• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Field Discussion

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield

Pros: Falco can use phantasm across the bottom platforms.
(Combos and mind games^)

Falco plays well when people are above him on platforms.

Falco can easily take stage control, over most characters.

Falco can kill with up smash easily. (Low ceiling)

Cons: Not a decent stage for camping with lasers, because the stage is so small.

Platforms make the chain grab avoidable.

Falco's phantasm glitch can kill him. (Ledge just like wolfs)

Large ceiling under the stage so characters can meteor cancel easier.
^ Means Falco has to go lower to dair, poor vertical recovery.

My perspective for this stage is, over all this is a great stage for Falco.

Most of the cons can be avoided. ( Now you guys can put your input)

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Generally, this is where most Falcos will go if they win on Smashville Game 1, lose game 2 and their opponent bans Final Destination. The platforms are a hit and miss for the character. The platforms are good so you can utilize phantasm shenanigans as well as laser shenanigans. You can also do wall jump shenanigans on the ledges to mix up your recovery options. As far as the ceiling is concerned, I think it has a lower ceiling then Final Destination, but don't quote me on that. I wouldn't really suggest taking characters like Wario and Meta Knight there because they'll just platform camp all day everyday. Unless, of course, you're good at catching them in the air in which case, have a carnival day on that stage.

All in all, it's a solid stage for Falco and definitely one of his best right next to Final D and Smashville.

Battlefield: :falco::falco::falco::falco::falco:

^rating system.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Good stage, promotes aerial fighting. Just the casual falco stage imo. Phantasm has good potential here, lasers being less usefull indeed. Popping a Usmash on the top platform will earn you a ko most of the time.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
The ceilings not lower, your upsmash only kills earlier if youre standing on a platform.
I also disagree with you regarding Falco's camping on BF, the platforms on the sides ensure your opponent must approach from straight ahead. Approaching through the platforms is easily telegraphed and you can side B away in an instant.
Edit: Also, as a pro you should add that the platforms aid Falco in mixing up his recovery. His side b onstage is harder to punish on BF as opposed to FD or SV since its basically a guessing game of whether Falco will side B to the ledge, onstage, onto a side platform, or onto the center platform.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I think this is Falco's best stage over most of the cast. Platform camping does not making firing lasers any harder.

Having control over phantasm is really strong because it gives Falco tons of defensive positional advantages. Platforms on the stage also help set up the laser lock. Platforms give Falco more recovery options than FD. This is the only neutral you can avoid Marths zero to death.

In my opinion it is Falco's best neutral in the grand scheme of things.

:phone:

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
The ceilings not lower, your upsmash only kills earlier if youre standing on a platform.
I also disagree with you regarding Falco's camping on BF, the platforms on the sides ensure your opponent must approach from straight ahead. Approaching through the platforms is easily telegraphed and you can side B away in an instant.
Edit: Also, as a pro you should add that the platforms aid Falco in mixing up his recovery. His side b onstage is harder to punish on BF as opposed to FD or SV since its basically a guessing game of whether Falco will side B to the ledge, ontsage, onto a lower side platform, or onto the center highest platform.
Thanks for the extra pro.
I don't want to start a fight, but people would predict the phantasm and punish Falco.

Generally, this is where most Falcos will go if they win on Smashville Game 1, lose game 2 and their opponent bans Final Destination. The platforms are a hit and miss for the character. The platforms are good so you can utilize phantasm shenanigans as well as laser shenanigans. You can also do wall jump shenanigans on the ledges to mix up your recovery options. As far as the ceiling is concerned, I think it has a lower ceiling then Final Destination, but don't quote me on that. I wouldn't really suggest taking characters like Wario and Meta Knight there because they'll just platform camp all day everyday. Unless, of course, you're good at catching them in the air in which case, have a carnival day on that stage.

All in all, it's a solid stage for Falco and definitely one of his best right next to Final D and Smashville.

Battlefield: :falco::falco::falco::falco::falco:

^rating system.
I like the extra information great job.
I also really like the rating (Falco heads.)

I think this is Falco's best stage over most of the cast. Platform camping does not making firing lasers any harder.

Having control over phantasm is really strong because it gives Falco tons of defensive positional advantages. Platforms on the stage also help set up the laser lock. Platforms give Falco more recovery options than FD. This is the only neutral you can avoid Marths zero to death.

In my opinion it is Falco's best neutral in the grand scheme of things.

I really do like the depth in how defensive play can be abused on BF.
IMO I thought because of the size of the stage, Falco was played more aggresivly.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
@ MARLX my little trick for opponents that think they can predict when I phantasm is to spam standing laser until they approach :) Works like a charm. Also, you really ought to fix the font on the OP, its kind of hard to read without squinting.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
It is small but Falco has movement options. He can also safely phantasm to the ledges from the top platform (it isn't hard cuz you don't have to space it.)

You have way more room to laser camp other sages, but playing aggressive with Falco isn't hard because you always have some kind of escape option like full hopping to the top platform, or from the top platform (random tip, you can full hop triple laser on your way there [no lag, lasers auto cancel]) you can phantasm to the ledge, you can phantasm on the middle platforms back and forth.

Moving around seems to easy because you always have something you can reach. I think this is what sets it apart from most stages.

M@v

Subarashii!
Battlefield.

Falco's best stage vs most of the cast imo, with FD being his best vs the rest.

Most notably, this is generally agreed to be falco's best stage vs mk, due to his ability effectively camp mk, use the platforms to stay safe from mk's excellent pressure game, and arguably most important, makes it easier to recover safely against him.

Some general pointers:

-Nair and bair platform pressure is amazing here.

-You can IAP from one middle level platform to the other

- Falco can wall jump both sides of the stage as an additional recovery option

- Abuse the positioning of the platforms. Essentially, use them to always keep yourself in an advantageous position vs your opponent.

TL:DR Going here or FD is almost always a good decision.

Information Dump

-FD/SV/BF all have the same ceiling height from the central stage.
(Referenced this off a DDD ceiling list)

-No jump is needed for the central platforms to get the aerial landing of phantasm. (saves 6 frames jump squat).

-Usmash against a person on a platform above you results in knock back to the side.

-Let go of the ledge without a fastfall and quickly 2nd jump air dodge towards the stage can result in an air dodge that lands on the platform. (Someone on the falco boards brought it up)

-The angled underside will bend you around it making fire bird recovery easier to aim, and getting on the stage with lasers from the ledge easier as well.

-Olimar's Plucking percentages are the same all over the stage.
Red/Yellow/Blue carry a 25.6% pluck rate. White = 12.8% Purple = 10.3%
Nothing outstanding about this though.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291409

-A two lasers can be shot at someone on a platform from a single short hop. One above the platform, the next slightly above (still through) the platform.
-

Top Bottom