• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Peach Matchup Chart Panel

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Hey everyone, I’m Mikey Lenetia(duh) and will be leading your character’s panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3. The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project, can be found here.

The current panelists for this panel are:
Mikey Lenetia
Nicole
Illmatic
Silly Kyle

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me or Ish if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I should be the fifth panelist because I main Peach in Melee and am also actually a Pokémon. I regularly do things like pretend fthrow still kills and decay my fair to oblivion since bair is clearly the superior kill move. I only use Peach in matchups that aren't difficult and don't compete in tournaments. I also regularly forget this forum actually exists for months at a time.

In short, add me! =^_^=

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah dark peach should totally be our last person.

he reinvented peach's metagame. he calculated when wario dies to fair and not uses fair to get in anymore. this style is different. he knows the answer is in the frames. we not been using peach correctly. and she is easy to beat now because of it. good news for all of the playhers who play against her and think peach not so tough. he's been doing this for peach for 6 years at least and we just not been listening or working hard enough.

:yeahboi:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
On the topic of matchups though, where did Peach/Falco changing to -1 come from?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Don't know, I'll be advocating it as a -2 though.
I recommend Nordal, Dark Pch, or Slayerz.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

he reinvented peach's metagame. he calculated when wario dies to fair and not uses fair to get in anymore. this style is different. he knows the answer is in the frames. we not been using peach correctly. and she is easy to beat now because of it. good news for all of the playhers who play against her and think peach not so tough. he's been doing this for peach for 6 years at least and we just not been listening or working hard enough.

omfg

I vote Dark, if not me! :bee:

I put together and wrote a good portion of the Peach guide, have been playing competitively forever. Travel like, once a year...

Wrote this, wrote that, wrote that other thing AND invented the most widely used combo ever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I like to thank those that would want me on the list. I not think someone like me would be wanted for such a thing. But if my help can be of use to improve this characters metagame, then I'll give it a shot.

My interest in this position is to exploit what Peach's options are and how they can help with match ups around the board. This could make match ups she wins even better or harder match ups less of a struggle for better odds. I have always felt Peach could do many things that people have not been focusing on so much. A basic run down of what a Mean is things I have mention recently on my thoughts of observation/research and experience.

[COLLAPSE="My thoughts 1"]Of course solo Peach wont be winning anything big? Why?

- People don't know how to corner pressure well.
- When they have an chance to corner pressure they give the enemy too much space or run for a turnip.
- They are not equally skilled in general as top players
- They don't attention to the characters weakness and how what they are doing is exposing it.
- Some auto pilot alot and depend on luck hoping stuff will work and if they opponent has no clue how to deal with it.

Peach takes work and you can NOT be lazy. You simply can not.

This is what I seen, done my self and heard for years. So damm right she aint gonna be winning anything. But thats not a characters problem. Thats the problem of the player behind the character, Like meta knight has all these tools and is just insane. But people stop placing top 8. meats are getting bopped. Does that mean meta is not the best in the game? I bet you meta would not drop on the list if this was to start happening. Cause really, its the players fault for slacking with meta.

Think is alot of people always go by words on the street and with what they see instead of thinking for themselves. Going to do thier whole. 80+% of people who say she sucks don't even break her down and explain her good and bad traits. How she works and suppose to be played. Can't speak on something you don't know about. This happens with alot of characters when people open thier mouths. Thats no good.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="My thoughts 2"]Lets say the best peach in the world does not uses all of her tools or techs. This dude plays her lazy And always burning kill moves when he can save them. Would you not think he is limiting himself? Is he really abuse peach and all that she can do to a full extent? If he did all that he would have less problems in tournaments. Would he win a big one? I can't say. Cause there has never been a Peach that actually abused all she can do to the fulliest. The world has yet to see a Peach that has the mind of top players in the globe along with one that works his *** off abuseing all she can do.

This is why I don't solo go on results. Results just show me what people are doing with the character. It does not show me too much how good the character trully is[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="My thoughts 3"]Me knowing my character, I know Peach does not end lives early. Thats a flaw. So how can I deal with this. Well I know for a fact that Peach is hella good at racking up damage. And pressuring. So I am gonna use that to rack up damage to get the opponent at w/e % needed for me to land the finishing blow. Oh yes my friend. peach can indeed do that. Just cause peach PLAYERS choose not too and let you off easy cause of it does not mean its a character problem that you live for days when you really should not be. And to do all this, it takes patients. I can rack up damage and not stale my moves just fine. But people just don't wanna take there time. They wanna go in and just hit you already. Get the job done and move on. Thats being lazy. You have to work hard with peach, if you don't, thats your fault, not a character.

Chances are you and alot of people in the community have never fought a Peach that would:

- Limit the use of kill moves until its time
- Corner pressure you WELL forcing you to roll/side step and punish you for it with mix ups and frame traps
- Will play it safe and not rush to kill you no matter how long it takes to get you to your death %

Again, peach can do all this. You never played one that does so often and plans just how they would go on about it in said match ups. And for that people choose to play the character when really the player behind the controller is letting you off easy and being lazy. Just hope for **** to work so it can be over with. Stuff like this is what people fail to realize over and over again in the community. And wether you want to believe it or not, this affect results. Reason why I can't so solo on results to let me know just how good a character really is.

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="My thoughts 4"]Not true. peach does not have to limit her options at all to punish. Let me paint you a picture. When I pressure someone WELL on block I expect an evasion tactic. Wether rolling or side stepping. Now based on how I see they would try to evade I make educated guess of how to pressure, when to end my pressure strings and punish their evasions. Now if they are respecting me and I see them on block, I'll end pressure early and grab (all this falls in the line of adapting and being observant BTW)

Now going on about punishing and evasion tactic:

Rolling foward: chase roll and dash attack/shory hop dair/F-B ( I dont do this alot cause I can send enemy flying too fair and give up pressure that can lead to more damage before I send them flying) Ground fairs work as well if you are fast enough. Even if They Block or side step it, its a frame trap. You get free pressure from your jab follow up and go for a jab mixup.

Rolling back: Jump back to short hop dair. Float back to Bair, run behind and grab. Reversal F-B. Jump back to a Zdrop and follow up with a footstool dair combo. or turnip footstool lock from this.

Side step: Jab cancel to snipe out of it and go for jab mixup/pressure. Short hop dair in place. Ground float nair in place. (not one character in this game can air dodge or spot dodge Peach nair) if you react fast enough, grab. Zdrop and follow up from there.

Now look at all this. These are ways to get damage. And also best thing of all, I dont have to burn my kill options. I know when I do solid pressure, I am for a fact gonna force an evasion. Really when the shield gets small in fear of shield poking. I have control of the match right now. Now based of what I see, its up to me to make the best judgements and educated guesses to bait once of these three evasions and punish how I see fit. Then when the time comes, finish them off.

** -options to evade are limited when in a corner. Can't roll back.

One thing people also need to realize that stage position affects your deaths. If my opponent is suppose to die at 130 and I have a fresh fair and I hit him to the other side of the stage, chances are he is not gonna die. Since the closest death zone is behind me.
[/COLLAPSE]

I feel with all this applied her meta game can be improved. Match ups can be better, better results. And most important. A hella fun time using this character. This isn't just about me. This is about the community. People who would take interest in this character. Who wanna get better and use all possible ways to do so. I also wanna let people realize how much work it takes to do be on point with Peach. if one is not willing to work really hard, you will not get the results you are capable of getting. If you wanna win and don't wanna work as hard, then Peach is not the character for you.

I believe with what I know with the help of everyone else, More things will be exploited with Peach (depending how much work people are willing to put in as required) Her metagame can improve for a change, and for the better. While this is to make a match up chart as legit as possible, this can lead to realization of many things with this character. Which is a part of meta game improvement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's about it on my part. If I am accepted, then cool, I'll do my best while keeping it professional. if I am outclassed by someone else for w/e reason, then that's fine with me. That won't give me a reason to stop doing what I have been doing, correcting the wrong and improving the right. I'll still be debating and stating how I feel against other people, even Peach players if they don't agree with what I say or I don't agree with what they say. As a member of this community for 4 years, I feel I have to do my part to help change and realization for the better. Help improve things wether it makes me look bad or not.

One more thing, nicole. I am not sure if you were trying to be funny, friendly joke, showing off, w/e. So I am not gonna assume one of these options. I will say though if i say Peach players are limiting themselves or are not doing things correctly, I'm just as guilty. I never include myself out. I do play this character as well, and most of the stuff I have learned and realized with Peach is not only watching you guys fail, but me as well. I learn from you guys mistakes as well as mine. I'm not placing well in tournaments for a reason. Cause I am at fault of this kind of play. So I NEVER exclude myself in these types of talks. I just wanted to get that out there for you and everyone else to realize.

Nordal

Smash Lord

****ing Dead.

I'm not as active as I'd like (school got pretty real) but my peach still kicks *** so if you guys want me I'll join the cool kids.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Bit late but I'll put myself forward, although I'm not really that active these days and there's definitely people more qualified than myself (I know a couple of people I can think of who'd be good in the discussion group - although I could have sworn there were enough Peach's mains in the BBR to make up 5 for the list?)

Will the discussions for the last BBR MU chart for Peach be released? I know they released a couple for some characters but I'd be interested to see Peach's

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
We'll do our best to make Peach's available. I'm mainly asking because last year a sizable portion of the Peach panelists vanished for one reason or another in the middle of discussion, so it's good to see that there are some options on the table.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I heard some discussions were still underway and arguments from the Peach side are kinda weird. Diddy beats Peach +1 though.

Top Bottom