• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bayonetta Match-Up Thread!

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
Not the bullets themselves, the extended hitbox of the kicks. Uair in particular brutalises Focus as a landing option if it makes contact.

And like Flamegeyser said, Bullet Climax is incredibly unkind to him.
Is Heel Slide safe on focus? I feel that spaced well it could also be a good to punish his landings.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
wait BA beats focus? but they dont do any hitstun. i always assumed nothing would happen.
BA doesn't beat focus but it does cancel the one hit super armor. It could be a saving grace to hit him with the explosions hitboxes if he focused a FSmash.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So in essence, it does beat it.
More or less :upsidedown:
I was thinking BA cancel the armor but you aren't likely to be able to follow up in most cases. And in case that you can, it is not really BA dependant.
Jab 1 BA then Jab 2 is useful technically but Jab 1 then Jab 2 is almost the exactly same. :upsidedown:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Guys, I need help with Donkey Kong.

Getting damage on him isn't a problem, but when it comes to killing him, even gimping him is a struggle for me because I get caught in the massive hitbox of his dumb Up B recovery. And with him having more mobility than most heavies + he outranges Bayo, I find myself having a lot of trouble wit him.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman

Getting damage on him isn't a problem, but when it comes to killing him, even gimping him is a struggle for me because I get caught in the massive hitbox of his dumb Up B recovery. And with him having more mobility than most heavies + he outranges Bayo, I find myself having a lot of trouble wit him.
He's only really threatening with his grab, and thanks to be pretty laggy I go for a bair punish for most kills, since like you said damage on him is almost as easy as Ike.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice

Killing DK on-stage is usually difficult, so I usually try to gimp him off-stage. In order to avoid the (very annoying) Up B, I try to get him down low, and stay above him. If you hit him from above with Nair, it will most likely clash with his Up B, if he tries to use it. You can then go back on-stage and repeat. If you're good at predicting the trajectory and speed of his Up B, you could also go for a Dair spike, as long as you start the Dair above the stage.

If you do want to kill him on-stage, I find kill confirms such as DTilt > Uair to be the most useful. Unfortunately, he does need to be at a very high percent for it to kill. Look for opportunities to use WTime, as that will take a stock much earlier on-stage.

Hope this helped!

Fenny

Smash Ace
Any tips for Ness on FD? I find a good Ness stupidly hard for some reason.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for Ness on FD? I find a good Ness stupidly hard for some reason.
I'm a bit iffy on it too. Still, try your hardest to play the "don't get grabbed" game (AKA space a lot and stick to the air, even if that seems like a terrible idea vs. Ness). Demolish him offstage, and try to stuff panic nairs with WTi. That's all I got. Lucas is worse IMO.

Top Bottom