• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for the United Kingdom of Ganada! A Vote-based Tournament

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Welcome to the Battle for the United Kingdom of Ganada! What is this, you ask? It's a small "for fun" idea that I came up with. It's a tournament featuring Ganondorf players from the Ganondorf Smashboards forums and the Ganondorf Discord. There's one little novel feature to this particular tournament though; who wins is not decided by winners of matches, but rather by voters. That's right, whichever player ends up with the majority of the votes is the one that will end up on top.

Now, on to specifics. First, I apologize to anyone I've missed that feels they deserve to be in this tournament. Unfortunately, I can't remember everyone and I did exclude people that I had thought to be inactive. In terms of how the voting will take place, below is a Google Form in which there are responses to be filled out. The bracket will progress once every five days. Specifically, voting will be open for three days. I will then compile the results two days after, and progress the bracket, upon which this post will be amended with the next form being added, and so on and so forth.

The bracket itself is seeded, with A2ZOMG's Ganondorf Community Tier List being my main source for determining player skill. Players that were unranked on the tier list, but were active members on Discord were seeded based on my personal perception of their skill. The actual score of the games (0-2, 1-2) is determined by the percentage difference between the two players. For example, if player A had 66% of the votes and player B had 33%, the score would be 2-1 in player A's favour.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to make a post to ask me. If you are in this tournament and you would like to be removed for any reason, let me know and I'll see to it. Similarly, if you have any objections to this, also feel free to let me know. Without all that being said, let the voting begin!

(Also, Vermanubis, if this happens to go against any forum rules I apologize, not that it does as far as I'm aware.)

::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf:::::::4ganondorf::::::
Bracket Link (Challonge)
Take a look at the seeding here.

Pools, Winners R1 (CLOSED)
Pools, Winners R2 (CLOSED)
Pools, Losers R1 (OPEN)
Pools, Losers R2
Pools, Winners Finals & Losers Finals

Final Bracket, Winners R1
Final Bracket, Winners R2
Final Bracket, Losers R1
Final Bracket, Losers R2
Final Bracket, Winners R3 & Losers R3
Final Bracket, Winners R4 & Losers R4
Final Bracket, Winners Finals & Losers R5
Final Bracket, Losers Finals
Final Bracket, Grand Finals

Last edited:

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
At the request of several Smashboards and Discord members, after this week's voting period is over, the next one will last only 3 days as opposed to the current 5 days. In other words, the next voting session will be open from February 13 to 15.

Top Bottom