• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe BEAST 6

BEAST 6
Posted by Lolex
Eriksbergshallen, Quality Hotel 11
Friday, February 19, 2016 - 04:00 PM
Until: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/Amsterdam)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to BEAST!
For the sixth installment, the old leadership has evolved into the more organized Beast Tournament Series, guaranteeing a better and more structured tournament experience for you.

The event is taking place in the Eriksbergshallen venue with an impressive 1500m2 area, and is located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Take the chance to share stage with the giants from around the globe in three different Smash games and show the world just how far you can go.

Where will you be when history is made?

The venue for BEAST 6 is located next to Quality Hotel 11 and for this event we have made arrangements with the hotel for a great deal on rooms on the dates 18-22 (Thur-Mon) around the event.

Discounted prices per room per night are as followed:
Room for two: 780kr / 84€ / 92$
Room for three: 1080kr / 117€ / 124$
Room for four: 1320kr / 143€ / 151$

Reservations are currently made through mail and phone contact with the promotion code “Beast“.

Phone number: +46 31 779 11 11
Mail: q.11@choice.se

Current schedule

Friday
Venue and check-in opens at 16:00
Project: M starts a few hours after this.

Saturday
Check-in is open from 8:00.
Remaining events will start before noon.
Teams bracket up to the top will be played in the evening.
Late evening for fun-events.

Sunday
Day starts with singles brackets to the top.
Every event will after this be streamed pretty much one after the other starting with teams.

Once checked-in you are free to come and go around the clock.

(more detailed schedule will be posted as we set it in stone)

Streams for the event:

Geeky Goon Squad is the main stream for melee and finals during BEAST 6.
http://www.twitch.tv/geekygoonsquad - https://twitter.com/geekygoonsquad

Salty Playground is our stream focusing on Smash 4.
http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground - https://twitter.com/saltyplayground

Spectator Passes will be sold in person at the venue for people attending to not play in the tournaments and just there to spectate and play friendlies.

Costs will be 35€/350kr for the full event, 10€/100kr for just friday and 15€/150kr for saturday and sunday each.

Payouts for the event will be as followed:

1st place: 40%
2nd place: 23%
3rd place: 14%
4th place: 9%
5-6th place: 5%
7-8th place: 2%

General Rules for all games

All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
Handicap set to OFF.
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
Team Attack is on, and you are allowed to share stocks.
Teammates may not touch each other’s controllers during games.

Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player/team cannot counter-pick any stage they previously won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
Gentleman’s Clause: In the case where both players agree to play on any Starter och Counter-pick stage, then it is legal to play on for that set.
Stage Bans: After winning your first game you enter stage ban phase, you who won the previous game may ban 1 (2 for Project M) stage from either the stage list for the game.
Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Striking:
At the start of the set players engage in a battle of RPS best of 1.
Winner strikes the first stage. Loser then strikes the next two stages.
Winner strikes the last one effectively choosing the first stage they play on.
(for Project: M, check the Project: M specific page.)

After each match:
Winner announces his banned stages if in ban phase
Loser chooses counter-pick stage
Winner chooses their character
Loser chooses their character
(for Project: M, check the Project: M specific page.)

Double Blind Character Selection:
Either player may request that a double blind selection occur.
In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round.
Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.

Pauses:
Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN re spawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction.
All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
If the pause causes the opponent to lose a stock, the player who pauses forfeits 2 stocks.

Warmups:
Warmup periods, button checks, and “handwarmers” may not exceed 30 seconds on the game clock.
Violation of this rule may result in an automatic forfeit at the discretion of the TO.

Rules for Super Smash Bros Melee
4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
Master Hand is banned.
Wobbling is allowed up to 300%
Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.

Stage List

Starter Stages
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
Pokémon Stadium (doubles only)

Counterpick Stages
Pokémon Stadium (singles only)

Rules for Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes.
Custom Fighters are set to off.
Mii Fighters are legal.
Each setup will have 1122 Mii Brawlers / 2331 Swordsmen / 3322 Gunners available for use
(Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console).
No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed.
Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
All DLC characters as of 01/19/2016 are legal.
The current live patch at the time of the tournament will be used.

Stage List

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Omega)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town & City

Counter-pick Stages
Duck Hunt
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Omega Stages*

* If Omega is banned, all Omegas are banned. Final Destination is treated as an omega stage.

Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team’s color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).
All controllers are acceptable for this event, with the exceptions of Pro Controllers that haven’t been modified to work as a wired controller.
In order to legally use a Pro Controller, you need to remove the battery and use a charging cable while playing.
Remember to always, always remove the batteries in your Wii Mote after your match.
Not following this, and interrupting another game, may result in disqualification.

Rules for Project: M
4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
Input Assist set to OFF.
All setups are to be vanilla Project M v3.6.

After each match:
Winner choses character
Loser choses character
Stage Bans by the winner of the last game
Loser picks a stage out of the remaining stages (non banned Starters/Counterpicks)
[repeat for each following match]

Stage List

Starter StagesGreen Hill Zone
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bowser Castle (alt.)

Counter-pick Stages
Delfino’s secret
Wario Land
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Norfair

Smash.gg
https://smash.gg/tournament/beast-6

Homepage
www.Beast-Series.com

FB page
BEAST Tournament Series

Twitter
https://twitter.com/BeastSeries

Contact
Mail: Contact@Beast-Series.com
Phone: 0046 704 379 669

More to come soon!

Mr. D4sh

Smash Rookie
Can't wait! I wonder what the ruleset for Sm4sh. Will it be 3 or 2 stock?

xzx

Smash Lord
Smash 4: IMO Battlefield should be "tied" with Dreamland 64, as they are very similar in structure, barring the Dreamland 64 wind hazard. It will not be fun nor fair for the player wanting to ban DL64/BF to only see his/her opponent pick the other stage.

On another note, Miiverse is a much better stage than Battlefield simply because of the fact that the ledges on Battlefield are really weird (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJUcNTGivM, not my video btw). One can't really justify having Battlefield over Miiverse because of this. (And yes, you can turn off those messages that appear in the background.) I would suggest having Miiverse as a starter stage, while Battlefield is bumped down to Counterpick stage, similar to how Final Destination is a CP stage. Lastly, just like Final Destination and all Omega stages are treated like one stage, the same should be applied to Miiverse/BF/DL64. Thoughts?

Please consider this. Thanks!

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Is the GamePad a legal controller? I know this is probably obvious, but since you are expected to bring your own controller and since a GamePad is required to start the game anyway, I just wanted to be sure. Granted, I'll bring my own GamePad even if there will be spare ones.

xzx

Smash Lord
Is the GamePad a legal controller? I know this is probably obvious, but since you are expected to bring your own controller and since a GamePad is required to start the game anyway, I just wanted to be sure. Granted, I'll bring my own GamePad even if there will be spare ones.
Since you can only have a maximum of one gamepad per player in a match, they have to be banned, since if two players want to use the gamepad, who should? That is the problem. But not many players chooses to play the gamepad, so you can always try to gentleman it. xD ;) But a TO will need to answer your question though.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
will be at this tourny but there is something I would love to ask about Smash4

the rules says that the current patch will be played on, but does that mean Corrin and Bayonetta is legal or are they banned? my friend told me thats not the case this time

xzx

Smash Lord
will be at this tourny but there is something I would love to ask about Smash4

the rules says that the current patch will be played on, but does that mean Corrin and Bayonetta is legal or are they banned? my friend told me thats not the case this time
They're banned, along with Umbra Clock Tower.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
They're banned, along with Umbra Clock Tower.
I know it's probably banned because of how new it is, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that stage becomes legal in the future. The interactions aren't nearly as bad as some other stages, but it might have too many platforms coming and going. Maybe a counter pick? I'm not sure.

xzx

Smash Lord
I know it's probably banned because of how new it is, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that stage becomes legal in the future. The interactions aren't nearly as bad as some other stages, but it might have too many platforms coming and going. Maybe a counter pick? I'm not sure.
I would say it's best for it to become a counterpick stage.

Poilu

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. If you don’t know me, I am Poilu, a French PM player who started Melee 10 years ago and who got into PM a year ago. Since I started PM I trained hard every day to become a top player and now I often get top 3 in nationals, even beating Zen several times in the process. When I heard of BEAST 6, I got so excited; I couldn’t wait to play other European top players and go to my first international tournament. So Zen, Rikkel, Charby and I planned everything for this trip months in advance. We started to worry when we saw the PM tournament (that gathered 166 players) was planned to be done in 6 hours. A160 player tournament can’t be done in 6 hours, so I posted my worries on Facebook and the TO, Lolex, told me “Well, the venue will be open all night, so even if the tournament gets late, we can still finish it on Friday”. On one hand I was relieved because I knew the tournament wouldn’t be cancelled, on the other hand, I thought about Zen who got into both Melee and PM and had to sleep late on Friday and then wake up early for melee. But I didn’t want to bother the TO too much, I know that this is really hard to organize such a big event.

One month later, I asked the TO how he would do for the seedings, he told me that he would like each top players of every region to make the seeding of their country. Once again I was relieved, sadly we can’t afford to go abroad often (my first time in 10 years of playing) so I understand that it’s really hard to seed correctly a tournament as big as the Beast that gathers players from so many countries.

But he didn’t.

Like, at all.

As soon as I saw the pools, I smelled something was fishy, the seeding was really weird. So I instantly messaged the TO using their form and telling them about it. But two days after that it got even worst. Rikkel for example, who is a top 5 player in France was seeded last of his pool. I was seeded right next to the last player of my own pool and there was still pools with many good players in the same pool. Zen, who is seeded first, confirmed me he hadn’t hear anything about Lolex asking him the seeding of French players.

I still managed to pass the pool, I lost to Timi 2-1 and the games were close, but Blue, a good UK Squirtle player didn’t even pass the pools even though he was a really solid player because of the seeding.

After the pool finished, Rikkel and I discovered how the Bracket went, I had to play against Alpha Dash and Rikkel against SilentDoom, two strong players and if we lost both, we had to play against each others and one of us would finish 32nd. We absolutely had to win this but I felt confident. I know the ROB MU and managed to beat Timi’s ROB in pools.

We went to grab something to eat, 15 minutes passed and there was waiting at the place we went to so we asked Zen and Charby to go tell the TO that Rikkel and I (that stayed at the place we went) were coming just now. We would come in 5 minutes since we went to grab somethingjust next to the venue. Charby told the TO about us and he said he was OK with this and Zen told Alpha dash.

We came 15 min after the bracket started. I went to see Zen and I asked him if something happened, he told me that, amongst us four, no one had been called it was okay. It’s just that Alpha Dash was searching for me, so I went to see him directly, but Rikkel ran to me and told me Alpha Dash and SilentDoom were playing together.

I asked them to stop, since I was the one who should play Alpha Dash and Rikkel should be the one playing SilentDoom but since they were in the middle of their game, they wouldn’t listen to me. So I came to see one of the TOs, and told him I was here and I wasn’t called (Zen told me they didn’t call for me) and neither was Rikkel. I told the TO that I'll immediately play against Alpha Dash and he told me it was okay to go (It was still the beginning of top 32 and several games would have to be held on stream ,so there was time).

I came back and asked them to stop, but they continued to ignore me, they were focused on their game. Another TO came, Viktor Johansonn, and asked me to go to the TO desk to discuss about this. I told him what happened, that I was just 5 minutes next to the venue, that we were two who went to grab for some food and two who stayed in the venue in case one of us had to play. That we weren’t there for only 15 minutes since top 32 started (only the first games had started and the stream still had top 32 matches playing on it) he only answered “I should DQ both of you, but I will just send you into losers”.

I spent 400€ on this trip and so did Rikkel, if we went both into losers it would mean that one of us would get out of the bracket since we would have to play one another. I wasn’t called, Zen promised me that, and the TO knew that we went out just to grab something to eat quickly. I told him all of that. Charby came and got angry, one of the staff member knew everything about our whereabouts since he told him. But he decided to lie by telling “I don’t remember”. We were still in the middle of top 32, so I told him I could play my game against Alpha Dash now, so the tourney won’t run late at all since some players hadn’t still played their game in top 32 but he still refused to hear me out. I asked him what exactly we did wrong. We had to eat, we ate when pools were finished, we weren’t there for 15 minutes. Players should have some time before getting DQ’ed especially when they decided to travel so far just for the tourney. What did we do wrong ? Viktor Johansonn told me this : “Bad luck”. And then told me to stop asking him not to get DQ’ed of the winners or else I would get DQ’ed of the whole tournament.

Rikkel and I explained what happenend to Zen, but the TO separated us by saying “and you play now, or you get DQ’ed” once again. Rikkel and I played each other, but it had no meaning anymore, we didn’t want to play and even less against each others. I won and he lost, but I didn’t want to be part of the tournament anymore.

On the next game, I gave up, and threw my controller in rage and broke it. Alpha Dash knew that I had gone out to eat and still played his game even though I would be there in a few minutes, and we did everything we could to prevent that but because the tourney was getting late (which is obvious since they planned it to last a few hours).

I still cheered for Zen and Charby. When I heard Charby was playing against Alpha Dash, I immediately went to see the games. Another example of bad planning, in the middle of their set (2-1, BO5) someone came to ask them to play on the stream, they refused since it was almost over, but he insisted. They were about to unplug their controllers but another TO came and told them to continue playing on their setup. Charby won over Alpha Dash, so I hugged him because the games were really close and it was losers, but Viktor came and separated us and told Charby and I “NO CHEERING NO CHEERING.

WHAT THE **** I’M NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO CHEER FOR A FRIEND ?! He told Charby to run to the stream. He didn’t even have time to catch his breath, even for a minute! I know the tournament was getting late, but this is ridiculous. Besides, it’s THEIR OWN ****ING FAULT IF IT WAS, since they planned the tourney to last 6 hours. How in the world would it be possible to make it happen ? (Well, they tried by DQing players it seems).

The tourney was on PM 3.61 on the setup with Leffen’s face on the balloon(which isn’t entirely made by the PMDT) instead of 3.6 like it was written on their website. And players in the bracket were kept in the dark, with no announcement being made or even a “If you don’t show up in 5 min, you’ll be DQed”.

I know that Viktor Johansonn wanted to prevent the PM tournament to finish too late, but what he did wasn’t the job of a TO. You don’t DQ players because of that. You don’t prevent players from cheering one another. You call players when they have to play. It’s the basics of organizing a tourney.

I heard later that two players went to the venue to play Smash 4, there were no Wii U left for freeplaying so they returned home to bring their own to be able to play and got kicked out of the venue because they wanted to keep it for freeplay. And the same guy who kicked them was Viktor Johansonn.

I also heard that Alpha Dash was nagging the TO to start his match. If so, it is a really unsportsmanship behavior since Zen told him about me getting something for us. If it is true, he used this information to force the TO to DQ me so he wouldn’t have to play me, and I really hope he is not that kind of player who would destroy the entire trip of someone just because he feared he would lose.

TL;DR : It was the worst way to organize a tournament like this. Rikkel and I got DQed because we grabbed something to eat and were away for fifteen minutes even though one of the staff members knew about our whereabouts. We weren’t even allowed to cheer for our friends and all of this was due to Viktor Johansonn's bad decisions. BEAST 6 didn’t care about PM at all, the organization was totally different for PM than it was for Melee or Smash 4. They didn’t think the seeding through, they didn’t care about calling players for their game if they didn’t know where they were, they just treated it as a side event and that made it a total failure. I lost half a week and more than 400€ because of this bull****.

The TOs tried their best into making the tournament as great as possible. A more than 650 persons tournament is really hard to manage and stressful. But I cannot forgive how we were treated, especially by Viktor Johansonn. It was unfair to the PM players not to be treated like the other players with many things. No announcement, no seedings, 3.61 on some wii while it’s 3.6 on others… I haven’t attended melee or smash 4 or doubles, but I hope it went as great as possible for the ones who did. And I really hope that the tournament organizers will take my post into account while organizing the beast 7.

Top Bottom