• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR MU Chart V 3.0 Fox Panel

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey everyone, I'm Mav, and I will leading Fox's matchup panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3. The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project, can be found here.

The current panelists for this panel are:
-Mav
-NAKAT
-Zeton
-Trump

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me or Ishieymoro if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing offline experience is needed for this? If it isn't, I'd like to help out, for the sake of understanding some of Fox's MU myself as well as helping out with others I know. I'm aware though, that there are others more viable than I am.

Regardless, I hope for great things from the Fox panel~

Jet300

Smash Ace
I'll be glad to help, but I'll be very busy from school and home.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
Hi
I play Fox and am ranked in New England (http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=10907). What exactly do panelists do? Do they debate with other character panels, or just speak with the other members of their own panel?
Also I know I never ever post on this website, but I'd be willing to help out with some matchup discussion if you'll have me.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
In my IMO I believe its 50:50, but probably to others its 45:55 (or worse) in marth's favor.
- I'd say marth isn't hard, you just have punish him and have to be slightly aggresive
- both chars can make reads on each other
- both can combo and kill early
- fox can out camp marth, so we don't really have to approach
- marth can 0 to death CG us (if hes on his A game and doesn't mess it up)
- marth can space really well

and I can't think of any thing else at the moment, any other foxes wanna add to this ?

RPK

Smash Lord
I personally think that it's slightly in Marth's favor because
-He out ranges us with his sword forcing us to get in
-Has a 0-death and a 0-56% CG which then will force us into a position where can be edge guarded or juggled.
-He can edge guard us really well with the tools that he has available
-If he forces an Up+B he can easily gimp us at a low percent
-Dancing Blade has always been annoying to me
-He has a good run speed and can easily close if needed
-His Pivot Grab is also quite dangerous and is something to be respected when approaching Marth. Especially at 0% or when recovering

Though its only slightly because
-Edgeguarding him is much tougher for us, than it is for him but we can easily take advantage of his landing penalty lag.
-Marth from my experience is easily juggled so racking up damage from U-tilts, Uairs, and sometimes Fair is so nice.
-We can camp him with lasers for free damage
-Our SH Fair makes it a little dangerous for him to SH Fair or else he'll eat 23%
-He's also a tall target so landing a Sweet Spotted Auto Cancel'd Bair is really nice
-Landing an Up+Smash after a whiffed OoS Dolphin Slash is nice
-We can also punish him inbetween Fairs if he does a SH Double Fair
-Dash Attacking is amazing against him if you get it to hit as it allows us to get in rather quickly to help close the gap so there is much less sword between us and Marth. It also pops him slightly into the air forcing a limited amount of options onto Marth

Top Bottom