• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta has infinite wall climb?

DigiboyGaming

Smash Cadet
I've faced Bayonetta on a lot of final destination maps with walls that extend all the way to the bottom of the stage. I play characters who don't have all that good of ledge-guarding game (Especially compared to Bayo's completely instant start up aerials), so unless I have her clear the side KO-Box, she would wall climb all the way back up the wall from the off of the screen. Considering how amazing her recovery is, does she really need infinite wall jumps?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
She can still cling to the wall after a wall jump, but cant wall jump afterwards. Your opponent most likely saved a double jump and used it after the second wall cling.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Ok 2 things, First of which, her aerials are pretty average on startup. Secondly, every character that can wall jump/cling has infinite wall jumps. It isn't broken or even necessarily amazing =P almost half the cast can wall jump

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
She can still cling to the wall after a wall jump, but cant wall jump afterwards. Your opponent most likely saved a double jump and used it after the second wall cling.
Sorry to double post, but yes she can wall jump again. Usually not seen very often due to wall jumps taking you AWAY from the wall, but you can wall jump again after the cling, same as every wall jump. It's just that the time you can cling for is less and you dont jump as high with every subsequent jump

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Please use the "edit" button instead of Double Posting.

But no walljump is really infinite, each succession jumps lower than the last one, eventually falling down.
Bayonetta happens to be floaty so she is able to jump for a LONG while, but is not truly infinite.
:196:

DigiboyGaming

Smash Cadet
It's still completely ridiculous that she can recovery from off the bottom of the screen. And no, it wasn't her second jump. I've seen this happen after she used both jumps, I knock her away from the ledge, and she basically walks back up the side of the stage from off screen.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
She had to have used a second Witch Twist, Afterburner Kick or something. With the game mechanics it is literally impossible for Bayonetta or anyone with a wall cling to gain any height by using a second wall cling. Whatever you think you saw is an illusion.

DrShankums

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if I'm just not understanding you guys correctly, but Bayonetta (and any other wall cling) most certainly has the ability to climb back up the wall without any jumps or up b. It's vital that those of you who don't know learn about it, it saves my ass on a regular basis. The "infinite" wall jump gets shorter and shorter with each jump and if you do it too long you'll just fall.

Hold towards the stage to cling to the wall

Jump while holding towards the stage

When you make contact with the wall, immediately push the stick towards the opposite direction

Drifting towards the stage will let you cling again.

Rinse and repeat

https://youtu.be/X0xDzAD4Fgg

Last edited:

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Bayonetta can scale the highest wall possible in the stage creator if you have ONE jump left.
Wall cling + up basically gives a jump (like everywall clinger) but Bayonetta's is basically a double jump. Since wall clings are different from Wall jumps, you can then wall jump into a Wall cling and jump again. Twice is the realistic limit since wall jumps need a certain amount of seconds before you can do it again. Twice however is all that is needed.

Wall cling jumps = slightly less than bayonettas two jumps in terms of height

Last edited:

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
well bayo got nerfed anyways

Last edited:

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Lucario can recover using just wall clings, I have done it several times before (without that extended wall jump tech.) You just wall cling, jump and hold towards the stage, wall cling , and then repeat. The faster you jump after each cling, the longer you can do it, because you can only wall cling for a set amount of time (common knowledge). He gains height by doing this. I don't know if Bayo can do the same thing, but Lucario can easily do it.

With the game mechanics it is literally impossible for Bayonetta or anyone with a wall cling to gain any height by using a second wall cling. Whatever you think you saw is an illusion.

Last edited:

MegaFatcat100

Smash Cadet
Lucario can recover using just wall clings, I have done it several times before (without that extended wall jump tech.) You just wall cling, jump and hold towards the stage, wall cling , and then repeat. The faster you jump after each cling, the longer you can do it, because you can only wall cling for a set amount of time (common knowledge). He gains height by doing this. I don't know if Bayo can do the same thing, but Lucario can easily do it.
you seem to be a bit late

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
you seem to be a bit late
I was saying WITHOUT the extended wall cling technique showed in the video. I'll try to explain it better.

What I was saying: Wall Cling -->Jump off wall --> Draft back to wall --> Wall Cling --> Repeat

What the video was saying (Extended Wall Cling): Wall Cling --> Jump off wall --> Drift back to wall --> When you contact wall, immediately push the stick in the opposite direction --> Drift back to wall --> Wall Cling --> Repeat

I should've compared them side-by-side in the first place because they sound virtually similar.

Top Bottom