• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BATTLE ARENA MELBOURNE 8 TRASHTALK/MONEYMATCH/SHOUTOUTS THREAD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Gonna pre-shoutout the OVER 200 ENTRANTS FOR SMASH 4 AND 150 ENTRANTS FOR MELEE LIKE OH MY GOSH THIS IS GONNA BE SICKKKKK. <3

Seriously, we're dominating the other games in terms of sheer numbers. Get out there and have fun. :D

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I have assessed your ability at Super Smash Brothers Melee and find it lacking compared to my own!

2 +

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to melbournemelee streamers. Stream looked crisp and sounded great.
Grats to Nick and rest of top 8.

Milun

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to the Sm4sh round I had to redo 3 times due to blackouts and a Wii remote being P3.

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Great tournament! I know the Canberra boys all had a good time. Shoutouts to Invisi for backing out of money matches.
See you all at OHN hopefully!

Pete278

Smash Lord
I wasn't gonna write any shoutouts but then I got an email letting me know I'd been a member of Smashboards for 10 years two days ago so I guess I should for some sort of anniversary thing. Anyway:

Splice: I apologize for somehow sneaking up on you twice, but you didn't seem too phased. I also apologize for mistaking some other guy for you, which you didn't know happened but it was quite rude since he was much less attractive than you. I'm sad we didn't get a chance to grab any KFC but if you come to Perth for DIAD then we can have ****ty Perth KFC together. I hope you feel better, and if you continue the trend of guzzling orange juice, I'm sure you will be better in no time. BL on doubles.

Kai: You suffered the worst fate of all at BAM: not getting to see Falco's loser's match with Xian. I can't imagine being in your position, and I'm sure, under the surface, you are quietly crying. Your doubles match was much more fun to watch than Weng's MKX 0-2 streak, so thanks for giving me that alternative. I probably would've gone the whole tournament without watching any Smash if you hadn't come over and told me that, to be honest. BL about the match with Quetz but as I said on twitter, you held it together pretty ok after that game 3, and the set was within your reach the whole time. Come body Perth at DIAD imo. Also, defs top 10 most attractive men in the aus fgc.

Dreadtech: You're basically god as far as I can tell, no idea how you do what you do. Your cafe was godlike and I went there again on Monday with Trav, and will definitely do so again if I go back to Melbourne. I hope you get to relax at least a little now that everything is over, and also maybe learn how to deal with st.mk. Since I didn't get to buy you a drink in Melb, please come to DIAD so I can buy you one here.

DD: Glad we finally got to properly meet #ircboyz. I hope you enjoyed the dinner we had, even though Weng almost ruined the mystery chicken. Its a shame you didn't do better in GG, and that Weng chose to beat you and then concede, but oh well. Next time. DIAD doesn't have GG so I can't even really add that recommendation here but you should anyway I guess. I mean, if you did, we could play 98 in person, which is the best game.

Tomo: Glad we got to meet except not as long term as the line from above. Your GG matches seemed rough, as I also have no idea what Venom does and spent the whole match thoroughly confused. Also, again as above, hope you enjoyed mystery chicken #****weng. I don't know how well you did in Smash 4 which iirc you said you entered but maybe you did well enough for it to be worth coming to DIAD.

Kira: we spoke for all of like 2 seconds at BAM but you looked cute as always and I hear you got second in Pokken, which is significantly better than Trav's 0-1, which is my only reference point, so congratulations. I saw a little bit of your play from the MKX top 8 area I was sitting in and Gengar seems cool, and also you didn't do the same fatality over and over again like the guy who won MKX so you're much cooler. As reigning DIAD champ you basically have to come so I don't even have to recommend it.

Sorry if I missed anyone else I spoke to but its hard to remember what Smash players I spoke to when Weng introduced me to roughly a hundred FGC guys.

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to this guy for calling it early.
Despite that, I thought you played quite well, didn't look outdated at all.

Shoutouts to a bunch (too many) of the best dudes going around, including Pete for being a spooklord, but a special thankyou to Radiance in particular for articulating his experience in a way that was really helpful and resonant with me. Insightful and nurturing stuff :)

Marc, Gabe, hope you guys had a blast and were satisfied with the accommodation.

Congrats to Australia's Protagonist, Nick, on the Melee singles win <3
Skill-wise, I think Australia is in a good place right now, the competitors are sickos, it's great.
Can't even imagine what'll happen next year.

gg's to everyone I played
Bonus shoutout to Quetz for my favorite/most enjoyed set + single falco game I played across the whole weekend :D

In Dreadtech We Trust

Last edited:
Top Bottom