• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord

BC smash has seen a lot of change over the past three years, with west-coast veterans retiring or relocating and newer players stepping it up to replace and supersede their old-timer counterparts. Newer metro-Vancouver smashers (read: Falco) continue to improve, while communities outside the lower-mainland conspire, waiting for their day of triumph...

Rankings are variable as players who once occupied the lower parts of the rankings are rising up and challenging the traditional top contenders. This power ranking is a means to differentiate between the best of these players in the region. Its secondary purpose is to motivate people to improve, and create friendly competition.

Interim Panelists:
Meta, Yakal, xXx-Noobking-xXx

POSITION CRITERIA:

• Tournament performance. This is the biggest factor. It’s great that you ***** Player X in friendlies for like 29 hours yesterday, now let’s see it in tournament! Notice that it is not only placement that is taken into account, but also brackets – who did you win or lose to?

• Consistency. A good player is consistent in his smash game. You can’t beat M2K one day and then lose to that scrub down the street the next. To be considered for this ranking, you must perform well in tournament most of the time.

• Activity. In order to assess skill and performance, panelists must actually be seeing you play. This means tournaments, too. Showing up and participating in tournaments is mandatory to be considered for this PR. Those neglecting to do this will be removed; some old PR-worthy players have already been.

Retired/relocated: Blunted_Object10, Hitsugaya, Daltsy, Diakonos.

There you have it. Feel free to discuss placement,and advocate change. Do present logical arguments for why you think something should be changed. Do try to be considerate and impersonal in your posts. Flaming will not be tolerated, and death by Pikachu awaits the poor bloke who instigates mayhem.

Patooty

Smash Ace
First!
?

I just wanna reiterate what Manuel said in that placement discussion is welcome, and we'll take back things that the community says and possibly use it in future decisions.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL It was the FIRST thing Manuel posted XD.

I didn't really send in a COMPLETE and finalized list but I'm okay with what we have for now :)

FINALLY an accurate list of our current standings. I was getting REALLY tired of all the BS over the past 6 months. GREAT WORK Manuel! It looks pretty spiffy :p

Rampage

vx
YEAHYUZZZZ I'VE BEEN WAITING SIR FALCO!!!

also, I'm pretty sure matt mains Fox/Falcon

and keith lives in delta, also evan is jiggs/sheik

can we talk about barlw pr here? :3

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yakal with the corrections! *slaps to the panelists face*

This whole thing is ALL wrong! Like omg what are you talking about?
wtf is a BC melee ...... Ranking anyway?
lol jks guys, just trying to cause trouble :]
And the Power just doesn't show up on the screne for some reason o.O
I don't know much but it looks right to me.

I plan to crack this list too one day. Probably in a few decades once everyone retires and I play smash consistantly for a little while :p

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
YEAHYUZZZZ I'VE BEEN WAITING SIR FALCO!!!

also, I'm pretty sure matt mains Fox/Falcon

and keith lives in delta, also evan is jiggs/sheik

can we talk about barlw pr here? :3
Yeah, Matt sent me the message. It's been fixed. NO you may NOT talk about Barlw PR here. Did you not read the part about the Pikachu at the end? I consider Brawl PR discussion flaming. There IS a thread for that, it's the original PR thread. Private Message John and tell him to get on the brawl PR update.
why isnt john's name up there? he still *****
Very good question. We considered him inactive, and he also personally requested not to be up there.
Put me on....*shakes fist*
If you really want, I can add you as the example?

EDIT:// Does everyone agree with the criteria?

EDIT2:// It wasn't just John we didn't consider for PR due to inactivity. There was Troy, Gary, Robbie, North Van, Nik, the BEEF, BC Chris, Booshk, Jeff, HOWARD FROM VICTORIA (is pretty ****!), Gamepro, and gimpyfish. IMO these were definite contenders for spots 8-10.

EDIT3:// Especially Gimpyfish.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I don't see why he was considered inactive. He still went to the SFU tournament on June 7th, and those previous as well. Him requesting nto to be on it, though confusing, is an adequate reason I guess.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If 9 more people quit, I'll take #1 cause I'm not a quiter ;] lol jkz

Also, hurray for changing the font so POWER shows up on my screne.

But Tony, you attended the last melee one and did well so why not stay?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If 9 more people quit, I'll take #1 cause I'm not a quiter ;] lol jkz

Also, hurray for changing the font so POWER shows up on my screne.

But Tony, you attended the last melee one and did well so why not stay?
Kinda sucks that everyone is moving up lol, just shows that the melee scene is slowly dying and some of you didn't really earn your spots. Isn't it weak to get all of a sudden let's say 3rd because a person better than you quit? Don't you feel you wanted to kick his *** but you regret it now that you can't anymore? Destroying rivalry is one of the things that I don't like really. Even in montreal we barely play melee anymore, maximum once a week. I just wish the scene was like what it was, that's all >_> I don't want to see the people I love quit.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, as Yakal said, I'll be hosting a big tournament in early January. I'll be making the thread this weekend, and try to get some OOS coming, especially EC Canada.

And I'll try to rent some TV's this time, so we can get through all the events.

Oh, and please take the Fox off my spot. I've been Jiggs/Sheik for a while now, and I don't think that will change as long as I'm still playing Melee.

Nice list though, thanks for putting the effort in to get this up. Even though I kinda feel like I don't deserve to be top 10 because of all the inactive players. >_>

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, as Yakal said, I'll be hosting a big tournament in early January. I'll be making the thread this weekend, and try to get some OOS coming, especially EC Canada.

And I'll try to rent some TV's this time, so we can get through all the events.

Oh, and please take the Fox off my spot. I've been Jiggs/Sheik for a while now, and I don't think that will change as long as I'm still playing Melee.

Nice list though, thanks for putting the effort in to get this up. Even though I kinda feel like I don't deserve to be top 10 because of all the inactive players. >_>
How big the tournament is it going to be you think? Is it going to be melee/brawl or just melee?

AIDS

Smash Lord
Knowing Evan, I would say Melee + 64 is probably the answer to that.

Kage is 100% anti brawl? I shall hope so! =)

I think the really good people are not leaving the community, Just John.

unityole

Smash Lord
ive got work on weekends, cant make or go to tournies anymore, except for august 16th..

also why are people even thinking of quitting melee? at the very least should try to keep playing despite that they'll start lose more. it's just fun when you play the game. melee is not dying btw, we still got a lot of people coming to tournies and most of them still plays hard.

plays hard except for evan, cause he played too hard and hurt his hand.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Well if someone hosts a big enough tournament, we can cordially invite those inactive members and see how they still do against the lower PR.

I'd love to see Nik vs. Matt's Fox...

edit:// lol dieslow

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Why are so many people on Erics account? lol

And all 3 smash games should be at a SMASH tournement because they are all smash, and they are all fun.

lol Jack, don't hurt yourself playing MK too much, he breaks the game so he might break more, never know.

Why quit melee? It's fun. I haven't slept yet tonight (Saturday night, it's now Sunday morning) cause I just had an StD with Tim playing Brawl for the first part of the night then MELEE for the rest. It's a good game, it will live forever, just like dieslow ranked on PR!!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
what happened to Hitsugaya? That mother****er was 1st as Peach and all of a sudden he's gone. Was he BC's best? or was it a terribly updated PR for awhile?

Metà

Smash Master
what happened to Hitsugaya? That mother****er was 1st as Peach and all of a sudden he's gone. Was he BC's best? or was it a terribly updated PR for awhile?
Outdated, yeah. Hitsugaya is still good, but he lost interest in the game and started taking it less seriously (even used Ganondorf in most of his matches sometimes, lol). Eric has been consistently dominating here for a while, and John has pretty much quit.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Innactive+good and contenders+good are a yes.

AJ, we started around 11pm so figured you were sleeping already or something, didn't want to disturb lol

VA

Smash Hero
I'm drunk!?!!

Put me on Manuel! I <3 B.C smash. It's too great. I think I might move to Vancouver or go to UBC or something. I love VANCOUVER!

Top Bottom