• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Be in the Know: 'What Is Brawl Minus?'

Do you like Brawl-?

• Yes

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Pichu

Votes: 31 50.0%

• Total voters
BM.png
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been subject to several fan-mods that shake up the playing experience. These range from fan patches like Brawl Plus that aim to make the game more competitive to near-total conversions like Project M that introduce new mechanics and characters.

Brawl Minus is fan-mod based on a rather unorthodox balancing philosophy. According to the Brawl- development team, "every character so overpowered that they are balanced".

To further explain the mod and its various intricacies, the developers recently released a video entitled 'What is Brawl Minus', which can be seen below.

Should you be interested in Brawl Minus, consider paying its official website and Facebook page a visit.

What do you think of Brawl Minus? Is it a fun and well-made mod? Let us know in the poll and comments section of this article.

Author's note: Brawl Minus looks like an exciting new way to play Brawl. I feel like this will bring a new freshness to an 8-year old game. I hope that after all this time, this game will still be at least the base for more fan efforts like Brawl Minus; you should definitely try it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

Brawl Minus is the greatest competitive and fun game around. I play this regularly online thanks to the built in WiFi code. You're all missing out if this isn't already on your SD card!

Brawl- is literally my least favorite iteration of Smash. I'd legit rather play Brawl on any given day. It isn't even jank fun, it's just extremely gay and annoying to the point where I can't even passively play it as a joke and enjoy myself. It was fun at one point until they went tryhard and made it actually miserable to play. 0/10.

Last edited:
First off, literally every character has a true 0 to death. Second, GANON. He is too broken its not even funny. He is the ultimate meta and if you ever play him, you may as well just give up. His range is just stupid and his power + combo ability makes him the only character on the tier list. Its truly unfortunate... Meh, if this does get big (after like 8 years), welp have fun guys!

Last edited:
Do you think it's worth playing Brawl Minus if you already have Project M?
Not at all. Brawl- is for fun, PM is for serious play. There's no reason not to try it, but the two should never be associated with one another in terms of playstyle and mindset.

Top Bottom