• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC, Canada, SFU - SSB64/Melee tournament on Feb 16th

unityole

Smash Lord
**Only a week away, heres the info, similar post like this should also be under tournament listing, but its much harder to find**

We want to expand our community and you can help us grow by just showing up and play ! This will be on the Feb 16th, yay another Saturday =O and once again it is on SFU campus, Engineering lounge.

As expected, there will be SSB64 and Melee. We will have people arrive at 10-11 am and start as soon as possible, 11 am / noon so hopefully we can end it early.

Events / Prizes:
- Melee Singles Tournament + Doubles
- SSB64 Singles + Doubles

Melee Singles - $10 per player, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 70/20/10.
Melee Doubles - $10 per team, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 70/20/10.
SSB64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 6 stocks no item. Pot % 80/20
SSB64 Singles - $5 / player, best of 3, 6 stocks no item. Pot % 70/20/10.

All singles tournaments are seeded through pool/round robin, double elimination brackets.
All doubles tournaments are seeded through round robin or single elimination bracket.
Semis and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 7.

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.
- For Melee, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc... (rules will be from the 1st page of BC Canada Thread, the standards)
- All doubles, team attack ON, life stealing is allowed.

Our Equipments:
3 Setups for SSB64, 1 setup for Melee. Cheap snack food and pop machine!

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Others:
**Our lounge ain't that big, if you're here only for the melee tournament, I would ask no more than 16 players here just for melee. Of course, if you're here for both, its totally fine :)
(please do realize that abusing this would lead to of me asking some people to leave/ go home, just PM me in advance, you do have 3 weeks...)

Controllers will be provided for SSB64. It is required to bring a controller for yourself if participating in Melee. You are welcome to bring another Melee setup as the tournament will run more smoothly =)

**I will be honest. I am going to purchase food / snack such as pizza / chips but since I am such a big fan of SSB64 and also because of Melee as a smaller event, only the players who join SSB64 singles may have free pizza :o, unless prepayed.

Any other details, just ask me in person or post under the thread, I will get back to it as soon as possible.

Finally, YES THIS EVENT include both Melee and SSB64, NO BRAWL YET.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
Unityole
Wayne
MSC
Jeremy
Stephen
Tuan
Panda
Gavin
Meta
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Blunted_object10
Bwmat
AIDS
omgitswill (and 2-3 of his friends)
Spacefalcon
Patooty
Crackhead
Josh
Kuinn
Travis
Willy
Anthony
Hitsugaya
Piegopher
Matthew
x_nintensity_x
Kevin
Mike
Genesis FTW
James

Players unconfirmed
Holyman
Kham
- (his cusins' friends)
Prince Loki
Rip the Jacker - can't make it, good luck to your album recording !!!

64 ers
Anthony
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Crackhead
Gavin
Jeremy
Josh
Kevin
Matthew
Meta
Mike
MSC
Panda
Patooty
Quinn
Stephen
Tuan
Unityole
Wayne
Willy
xXx_NoobKing_xXx

Melee ers
AIDS
Blunted_object10
Bwmat
Crackhead
Genesis FTW
Hitsugaya
James
Meta
Omgitswill
- (2 to 3 of his friends)
Patooty
Piegopher
Spacefalcon
Travis
Tuan
x_nintensity_x
xXx_NoobKing_xXx

Players onhold
none..

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - A setup for SSB64
Unityole - TV
Willy - SSB64 + N64
Panda - N64 + RF switch
Meta - 2 TVs + 2 SSB64 + N64 + GC + Melee
Bwmat - TV
Blunted Object - A setup for Melee
Hitsugaya - A setup for Melee
AIDS - GC + Melee

There seem to be just enough players, not too much and not too little.
So there should be a Melee double.

unityole

Smash Lord
anyone that will be coming only for melee should let me know, post here or pm i guess.

btw, whats this gameclucks thing? like a tournament? when and where is it?
if it overlaps then i can probably change the time since its still around 3 weeks away.

UPDATES
since theres the gamecluck, ive changed the date to 16th for the fact that i would also like to see good melee players here. see some melee action for myself :O

people please supply the GC and TV.
at best, 3 setups if possible.

i will somehow rearrange the lounge so that everyone could fit.. now i just need to find enough power plugs and extension cord

unityole

Smash Lord
it would be nice if people can start msg here and support us with melee setups, including TVs and/or VCRs
there will undoubtly be mnay players only here for Melee.

some of course both 64 and melee and some only for 64.
those that are coming only for melee should speak up soon, since the tournament is in 2 and a half week, better to plan it ahead.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Like I said in the B.C. Thread I will be there for Melee and ssb64.

CONFIRMED!

O Nevermind u got the list Covered...

I got a question though your post says for Melee singles $10/15 per player... so is it $10? or $15?

unityole

Smash Lord
screw all that, gonna go with the rules thats on the 1st page of bc canada thread xD
and im very sure you all go by that rule :o which for you guys, its standard. gotta change this thing xD

kuinnster

Smash Rookie
Anyone who would like to be my partner for 64 doubles? If i can not find one by then, i will just team up with josh or jack i guess...

unityole

Smash Lord
Anyone who would like to be my partner for 64 doubles? If i can not find one by then, i will just team up with josh or jack i guess...
shiz sorry Quinn im already teamed with Adam.
but I doubt josh has a partner tho, I'm pretty sure hes avaliable to team with you :O

Metà

Smash Master
Eric, are you teaming with me again? I thought we did pretty well last time. : )

EDIT: Also, I think we should cap the Melee tournament at 16 players.

AIDS

Smash Lord
there are 17-18 melee players and 18 ssb64 players should we split T.V.'s equal for equal people iinstead of like make it 3-1?
we want them to go at the same pace, cause we need the best use of time for the T.V.'s

unityole

Smash Lord
there are 17-18 melee players and 18 ssb64 players should we split T.V.'s equal for equal people iinstead of like make it 3-1?
we want them to go at the same pace, cause we need the best use of time for the T.V.'s
it won't be 3 -1 cause there will be around 3 to 4 melee setups, if we dont have enough TVs and say only 4 TVs then yeah we will split it 2-2.

and AIDS is correct about both happening at once, most likely melee doubles and 64 doubles go first, follow by singles afterward, and pizza should be sometime between.

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol eric you would do one match of each game at once ok?=P

do we hafto pay for pizza?

edit: i have an important thing to attend to on this morning, could we please start the tournament around 1ish? if not then i will just join singles.

unityole

Smash Lord

if u were in 64 singles, its free pizza :o
if not, then its 5 dollars just like all sfu tournaments evan previously hosted.

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol wow, a little racist. lol

ummm, hey i thought my post was the most recent but i edited post #15, please respond unitoyle.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
You can finally confirm me and my friend james for this, sorry it took so long, it was difficult getting it off work. thanks so much for your patience

Also provided i pass my licence test on friday, i will have a car and be driving, if thats the case i can bring a cube/melee and a tv for you.

I will also be bringing my laptop and recording equipment.

I will record singles grand,losers,winners finals.

And doubles grand finals.

That is all. Due to a backup of tapes i have too look over.

If people want me to record and post a MM for them, i will have to charge, just because ive now spent like $400 to get amazing recording equipment...itll be reasonable though.... $1 per match....so if its 3 of 5 and someone gets 3-0ed it will only be $3.

Thanks.

P.S. All the tournament videos i will record for free for sure.

unityole

Smash Lord

edit: i have an important thing to attend to on this morning, could we please start the tournament around 1ish? if not then i will just join singles.
sorry cant really do that. we have **** load of ppl coming xD
and we prob only gonna have 3 setups for each game, its gonna take couple of hrs to get everyone finished, even thou its only best of 3 for singles, etc..

anyway singles should be around that time, or earlier, its fine if you're a lil late i guess people wouldn't mind that much. xD for melee singles would most likely start later due to the fact that there are plenty melee double teams.

You can finally confirm me and my friend james for this, sorry it took so long, it was difficult getting it off work. thanks so much for your patience
P.S. All the tournament videos i will record for free for sure.
:o thanks, and hope you pass your test xD
if we're lucky, we could have 4 setups for melee.. but room is really small, prob not possible xD

Agreed..
Well I guess I could go back and forth between ssbm and ssb64... right Jack?;)
xD excellent!

Rampage

vx
sorry cant really do that. we have **** load of ppl coming xD
and we prob only gonna have 3 setups for each game, its gonna take couple of hrs to get everyone finished, even thou its only best of 3 for singles, etc..

anyway singles should be around that time, or earlier, its fine if you're a lil late i guess people wouldn't mind that much. xD for melee singles would most likely start later due to the fact that there are plenty melee double teams.
Would it be too late for me to enter? Please sign me up for melee if there's enough room :3

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Only a week away, heres the info, similar post like this should also be under tournament listing, but its much harder to find

We want to expand our community and you can help us grow by just showing up and play ! This will be on the Feb 16th, yay another Saturday =O and once again it is on SFU campus, Engineering lounge.

As expected, there will be SSB64 and Melee. We will have people arrive at 10-11 am and start as soon as possible, 11 am / noon so hopefully we can end it early.

There seem to be just enough players, not too much and not too little.
So there should be a Melee double.
Engineering lounge? sounds good see you saturday.

Top Bottom