• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Landry

Smash Ace
So, do you guys think Rose will ever play return to his 2010-2011 form? Or even close to that? Poor Chicago...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I personally think his MVP days are done. In fact I'd go as far as saying this current Bulls era is done and its time for them to rebuild. An injury prone Rose plus the pieces they currently have just isn't going to get it done anymore.

If I were in charge I'd start looking into trades to start piling assets/future picks.

EDIT: It's confirmed that Rose will be out for the remainder of the season http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1286206

Man that sucks... Missing an entire season then playing only 10 games and hurting yourself again? Bulls fans must be on suicide watch.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
you blow the whole thing up
rose can come back from this
it will be mental more then anything

this team was in a win now mentality
you blow it up
rose when he come back take a paycut and get a superstar
maybe if the whole world swerves from him for a moment he can redevelop and adjust his game and get a better overall game
then come back improved

NyteShadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
NyteShadows
What do you guys think about the Rudy Gay to Sacramento trade? As a Raptors fan, I was celebrating despite getting nothing in return, but at least that $19 million black hole is gone.

I just wonder how Sacramento will deal with both Derrick Williams and Rudy.
Here starts the "Gay-Kings" Era, or "Gay Cousins" Era, haha.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I guess the Kings are desperate to make a playoff push... Without actually making the playoffs.

Rudy Gay is terrible. When the RAPTORS of all teams are trying to get rid of you, you know something's wrong.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Kobe's new contract guaranteed that the Lakers aren't sniffing the Finals for the next 2 seasons.

The West is all about the Thunder and Spurs at this point (with the Blazers looking like a dark horse so far).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lebron wasn't coming over here anyway, melo+kobe is a no no

Anything else was either not worth it or impossible. And we certainly aren't getting a good pick since we can't tank. So it up to kobe to do that 06' thing again.

Should be fun, anyway how about them pacers? (and how's your hawks? I'm assuming your a hawks fan).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Heat fan actually... Not to get confused with the Big 3 bandwagoners I bandwagoned way back in '06 when they (aka D Wade) won the title. xD

Things are actually looking up for the Hawks though. They got rid of the 2 main players holding them back in Joe Johnson and Josh Smith + their new coach and system both seem really solid so far (a lot of people are calling them the Spurs-lite). All they need are some solid draft picks and they'll be in good shape. Unfortunately the East is so bad they might not get one...

Not surprised the Pacers are looking like world beaters they've always been the Heat's #1 kryptonite in my eyes. I could see them beating the Heat in a 7 game series it's all gonna come down to 1) if D Wade can get healthy 2) can they prevent Hibbert from looking like prime Shaq and 3) can the Heat role players actually contribute cause they always seem to suck ass against the Pacers (especially Ray Allen and Shane Battier).

Landry

Smash Ace
Big guys can be effective at old ages for sure. It seems like Duncan is kind of following in the Kareem/Parrish mold for older big men, his playing time is reduced a bit but his efficiency is still there.

Landry

Smash Ace
Even Shaq played until he was pretty old. People tend to forget this, but he was still a really effective scorer until his last few seasons in the league.

NyteShadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
NyteShadows
Man, my Raptors are doing amazing after the Rudy Gay trade. Just wonder how much longer this hype will go on for.

ATLANTIC DIVISION CHAMPS 2013-2014 BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO BE

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kobe already said he doesn't deserve it. It then becomes an argument of what the AS game stands for. Is it an exhibition of players for the fans, picked by the fans? Or is the voting process meant to show the best of the best? I personally go with the latter. Were it up to me, I'd actually want to construct a team that exemplifies offense, defense, and certain skill sets.

Then again, that could also be considered the All NBA Team. If you had to go into one big game with 5 guys, who are you taking?

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Ah a topic Ill be going crazy while i am at this boards. Love me some sports sports sports!! Heat fan here (back to back champs) and before I get bombed with being called a bandwagon fan. I am born and raised in the M I A my whole life. The heat was the only team i rooted for in basketball because they are my home team. Still remember playing NBA Jam in the arcades and always picked Miami and our 2 players consist of Glen Rice and Rony Siekle and watching Zo and Tim Hardaway fight and play hard...only to be booted from the playoffs by teams like the Bulls and those damn Knicks -_-.....

Back on topic. Player buyouts are going on. Danny Granger and Caron Butler going to be on the market after they are cleared from waivers. Any Heat fans think we should pick up Butler again? we could use more help on the 2/3 spot. Especially with Wade going in and out of the lineup.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Rather be a "hater" than a bandwagoner

Ive been in san antonio most my life and I hate the spurs but I could easily pull the oh I've been a fan during all their success cause im here.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Rather be a "hater" than a bandwagoner

Ive been in san antonio most my life and I hate the spurs but I could easily pull the oh I've been a fan during all their success cause im here.
Thats a shame cause San Antonio is a pretty good team. And the last thing I am as a freaking bandwagoner. I am born, raised and still reside in Miami. I have to deal with my baseball team being run by the worst owner in baseball and a football team slowly converting to the East Coast Oakland Raiders. Sorry my hometown Basketball team just happens to be the 2 time defending champions and have the best player in the world :3.

Let me guess buddy, you're a Cavs fan?

Suspect

Smash Hero
im just saying, if you are a real fan, you wouldnt feel the need to Justify yourself

I like Bulls/Rockets/Mavs/Celtics

was born in Cleveland, but never like the cavs nor Lebron. I do like Kyrie tho

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
im just saying, if you are a real fan, you wouldnt feel the need to Justify yourself

I like Bulls/Rockets/Mavs/Celtics

was born in Cleveland, but never like the cavs nor Lebron. I do like Kyrie tho
This is the internet buddy. We all have to justify ourselves. If I didnt say anything, you still call me a bandwagoner just cause I root for Miami

T

Trick or Treat

My Wolves would be in the playoffs if they were in the Eastern Conference.

Probably pretty high up, since they'd be playing the bad teams more.

Screw geography.

YellowBand

Smash Cadet
(might have already been asked but) People are always saying Lebron is always calling for fouls and that he whines for fouls all the time. What do you guys think? I he really a crybaby like some people make him out to be?

Top Bottom