• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle At The Toy Trove 3 - The Quest Begins!

Bing

Smash Master
Battle At The Toy Trove 3 - The Quest Begins!

Address/Location
The Toy Trove

2 St. Paul Street West

St. Catharines, ON, Canada

L2R 3N7

Phone: 289-362-4401

Hosts: WingZero(Bing) + Niko K
Sponsored By Vitality

Schedule
12am-1pm: Sign Up/Registration Do not be late
1pm-1:30: Free Play/Friendlies <-- Use this time to go for lunch if necessary
1:30 - 3:00 Singles Pools or Doubles Depending on interest.
3pm-5pm: Singles Pools: Unless We Don't have Doubles.
5pm-6pm: Food Break
6pm-8pm: Bracket(Top 16)
If theres time I'd like to do crews.
Prices
10$ Singles
5$ Per Person Doubles
5$ Venue Fee

Prizes
We will be Doing Cash Prizes.

Super Smash Bros Melee Singles

Under 16 Entrants
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

16+ entrants
1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
4th Place: 5%

Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles
Under 8 teams
1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%

8+ teams
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Food And Drinks
Once Again, we will be ordering Pizza from Twice the Deal. $1 Per Slice, and you also get 1 pop if you purchase said Pizza.(I.e 2 Slices of Pizza and a pop = $2)

The Toy Trove has Pop and Water for sale for 1$
There are multiple food locations near by including the following:
The Bull Pit: Just across the street, both way.
Pizza Pizza: Just Down St.Paul towards the bus station.
Smoke's Poutine: In behind Pizza Pizza
Bella Noella's Pizza: Beside Smoke's Poutine.

Tournament Rules

MBR Ruleset
- 8 Minute Time Limit
- 4 Stocks each
- No Items
- Jungle Japes is banned in Both events
- Sets are Best 2/3. Semi-finals and other placings for money is best 3/5. LQs Is now 3/5.
- Best 3/5 sets will still have 1 stage ban
- Wobbling is banned at all of these
- Master Hand is obviously banned
- Metaknight is also banned.

General Rules
BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no marijuana etc.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over everything. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual.
No refunds after entered.
Have fun :)

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330555 Link to the Niagara Regional Thread

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is lookin for a partner pm me i play fox and falco to a certain degree

:phone:

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Kason, but the issue is Niko probably ran the OG thread and hasn't had a computer, in other news, my tri wing shipped yesterday morning so if anyone needs to borrow it let me know :) This is gonna be fun, like all the other tournys, just hopefully it goes by quicker, we're gonna have to stay on top of things and make sure pools don't last as long as last time. Hype it up!

Bing

Smash Master
Really Zack? Really? Everything was on time despite that the out of town people were 2 hours late. We finished the tournament including teams all JUST after 8 when its supposed to end at 9. I mean give me a break.

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah...we turned up late. sorry about that. can't trust people to be on time when i specifically told them the schedule.

there was also a low turnout from niagra last time though. what happened?!! you scared that link/yoshi player away bing!!

Bing

Smash Master
I think I legit did... He picked Link against My Marth and it ended poorly for him. I do know for a fact that there were a few people that actually did get scared off by our level of skill and such, plus two people quit who were/are on the PR and a few more had to leave early because they had prior commitments.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
lol david, sorry we all kinda ****ed up. we need to stop going out to eat for breakfast or something.
and lol coffee who are you, kason mammalman? and if coffees going i might be interested

Bing

Smash Master
lol david, sorry we all kinda ****ed up. we need to stop going out to eat for breakfast or something.
and lol coffee who are you, kason mammalman? and if coffees going i might be interested
Yes this. Don't do this.

il let you mans know ahead of time, but yea theres a chance i could be down for this
You totally should reach. We could do our low tiers money match! Plus I havent seen you in ages :p

But yeah, needs more hype.

Bing

Smash Master
So guys, tournaments less then 2 weeks away. Get Hype! Also I was wondering what you guys think about possibly adding back a few stages to the list. Like Rainbow Cruise, KJ64, Brinstar, hell maybe even Mute City. Just a thought, I'd personally love to have a larger stage option.

Windrose

Smash Lord
i always thought that was a good stage list but most people don't like it. Adding those stages back certainly benefits my character :D

almost all those stages are good for falcon.

Bing

Smash Master
Fine then I'll add Mute City too lmfao

No but Im just curious in seeing if anyone would want to try a "custom" or "alternate" stage list.

Does anyone else have any ideas for a side event? We could do like Low Tier, add more(whacky) stages, Mid tier, Falcon Only etc. Thats if you'd even want to do a side event.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
i was so looking forward to this but theres a possibility im prob not going cuz of work :( hopefully i find someone to take my shift

Bing

Smash Master
Anyone driving to this?

Windy is probably driving is you guys could hook up with him?

actually if there's a decent number of people expected to attend i'm willing to take the bus out
That would be awesome. We've had 20 people both tournaments, hoping that stays consistent.

i was so looking forward to this but theres a possibility im prob not going cuz of work :( hopefully i find someone to take my shift
PFFT. Find someone, I want to be able to add you to the PR.

Windrose

Smash Lord
The attendance wasn't too good last time. Will a bunch of people flop again?

Bing

Smash Master
The attendance wasn't too good last time. Will a bunch of people flop again?

I honestly couldnt give you a direct answer, I know there will be a few new people but thats all I can really say. A lot of the new people got scared off by our "skill" at the first tournament and Im trying to bring some of them back.

Bing

Smash Master
wowwwww, this is starting to look pretty solid.

By the way out of town guys, PLEASEEE try to be on time, last time you guys were 2 hours late and I really dont want a repeat of that :(

Bing

Smash Master
Well if one or two people are late and I know they're/potentially going to be late, thats fine. But last time, Kason, Saux, Watermelon, Windy, Ryan522, Reis, Izek and Kurtis were late by 2 hours.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
With the attendance, you've could've still finished the tourney way before the closing time.

Not condoning their lateness, but that breakfast place was pretty good the last time I went.

Bing

Smash Master
Oh I still finished an hour before "closing" time even though we can stay later, and we did also do Teams.

its just nice to start on time, which takes a load off my shoulders, plus I'd like to do a side event.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
With the attendance, you've could've still finished the tourney way before the closing time.

Not condoning their lateness, but that breakfast place was pretty good the last time I went.
lol we went to tally ho that time instead, we had tally ho at like 3 the night before and then tally ho for breakfast in the morning, probably the greasiest day of my life.

Top Bottom