• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #33: Jigglypuff

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Idk, I can't see Jiggz being good at all. She has ZERO rep and no one has showed she can do anything...

She can't kill other than gimping bad recovery characters and she gets killed soooo early.

If she's forced to approach she doesn't have a whole lot of options. At least, Falcon uair > anything Jiggz has.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Link is too low anyways. Having incredible stuff like bombs and stuff. Also a nice zair and decent range, he is pretty slow thought.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Jiggs can travel under Smashville at least 3 times before getting short on jumps and pound's edgegrab "hitbox" is fukken huge. That's good scrooging potential.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jiggs has an amazing OOS game....... who ever says she doesn't is crazy. Jigg's jump opens up so many amazing options including rest dair bair and fair. her grab range is ridculous, but thats been mentioned.

nair->footstool setups are crazy

dair true combos into rest without the trip you can read/predict DI and still get off rests regardless of the trip and generally on reaction, it's just right place right time. Dair can also lead to grabs if people sheild, dash attack is fast enough to beat most options out of hit stun as is jab. and you can sheild yourself an bait attempted punishments. Dair even works well on sheilds. Dair on sheild to imediate rest is a halarious hard read that destroys a lot of people who just thought you spaced the dair poorly.

If you place pound well there is not punishment options. if you hit with the end of pound generally there is too much sheild stun to be punished. pound's long duration hit box is also really good at beats spots dodges and creating long windows to punish land lag even through air dodges and such.

there are neat true combos into rest from a lot of jigg's moves. sour fair will combo, weak bair, sour nair. you can bait air dodges with your juggling game into rests for garunteed really low percent kills. bait spot dodges with bait and punish with rest.

rollout is way way way too under rated. if people commit to things even small ones like rolls or spot dodges tilts. when ever you start rollout on some oue who doesn't tech a fall you get a FREE ROLLOUT from across the stage. rollout moves so fast you can punish most comitments, and hard too.

it buggs me that people sight jiggs range as a crippling issue, while still comparing jigg's to wario. Jigg's range at least aerially is way better than wario's. jiggs mobility and air speed help her temendously just like wario's helps him. diving in and out of people's range poking in with safe on wiff options and punishing bad comitments can net huge damage and even kill ops.

jiggly kill moves in order of knock back: fair, rest, rollout, utilt, usmash, fsmash, dsmash, dash attack, rest, ftilt.

sucks that rest is so weak in this game, sucks that dsmash has so little range but honestly there isn't huge amounts that I feel would have to be drastically changed for me to feel safer. I've beaten tons of notable players with my jiggs. And she is my self taught secondary. I know people can beast with her if they put more effort in than I have. At frist glance I brushed her off as a bad character with bad options all around, but she has a surprizingly powerful in most areas, but when you expect 0 anything greater is infititely better you know.

I invite people to truely look at jiggs moveset and actually factor in her air speed with it. she is a pretty quick character frame wise. espeacially concidering the damage her moves do. and how safe they can be.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have notice that OoS thing too. When I do well with Jigglypuff is exactly when I shield something. Her OoS games is really good.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Fair has more knockback then rest? And you listed it twice lol. IMO its: Rest, Rollout, fsmash, fair, utilt, usmash, dash attack, Bair, ftilt and I've never before killed with a dsmash. In terms of viability its probably: Fair, bair, DACUS usmash, Rest, Fsmash, Rollout, Dash Attack, utilt and ftilt

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've never gotten a usmash kill in my life... usmash is such a horrible move. I kill most frequently with fair (OOS, baited air dodges, just because), rest (baiting air dodges rolls and spot dodges, OOS, drillrest, drillerstOOS, punishing bad commitments), and roll out(punish some landings, baited grabs and spot dodges, sheild pokes, hard reads), dash attack (OOS, anti air, punish landiing) that order.

I've never looked into dacus OOS though..... maybe a strong punisher for some moves.

I spam bair dair jab and grabs to keep my fair and dash attack fresh.
Dair is prob jiggs best move IMO, really good damage, very very safe o nsheild. fast. auto cancels, tons of time to hit confirm. you can pick sides to avoid sheild grabs and some OOS options. characters like marth, DK, and bowser can 100% get out.
I'm also in love with Bair's relatively low cool down, since if people spot dodge it you can follow up with things because of you low fall speed. don't think any other character can really do that...

jig's jab and ftilt are some of her best ground options. start up isnt amazing, but relatively low cool down on both (jab beast spot dodges) you don't get punishes hard on sheild. jab can lead into neat grab or dair mix ups, ftilt has surprizing range and a good knock back tragectory.

dsmash is the best taunt in the game.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It's a shame Dsmash is not more 'usable', it'd make things a lot easier...

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
if your opponent likes to return to the stage by jumping you can down smash at the ledge and its an 0 death on a lot of characters

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dsmash is so good... if it some how connects. one of the best knock back trajectories in the game period.

T-block

B2B TST
I think I've literally only hit with d-smash once.

The hitbox is only out for one frame, and the range is abysmal, so it's not even reliable for reading air dodge landings. Catching someone with a d-smash at the ledge would be pretty slick though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The problem indeed is that it cannot be landed. And if you don't land it near the ledge, you will just slide a bit on the ground and that's it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's obvious that kirby's utilt is 324573x better. but that doesn't mean poof's isn't useful. you can land after a bair and utilt to beat out an attempted shield grab/spotdodge/etc.
it can also be used to punish airdodges, and it puts the opponent almost directly above you, which is always a great thing unless you're against meta knight.

Top Bottom