• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayo horrible experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
I have never played super smash 4 and realize she was op and that is healthy for the Meta to change. But I have loved the idea of bayonetta on ultimate. I play her more than any other character, but the further I play her the more I realize she is a trap. I think you guys know the story. She can’t kill, her hot boxes are infuriating, but even worse is her tech. I have spent hours practicing her tech, it take split second timing. Which is great if the game ran continuously but it doesn’t. With three ppl one interaction will cause brief amounts of lag that will mess up timing, much less trying to play online. Next is that there are a number of maps that make it impossible for bayo to approach. Because of this bayonetta can only truly shine on a 1v1 local setting on competitive maps. And even then, a player like Lima who I truly think is better than Mkleo can only go so far. I really and truly believe she is the worst character in the game, and worse than that, is a trap. She appears to have options and that with time she can be mastered. But take her online all that effort falls apart when you realize your combos timing will be off due to server lag and you still can’t kill. I find myself getting my opponent to 150% and I know I’m a ***** for doing this, but I just give up.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Sorry but on that note. Like in what world should I feel such despair when I get an opponent to 150 percent. suddenly I cannot combo them, because of this I my damage drops dramatically and if I take one hit I’m dead. Like what is the ****ing point! Every combo digs my own grave

D

Deleted member

"player like Lima who I truly think is better than Mkleo can only go so far."
Truly a gigantic brain take.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Thanks man! I like to think I’m pretty smart. Did you have anything relevant to bayo ya wanted to say? Cause I would love it if more ppl got behind the idea of making bayo a more competitive/intuitive character because I really think she fulfill a really neat role and gives the game more diversity. I could be wrong though. My brain really is only so big.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Play lame, I guess. Bayo kills easily with bair and with careful edge guarding, but if you can't seem to get either of those by being aggressive, just play the long game. If you have a percent lead, bait your opponent into coming to you instead. Bayo can punish bad approaches pretty easily and it's not too hard to bait someone into a Witch Time.

EDIT: If you're specifically having trouble playing Bayo online, though, I don't know what to tell you, especially if you're playing with more than one person. It's going to be laggy.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Yes I know you can win against players who are worse than you as bayo. But bayo has worst most risky kill confirms in game. If you are not having trouble killing with bayo you are better than every pro player who ever tried her. And I will believe you if you show me proof of you climbing the ladder soloing bayo online.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Hell if you could make a YouTube right now of you doing just that you would be famous in smash communities

Othello-SSBU

Smash Rookie
Yes I know you can win against players who are worse than you as bayo. But bayo has worst most risky kill confirms in game. If you are not having trouble killing with bayo you are better than every pro player who ever tried her. And I will believe you if you show me proof of you climbing the ladder soloing bayo online.
Yeah, we get it bayo isn't the best
Thanks man! I like to think I’m pretty smart. Did you have anything relevant to bayo ya wanted to say? Cause I would love it if more ppl got behind the idea of making bayo a more competitive/intuitive character because I really think she fulfill a really neat role and gives the game more diversity. I could be wrong though. My brain really is only so big.
Every player in a given game has the same access to the same tools. The trade-off of playing a low-mid tier that you find fun is that you will struggle more in certain situations (punishes, finding kills etc.) The only "trap" you have fallen into is blaming the tools that you picked instead of A) refining your use with said tools or B) Selecting a different set. ******** about your main on smashboards won't do ****, if you like the character then you should play them despite their flaws. What Bayo specific tech were you referring to? I've been thinking of picking up the character.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Same tools... The only non character dependent tool is perfect shield. Everything else is subject to change based on character. From landing time, to jump distance to weight. Yea I’m realizing that everyone on smash boards just want to sound important but know nothing about what they are talking about. Othello: the reason you don’t want to main bayo online can be realized in one simple combo. If your opponent is between 0 to max 35% for heavy characters you can double up witch twist (not side). There is no tutorial I have found that explains this, I have only seen Rage or Lima. The reason this is important is that if you can do it, it’s true perfect timing. I’m not just talking about jump cancelation, but a jump witch twist cancellation at the last 3 frames of the first witch twist. It is this timing you will need to complete the signature four twists into forward air combo from 45% to approximately 85%. Without that perfect timing at those percent your opponent can escape. For briefly from 85% to 110% you can get away with not perfect timing and you will know this because the combo will require you to change direction half way through.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
You can even practice the air forward twist, air back twist, scoop up twist, 2nd up twist, forward air, 2nd jump and forward air at 0%. In theory it’s cool but it is hard enough to do this without delay, much less online.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
The last 2nd jump forward air isn’t actually a combo, but pretty easy to hit. And like I said, once you get your opponent gets to 130% prepare to get ****ed until you can get him to 220% so u can finish with forward throw, only other option that does not put you at insane risk of losing stock is back air at approx 170% center course. I have played every smash game extensively besides 4 and I have never been this frustrated with a character.

2fantastic

Smash Rookie
Anyway I’m pretty done with this. I really don’t understand a person who tries to stop another’s attempt at trying to get others behind the idea of making a sport more fair and diverse. “ just because I can beat my region with bayo doesn’t mean she’s good and I know that now for sure. I’m not giving up on peach even if it takes me another year to master her I want to play on an even playing field again with everyone else for once” Lima

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from the egregious cases of double posting, we don't allow threads that are dedicated solely to rants. If you need advice for how to improve as Bayonetta, we have a Bayonetta subforum where you can ask for help in the social thread or check out other topics that people have made on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom