• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Basic Ness Throw Combos

NZ Vampir3

Smash Rookie
NZ Vampir3 submitted a new guide:

Quick Ness Combos - A short guide on maining Ness

Ness Stats:
Walk speed - Average
Run speed - Average
Damage Output - Average
Combo Potential - High

Ness' grabs are the spawn of the devil. Especially his down throw which, provided the circumstance, can combo into all aerials but D-air. You can even chain 3 F-airs into themselves. Ness' D-air only spikes if you sweet-spot it. The sweet spot is as close to them as possible, but still on top. This is very situational and hard to land so I do not recommend this unless you short hop it...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I think you have to decide what you want your guide to be for. Is this guide for playing Ness in general, for his combos, or both? Whatever the purpose is, I think you need more detail because this is pretty basic.
If you want to keep it as a basic guide, you should reread it and fix some of the sentences, because some of them are pretty confusing. Most people list combos like Down Throw > Fair > Fair > Fair, and doing it like that will make it easier to tell what the actual combo is. You should also mention when in the combo you need to jump, or at least note that you have to jump to reaction based on where the opponent is.
Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Center, by the way; it was literally made for that: http://smashboards.com/forums/welcome-center-meet-greet.231/

Last edited:

NZ Vampir3

Smash Rookie
I think you have to decide what you want your guide to be for. Is this guide for playing Ness in general, for his combos, or both? Whatever the purpose is, I think you need more detail because this is pretty basic.
If you want to keep it as a basic guide, you should reread it and fix some of the sentences, because some of them are pretty confusing. Most people list combos like Down Throw > Fair > Fair > Fair, and doing it like that will make it easier to tell what the actual combo is. You should also mention when in the combo you need to jump, or at least note that you have to jump to reaction based on where the opponent is.
Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Center, by the way; it was literally made for that: http://smashboards.com/forums/welcome-center-meet-greet.231/
Thank you very much for the feedback! I appreciate lots!

shinxex123

Smash Rookie
What I found was that for heavy characters you can D-throw > U- air > double jump U- air and it connects perfectly with perfect DI at low-mid%. To link D- air, you can D- throw > F- air > double jump D- air. I find this to be a combo at mid% on mid-heavy weights. I hope I was helpful!

Top Bottom