• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta problem

Hyrule5Smash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5023-3166
  1. Hyrule5Smash
  2. :4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:
  3. HI I'm a smasher from Panama and I want to say something that "Something" is this.
    I love bayonetta as a character I love her games,Her personality,All about her,I love it.
    But in smash is a little different.
    I use her as a secondary. I know her moveset
    Neutral and combo game,Recovery options etc. But when I use her I feel different,I feel like a cheater because...She is just A discusting and amazing character at the same time.
    She is a super easy character to pickup and a very very easy character to master.she is a low risk/High reward character is super easy to use.She has easy combos and a very powerful combo options . She carries low/Mid level players.She is the completly oposite of Sheik
    But Sheik is a High Risk/MID or low reward
    I feel that Bayonetta is Op.Not than op but yeah she is broken she definitely needs a Better nerf because she has tools that no other character had the ability to do.she is Incredible,Amazing,Discusting...*The best character of super smash bros for wii u and 3ds is just that.She has up b kill confirm, Witch time,Amazing recovery,Heavy combo game and a incredible air game.
    SO THAT'S IT.
    I feel that Bayonettais super easy to use is super frustating to play againts her and super confortable to play as her.
    BYE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh-uh, sweetheart. The honor of being easy to learn goes to :4cloud:. Now, I use :4bayonetta2: as a secondary, too, but I shan't go so far as to call her overpowered and easy to learn. She may be top-tier, but she's far from unbeatable. Not to mention she requires a fair amount of skill to use right, the same as everyone else. Why are you so ashamed of using her anyway? You are allowed to play as dirty with Bayo as you want. After seeing what she's capable of, I aim to learn her and I'm glad to have her on as my secondary alongside :4lucina:.

If you feel so ashamed, drop her and pick someone else as a secondary.

Dralro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deadeye42
A Peach player and a Link player, might a Bowser join in? I think Bayonetta, just like any character, is difficult to master. Her more complex setups require immense skill to execute. But at the low level, I would say Bayonetta is a character who may not be easy, but where playing around her is significantly more difficult than learning to play as her. That's just what it is like in my experience.

Hyrule5Smash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5023-3166
I know that Bayonetta is really hard to máster like other character except for:4cloud2:.
But her combos doesn't need a lot of TechSkill and precision. That's false because I began to play her when she came out and a week later I was able to perform zero to deaths.then after the nerf I can say that the only thing that need TechSkill is react to your opponents DI and Sdi and the airdodges.recovery with bayo is easy,play in the neutral with bayo also is easy perform Dtilt>utilt>Utilt>>uair>upb>upb>sideb>sideb>uair.Also is easy

Last edited:

Spirit Toons

Banned via Warnings
The more I read this, the more I feel like Sakurai captured the character perfectly, seeing as people find her to be a “dirty” character.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
Overpowered sure. Easy to learn? Those days are long over. Her knockback has been specifically nerfed so you can no longer just spam the same combo. If the opponent knows which combo Bayonetta is going to use, it's going to be the most easily escapable combo out there. After the Smash 4 patches, Bayonetta players need to know and learn at what % which combos work on which characters (based on primarily air speed), and which DI option can be countered in what way. Otherwise she won't be functioning even in just the average level of casual play.

You can feel cheap about yourself for playing an overpowered character, but definitely not an easy character. Unless of course you are refering to her pre-patch days, where she was indeed purely braindead and easy to master.

Last edited:
Top Bottom