• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bayonetta Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

Her textures are a bit buggy, but whatever.
Wicked Weaves attacks are not avaiable yet, and it's not because they are projectiles; the hitboxes make no sense being attached to any of the models bones. I'll need to play around with it to see what's going on.

Air and grounded Witch Twist are more or less the same.

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I'm sure these are wrong.
Every hitbox is supposed to cover the entire screen.
(also lol Uair hold animation)

FightingPolygon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MasterGames1975
3DS FC
1246-8764-0707
That doesn't look too bad.

Ftilt 1 and Ftilt 2 are swapped though. You should fix that.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
since there's now a million redditors looking on in horror, should keep in mind that these don't show all the visual flair that come with a good chunk of the moves; it may look like there's just a bunch of hitboxes where there shouldn't be, but the game does kinda take into account the disjoint on the visual end

they're still pretty massive with that in mind, yeah, but it's not like 64 kirby levels of hitboxes where there shouldn't be hitboxes

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
My goodness, 3+ complete character hitbox visualizations in just over a month? You are really good at this. Also, those massive disjoints though (says the Sheik main, but still).

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah the hitboxes fits with her graphical animations but then again, not all of them do as some hitboxes are smaller than the effects so that still exaggerates the feeling of her hitboxes.

They're not as bad as I thought but without the gfx effects, people wont realize this.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lmao 177 guests in thread.

Tbh I'm not surprised the hitboxes are big, everyone expected that. I think I'm more intrigued by how some of them LOOK. Like, that's how the move does that...

The true gem is held UAir.

blackghost

Smash Champion
suddenly all the clanks and trades make a lot of sense.
also people need to see grounded heel slide there is no hitbox on her second leg. meanig you have even more time to punish

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
So I added rapid jab and grabs, but I'm less sure on their accuracy compared to the others. Dash and standing grab should be more or less fine, but pivot grab is iffy.

Edit:
And heads up, most of her normals here have the hitbox popping out a frame early for some reason. It's a bug with my renderer x_x
I'll fix them up as soon I get it figured out, but it doesn't really effect most attacks.

Last edited:

Scrubtorights

Smash Cadet
So the fastest spotdodge is intangible for 2-16 with FAF of 25. Abk landing is frame 1 however. Looking at the landing hitbox it seems like wishful thinking for me to think that buffer spot dodge will leave you for an ok punish. Spot dodge will never work against heel slide that's for sure....

Top Bottom