• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
the NZ scene is still in its infancy, and back then their best player was dz who played link/gw/bowser so yeah that win doesn't mean much lol
Actually, it means that NZ is not as good as us which I'm pretty sure is the exact topic at hand.
And you're implying that because someone mains not-top-tier, a win doesn't mean as much? Like you said he was still NZ best.
No-one is bragging about beating NZ, we're just saying been there done that coz people are being obnoxious
Lucky was on the NZ crew last year and they still lost, had to add Armada on to the end to make it close.

Mojo isn't even from NZ you cheeky asshole
would much rather get hype for Spud

Last edited:

CubT

Smash Cadet
20 is a lot for me im poor ill do 5 like every other mm ive arranged
TFW you challenge someone to a MM and call out their best player, and then when you get a reply, you don't want to MM for that much, even though they are free....

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
TFW you challenge someone to a MM and call out their best player, and then when you get a reply, you don't want to MM for that much, even though they are free....
Tell you what, I'll Bo3 you in Melee for $5 too, just for fun.

Splice

Smash Hero
It's called not being a ****** and money matching more than you can afford to lose
not to mention Mojo isn't even from NZ

Can we get the NZ dudes back from last year this dude is annoying as ****

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Spoke to Kelots, he's currently unable to but if he can get a job before BAM then he and Ben might come. Not sure about Speedy, DZ or the others :\

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Players not being actually from the region (people on vacation/exchange/still recognize a home region) don't actually count as the region, sorry nz but guys on a 1 year stay from another country don't count as that region.

Thats why cao still gets called on for melb crews and s.d is never going to be melbourne unless there's some serious change.

Nothing against s.d but state of origin is real deal

May be buying north (for now) but forever east melbourne original

CubT

Smash Cadet
Tell you what, I'll Bo3 you in Melee for $5 too, just for fun.
I'm down for that. I will admit to being relatively new to the game, so I'm only accepting this MM on the basis that you give me a few pointers afterwards. Know I'll get 12 stocked but whatever, all part of the fun.

It's called not being a ****** and money matching more than you can afford to lose
not to mention Mojo isn't even from NZ

Wow, triggered much? My post was a joke, but if you took it as serious...

Annoying af? Really dude? What have I done that has been annoying? I see it as stimulating conversation, having a bit of banter - but I guess I better keep a low profile for now.

Or are you baiting me....
Hmmm....

Spoke to Kelots, he's currently unable to but if he can get a job before BAM then he and Ben might come. Not sure about Speedy, DZ or the others :\
Yeah, I don't think Kelots is coming :(

Dz and SpeedyJ havent really been active in the scene, so I doubt they are going. SpeedyJ won't even come to monthlys, so doubt he's gonna go to Oz LOL.....

Leeyam may come, depends on how the Smash 4 BAM qualifier goes. If it gets 16 entrants, winner gets free flight and accom over. If not, winner gets cash and then can finance their way over if they want. I hope he can come.

Players not being actually from the region (people on vacation/exchange/still recognize a home region) don't actually count as the region, sorry nz but guys on a 1 year stay from another country don't count as that region.

Thats why cao still gets called on for melb crews and s.d is never going to be melbourne unless there's some serious change.

Nothing against s.d but state of origin is real deal

May be buying north (for now) but forever east melbourne original
Can't you see we desperate af here T-T

Splice

Smash Hero
I know it's a joke, so what? It's still annoying. You're not remotely funny and talking **** isn't even dank OC dude.

your banter is trash
All I do is call you annoying and you ask me 4+ defensive questions, are you sure you can even handle it?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
what kind of trouble?
Ill backhand people... haha nah, If I see anyone with wireless that doesnt dysync afterwards, then I'll issue a warning. But if people keep walking off from a setup without Dysyncing, then they'll risk being DQed. Main issue is it'll grieve tournament matches since it'll open the home menu mid match.:/ Had that happen to me at the last monthly.... Most people will have 3ds and GC controllers though. :)

Also the SmashWiiU ruleset will be announced soon.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i dont understand is the 15 more dollars really that important? ive got like 10 mms so far and if i was gambling 20 on each id be as ******** as u (c i make gud jokes 2)

CubT

Smash Cadet
I know it's a joke, so what? It's still annoying. You're not remotely funny and talking **** isn't even dank OC dude.

your banter is trash
All I do is call you annoying and you ask me 4+ defensive questions, are you sure you can even handle it?
LOL. I'm sure I can handle it. Anyway, neither of us are here for e-drama, so lets just drop this, ok?

i dont understand is the 15 more dollars really that important? ive got like 10 mms so far and if i was gambling 20 on each id be as ******** as u (c i make gud jokes 2)
are personal attacks really necessary?

Splice

Smash Hero
are personal attacks really necessary?
Wow, triggered much? His post was a joke, but if you took it as serious...

get your notepad out CubT I hope you're learning something here

Last edited:

CubT

Smash Cadet
Wow, triggered much? His post was a joke, but if you took it as serious...

get your notepad out CubT I hope you're learning something here
I have my notebook out, I know at times I can be a bit extra - and maybe this is one of those times...

They've told me so many times I need to stop writing cheques, I can't cash ;P

so are you just gonna take it or do you want to mm?
We'll see. I'll still need to see how much I have for BAM, seeing as I need to budget how much I need for food/accomadation and I've just had to shell out for flights + passport...

I don't really want to MM for more than I can afford ;) But yeah, we'll see.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
So in short, you're a little bit scared of losing and need an excuse to get out of a $5 money match?

On another topic though, any states want to take on the TAS Sm4sh crew? I need some hype in my life.

CubT

Smash Cadet
So in short, you're a little bit scared of losing and need an excuse to get out of a $5 money match?

On another topic though, any states want to take on the TAS Sm4sh crew? I need some hype in my life.
Actually I accepted his MM a bit later last night on Skype, but thanks for your input :)

Who is the NZ DK player and is he coming?
Yeah, did you see him on stream yesterday? He won the tournament, and the prize was a trip to BAM so yeah - he's going.

Narpas_sword

As far as good nz player, we have Spud. other greats in nz are imports and don't count. (hell, spud only just moved to nz from Raro =p)

Dz and speedy J are also good, but Dz hasn't been part of the scene for a while, and not sure what SpeedyJ is up to.
The scene has turned a bit **** with ****ery and kids just yelling memes and thinking they're clever as ****.

Please dont judge the rest of the nz players by the ones that are the vocal *****. =)
most of us are friendly guys all interested in getting better and having a good time. we know we arent up to international level, and our scene is still Baby Park.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

VIC can field a team.

nsw will rise to the challenge after we send vic packing
Is this a thing? How many men are you supplying?

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
So that's NSW and VIC ready to take on the tassie boys, I look forward to it!

Any other states up for the challenge?

Basty

Smash Ace
I would like to bet on Vic for taking the crew battle
But NSW/ACT has Tin Man, Waveguider and M.
why is it so hard to decide
EDIT: Depends if those 3 are going or not

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I would like to bet on Vic for taking the crew battle
But NSW/ACT has Tin Man, Waveguider and M.
why is it so hard to decide
EDIT: Depends if those 3 are going or not

m8, looks like you are forgetting the star of the show :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom