• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bark, Quack, Boom! The Duck Hunt Subforum's First Ditto Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
RIGHT NOW!

I may not be able to do it tomorrow, but if I did, it's be like at 4pm ish. (9pm your time I think? I'm EST)

Otherwise, mostly anytime friday works for me =]

@ Croi Croi vs Expay (may need to be in the Skype group since Expay never told me his SB account).
@ThatGuyYouMightKnow vs @[SKS] Yung Lamppost

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I've told Expay to get on Smashboards for tourney stuff, since everyone has an account but not everyone is on the skype. If he does not comply by today, I'm DQ'ing him, as he seems to not care as much about the pre-established schedule.

Croi Croi , he mentioned also trying to contact you before through Skype as well. Check there again for any PM's or contact requests.

@ThatGuyYouMightKnow or @[SKS] Yung Lamppost, any communication at all? It's almost been a week.

Croi

Smash Lord
It was one hell of a hard fought battle, but I clutched it out against Expay 3 to 1.

See you in November for Grand Finals!

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
I've told Expay to get on Smashboards for tourney stuff, since everyone has an account but not everyone is on the skype. If he does not comply by today, I'm DQ'ing him, as he seems to not care as much about the pre-established schedule.

Croi Croi , he mentioned also trying to contact you before through Skype as well. Check there again for any PM's or contact requests.

@ThatGuyYouMightKnow or @[SKS] Yung Lamppost, any communication at all? It's almost been a week.
I've been trying to get a hold of @ThatGuyYouMightKnow but he hasn't gotten back to me in this past week

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Aww man, I wish I could join in.

I loved Expay's frisbee to down air combo when near the edge (it didn't work due to DHD's air time but it would certainly nonce a whole bunch of other characters). I had wondered why he dropped rather than jumped but the execution was beautiful. Croi just about survived but I certainly did not see that move coming (I'm going to see if I can copy it at some point).

I loved seeing all the frisbee to forward air combos.

Edit: (I think Expay's main issues were too many attempts at down airs - which for DHD are very slow and vulnerable - and too much focus on using aerials on cans/can control which also left him vulnerable. If a can is non-compliant, leave it and fight with other tools. You should rather focus on hitting the opponent into the can, rather than the can into the opponent. That can is responsible for so many accidents and deaths it should be considered an illegal substance...)

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I had to DQ you @ThatGuyYouMightKnow =[. Sorry, but it's been more than a week, and in the rules I made, my original intention was 2 days between rounds.

Croi

Smash Lord
If Duck Hunt is changed tomorrow with the Mario Maker patch, it'll be really unfair to the players that had lost since the game was changed mid-tourney :/

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
If Duck Hunt is changed tomorrow with the Mario Maker patch, it'll be really unfair to the players that had lost since the game was changed mid-tourney :/
Something that really couldn't be helped honestly, with the way the tourney was scheduled. Luckily any changes won't matter a large amount since its dittos, and Duck Hunt's playstyle should stay the same. At least it's only a free, online tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom