• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Jane

Smash Hero
mo williams with a sick no look pass back to al jefferson to put utah up on the clips by 3 with 3:55 left in the 4th. i smell an overtime!

love BG's effort to get the re.

JAMAL CRAWFORD!!!!!!

dammit mo. miss you buddy ;_;

this game is a serious thriller.

these utah announcers are so fuggin biased. i hate when theyre so unabashadley biased.

CP3. the truth. the captain. money.

deandre mother****ing jordan. his defense just keeps getting better. that timing.

gg. barnes just put us up 4 with his two foul shots. 17 seconds left. i'm done with my random gametime babble.

first home loss for utah: delivered.

LOL, some silly stuff going on during these last ten seconds. one of the jazz players had blood on him or something, but they didnt have any timeouts, so they huddle up regardless and instantly like 2 or 3 clippers join in on the huddle. so of course a few players get into it.

woah. scary little ending there. okay NOW im done.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
LMFAOOOOOOOOO THE HEAT ****ING SUCK!!!

LEBRON HAD A ****ING TRIPLE-DOUBLE AND STILL LOST TO THE WIZARDS!!!

The Heat will never prosper.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Wizards are freaking Heat killers...They've now won 3 games in a row against this Heat team.

Good thing they won't make the playoffs. :D

EDIT: ^ LOL at the above post... Typical substance-less Heat hater response.

Jane

Smash Hero
3 in a row? seriously?

oh wait, number 2 was at the end of the season when they were sitting like all the starters though right? but was the first one legit like this one?

regardless, funny stuff. ****ing wizards man. they earned the name today.

ZOMG SUNS ARE BEATING THE GRIZZ! #gosunsgo

apparently dragic has been getting off tonight.

lol, pj tucker, as awesome as he is, just made a stupid mistake. dragic airballed it and he recovered it and just took his time doing nothing while the clock ran out.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Of course I'm gonna laugh at the Heat for losing to the Wizards. Who cares if I didn't put effort into the post.

Jane

Smash Hero
well, the suns tried. they led the whole game but then rudy gay.

and then in OT everything just fell apart because z-bo.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Of course I'm gonna laugh at the Heat for losing to the Wizards. Who cares if I didn't put effort into the post.
Nothing wrong with laughing at the Heat for losing to the Wizards. I just got a good laugh at "the Heat will never prosper." The defending NBA champions/2x defending ECF champions with the best player in the world and two top 20 players in the league won't prosper because of a meaningless regular season loss to the Wizards? See how silly that sounds?

That's why I called your post substance-less. It was borderline trolling.

If anything we need to be talking about the Lakers right now... MAN they're in a deep hole right now. I'm not sure if Nash will be the definitive answer either. Seriously though who ever would have thought a team featuring Kobe/Dwight/Pau/Nash would be struggling so hard at this point? Sure the Heat were 9-8 at one point but that had more to do with familiarity issues than anything else. This Lakers team looks fundamentally flawed right now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Does anyone know who Achumachoo is in our fantasy league?

Getting tired of watching that person kick every team's *** every week. Making it hard for me to get to 1st. >.<

Wait now that I think about it there's an actual poster on here with the name Achoomachoo or however you spell it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, he posts here once in a while. I bet I'm last place now given I stopped keeping track of the league. If only there was an auto-start setting.

Jane

Smash Hero
i actually like it. i mean, yeah, its not "intimidating", but it does represent louisiana, and ultimately thats more important imo.

Jane

Smash Hero
^^^

biggest home loss of the lbj-wade-bosh era: delivered.

and now my phoenix boys are off to a great start at home vs dallas. i reaaally need to turn off the telly and get my homework done...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still waiting to see what Knicks do in playoffs.

Meanwhile, I have lost my handles and 3 pt shot cause our gym just opened back up after 2 weeks of remodeling. That and after one pick up game I was dead.

:phone:

Edit: Epic conspiracy theory here...Kidd, Melo, and the New York Knicks mentioned in one commercial 4 years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mNMdjCWM-Q

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the Lakers really suck!

Also, hope Ricky Rubio comes back soon. Can't want/hope to see T-Wolves over .500 for the first time in... forever. I'm dying to see them in the playoffs. The last time was in 5th grade.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It has seemed like forever since the T-Wolves were really good. In 2004 they made it to the Western Conference Finals. I was rooting for them to represent the West that year. They might have made the playoffs a time or two afterward, but that run was the last that I can recollect.

Jane

Smash Hero
It has seemed like forever since the T-Wolves were really good. In 2004 they made it to the Western Conference Finals. I was rooting for them to represent the West that year. They might have made the playoffs a time or two afterward, but that run was the last that I can recollect.
i think thats when my hate for the lakers culminated. i wasn't much of a basketball fan but my mom's boyfriend at the time was from minnesota and so a big twolves fan. i still remember the way he would yell during that series lol.

also, at this rate the lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs. looooooool

Kanbem

Smash Rookie
Hawks have been doing pretty well this season, but it doesn't look like they're going to beat the Heat. Them beating Memphis was big though. I'm a Josh Smith fan. I hope he doesn't get snubbed again this year.

:phone:

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Ah, T-Mac. How the mighty have fallen. Kind of sad to see.

(And yes, 2004 was the last time Minnesota has made the playoffs.)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's honestly work ethic IMO. Too many players rely on their given talent, and once they get older, are too lazy to further their game or find other ways to be effective.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
damn what a comeback by the knicks, especially after getting dismantled in the first quarter, to come back and win "on the road" against a pretty good team

these knicks are legit as hell

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm not ready to write the Knicks off as contenders since the East is weak as hell right now. Miami is struggling and everyone else is either missing key players or underachieving (I'm looking at you, Boston).

I'll wait until All Star break and Amare's return to properly assess where the Knicks are in comparison to the rest of the league.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm also not ready to write the Lakers off as flops yet as well. I wanna see what they can do with Nash.

But it's obvious that this run and gun "uptempo" offense isn't going to work for this Lakers team at all. They need to slow it down. Hopefully Pringles realizes this soon.

Top Bottom