• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
There was a problem fetching the tweet

****. Yeah. That’s all I can say.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm definitely hyped for this. Battle for Bikini Bottom was the first console game I ever owned, receiving it alongside a PS2* after my younger brother and I did house work during summer vacation. I think it brought the world of Spongebob Seasons 1-3 to life

I just hope they mostly focus on fixing glitches and updating the graphics, scenery, and color scheme. The screenshots look promising, but I'll need to them in motion before making any final judgement.

*Actually wanted/asked for a GC with a Nintendo game, but my Dad messed up. lol

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I've never played the original, but I have played Spongebob Squarepants The Movie Game. I'm probably going to get this, especially since it has added-in cut content, online multiplayer functions, and is coming out on PC as well.

Hopefully this sells really well so they can remake the movie game eventually.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Reposting since this is pretty true.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice to see it coming together, considering this is at least 5 months away at the earliest (2020 release). One of the biggest issues with the original was how the color was kind of muted.

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Incredibly excited for this! If you've played the original, you're already in for a treat, as they've confirmed that they're reimplementing cut and unused ideas from the original, such as:
  • A fully playable Patrick's Dream (the original desert-themed one rather than the funny but minimal blank room)
  • Robo-Squidward boss fight!
  • Freakin' GLOVE WORLD.
From the gameplay footage we've seen it's certainly got promise. The environments look super lush and colorful. Some of the animations could use some work but I'm very pleased with the game's pre-alpha state. I do hope that they bother redubbing Mr. Krabs, as Clancy Brown didn't voice him in the original. The game will be released on all modern console + PC (Steam) and will run at 60FPS. I think I might just buy it twice.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I grew up with this show when I was younger, and is one of my favorite series to this day. I’m interested in seeing how they make this Rehydrated game and how it will compare to the original one.

Top Bottom