• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR MU Chart v3 Diddy Panel

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I’m Luigi player and will be leading your character’s panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3.

The current panelists for this panel are:
- Luigi player (leader)
- Player-1
- Zinoto
- GDX

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me or Ish if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yo

Pick me

Was on it last time, was quite active in it. Know a lot about the char and got tournament results and stuff

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
LP I should try to reach ADHD for this and other then that go with P-1,Zinoto and yourself. I would join if I was good enaugh for it though.

Luigi player

Smash Master
LP I should try to reach ADHD for this and other then that go with P-1,Zinoto and yourself. I would join if I was good enaugh for it though.
That is about what i had in mind too... But i pm'd adhd already and he didn't respond, so it's likely he won't participate.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Like I sed if you really can't find anyone then I'll be up for it but I am not the best choise so you could better try other options if aviable.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to participate in this project. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the match-ups and could help out.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I think ADHD has not checked smashboards in a long time. If you want to contact him, you should do it in allisbrawl. Anyways, I don't think he will do it, and, I'm not sure if he would be the best for doing what you want, becase even knowing he is probably the best Diddy in the world, he is not that good giving advises/dicussing things.

You should try Gnes, perhaps If you talk to him he could give it a try if it won't take so much of his time.

PD: I don't think there is too much to talk about, Wario, Snake and MK are -1. Only match-up that would change is Olimar, perhaps it's -1 too...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Are you sure you'd be able to debate nicely Jebus? :p
Tbh I am interested in your opinions, not sure how other people feel about it though.

Having 4 people in here might not be the best idea though, being 2-2 with a MU is really annoying.
Maybe there's someone else who's up for it...?

Or maybe having both P1 and Jebus there would just result in a flamewar... but if something like that happens you guys will just be ejected (which is really not something we should be striving for).

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
I could also contribute, If you like Lp. (You can be in different panelists, right? Since I'll probably be in the Pit one too..)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think GDX would be good too if he'd agree to being active in the discussion

don't want it just being me and LP this time

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I'd would do it and probably put something in. I do understand mu's to an decent level but deffenately not top level. Only 2 top players I have ever played off-line are Mr-R and Orion.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'll just post my opinions on diddy's match ups and you guys can decide whether to agree or disagree

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think GDX would be good too if he'd agree to being active in the discussion

don't want it just being me and LP this time
umm sure I can participate. Just let me know what you guys need and I'll try my best

Vega4

Smash Ace
Remember not sayin' again that Wario vs Diddy is 0, and can't understand why the last match up chart have that...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Don't worry guys ill be active since I have been requested to participate. That and I'm more cynical than other mains (living in Florida does that to you)

Luigi player

Smash Master
alright guys if you want you can already start talking about what MUs you'd want changed from the old MU chart.

(you don't have to if you want to wait till we're set up in the backroom)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd rather save all of my discussion for the MU chart, but here's my opinion on what it is

Current MUs:

:diddy:
-1: :metaknight: :snake:
0: :falco: :popo: :kirby2: :luigi2: :olimar: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario:
1: :fox: :ike: :lucario: :mario2: :marth: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
2: :bowser2: :dedede: :dk2: :falcon: :gw: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda:
3: :ganondorf: :samus2:

My List:
-1: :metaknight: :snake: :falco: :wario: (:olimar:) (:popo:)
0: :peach: :toonlink: :pit: :marth: (:sheik:) (:sheilda:) (:kirby:) (:olimar:) (:popo:)
1: :luigi2: :lucario: :mario2: :ness2: :ike: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: :sonic: :rob: :dedede: (:sheik:) (:sheilda:) (:kirby:) (:gw:)
2: :dk2: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda: :fox: :samus: (:gw:)
3: :ganondorf: :bowser2:

if they're in parentheses it means I'm undecided on it, I'll wait til I hear arguments here and the panel to make a stance. GaW is the only one that I think is +1 our favor for sure on anything other than japanese/sktar ruleset then I think it's +2.

there's some in there like Ike I wouldn't totally be against a +2, but I'd see it as +1 right now.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Here is what I think the list should resemble:

-1: :metaknight: :snake: :wario:
0: :falco: :popo: :olimar: :pit: :toonlink: :lucario: :marth: :peach:
1: :luigi2: :ike: :mario2: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus: :sheik: :sheilda: :dedede: :kirby2: :lucas:
2: :dk2: :falcon: :gw: :jigglypuff: :link2: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda: :samus2: :fox:

I'll save the lengthy discussion for the backroom, but the ones I am a little shaky on are:

:falco: - P1 has better experience in this MU than I do, but I feel the only stage :diddy: loses to him on his :fdb:
:peach: - I think we beat her, but I don't want to get into it with DP explaining the impracticalities of his thought process and there's no solid proof of this, so I'd be fine with even.
:kirby2: - Commonly thought to be even, but the last few examples of this MU (Me/Ally and Gnes/Falln) lead me to think we have a slight advantage.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Heres what I'm thinking

-2: :metaknight:
-1: :snake: :wario: :olimar:
0: :falco: :popo: :kirby2: :luigi2: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :marth:
1: :fox: :ike: :lucario: :mario2: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :peach: :dedede: :yoshi2:
2: :dk2: :falcon: :gw: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :zelda: :samus2:

I just want to note that some matchups in the same number are definitely more annoying than others. I also want to say I'm iffy on :ike: i think that matchup can be stage dependent and go from even to +2 depending on where you are. So i just put him +1 overall

Edit: Alright fine I'll add the original one too

Current MUs:

-1: :metaknight: :snake:
0: :falco: :popo: :kirby2: :luigi2: :olimar: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario:
1: :fox: :ike: :lucario: :mario2: :marth: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
2: :bowser2: :dedede: :dk2: :falcon: :gw: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda:
3: :ganondorf: :samus2:

C.J.

Smash Master
Yay, all the Diddy Kongs think Marth is even. I REALLY didn't want to have to argue that.

<3 you all!

Vega4

Smash Ace
I pretty much agree with Player-1 list, with Olimar and ICs as -1, but Falco is 0, and Kirby is 1, I give that to Zinoto.
About Peach, I'm not completely sure, I'd say that we can control her even with her floating game, but it's not easy so I'd say it's 0. (it could be 1 but I'm not sure)
Mr. game is 2, just like you all said.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yay, all the Diddy Kongs think Marth is even. I REALLY didn't want to have to argue that.

<3 you all!
I feel like :diddy: vs :marth: is quite possibly the most annoying even matchup for either character

Hrnut and DJ Jack play the :falco: correctly (they are different skill levels but still)

Luigi player

Smash Master
It would be easier if you'd just post what character you changed from what to what...

like for example:

:kirby: from 0 to +1

so we/I don't have to look through the whole chart for a few little changes ~_~

@Goofygv you can post your opinion if you want but it won't have much effect on the panel. Since that's why we choose the members in the first place...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I feel that Snake goes even with Diddy. If diddy doesn't approach, Snake has a hard time killing. Also, DEHF has gotten so much better at the match up

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
The prolem that Snake imo has is that when we got stage control he has nowhere to go. It's hard to get stage controle because it's snake obviously but once we have it. He can't go in the ir like most characters can.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It would be easier if you'd just post what character you changed from what to what...

like for example:

:kirby: from 0 to +1

so we/I don't have to look through the whole chart for a few little changes ~_~
Please?

I did it for P1s list but it was so much work to look for everything that it would be much better if everyone does it for themselves... >_____<"

Player-1:

Falco: from 0 to -1
Wario: from 0 to -1
Olimar: from 0 to -1 (not sure)
ICs: from 0 to -1 (not sure)

Marth: from +1 to 0
Sheik: from 0 to +1 (not sure)
Sheilda: from 0 to +1 (not sure)
Kirby: from 0 to +1 (not sure)
GaW: from +2 to +1 (not sure)

Luigi: from 0 to +1
Dedede from +2 to +1