• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Barbara the Bat: Our Final Concert! Vote now!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
See unlike Zero Suit Samus, being "sexy" actually makes sense since it's a part of her personality.

See Barbara thinks she's hot stuff and has quite the ego. So it makes sense that she dresses that way. It doesn't really match Samus' quiet and serious personality.

Barbara has a "I-don't-give-a-damn" look she pulls off very well. She's all "Yeah I'm awesome. You're a loser."

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
With Little Mac being promoted as an assist trophy to a playable fighter, I hope Barbara is promoted as well. If it doesn't happen...
...there's always Brawl Vault...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Did you guys know Barbara is an unlockable character in Daigasso Band Bros. P? Yeah normally in the game you play as yourself, but there's a way you can play as Miss Barbara herself!

Believe it or not this is the first time Barbara is "playable" in any game.

Oh more interesting facts about the character, she was the Magic Store owner in Master of Illusion.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Did you guys know Barbara is an unlockable character in Daigasso Band Bros. P? Yeah normally in the game you play as yourself, but there's a way you can play as Miss Barbara herself!

Believe it or not this is the first time Barbara is "playable" in any game.

Oh more interesting facts about the character, she was the Magic Store owner in Master of Illusion.

Good news? Probably.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Alright! I got you guys down. Thanks for the support!

Also I had an idea for some alternate colors. Look at this.

Her colors could be based off of the different colored guitars she has for sale. The appearance of her guitar would match as well.
It would also be funny if one of her alt colors matches the coloration of Rouge The Bat (white head and pink top).
As for the moves, I think a breakdance spinning kick that looks vaguely like the helicopter spinning kick of Chun Li would be purrfect.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
No one saw Barbara as an Assist in the Demo. Who knows what that could mean. Hopefully she hasn't been completely removed from the game. I'd find that hard to believe seeing how she just had a new game come out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
No one saw Barbara as an Assist in the Demo. Who knows what that could mean. Hopefully she hasn't been completely removed from the game. I'd find that hard to believe seeing how she just had a new game come out.
As much as I hate to say this... Objection.
I saw Barbara the Bat as an Assist Trophy.
During E3 (Day 2 or 3, I forget) during one of the intervals to another game, where we see a round where Light-Blue DK Wins. Seconds before the victory screen, you can see the same effects from Barbara's SSBB Assist Trophy, and I did see Barbara's cap in the middle of it, but a player was standing in the way of the Assist. At first I thought it was someone else from the DBB series, so I went to Best Buy, and I saw her there as an Assist Trophy. I can't provide Proof, because not only did noone in the session I saw Barbara have a Camera, but also because my Computer's resolution is terrible, and you probably wouldn't be able to see anything if I tried Screen-shotting the E3 spotting, since I watched the Livestream on my Sister's Laptop.
I'm sorry to say, but... I think Barbara the Bat is De-Confirmed.
R.I.P.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The leak was a lie and the Chorus Kids are no longer a threat!

Huzzah!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Barbara the Bat's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Definitely a Ranger in my moveset since she shoots out soundwaves and hits people with her guitar. She'd have good range that way.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus has just surpassed her (and Krystal) in scantly clothing:

The "too sexy" argument has been invalidated.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Barbara may still be in the running to be playable, folks! As long as Sakurai doesn't have anything to say about that, of course.....:smirk:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I could get behind her.... if she wasn't deconfirmed. A buddy of mine went up to play the Smash e3 demo and got Barbara the bat. No pictures (of course) but his word of mouth is good enough for me.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I could get behind her.... if she wasn't deconfirmed. A buddy of mine went up to play the Smash e3 demo and got Barbara the bat. No pictures (of course) but his word of mouth is good enough for me.
The suspension of disbelief in you strong is. Controlled by it you must not.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well, it's very possible this person is telling the truth. I'm not going to be bitter once we see a de-confirmation, I was just trying to excite the idea of having this character and maybe get a few fans.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well atleast she's still in the game. Too bad... Thanks for the support guys.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's pretty much Rock Band with a personality. The game makes you go through all the ropes of being a rockstar including signing contracts and making shady deals! You work with Barbara as you try to rise in fame... with tomatoes as currency?! Yes a currency that rots over time! It's pretty silly, and when you fail, there's none of that "Too Bad Try Again" stuff. Barbara's going to chew you out! It's like you're actually working for her, which is part of the fun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Should be open now.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Anyone here voted for Barbara in the Smash Ballot yet? I personally think she, alongside Isaac,(Golden Sun) and Ray (MK III) (Custom Robo) are the most likely ATs to be promoted to playable status along with Little Mac.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Anyone here voted for Barbara in the Smash Ballot yet? I personally think she, alongside Isaac,(Golden Sun) and Ray (MK III) (Custom Robo) are the most likely ATs to be promoted to playable status along with Little Mac.

Is she still an AT or did she stop being one like Isaac?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Is she still an AT or did she stop being one like Isaac?
Believe it or not, she is NOT an AT, and what's more, she actually appears as a trophy! (3DS-exclusive, though.) But still, at least she's got that going for her unlike Isaac and Ray. Heck, like Isaac, (and Golden Sun in general) she has a song from her series available for the Gamer stage on the Wii U version. So she seems likely as a DLC character, right?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Glad to see people still on board! Let's spread some love for this star in the making!

Look at some of this awesome fanart of our favorite badass bat!

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Honestly I'm hoping for something. She's not even an assist anymore.

Anyway whatever we get, I want there to be more Barbara fans in general.

Oh yeah, I'm back guys. How have you been?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hey everyone! I tried updating the first post with a better description of the character plus moveset ideas. I'll keep updating, just let me know what you think! Thanks!

Top Bottom