• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Mafia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jeez, time flies. Also we should game some time!
Totes. Just hit me up sometime.

I actually wasn't expecting that many posts so I'm pleasantly surprised. Mainly due to this forum seems to have died, but I am happy a game sprung up at a time I needed some mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Ro Laren

For viewing and not answering my questions, which helps stagnate the RVS phase.

FOS: Xatres for using his vote on a non-player, which doesn't help us find scum.

Town vibes: Marshy, Adum, Kary

Null vibes: J

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
FOS: Xatres for using his vote on a non-player, which doesn't help us find scum.
That's far too simplistic an interpretation. EVERY vote in RVS helps you find scum. It's all about throwing something out there and seeing how people react.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fair point on any vote gaining a reaction, my concern is you voted a non-player. It's hard to explain for me, but it is similar to when a person random votes with random.org. It helps you avoid interacting with any of the playerlist in the beginning of the game. The only possible reaction you can get is ones similar to my own. You certainly won't get any reaction from the moderator. Compare this to my own vote on Ro Laren, who I voted to garner a reaction. She did react, and then stayed quiet when I was trying to converse with her.

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
1. Why did you copy this format?
2. What gave you this impression?
I didn't have a reason.
I wasn't that serious. Were you?
Vote: Ro Laren

For viewing and not answering my questions, which helps stagnate the RVS phase.

Town vibes: Marshy, Adum, Kary

Null vibes: J
You're going to have a hard time with me if you're going to play stocker.

is Ro Laren somebody I know?
i think i kno who ro laren is

but i def kno what its like to b an alt and have mad ppl distract town with speculation so i aint gonna snitch
I'll take that as a yes then.

I don't really care beyond knowing whether they can play mafia.
You don't. I was invited here by a friend. I've been playing mafia for ten(ish) years. Is there any reason you didn't speak to me directly, Kary?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, my original vote was only intended to get a reaction. I like to vote people I do not know. Can you expand on the stocker comment? I feel my vote is better placed here.

Unvote; Vote: Xatres

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
damn

and here i was hoping ro was going to play the entire game posting other peoples posts verbatim

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That would have been funny. Any thoughts Marshy?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
that i dont kno if ro laren is an alt or not and it doesnt matter and shouldnt b discussed. i dont want another mafia sleepover where ppl waste a bunch of time speculating over dumb ****

id also like to know the meaning of stocker

exhausted. might reread tomorrow cuz i just skimmed. peace

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
damn

and here i was hoping ro was going to play the entire game posting other peoples posts verbatim
I would have if you guys posted more!

I meant stalker. It's a term for players that keep tabs on other players' online status and activity in other games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see. I thought you were referring to me as George Stocker. I just googled Stock + Star Trek due to your avatar. Got it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw guys throw random votes around and actually play the game here

i really dont wanna play activity police but this start is weak and we have less than a week to lynch. and this thread is prolly gonna die on the weekend so we have like tomorrow and thursday to really churn content out before we wait til tuesday to lynch someone

Vinylic. Vinylic.
adumbrodeus adumbrodeus
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

Ro Laren

Smash Apprentice
Vote: Xatres

I'm on board with what Ranmaru said earlier. Every vote is informative, but voting a non-player is basically not voting at all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Weird I had this thread on to notify me.

vote: J

Ran why list Nulls at all right now?

Marshy what up, wanna help me lynch some mafia?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was giving my general thoughts on the players that have already posted, that is why I included J even though there are other nulls since others have yet to post.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Folks around here do have the tendency to stalk, usually to get pressure those who only read and haven't talked. Usually not a good idea otherwise, I assume? Ro Laren Ro Laren

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vinyl I want to see you vote someone too.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
threads lookin better. lets keep a pace throughout the dayphase

skimmed more will b here tomorrow

peace out homies

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to sleep. Good night thread.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
btw guys throw random votes around and actually play the game here

i really dont wanna play activity police but this start is weak and we have less than a week to lynch. and this thread is prolly gonna die on the weekend so we have like tomorrow and thursday to really churn content out before we wait til tuesday to lynch someone

Vinylic. Vinylic.
adumbrodeus adumbrodeus
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
Would love to, life kiiiiinda kicking my ass atm though.

I'm gonna blame Eric since he isn't in this game and therefore can't object :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So as an fyi for my activity. It will be sporadic from like 9-5 because I will be looking at this in between clients and sometimes on the weekends, but those are usually pretty hectic for me as of late.

=====

There's nothing really indicative to note as of yet. Only things that have stuck out to me would be Ro Laren's vote onto Xatres due to the nature of how it was brought about seems a bit weird.

ranmaru ranmaru : I can give you all the right vibrations. ;) Though I want you to talk to me about Ro Laren's vote with you onto Xatres.

If you were someone I knew, pretending to be new, would you stop just because I asked you to?
Quick hit, what was the point of this question besides to just be confusing? Also I don't really like it when people answer a question with another question.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Quick hit, what was the point of this question besides to just be confusing? Also I don't really like it when people answer a question with another question.
It's not confusing from my point of view.

My question is rhetorical. I'm showing a possible situation where asking Ro Laren directly about themselves doesn't get me a useful answer (because they want to keep the anonymity of having an alt account).

That possibility explains why I asked in general rather than directly.

This **** really isn't important.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There's nothing really indicative to note as of yet. Only things that have stuck out to me would be Ro Laren's vote onto Xatres due to the nature of how it was brought about seems a bit weird.

ranmaru ranmaru : I can give you all the right vibrations. ;) Though I want you to talk to me about Ro Laren's vote with you onto Xatres.
I want to know why this situation (w.r.t. bolded) seems weird to you. It can wait until after Ranmaru gets back to you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd prefer to wait till Ran speaks, but if needed I can say why. I would just like Ran's opinion first is all.

And regarding the other post, that's what I meant. It was not an important question and seemed more RVS'y when it seemed the conversation was moving elsewhere. I'll drop it though because it's a dead end conversation. I guess the question I was trying to ask was "Why the pointless conjecture?" in more words then I needed to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see nothing weird about it. The only mishap I see is that she didn't mention anything about Xatres until after Marshy implored everyone to throw votes around. She's null but I'm interested in seeing more content from her. I saw her questioning Kary so I was going to let that play out before I develop a read.

Maven89

Smash Master
So as an fyi for my activity. It will be sporadic from like 9-5 because I will be looking at this in between clients
Jay is a prostitute confirmed

Vote Count:

Ro Laren (1):
Adumbrodeus

Red Ryu (1):
Vinylic.

Xatres (3):
Ro Laren, Ranmaru, Kary

Ranmaru (1):
Marshy Dog

Marshy (1) :
J

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I want to know why this situation (w.r.t. bolded) seems weird to you. It can wait until after Ranmaru gets back to you.
To me, Ro Laren's vote looks like a tag-a-long vote. Not inherently scummy, but weird as I cited earlier.

Vote: Xatres

I'm on board with what Ranmaru said earlier. Every vote is informative, but voting a non-player is basically not voting at all.
It's exactly what Ranmaru stated for the vote on Xatres. Plus why are we using an RVS vote against the mod as precedence to vote Xatres? Is there another reason for the vote or is just a literal copy/pasta of what Ran stated?

Top Bottom