• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayo's 3rd jump

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
can anybody please explain to me what are the conditions required for bayonetta to get her 3rd jump?

something like doing the jump-second upb 1 frame after a move aye?

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I recently just learned this, so correct me if I'm wrong. But during Bayo's double jump, if you press up-b within 3 frames of the DJ, it activates Witch Twist and saves the DJ.

Very useful when implemented into recovery and combos. The timing is surprisingly easy to get too.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't remember the exact timing (I can test it in a bit), but yes, you need to input the Up+Special few frames after initiating your midair jump, and it gives you an additional midair jump.

You can do this up to two times in the air with a regular jump (Two Double Jump Cancelled Witch Twist and then a normal Double Jump), and another advantage is that if get hit while recovering, it refreshes your ability to use Special moves so you can keep doing it indefinitely as long as your regular Double Jump isn't spent.
:196:

Last edited:

Bayo13

Smash Rookie
I don't remember the exact timing (I can test it in a bit), but yes, you need to input the Up+Special few frames after initiating your midair jump, and it gives you an additional midair jump.

You can do this up to two times in the air with a regular jump (Two Double Jump Cancelled Witch Twist and then a normal Double Jump), and another advantage is that if get hit while recovering, it refreshes your ability to use Special moves so you can keep doing it indefinitely as long as your regular Double Jump isn't spent.
hey are you saying that you can (starting on ground)
WT > DJWT > DJWT> jump?
or just a single DJWT?
Also do you have any tips on how to consistently get it off? I'm having trouble with consistency. I tried binding the jump to my left shoulder button, still not able to perfect it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In Smash 4 the rule was "double jump isn't consumed if Witch Twist is used during the first 3 frames". Going by Call_Me_Red's reply it sounds like it's unchanged in this game.

hey are you saying that you can (starting on ground)
WT > DJWT > DJWT> jump?
or just a single DJWT?
You only get two uses of Witch Twist before touching the ground/getting hit. If you save your double jump with the cancel, you can DJ both of them and then jump after though (or continue saving your jump for recovery purposes to do it two more times if you get hit again).

Trying to cancel the first one probably isn't worth the risk if you aren't consistent at the inputs, but those extra frames of upward movement do extend her recovery a bit.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
got it! tyvm guys

I was getting confused cause i was using upb jump upb instantly as my only way to get the third jump

I was ignoring the face that i can do ABK or aerials after the first up B, and as long as i do the second jump upb within the first few frames i would get the third jump... after seeing the player "lima" do some crazy off stage mix ups where i thought he would be dead and he just comes back to the stage

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
Trying to get this but having a hard time, is the best way to basically hold up when going to jump then immediately sliding over and hitting b?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Trying to get this but having a hard time, is the best way to basically hold up when going to jump then immediately sliding over and hitting b?
It's all a matter of timing and there are different ways to get it, it all depends on what you feel more comfortable with.
-Roll your thumb from Y to B.
-Use your index finder for a jump and your thumb for Special.
-Map different buttons to Special (I have Y as Special, X for jump).
-Use Jump in a Shoulder button (L, R, Z, ZR, ZL).

Bayo13

Smash Rookie
So after a good while I was finally able to do this fairly consistently on empty hits (as I realized connected hits requires a whole other set of timing).

The trick for me personally was
1. Take off stick jump, so Up doesn't jump anymore.
2. Rebind left should/trigger to jump.
3. Get a rhythm with left index finger and right thumb.

The separation of the task onto 2 separate hands really made it a lot easier.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Top Bottom