• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #2 Results

BSP

Smash Legend
Baton Rouge Monthly #2
2/4/2012
Full Unity Ruleset

Low Tier Doubles

1: Zelda's Butthole (Vaughn + Lee) ($36.00) :link2: + :zelda:

2: Byron and MAR (Byron and MAR) ($18.00) :mario2: + :zelda:

3: Jnig and BSP (Jnig and BSP) ($6.00) :mario2: :falcon: + :mario2:

4: So long eh bowser (Zigsta + Blaise) :bowser2: + :mario2:

5: Melee Sucks (ESO + Okuser) :lucas: + :ganondorf:

6: Ray and Jonathan (Ray and Jonathan) :jigglypuff: + :mario2:

Low Tier Singles

1: Lee M ($28.00) :mario2::link2:

2: V ($21.00) :zelda:

3: BSP ($14.00) :mario2:

4: Jnig ($7.00) :falcon::ganondorf:

5: Blaise :mario2:

5: Brawlman1000 :mario2:

7: MAR :zelda:

7: Zigsta :bowser2:

9: Dave1

9: phantom402 :zelda:

9: Okuser :ganondorf:

9: Gunner :jigglypuff::zelda:

13: ESO :lucas:

13: cloudzack117

Bracket: http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q481/BSP94/BRM2LTSINGLES.gif

Normal Doubles

1: Shrimp Butthole (Lee + Jnig) ($48.00) :diddy: + :wario:

2: SPINDASH (BSP + Brawlman1000) ($24.00) :mario2: + :sonic:

3: The OG Smashers (V and Sudai) ($8.00) :zelda: + :rob:

4: Slippery Gator (MAR + Zigsta) :zelda: + :bowser2:

5: Mario Bros. (Byron + Jonathan) :mario2: :diddy: + :luigi2:

5: Spiffy Leaf (Dave1 + sumiT) :gw: + :pikachu2:

7: 1700ELO (Okuser & Gunner) :snake: + :pikachu2:

7: Thuendoftime and Blaise (Curlz and Blaise) :rob: + :mario2:

Bracket: http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q481/BSP94/BRM2DOUBLES.gif

Normal Singles

1: Lee M ($36.00) :dedede::diddy::snake:

2: Jnig ($27.00) :wario:

3: MAR ($18.00) :diddy:

4: V ($9.00) :peach: :marth:

5: Brawlman1000 :sonic:

5: BSP :mario2::sonic:

7: Li D :falco:

7: Gunner :pikachu2::zerosuitsamus:

9: Byron :diddy: :mario2:

9: Okuser :snake:

9: Zigsta :bowser2:

9: Jonathan :luigi2:

13: Freddu :diddy:

13: thuendoftime :rob:

13: Blaise :mario2::sheik:

13: Ray :toonlink:

17: Dave1

17: sumiT :gw:

Bracket: http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q481/BSP94/BRM2SINGLES.gif

Shoutouts:

Blaise: Nice seeing you and thanks for coming out. We can always use more Mario rep lol. GGs man

Brawlman1000: We both got owned this time around huh? Better look into them seconds ;) Good stuff in doubles though, but I think we can do even better!

BSP: Find that secondary :glare:

Byron: You styled on me game 2. You're improving, so keep at it. GGs and thanks for coming out.

cloudzack - why did you leave after LTs? lol, we had 3 more events! Oh well, thanks for coming out.

thuendoftime- look who finally showed up to something. Thanks for not bugging me about the MK ban much. You seemed to enjoy yourself anyway.

Dave1 - GGs and thanks for coming out

ESO - GGs and thanks for coming out. Keep on training and you'll see improvement, trust me

Freddy - I didn't know you played brawl. MK won't be banned at the next BRM, happy?

Gunner- Hype set with Vaughn. I know we can both do better than what we got today, so step it up!

Jnig- good stuff in LT doubles, and GGs everywhere else. Thanks for helping to run the event while I was in matches too, I appreciate it a lot.

Jonathan - not enough Up Bs :smirk: ggs

Lee M - Thanks for making me feel free as usual :) Nah, for realz, thanks for coming out and good stuff winning everything.

Li -D -- you can't quit....they ALWAYS come back :smirk:

MAR - Good stuff in this tournament and good job not losing to sonic :bee:

Okuser -- ggs and thanks for coming

phantom402- same as zack lol. Don't leave next time lolz

Ray -- GGs. Playing you gives me bad memories of Hyro lol. Good stuff

sumiT -- was this your first tournament? Either way, nice meeting you and thanks for coming out.

V- you went in today lol. Good stuff and GGs, I have to step my game up; Also, thanks for helping me to run matches while I was busy. It was a huge help.

And last and definitely least :smirk: Zigsta: Thanks for coming out to your last usual La. tournament. GGs and I hope you have a blast in CA.

Just kidding about the least :)

Give me character information people

And once again, thanks to everyone that came out. Couldn't have had the tournament without all of you.

'V'

Smash Lord
For Low Tier Singles, Low Tier Doubles, and Regular Doubles, I used :zelda:

For Regular singles, I used :peach:/:marth:

Sudai used :rob:

Edit: Will post shoutouts when I wake up tomorrow. Too sleepy now. lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I used straight Bowser in everything.

I'll do shoutouts later. Gonna pass out now.

:phone:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I used Mario and Falcon in LT doubles
Falcon and Ganon in LT singles
Solo Wario in both regular singles and doubles

Today was too fun, an entire day of Smash! And I totally got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th! GET AT ME

If anyone picked up Freddy's controller, I believe it was a yellow one with a Wario "W" on the front, let us know!

'V'

Smash Lord
In fact, here are all of the character as far as I know of:

Low Tier Characters

1: Lee M :mario2:/:link2:
2: V :zelda:
3: BSP :mario2:
4: Jnig :mario2::falcon::ganondorf:
5: Blaise :mario2:
5: Brawlman1000 :mario2:
7: MAR :zelda:
7: Zigsta :bowser2:
9: Dave1 :random:
9: phantom402 :random:
9: Okuser :ganondorf:
9: Gunner :jigglypuff:/:zelda:
13: ESO :lucas:
13: cloudzack117 :random:

Normal Characters

1: Lee M :dedede:/:diddy:/:snake:
2: Jnig :wario:
3: MAR :diddy:
4: V :peach:/:marth:
5: Brawlman1000 :sonic:
5: BSP :mario2::sonic:
7: Li D :falco:
7: Gunner :pikachu2:/:zerosuitsamus:
9: Byron :mario2:/:diddy:
9: Okuser :snake:
9: Zigsta :bowser2:
9: Jonathan :luigi2:
13: Freddu :diddy:
13: thuendoftime :rob:
13: Blaise :mario2:/:sheik:
13: Ray :toonlink:
17: Dave1 :random:
17: sumiT :gw:

Sudai :rob:

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
The only shutout I want to give is to Brawlman1000. B-)

Yeah man, we had the most hyped set that no one cared about lol!

Shoutouts later when I have more time. GGs for now.

Also BSP, Spiffy Leaf was :gw: + :pikachu2:

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't know who all I $1 MM'd but they were fun. GGs to everyone in doubles and the friendlies I played.

I made laser tag smell good.

'V'

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

1: Lee M - Still amazing as always. Thanks for teaming with me in Low Tier teams. Official **** at its finest. Low Tier Singles GF were really hype between us too. Sorry Link didn't do so hot, but Mario too good, amirite!? lol!! Congrats on winning everything!!

2: Jnig - Still good too, I see. Congrats on your MM with MAR. We had a really good match, too. The best set we've had in quite some time.

3: MAR - I had no idea how the Diddy matchup was played until I met you last month. Good games, man. Keep practicing and you'll get further up the ranks, I'm sure.

4: V - Bring Victini with you EVERYWHERE you go!!

5: Brawlman1000 - Only played you in Doubles, but good matches. Sonic's annoying.

5: BSP - We played each other in every event. Good games for every one too, especially Low Tier Singles and Regular Singles. Good job running the tourney, as well. You're working your way up. Work on that Marth matchup!!

7: Li D - Didn't play you this time, but it was good to see you. I know you're not really into Brawl anymore.

7: Gunner - ****ing longest and most intense set of the tourney. I can't imagine what it would've been like if it was a best of 5. Nearly went on for damn near 30 minutes. Good **** and keep on repping that Pika.

9: Byron - Only played you in Doubles, but good games.

9: Okuser - Only played you in Doubles, but good games.

9: Zigsta - I have a feeling you know the Marth matchup quite well. Or at least for my Marth anyway. Good friendlies and Doubles games. Have a good time in Cali and hope to see you come back soon.

9: Jonathan - Good games, man. Gotta watch that timer!! (Sorry I did that, btw.)

13: Freddu - Good games, man. Sorry about the whole MK thing, but hey. Your Lucario should definitely see more action for this kind of tourney.

13: thuendoftime - Didn't play you, but good to see you again nonetheless.

13: Blaise - Playing Mario before it was cool. Spoken like a true OG. Good games, man.

Sudai - Thanks for teaming with me. It was just like old times. I'm working on my Marth so that we can have a better chance against fast characters like Sonic.

EET - Good to see you, buddy. You and your shenanigans.

Adam! - You're crazy, but you're one cool cat. Perhaps we'll be the new Team Afrika at some point..? Maybe..? lol

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
It's been a long time but i had a lot of fun (got extremely tired at the end though). It was fun seeing everyone again and I thing im gonna start coming to more tournaments again.

Shootouts to:

Adam: It was fun playing u as always. But now your the 3rd best Diddy i know.

BSP: Luigi owns Sonic. Your lucky we never play in tournament. keep up the mk bans. Fun tournament.

Mar: You are even better than Byron told me you were. ggs

V: I forgot brawl was played with time, u reminded me :(

Sudai: WE NEVER FINISHED OUR MM. DAMN U BSP!!!!!!!

Zigsta: Now i cant play the "but i use the lowest ranked character in Louisiana" card anymore. ggs.

1000: ggs in our friendlies. Not trying to start anything, but ive always believed that you have the best Sonic.

Curlz: good seeing u. Heard u almost beat b1000 with rob. see what happens when you dont pick mk.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sudai - Thanks for teaming with me. It was just like old times. I'm working on my Marth so that we can have a better chance against fast characters like Sonic.
It was awesome. Havin Marth there would be awesome too. Maybe we should have tried peach in one of the games too? If you ever feel like changing just go for, it seemed like you kind of wanted to change after the first game when you told me after the second game, but it's w/e. Was all fun. Just let me know if/when you wanna do it again.

Sudai: WE NEVER FINISHED OUR MM. DAMN U BSP!!!!!!!
Soisoisoisoi. It was a good game that we did play out at least. We'll finish it or just do a diff MM next time I'm at a tourney.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
2: Jnig - We haven't played a set since smashcon. Let's get at least a friendly in next time.

3: MAR - Nice job getting 3rd. Hope I get to play you in tourney next time.

4: V - So you beat me then BSP? Well done, you impressed me! Especially your overall and pika-specific DI (Right/left to not get hit by thunder from u-tilt AND u-smash), and you powershielded jolts like no other. Have you played against a pikachu extensively before?
I think I should have gone ZSS game 3...or maybe PS2.

5: Brawlman1000 - We didn't get our MM in :(. I was too busy kicking curlz's ***, sorry bout that! Come to another tourney soon!

5: BSP - V beat you too?! You should pick up Pikachu! I bet you would like it.

7: Li D - 2 suicides by me at 0% in 20 seconds game 3....PS2 working against me. We had a REALLY good set otherwise, ggs.

7: Gunner - My lowest tourney placing in 5 or 6 tournies. I'll do better next time, but V really caught me off guard.

9: Byron - Man, you had a tough bracket I see. Good job getting as far as you did, and keep coming to tournies!

9: Okuser - Nice placing without your main. I'm glad we don't have to fight for MK legal.

9: Zigsta - We got 4 awesome tourney sets in before you had to go, and for the small window you were coming to our tournies, that's pretty damn good. I have some precious bowser MU experience now ;). I could never get that damn QaC lock on you...

9: Jonathan - Good to see you at a tourney again...too bad we didn't even get to finish one friendly!

13: Freddy - Thanks for helping with the weed jonhs! Sorry if some little *******s took your controller...

13: Curlz - Don't get so ****ing salty, jesus. I mean it's okay to get pissed at losing, but to say **** like "Okay let's have a real match now" after you SD game 1 vs Okuser?? **** off and get better.

13: Blaise - TIME TO STEP IT UP. We'll get some training in soon. Nice job with the Sheik though, you gave my pika a lot of trouble...

BSP

Smash Legend
Shoutouts
5: BSP - We played each other in every event. Good games for every one too, especially Low Tier Singles and Regular Singles. Good job running the tourney, as well. You're working your way up. Work on that Marth matchup!!
Actually, placing 5th is me going down haha. Unless you meant working my way up in terms of helping the community, then yes! Don't worry, I'll find a second for Marf :p

it was fun to play some olimar, gonna try and bring him back
Please do. We need Oli rep in La.

BSP: Luigi owns Sonic. Your lucky we never play in tournament. keep up the mk bans. Fun tournament.

1000: ggs in our friendlies. Not trying to start anything, but ive always believed that you have the best Sonic.
No, my sonic was just bad yesterday. No johns though, you usually do fine vs. me, but I don't think Luigi wrecks Sonic. I saw B1000 up 2 stocks on you in one match; it's def. not a "wrecking" situation lol

Also, you saying B1000 has a better sonic isn't starting anything lol

Lastly, MK will be legal in singles, but banned in doubles. I think this will give max. enjoyment to all of La.

5: BSP - V beat you too?! You should pick up Pikachu! I bet you would like it.
Hmm, IDK about Pika, but I need to experiment. I hate wifi for experimentation though :glare: I may just fight CPUs and search for vids.

Vaughn, good stuff man. You really went in this tournament and I'm impressed. I will have to practice more to keep up with you guys.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
First off I wanna say sorry for leaving without saying goodbye to anyone. My parents were kinda rushing me and a was a little salty about how I lost to MAR....but the tourney was still fun.

SHOUTOUTS!!!:

Lee: Still to good.

JNig: U beat me in every event I entered lol, but I was soooooooo close to beating your Wario in singles this time! I almost had u on BF and I came super close to pulling off that upset. But in the end your Wario was just to much, maybe next time ;). Also I know alot of matches have been recorded that have yet to be uploaded and I was thinking that if u need help with doing that, if no one else in LA can do it maybe u can find someone else on SWF to send some replays to. Tesh offered to help but I'm a n00b when it comes down to that stuff so maybe u could talk to him about it. Anyways ggs and I look forward to playing u again.

MAR: Dat wifi. And I thought I knew a little something about Diddy but it turns out that I don't know **** lol. U are so good. Completely destroying me and Li-D. I really wanted some friendlies with u after the tourney but I had to go. Glad I met u and I really look forward to seeing/playing u again man ggs!

V and Sudai: LOL, SIX STOCKED!!! Anyways tho ggs and u guys are awesome. Sudai u showed up in pjs dude I guess I now understand how lazy u are lmao! V and dat Victini to good. Good job on 4th!

Bman1K: I'm cursed with getting 5th in singles. Good stuff in singles and dubz but next time remember to grab release in 2v1 situations n00b >_>.

BSP: Team SPINDASH baby! Although we only went double Sonic like once lol. Good stuff considering this was our first time teaming and we got no practice in b4 the tourney. Now that I got some dubz experience hopefully we'll do even better next time. Perhaps at the next BRM I come to? Great tourney and I can't wait for the next one ggs! One last thing, DON'T LET LUIGI **** U SO HARD!

Li-D: Yay u didn't quit. I knew u wouldn't :smirk:.

Gunner: Yeah we'll get dat MM in next time. I don't think I saw your Pika the whole tourney :(. Also, I'm assuming that Bomber not making it is the reason NiTEZ wasn't there. Still wanna see dat MM. Anyways keep up the good work!

Byron: U seemed a bit pissed about your and Jonathan's dubz performance. Don't let it get to ya bro. Keep studying and improving your dubz game and u'll do better :).

Okuser: Same as Gunner except replace Pika with Snake and remove the NiTEZ part.

Zigsta: That is the best Bowser I've ever seen and I'm glad I had the honor of playing u b4 u move. I'm shocked that I beat u on Brinstar and that u didn't win LT. Off day I guess :ohwell:. GGs and good luck in Cali!

Jonathan: Glad u can come to tourneys again! Keep training dat Weegee! And keep training with Byron in dubz and try not to take his stock when hes near death k? GGs its always fun to play your Weegee.

Freddy: We had a piece of a match. After playing u and Jonathan with my Marth I kinda have an idea of what level I'm on with him. I'm gonna be using him mainly for MKs so I'm sure I'll play a full set with u Marth vs MK eventually. GGs and glad ya still came.

Curlz: We had one crazy *** set bro! **** MK and just main R.O.B. forever! I probably had more fun with our set than any other match I played that day. GGs and your R.O.B. is the ****!

Blaise: I meant to talk to u about Mario b4 the LT event to get some last minute tips but it started as soon as I got there lol. And I knew u had a Mario and Snake but a Sheik too?! I didn't even know Sheiks existed....wish I could have seen/played it.

Adam!: Team Africa where u at?! U should have entered something man. But its all good, u were still there being awesome so good ****.

Facey: Alright Facey I'll admit it, your MK is better than my Sonic. Gotta step it up so I can get my $10 back! GGs bro.

Dave1 and sumiT: Fun playing u guys in dubz. I'm assuming this was you guys first tourney so I hope u guys keep coming out. The more the merrier!

GGs if I missed anyone. I actually enjoyed this tourney even more knowing that I wouldn't have to meet any MKs in bracket. I felt more relaxed and it helped me play better! Idk if ALL the upcoming BRMs should be MK legal. We could ban him in some and make him legal in others.....although I'd kinda like it if he were banned for good tho, but thats just me. Anyways great tourney BSP and I'm already hyped for the next BRM!

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
@Johnathan- I didn't even play diddy at this tourney, I've gotten waaay better. I was impressed with Byron and Mar however

@brawlman- you're awesome too home slice

I hate the rest of you. I'm the best!

'V'

Smash Lord
It was awesome. Havin Marth there would be awesome too. Maybe we should have tried peach in one of the games too? If you ever feel like changing just go for, it seemed like you kind of wanted to change after the first game when you told me after the second game, but it's w/e. Was all fun. Just let me know if/when you wanna do it again.
I think we should play more in the future. I know we both don't really enjoy Brawl as much as we used to as a whole, but I think we can both agree that Doubles is really fun. It's been a while since we last played together, but I'm glad that the chemistry's still there.

I'll definitely let you know if I wanna switch. I wanted to try Zelda first just to see, but I think we both forgot that Sonic is just too fast for our team.

Actually, placing 5th is me going down haha. Unless you meant working my way up in terms of helping the community, then yes! Don't worry, I'll find a second for Marf :p

Vaughn, good stuff man. You really went in this tournament and I'm impressed. I will have to practice more to keep up with you guys.
I meant in helping the community, yeah. Don't worry, you're definitely still really good. I think everyone else is really starting to step up their game. The Brawl scene is actually evolving. You're doing a great job of running these tourneys and I have to say I'm very impressed in how our scene is maturing because of it.

And thanks for the complements. It was a really good day for me.

V and Sudai: LOL, SIX STOCKED!!! Anyways tho ggs and u guys are awesome. Sudai u showed up in pjs dude I guess I now understand how lazy u are lmao! V and dat Victini to good. Good job on 4th!
Yeah I'm not exactly sure how that happened. lol

Thanks, man. And I love Victini. :bee:

4: V - So you beat me then BSP? Well done, you impressed me! Especially your overall and pika-specific DI (Right/left to not get hit by thunder from u-tilt AND u-smash), and you powershielded jolts like no other. Have you played against a pikachu extensively before?
I think I should have gone ZSS game 3...or maybe PS2.
Believe it or not, Sudai experimented A LOT with Pikachu back in the day. We used to play each other all of the time. I guess during that time I learned to DI Pikachu's moves and it just stuck with me ever since. I tend to try to DI everything that I can too. Peach really needs it.

Sudai used a lot of ZSS too. lol =P

Good games yourself, man. I know now that Pikachu is a lot harder to follow than he looks.

I was really happy that I did so well in Low Tiers. My Zelda was finally able to see some action, which I really missed. She even managed to reset the bracket too. Soooooooooooo many Mario's though... lol

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
After reading some of the comments I just want BSP and Adam to know I :ibwc: both of y'all. :)
U 2 are at the top of my "player i respect list" along with sudai. I honestly didn't mean any ill will.

BSP

Smash Legend
Don't worry, I didn't take any offense from your post. It's all good.

BSP

Smash Legend
You didn't enter; no one cares :troll:

For real though, I forgot to say good friendlies Adam

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Never really heard of the luisianna players too much. but good stuff to all the winners id like to see videos of you guys.

BSP

Smash Legend
You never heard of lee Martin? The rest of us I could understand, but u should know lee

As for videos, there is a LA tournzmt video thread in the brawl videos section

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I promise I'll post shoutouts in about a week! I've been really busy with moving, but I'll definitely be thanking you guys for the fun times. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
lol yeah dude, don't underestimate my lazy

I think we should play more in the future. I know we both don't really enjoy Brawl as much as we used to as a whole, but I think we can both agree that Doubles is really fun. It's been a while since we last played together, but I'm glad that the chemistry's still there.

I'll definitely let you know if I wanna switch. I wanted to try Zelda first just to see, but I think we both forgot that Sonic is just too fast for our team.
I'm down. I'm moving to near LSU w/ Eric in Marchish so I'll be really close.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
nice, LOW TIER.

brings back memories of lee+xyro in low tier. UNSTOPPABLE

Top Bottom