• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta patch 1.1.5

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Gah this thread has been pretty useless so far, the official Smashboards patch notes thread does not mention any of the placebos yall mentioned above.

From the 1.1.5 Patch Notes: (Edited 3/18/16)
  • Dair Duration: 42F -> 47F
  • Witch Twist (Ground)
    • First Hit Damage: 4/4/3/3 -> 3/3/2/2
    • Multihit (Hits 2-4) Damage: .3 -> .2
  • Witch Time:
    • Total Duration: 44 -> 49
    • Witch Time effects last shorter amount of time
    • Witch Time Duration penalty per use: 50F/50F -> 75F/50F (after 100 frames, it recovers 6 frames of length)
  • Heel Slide:
    • Startup: 2.1F -> 2.46F
    • Hit 2 Duration: 7F -> 8F
    • (Button Held) Total Duration: 72F -> 77F[*
  • Fsmash:
    • All Hits KBG: 105 -> 102
    • All Hits BKB: 25 -> 26
  • Usmash:
    • Early Hit KBG: 92 -> 90
    • Normal Hit KBG: 92 -> 90
    • Late Hit KBG: 92 -> 90

How do these effect us?
Dair spikes need to be more careful...k...
You can't be as spam happy with Witch Time... good, honestly...
Does the Heelslide change affect combos...?

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Does the Heelslide change affect combos...?
I played a couple matches with my coworker earlier today, and it didn't really change much. If the opponent DIs behind Bae, it's still hard to link hits, but as long as you pop them straight up, you can still follow with a Witch Twist or something else. It just requires a little more finesse now.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
So the up B nerfs reduced our damage output a tiny bit, (up b in general does 2% less damage every time, which means 4% less damage when doing her "Moon River" combo, or whatever it's called now). That being said, less damage means less knockback, just tested it, Bayo's big weakness, getting that kill when you get someone past 100%, may have been alleviated a bit. I can now consistently land side b after up B well into 120% (you just need to jump into side b). It's still a straight up nerf, don't get me wrong, it's potentially 16% less damage every match if you just land 8 up Bs, which isn't too unreasonable, but being able to kill at higher percents is a pretty big boon. I noticed the smash attack changes earlier yesterday but I wasn't entirely sure if it was a placebo or not, now that it's confirmed, it definitely a straight up nerf, but honestly, I'm fine with it. Witch time up smash killing people at 70% with rage was a bit silly, now it kills at 80% with rage, again, another straight up nerf, but given she may just be the best character in the game right now, and even after playing for 4 hours on the new patch and barely noticing the knockback difference, I think we're still good!

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
So the up B nerfs reduced our damage output a tiny bit, (up b in general does 2% less damage every time, which means 4% less damage when doing her "Moon River" combo, or whatever it's called now). That being said, less damage means less knockback, just tested it, Bayo's big weakness, getting that kill when you get someone past 100%, may have been alleviated a bit. I can now consistently land side b after up B well into 120% (you just need to jump into side b). It's still a straight up nerf, don't get me wrong, it's potentially 16% less damage every match if you just land 8 up Bs, which isn't too unreasonable, but being able to kill at higher percents is a pretty big boon. I noticed the smash attack changes earlier yesterday but I wasn't entirely sure if it was a placebo or not, now that it's confirmed, it definitely a straight up nerf, but honestly, I'm fine with it. Witch time up smash killing people at 70% with rage was a bit silly, now it kills at 80% with rage, again, another straight up nerf, but given she may just be the best character in the game right now, and even after playing for 4 hours on the new patch and barely noticing the knockback difference, I think we're still good!
are you sure about the upb damage reduction? I'm quite sure it was 7% without BA and it still is 7%

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
are you sure about the upb damage reduction? I'm quite sure it was 7% without BA and it still is 7%
It was confirmed in the patch notes just earlier! Up throw, up b. side B, Side B, up b, up air now does 37 rather than 41. It was talked about on the patch notes page and it took them like 9 or so hours to update the patch notes. The damage change is definitely there.

Ximlee

Smash Cadet
Just curious -- it seems like most Bayo mains her aren't too worried about her nerfs. I don't really play Bayo a lot (I just do her sick combos in training mode to relieve stress) but to me the Witch time nerf seems pretty significant. She had a lot of really disgusting options out of witch time before (at low %'s especially) and now it barely seems to last long enough to do anything except forward smash.

So why the calm? =p
I think the general consensus among us is that she's still an incredible character and witch time was a bit over the top to begin with. You just have to play a little smarter now is all

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I edited my patch changes post. Damage has been reduced...

Eww.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
It was confirmed in the patch notes just earlier! Up throw, up b. side B, Side B, up b, up air now does 37 rather than 41. It was talked about on the patch notes page and it took them like 9 or so hours to update the patch notes. The damage change is definitely there.
It could not have been confirmed because it is untrue. All my combos do the same amount of dmg as before, I have prepatch video evidence. "Confirmations" like this really annoy me. Only treat actual facts as facts, please. It is unbelievable you would post this without even going through move dmg in the training mode.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
"Confirmations" like this really annoy me. Only treat actual facts as facts, please. It is unbelievable you would post this without even going through move dmg in the training mode.
I did do my research, I did try it in training mode, and it was data mined and is now in the patch notes:
  • Witch Twist (Ground)
  • Witch Time:
    • Witch Time Effects: Lasts shorter amount of time
    • Witch Time Duration Penalty Per Use: 50F/50F -> 75F/50F (after 100 frames, it recovers 6 frames of length)
  • Heel Slide:
    • Button Held Total Duration: 72F -> 77F
  • Fsmash:
  • Usmash:
In the past bayo could not confirm up b into side b at 120% with the proper DI, now she can, definitely tested that and it is true. I didn't comment on anyone else claiming damage changes until it was confirmed, please do not accuse me of spreading mis-information.

Last edited:

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I did do my research, I did try it in training mode, and it was data mined and is now in the patch notes:
  • Witch Twist (Ground)
  • Witch Time:
    • Witch Time Effects: Lasts shorter amount of time
    • Witch Time Duration Penalty Per Use: 50F/50F -> 75F/50F (after 100 frames, it recovers 6 frames of length)
  • Heel Slide:
    • Button Held Total Duration: 72F -> 77F
  • Fsmash:
  • Usmash:
In the past bayo could not confirm up b into side b at 120% with the proper DI, now she can, definitely tested that and it is true. I didn't comment on anyone else claiming damage changes until it was confirmed, please do not accuse me of spreading mis-information.
Alright, my bad. In that case it was just presented poorly as the first hit generally does not land in combos like that, leading into a damage difference of less than 0.5, and less than 1.5 if the first hit actually lands.. It actually was noticeable in a few scenarios in which a combo dealt 40 damage in training mode(as it used to) but only caused 39 actual damage to the character. My tone certainly was not respectful enough and I do apologize, but exaggerating the magnitude of the change in that manner is still a valid criticism as even in the worst case scenario the damage reduction is still less than 2%.

Last edited:

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
In terms of seconds, how long does Witch Time take to recover to full length after 1 use? Also, could someone clarify what 75F/50F penalty is? Is that like a 1.5 second deduction each time?

Last edited:

KingCapital

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganIsTopTier
In terms of seconds, how long does Witch Time take to recover to full length after 1 use? Also, could someone clarify what 75F/50F penalty is? Is that like a 1.5 second deduction each time?
Basically it means you are punished more for missing if I understand correctly. Not sure exact time on the deduction but I know that WTime restores 6 frames(one second is 60 frames in sm4sh) every 100 frames now(not sure exact time it was last patch but I'm assuming it was much faster at recovering). So basically every 1.6 seconds you get .1 seconds of WTime back.

Last edited:

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Basically it means you are punished more for missing if I understand correctly. Not sure exact time on the deduction but I know that WTime restores 6 frames(one second is 60 frames in sm4sh) every 100 frames now(not sure exact time it was last patch but I'm assuming it was much faster at recovering). So basically every 1.6 seconds you get .1 seconds of WTime back.
I knew this much but I wanted to know the exact time deduction in seconds.

Top Bottom