• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Combo & Followup Thread! [WIP]

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
bayo can kill horizontaly, basically:

Early like 0-60%:
SH Fair1 -> wait -> Fair1 -> sideB -> Fair1 -> Fair2 -> Fair3
No true combo version: SH Fair1 -> wait -> Fair1 -> wait -> repeat...

late like 70-100%
SH Fair 1 -> wait -> Fair1 -> Side B -> sideB -> Bair

You had to have good timing and spacing to do this combos, also depending on the % and character you had to tweak the combo.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Here's everything I've found so far:

Training mode, so DI makes some of these situational at best.

Last edited:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Nice, really like the use of offstage spikes, hope its viable with di also
Thanks! Divekick to dair is kinda situational and character specific, I imagine most characters can get out of it by DI-ing up or away during the combo. You can use your double jump to reposition yourself, but then you have to land the footstool or you're boned (And you probably won't, because you're both falling at the same speed).

Last edited:

Snasen

Smash Cadet
Divekick to dair is kinda situational and character specific, I imagine most characters can get out of it by DI-ing up or away during the combo. You can use your double jump to reposition yourself, but then you have to land the footstool or you're boned.
Yeah, thats true. Anyways really creative and cool :)!

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't be surprised if someone had already discovered this, but sHop fair can be followed up by a footstool for a jab lock scenario. Not sure how viable it is and have only tested it on Mario. It worked most of the time although you do have to be close to them and act quick before they get knocked back too far. Should work better on heavier characters but I am yet to have tested

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Any word yet on which death combos can be escaped by specific DI? Dtilt/landing Uair open opportunities for a lot of them so would be nice to see if there are DI mixups you can do to throw off your opponent and have them DI incorrectly

LieSander

Smash Rookie
Aside from d throw jab, are there any other grab combos? I find that if they DI away almost nothing is guaranteed out of any throw. Up throw up air is something I've been fiddling with but I feel that it takes too long to combo even if you do reverse your up air (hitting with the earlier part) because you have to dash, pivot, and then jump. Any finds? It would be cool to know

Last edited:

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
Is that running Uthrow to up B I did in my vid DI-able?
I just tested with a friend. UpThrow Witch Twist is guaranteed on Kamui DI away until ~40 regardless of DI. Apparently it doesnt show up on the combo counter because theyre out of hitstun but not long enough for an invincible option to come out. Seems like a viable throw follow up. Gonna try to do some more testing tomorrow. Great video btw. My success rate on Witch Twist > DJ Witch Twist is about 6/10 right now. Any tips on landing that more consistently?

Last edited:

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Holding Nair/UAir after an UpThrow could catch airdodges.

Otherwise I think our throws will just be used to gain stage positioning.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I just tested with a friend. UpThrow Witch Twist is guaranteed on Kamui DI away until ~40 regardless of DI. Apparently it doesnt show up on the combo counter because theyre out of hitstun but not long enough for an invincible option to come out. Seems like a viable throw follow up. Gonna try to do some more testing tomorrow. Great video btw. My success rate on Witch Twist > DJ Witch Twist is about 6/10 right now. Any tips on landing that more consistently?
Thanks! Well, the lower the opponent's percentage, the easier it is. Just make sure you know exactly when you can press jump to do it as soon as possible. Also, make sure you're jumping in the directiong you're facing, they will fly off in that direction. It's hard to provide tips beyond that, since I'm already above the camera when I do it. I just do it on gut feeling. You can do it as fast as possible, but you might have to delay it slightly to get the kill.

Last edited:

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
I really wish i had someone to test the DI with and see just how much it affects her combos. Although I feel like her combo game is WAY to vast and a majority of the community is labbing her, so i don't think it will matter too much. I think its DI on the combo starters that will matter more.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Aside from d throw jab, are there any other grab combos? I find that if they DI away almost nothing is guaranteed out of any throw. Up throw up air is something I've been fiddling with but I feel that it takes too long to combo even if you do reverse your up air (hitting with the earlier part) because you have to dash, pivot, and then jump. Any finds? It would be cool to know
I just saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUUkeaqPuvs

Haven't tested it though myself yet, dunno how DI affects it.

andrebound

Smash Cadet
I found a true combo into down smash spike. Landing up air (preferably rar up air) into dsmash (turnaround) at 70%~ near ledge.
Works on Rob from 65%-77%.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
With Up B -> up b as well as fair -> AB kick I always try to take advantage of Smash 4's buffer as both are pretty tight links. Try inputting DJ up b a little before the first Up B ends. My success rate is like 9/10 doing this, helps me a lot

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if you want to true combo Witch Twist into JC Witch Twist, you should know this:

Holding B during Witch Twist will activate her Bullet Art, dealing more damage but her IASA will be longer so you cant true combo Witch Twist into JC Witcj Twist.

instead, just Tab B during the first Witch Twist and you will be able to cancle it faster!

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
I tested (Falling) Uair -> Bair -> Uair (Land->Jump) -> Bair -> uABK -> WTwist -> uABK -> WTwist -> Uair on other characters, and the ones I tried that worked were:
Easy::4myfriends::4rob:
Hard (Falling Uair is difficult to land on Wario): :4wario:

I also found that at around 47%, you can do (Falling) Uair -> Bair -> uABK -> WTwist -> uABK -> WTwist -> Uair instead, and it works on the aforementioned characters as well as :4samus: (Who the first combo would've worked on if she weren't floaty, causing me to have to cut out the first two hits for her)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I wonder if this works with DI away, I imagine you might be able to get a rar upair since they're going further but you're starting the upair closer to them.

Upthrow isn't super DIable like dthrow. :D

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I wonder if this works with DI away, I imagine you might be able to get a rar upair since they're going further but you're starting the upair closer to them.

Upthrow isn't super DIable like dthrow. :D
How big is the window for this? Is it near frame perfect or rather loose?

Steveice

Smash Rookie
NNID
dav.aro
3DS FC
4914-3714-5073
Got a kill set up if your opponent has 110-130% jump-sideB(down)-sideB-Uair. It's a true combo too

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
I know there are some followups if you land with fair1, but I'm having trouble landing with. Any advice?

Also, dtilt is insane. It combos into so many things at a ton of different percents.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I have some friends over right now and we've been playing for like 6 hours now.
Many combos aren't true, anything with fAir 1 2 basically isn't, stuff like uSpecial > afterburner > afterburner is easily DI'd as well.
What hit though even with DI is uSpecial > afterburner > uSpecial > afterburner > uAir, even though the timing of the first afterburner is DI dependant.
Also true is 236afterburner > 236afterburner > uSpecial/fAir 123 at low percent and 236afterburner > afterburner > bAir after around 80.

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
Found a 0 to death combo myself. :)

Not as great as the one posted above, but:

Jump, dABK, dABK, F-air (first hit only), Up-Special, Jump forward immediately with another F-air (first hit only), and Up-Special again.

Edit: Note that the first dABK should be hitting pretty low on the character... at least when it comes to Sonic, whom I've tested it on.

Last edited:

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
if you want to true combo Witch Twist into JC Witch Twist, you should know this:

Holding B during Witch Twist will activate her Bullet Art, dealing more damage but her IASA will be longer so you cant true combo Witch Twist into JC Witcj Twist.

instead, just Tab B during the first Witch Twist and you will be able to cancle it faster!
Thank you so ****ing much for this. 10 stars.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I know there are some followups if you land with fair1, but I'm having trouble landing with. Any advice?

Also, dtilt is insane. It combos into so many things at a ton of different percents.
Fair 1 can be DI'ed away, but it loks like Fair 2 can't. Fair 2-WT combos, thus, it is probably the better alternative.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

...Would've been nice to know this before I spent waaaayyy too much time trying to figure out some type of audio cue to get the cancel more consistently. And I played the games...I really should know better, damn it. :facepalm:

Oh well, here's a potential witch time punish.

Last edited:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
...Would've been nice to know this before I spent waaaayyy too much time trying to figure out some type of audio cue to get the cancel more consistently. And I played the games...I really should know better, damn it. :facepalm:

Oh well, here's a potential witch time punish.

So i took your idea and kind of modified it. I wanted it to be a true combo (at least in training) and I got THIS:

Its not exactly the strangest idea ive had, but hey it worked.

Remedy

Waifu Wars
NNID
MildRemedy
Is there any true combos that kill with usmash or uair?

Andres_Master

Smash Rookie
  • [Kill Combo, 38%] Dtilt -> Fair1 -> WTwist -> Jump -> dABK -> dABK -> WTwist
    • The jump -> dABK needs to be a very quick transition
    • Video Demonstration (by 'Carl Boy')
    • Works at 0%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI80w3DoMgQ
Tested this setup with CPU DI (if any), managed to pull it off. Concerning :4jigglypuff:, it is situational due to its weight and it's like 50/50 situation. Oddly enough works on :4kirby:.

Setup for :4jigglypuff::
  • Dtilt -> Fair1 -> WTwist -> Jump -> dABK -> WTwist -> dABK
    • If Jiggs doesn't get killed after the second dABK add a full Fair
That setup is also kinda situational as the dABK might miss at the end, to pull it off you must be as close to Jiggs as you can when you perform the first dABK. Also, you must be as close as you can on the combo starters (Dtilt and Fair1).

Sorry if the video was long, set it up at 2 stocks so I won't mess up.

First post so... nice to meet y'all.

EDIT: Will try to test it with other characters and/or human players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom