• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Tournament, December 16

Yayuhhz?

• Yayuhhz!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Yayuhhz!!

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metà

Smash Master
Yayuhhz, another successful BC tourney! This time, organized by me! The facility was great, thanks to everyone who attended and helped make the event go smoothly.
Singles:
1st - S-Royal
2nd - Sastopher
3rd - Eric
Doubles:
1. Sastopher + Blair
2. John + S-Royal
3. Derilink + Bladewise
4. Ryan + Tiep
5. Gimpyfish + Mike
6. Meta + Rusty
6. Manli + Spite
6. Eric + Adam
9. LysanderBlack + Eden
9. AIDS + Camerican
9. Peanut Reactor + Edmund
9. Genesis + Jynx

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess I'll do my shout-outs.

S-Royal: nice job winning singles. I wasn't so sure when you lost that first set to Sastopher 3-0, but then you came back and won the next set 3-0 all with Dr. Mario! Good luck back in Japan.

Manuel: Going for unnecessary shinespikes = lose for you. Hahaha. You'll never live that cutter spike down. I was also surprised we won a match (was it two?) in doubles.

Adam: In our toonie MM, you 4-stocked me. First time anybody has done that since I started playing with you guys. Figures it would be taped too. Nice job anyway, had the Ganon working :p

Washington PPL: First Sastopher knocks me out on winners, then Hero does so in losers (with Young Link! cool stuff). It is clear that should I ever want to be competitive, I'll have to start playing better characters.

Gimpy: GGs on the money match. How is it that I have so much trouble edgeguarding Bowser?

Meta: Props for hosting a successful tournament. It was well run and the room was just fine. I got lost on my way out of the building though :(. Thanks to your mom too for helping.

Anyone who brought a TV/Power Bar/Gamecube/etc: Without you guys, this tournament wouldn't be possible. Thanks for supplying the goods.

Good times guys :)

umm, why didnt blair get top 3???
im very mad i didnt get to go. :(
you guys should come to the next GC tourney or FD ONRY.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I agree with Otto. I are angry about not going. You come to GC AND FD onry. Ammon offers housing to a max of 5...>_>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
gimpyfish's massively fast 2 AM completely non personal shoutouts that will be edited and better later super happy fun time!!!!!!!!!!

people i just met for the first time: <3 nice to meet you
people who i've met before and played again: <3 good to see you again
people i didn't get a chance to play: </3 though i dont think there were that many really
people who couldn't make it and are from canada: </3 maybe i'll play you tomorrow (or today i guess haha)
people from wa who couldn't make it: T-T
people from wa who came: <3
S-Royal: crazy, very good stuff dude, i hope you enjoyed playing my bowser as much as i enjoyed playing you (i doubt it, playing against bowser si no fun) I just wish we got more bowser vs doc, those were pretty even and really fun
Earwic: earwic combo?
ryab: ...earwic combo?
tieb?: can i do that to your name?
Gimp$: am i in the canadian crew yet or what lol
bowser: <3!

verbal mindgames ftw?

if anyone can in fact come over tomorrow btw please bring a vhs tape i've recorded nothing and am very sad because of it T-T

you want a happy gimpy, not a sad gimpy

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace

Singles
1st - S-Royal (Takuto)
2nd - Sastopher (Chris)
3rd - Blunted_Object10 (Eric)
4th - DeriLink (Derek)
5th - Hitsugaya (John)
5th - CowEar (Ryan)
7th - Bladewise (Teddy)
7th - VarietyBarrage (Blair)
9th - Gimp$ (Tony)
9th - Patooty (Tiep)
9th - Zeru (Mike)
9th - ?

Doubles
1st - Sastopher + Blair
2nd - Japanada (S-Royal + John)
3rd - Teddy + DeriLink
4th - Crep (Tiep + Ryan)

From what I remember and who won in the sets.
Singles (Didn't see much of the singles finals.)
Winners Finals was S-Royal vs Eric

Losers Finals was Eric vs Sastopher

Finals Finals was S-Royal vs Sastopher
(Set 1 - 3-0 for Sas / Set 2 - 3-0 for S-Royal)

Doubles
Winners Finals was Japanada vs Sastopher + Blair
(3-2 for Japanada)

Loser Finals was DeriLink + Teddy vs Sastopher + Blair
(3-1 for Sastopher + Blair)

Finals Finals was Japanada vs Sastopher + Blair
(Set 1 - 3-1 for Sastopher + Blair / Set 2 - 3-1 for Sastopher + Blair)

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Amazing, guys. Bah, Skiing in Powder snow up @ whistler > Smash *Runs away*

Next smash i'll come, but its most unlikely because its the Ski Season. Don't have time for smash

Carl and Eric if you see this I wonder what our Kids will be like

Good Job BC, couldn't have done better. Adam, where were you? and Tiep? Explain, both of you.

Ryan and John and Eric: Give yourself a big high five to yourself, you deserve being one of the top in BC.

As for me. Well...let me know when next smashfest is XD

Metà

Smash Master
Man, why are people negrepping me? Was this tournament not kickass enough for +rep? Where's my positive rep! You don't negrep M2K saying he knows too much about frame data.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah you guys should take into consideration that Evan just ran a tournament for you, and overlook his know-it-all frame rate antics, since it's not that big of a deal. He's just trying to enlighten. Could probably learn to hold his tongue. =P

I <3 everyone except Nate's mom

Metà

Smash Master
I was thinking of hosting a tournament 3 months from now, but since you guys had to be such *****, I'm reconsidering. The SFU staff liked how the room was clean when we left. They'll probably let us have another one later, but that's going to take some reconciliation.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Carl and Eric if you see this I wonder what our Kids will be like
Our kids will be hyper. We'll buy them rayguns. They'll know what to do.

Comments

Eric! Wow. Way to go! good thing you still have it.

John and Ryan! Proving the BC rankings correct one tournament at a time.

Tiep! yaaay Tiep!

The rest of BC: FOR SHAME. Esp. Nick who skipped smash for LIFE. What a loser.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
gimpyfish's massively fast 2 AM completely non personal shoutouts that will be edited and better later super happy fun time!!!!!!!!!!

people i just met for the first time: <3 nice to meet you
people who i've met before and played again: <3 good to see you again
people i didn't get a chance to play: </3 though i dont think there were that many really
people who couldn't make it and are from canada: </3 maybe i'll play you tomorrow (or today i guess haha)
people from wa who couldn't make it: T-T
people from wa who came: <3
S-Royal: crazy, very good stuff dude, i hope you enjoyed playing my bowser as much as i enjoyed playing you (i doubt it, playing against bowser si no fun) I just wish we got more bowser vs doc, those were pretty even and really fun
Earwic: earwic combo?
ryab: ...earwic combo?
tieb?: can i do that to your name?
Gimp$: am i in the canadian crew yet or what lol
bowser: <3!

verbal mindgames ftw?

if anyone can in fact come over tomorrow btw please bring a vhs tape i've recorded nothing and am very sad because of it T-T

you want a happy gimpy, not a sad gimpy

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

Gimp$ - EARWICK COMBO!!!! Great times great times... Love the Wii you got there what type of paper did you use and where can I get myself one?! Sorry I had to take you out in losers but you took me out last time you were up here.

Hero Sub-Lime - Love the Y.Link action. Very impressive. You were a lot better then in your videos I saw. Finally we got to play!

Sastopher - Your Peach is killer! I wish I was as good as you. 2nd match we had was close. Grats on 2nd and 1st in teams.

Blair - Your mind games are insane! It was fun playing you in teams. Most intense match I have ever been in.

DeriLink - Calm Down! Haha. It was just great waking up 3am in the morning and seeing you sitting beside me and randomly say "Calm down" then I just ignore you, turn around and go back to sleep lol. Your Link is the best I've played before. Actually its like the only Link I have played. Your to cool!

Teddy - You have a trixy Marth there. Very very close match we had there. Keep it up!

S-Royal - Very impressive. Congrats on 1st place! Good luck on the Japan tournament next week!

Earwick - Nice job taking 3rd. Didn't get to play you.

Ryab - You keep getting earwick combo'd!

Tiep - We played a few matches I don't think you should quit samus, you just need to learn new tricks.

Adam - We didn't get to play. To bad about your rankings I know you wanted to get higher then 13th.

Team Purple - You guys gotta learn some team work. Chris you gotta help Edmund when he is getting edge hogged. Edmund you gotta stop using your UpB so early use your float and then double jump then upB for your recovery.

Evan - You kind of didn't take the roll of being the "host" Adam and Sas were the "host" because they set up the brackets and called out the TV's. You did provide the room and your mom provided the food. So yeah you didnt really take the initiative of organizing any of the tournament matches and just left it so Adam and Sas could do it. But I will say thanks for getting the room and big thanks to your mom for getting the food.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
dont worry team purple was just getting used to playing actual people haha
we'll be ready for the next smashfest/tournament to win LOTS of money >;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
roby: pick up a good character, pichu is terrible lol
falsefalco: you weren't there, nor were you anywhere close, but you deserve a shoutout. <3
Ryab: earwic combo seems to be your downfall, my favorite part of any match ever was on dreamland vs you when you were laser spamming and i just stood there, my not approaching worried you so much you ran up with a neutral and got owned in the face. <3's for ryab, earwic combo = ryab giggle-fest. <3
Tieb: what was the deal with those friendlies at the tourney? haha after the first match it was all downhill from there, very confusing stuffs going on there, our infinite money match so we could keep playing bowser vs bowser counters was too good. i need to play you more, its no fair that we cant just keep playing <3
Earwic: omg inventor of the earwic combo. your falco tears it up to much, if i miss a single edgeguard ever i cant beat it, and i missed plenty at the tourney T-T (not that i'm expecting to win vs a really good falco lol) too good, nice placing at the tourney. O.O VERY nice. 3rd! <3
Adam: OMG ganon, play more ganon please, get the cfalcon out of here! bowser vs ganon is my favorite match (i say that about a lot of matches, but i might mean it here) i LOVE IT! keep that ganon nice and seckzy. lots and lots of <3's for adam! THANK YOU for being able to house us, sorry about a lot of failed communication as far as to/from train shenanagins, we will have it more set with stuff if we come up again (we meaning me, i'll come up every week if you want) *note: gimpyfish just lied, he cant afford to come up every week* LOTS OF <3 FOR GANON WOOOHOOOO adam ftw <3
John: you are ridiculous, i dont even get it, i beat you with my SHIEK forever ago in a tourney, and my shiek was TERRIBLE, now my bowser can't beat your peach. -_- i thought i was going to beat you fo sho before i came, then all of your random characters were good for some reason (but not as good as bowser ;P) and you decided to play some terrible roy garbage... your peach was top notch, seriously, you are a fantastic player with a great understanding of the game and fantastic mindgames. thanks for the ride from the train station to your house for like 7 hours of you me and hero smash lol <3
spite: kirby/gdub, very nice, i cant decide if Tommy from oregon or you has a better kirby, yours was very good, i liked it <3
lysanderblack: Dont take the game so seriously, i hardly ever really think about smash unless i'm currently playing, just relax and have fun with it, jungle japes is too good ;P
airo: we didn't meet at the tourney because you didn't make it (no johns) but we did get to play at adams, nice campy m2 in the money matches *watches you tap b repeatedly at the end of FD while fixing your hair with the other hand*
frame guy: calm down with your frames, dont teach me bowser
nintensity: no johns, you show up next time, bowser falco rematch next time we meet?
Adam's dad: THANK YOU for providing us with transportation and I'm sorry that it wasn't very well communicated as far as what we needed, we (as in me and reggie) REALLY appreciate it, thanks a lot.

wa people
hero: a pleasure to travel with you again, i think a few people were getting angry about us being loud and laughing a lot, but meh, thats to bad haha... "uh?" "oah?!" "eh?" ... too good.
zeru: what happened to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you fell apart mentally at the tourney, you should have taken a half hour break or something, the things tha happened over on that tv shouldn't have happened (at least not like that hahaha)
Teddy: why didn't we play at all ever? *sigh* i like playing your peach good job in the tourney mate, you tied with blair and outplaced ME!
Blair: you are too awesome for not top 3, i dunno what happened and i doubt you do either, FFA money match peer pressure mindgames own me T-T you: "BOWSER IS WINNING GO GET THE BOWSER" me: "bowser is already a stock behind everyone else... T-T" everyone else: "yes blair, we do as you command" me: T-T
Chris: awesome finals man, those were way way WAY to cool to watch, i'm really glad that was recorded i cant wait to watch it again, we all know you let him win ;P if there is such a thing as too good i'm pretty sure thats you.
Link: i only played you a few times, but they were fun matches, your link is too cool (it makes sense... its your name afterall) why didn't you win the tourney? i didn't get to watch like any of your matches, sadness from gimpyfish.
Silent/Eggz/Nate: erruhhhhh?!??

how come i come to a tourney expecting like every match i ever do to be recorded and leave with zero footage at all haha
people who were bringing vcr's and stuff are big failures at everything.
i will money match you top 5 guys when we can record them for sure, we just need to make sure we dont keep putting it off, ya'll might get to good for bowser soon.

S-Royal: OH MY GOODNESS. I've never played ANYONE with as good of spacing as you have, it was CRAZY! I LOVED playing your doc, playing your fox was fun too, i got to beat masashi and thunders haha. Congratulations on winning the tourney, i'm glad i got to play you a lot before you left, I really hope that I can play bowser vs you (but its unlikely you are back in japan again!) Very well played, you are an amazing smasher.

Gimpyfish: omg... bowserwii ftw?

sorry if i missed you, thanks for the money matches people that money matched me, gimpyfish leaves another tourney in the positive woot!

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
gimpy i didnt get to money match bowser ditto you/meet you
im the guy who played your bowser in friendlies with mine and got 4 stocked =Z
haha i dont know what you were expecting but hearing you call out a bit later
"wasn't there supposed to be a bowser player here?" kinda made me feel bad, but dont worry i dont suck THAT much cause bowsers only my secondary

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha you likely misheard, i think what i said was "wasn't i supposed to have a money match with somebody over here?" or something like that, and then i probably talked about bowser because thats all i ever talk about anyways haha dont worry about it

<3

Metà

Smash Master
What?! Where are my shout-outs?! I just went through so much work to host that tournament and no one even remembers me? I am thoroughly ashamed. : (

Metà

Smash Master
John, I tried to help out with the brackets, but Sas and Adam had it completely under control. Also, I had to help so many people find the room, and help Adam and Tiep get to their car, and go through all the details with getting the room for that day (my mom asked the people in charge of FAS, and they had to talk to me to get the time and date and work out agreements), and collect money, and such. I did more work than you think in organizing this, and people don't realize it, but I don't blame them, because it did seem like Adam was doing everything.

EDIT: Roby, your Pichu is quite good. Well, as far as Pichu goes. I mean, he's Pichu, pretty much the joke character of smash. (I mean that in a nice way, go Pichu!)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yeah Evan you did all that but people don't know exactly what you did.
You asked you mom about the room and then got details for the room. I wouldn't really expect OOS people or new people to know who you are and know what you did.
You did collect the money but if you kind of think about it anyone could have really done that and no one would think they are the host. For an example Andrew was recording matches for the doubles brackets and I doubt anyone thought he was the host. Like you said its like Adam was doing everything.

So pretty much just to sum it all up, No one knew what you did because during the actual tourney you mostly just walked around and did friendlies. I would bet that all the new people that went would think Adam was the host. So just make yourself stand out more as not annoying and more "host" like.

Metà

Smash Master
Man, that hurts when you call me annoying, because most of the people are just remember the two minutes of frame data I spouted. : (
Anyway, thanks to Adam and Sas for helping organize everything, and to everyone else, please realize that you wouldn't have had this tourney without me. I'm not trying to be an egoist or anything, but I would really like to be recognized just once for doing something right, and taking initiative.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
umm, why didnt blair get top 3???
im very mad i didnt get to go. :(
you guys should come to the next GC tourney or FD ONRY.
Blair got Falco'd by none other then Eric Brown.
I'm hoping to make the next GC. But I'm gunna have to pass on the FD ONRY. I'll just get ***** TOO hard by you fox's and Falco's XD.

SHOUTOUTS:

Sas: Good job beating me and Eric in teams, those were close matches. Also good job taking my 5 bux you earned it :). At 3 am I was like "WTF WHO IS CALLING ME AT THIS TI...... oh wait". :laugh:

Link: Hair definetly does not count towards height I'm sorry.

Blair: Energy drinks are supposed to bring you up not down :confused:

Gimpy: Your Bowser is too good. Ganon can supposedly **** bowser but I'm SERIOUSLY thinking that you've managed to even out that matchup with your bowser hax. EXCELLENT edgeguarding by the way and it was alot of fun having you at my place.

Herosublime: We are too good @ UN Squadron. That boss got uber ***** in the end. It was fun hosting you guys and I look forward to coming down to WA and seeing you again soon.

S-royal: Congratulations on defeating every Canadian and American you came up against. You are clearly a superior player when stacked up against us Canadians. Although Eric seemed to give you alot of trouble in winners finals. I guess I have to go to Japan now and own up everyone there HAHA ya right. GG

Genesis: WTF Robbie! TOO CLOSE! Sorry about your SD in our last match. That was harsh.

Tiep: God ****it Tiep!

Ryan: God ****it Ryan!

John: Good job taking 2nd in teams and placing high in singles.

Eric: I am very proud of you Eric. I was hoping to see you beat S-Royal but u couldn't quite do it. Very good taking out Blair and Link. You are the space animal master! Too bad we got ghey'd in teams brackets. We totally came the closest to beating Blair and Sas.

I'm sorry guys I hate doing shoutouts.

Zeru, Bladewise GG's. Bladewise your Peach is quite good I was very impressed. Zeru we should have teamed up on blair in the end there you KNOW we should have!!!

everyone else GG's all around and I'lll see some of you at the next smashfest/tournament or whatever.

EVAN: Thanks very much for hosting this tournament although I had expected alot more people. It was still as good a turnout as Eric and I have ever had so congratulations. PLEASE consider hosting @ SFU again in the near future :).

Metà

Smash Master
I will post the brackets tonight when I have time. Also, please do not call me frame guy. I only look to frame data for consistent results with attacks, because I often wonder, "is this move faster than this move", or "what's the exact range of this attack", because sometimes I'm unsure of certain characters. I rarely look at Puff's frame data, because I have plenty of experience with her, but other characters I don't play much, like Roy or Bowser, I like to figure out how they work. It's strictly a matter of my own interest, but I always thought people could benefit from knowing a little bit more about the game, no matter how trivial.

Let me re-iterate: do not call me frame guy.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I will post the brackets tonight when I have time. Also, please do not call me frame guy. I only look to frame data for consistent results with attacks, because I often wonder, "is this move faster than this move", or "what's the exact range of this attack", because sometimes I'm unsure of certain characters. I rarely look at Puff's frame data, because I have plenty of experience with her, but other characters I don't play much, like Roy or Bowser, I like to figure out how they work. It's strictly a matter of my own interest, but I always thought people could benefit from knowing a little bit more about the game, no matter how trivial.

Let me re-iterate: do not call me frame guy.
lol frame guy

Top Bottom