• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned from Smash 4 Online

KemonoNemesis

Smash Rookie
NNID
NemesisAstarotte
I normally don't play For Glory or Tournament Mode often, but every time I tried to play them to pass the time, I found no one. At first I thought it was connection problems until I ran across a few people changing their tags to "BANNED" or "Ban Servers". I didn't even do anything to get banned in the first place. Is there a certain amount of time until that ban is lifted? Or is it permanently? I highly doubt it's permanently because there weren't a lot of people on.

1FC0

Smash Lord
You can get banned for playing too good. I am banned too. I hope it is temporary every says it is but I have not been unbanned yet.

KemonoNemesis

Smash Rookie
NNID
NemesisAstarotte

1FC0

Smash Lord
Well it is only seculated that it is a banning system.
However the avarage skill of the people that I do encounter has gone way up since I have been getting this and some people report seeing more offensive profiles.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Only a small part of the people I see in banland have offensive profiles. Most are just more skilled.

That makes me think that of all the "violations" playing too good is the one that gets the most people banned.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Most of my bans have been anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes (but who's really gonna wait 60 minutes to get online again? The Wii U turns itself off by the time that time limit is over).

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I think I have this on the 3ds version because every time I try to go online it says "couldn't connect to server" a bunch of times in a row.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Being banned for being "too good" is kinda silly, I consider myself above average, winning a few online tourneys, and even attended and placed high in some locals offline, and I play for glory every day for at least an hour or 30 minutes. I have never been banned. however I have been falsely reported on Miiverse.

My guess is that you guys are getting false reported from sore losers, even if they may have won the majority of the set, they could be mad because you messed up their record, or did something to annoy them a lot.

I'm not sure how the reporting system works to get someone banned off for glory, but I would hope there is a way to state your case, or defend yourself. because it seems stupid to just report someone and then get them banned, without any reason

KemonoNemesis

Smash Rookie
NNID
NemesisAstarotte
Being banned for being "too good" is kinda silly, I consider myself above average, winning a few online tourneys, and even attended and placed high in some locals offline, and I play for glory every day for at least an hour or 30 minutes. I have never been banned. however I have been falsely reported on Miiverse.

My guess is that you guys are getting false reported from sore losers, even if they may have won the majority of the set, they could be mad because you messed up their record, or did something to annoy them a lot.

I'm not sure how the reporting system works to get someone banned off for glory, but I would hope there is a way to state your case, or defend yourself. because it seems stupid to just report someone and then get them banned, without any reason
I just find it odd that a lot of people are going through the same thing around this time of the month.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I just find it odd that a lot of people are going through the same thing around this time of the month.
it could be a bug in the latest patch. maybe it will get fixed soon once people start reporting it to Nintendo.

I have a crew called HM (Hero Mode), we are chill, and pretty skilled people. you could friend us and we can get a room started for some games, if you ever want to find some people to play with. :)

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
it could be a bug in the latest patch. maybe it will get fixed soon once people start reporting it to Nintendo.

I have a crew called HM (Hero Mode), we are chill, and pretty skilled people. you could friend us and we can get a room started for some games, if you ever want to find some people to play with. :)
i don't think its a bug, rather I think nintendo finally started issuing out the "bans" on people after the last patch.

Something tells me they waited until the most recent patch to finally include a way to "punish" players for "bad" behavior. I have a feeling this whole system didn't exist until recently, the reporting feature didn't ever really do anything before, it was however keeping count of the reports. even though nintendo had a report system in place, they couldn't settle on a way to punish players originally with it, without causing a lot more backlash...so they waited things out, and finally came up with the idea of sending any players with enough reports on em, to a separate server that only allows them to get connected with other "banned" Players. This way they still technically get to play the game against others online.

That's what I'm guessing anyhow. it would seem weird to be a bug that does end after a set amount of days(10) and yet can somehow come back later and you're locked out for another 10.

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
I definitely noticed this being a recent thing. I have it too. It happened to me as soon as I started playing after 1.1.0 came around.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
According to this thread, it's been happening as far back as May. http://smashboards.com/threads/why-am-i-keep-playing-against-the-same-people.404378/

I've been in 3DS hell for three sentences. The first time happened about two months ago. During this time I saw a reddit post about the similar problems and they determined it was the banned feature (since they were on the Wii U, sharing 'banned' tags. Up to this point, I had played 8,000 matches and not been banned before (but I lifted my win ratio from 70 to 90, making more people salty).

I was there for seven days and was out.

Then, a little over two weeks later, I was banned again by a lag-switcher no less. Fortunately, my sentence was reduced because patch 1.1.0 freed me from reported hell.

But I'm banned again now. I like the opportunity to randomly play the best players on the 3DS, there is much too learn, but they're only about 1/3rd of those in reported hell, and there are usually 0-4 people playing in reported hell at a time.

I'm just vowing not to give Nintendo any money until this resolves itself. I would like to buy a Wii U, but I know I can be sent to reported hell their too, which would essentially brick the console in my eyes. This is a violation of consumer confidence.

Last edited:

KemonoNemesis

Smash Rookie
NNID
NemesisAstarotte

I would love to play with your crew sometime :)

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo is giving online maintenance this Monday. Hopefully this issue will be addressed.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Im have not been banned, and i have been playing alot of Fg (too much if ya ask me..)

Does this mean i am suck and are a scrub? hmm.. :/

Last edited:

Dakken The Destroyer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrShadex
3DS FC
5086-4492-4962
I'm having this problem and have been having it since a few days ago. I don't roll every 3 seconds, I don't spam moves and I don't taunt after I win but, somehow, I was banned. At first I thought it was connection issues but my younger brother, who has a 2DS, does not have any problems with connectivity. Does anyone know why this occurs?

Magik

Smash Rookie
I'm having this problem and have been having it since a few days ago. I don't roll every 3 seconds, I don't spam moves and I don't taunt after I win but, somehow, I was banned. At first I thought it was connection issues but my younger brother, who has a 2DS, does not have any problems with connectivity. Does anyone know why this occurs?
I can only speculate...it may have something to do with the fact that you play Sonic and people don't like your playstyle. You did nothing wrong. Sadly you will have to wait it out, perhaps up to 2 weeks. Try not to get reported in banland, that will only extend your stay in it.

Dakken The Destroyer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrShadex
3DS FC
5086-4492-4962
I can only speculate...it may have something to do with the fact that you play Sonic and people don't like your playstyle. You did nothing wrong. Sadly you will have to wait it out, perhaps up to 2 weeks. Try not to get reported in banland, that will only extend your stay in it.
Ahhh well, I guess I'll have to stop playing for a few days then. I honestly didn't know you could report people on the 3DS

Thorina

Smash Rookie
Starting to wonder if I'm in some variation of banland too. I can find people pretty easily, but yesterday two players left the room only to be immediately matched with me again, which has never happened before. Also I'm starting to recognize a lot of people to the point that I remember what characters they play. There's also this one guy that disconnects every time he sees my name, even if he's already on the "OK" waiting screen. I only have 3DS, so I don't know if the 3DS version just has less people playing, or I'm being blocked by a lot of people, or both. Anyone that plays 3ds, do you get matched with the same people often? Otherwise I guess I've somehow found my way into banland, lol.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Starting to wonder if I'm in some variation of banland too. I can find people pretty easily, but yesterday two players left the room only to be immediately matched with me again, which has never happened before. Also I'm starting to recognize a lot of people to the point that I remember what characters they play. There's also this one guy that disconnects every time he sees my name, even if he's already on the "OK" waiting screen. I only have 3DS, so I don't know if the 3DS version just has less people playing, or I'm being blocked by a lot of people, or both. Anyone that plays 3ds, do you get matched with the same people often? Otherwise I guess I've somehow found my way into banland, lol.
It's happened to me before where they'll leave and come back. Or I'll leave and run into them again.

But you'll know your banned when it's constantly the same people.
Here's a video I took showing what being banned is like on Wii U.
https://youtu.be/6TzHYCtEwQA

Thorina

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just noticed something. I went to look at my records in game today and went into "Stats" as well, and next to "Midbattle Dropouts" it says 41. 41 dropouts?! I've literally never intentionally disconnected once, and the only times I'm sure it was me is when my power went out while playing, which was maybe 4 times max. Otherwise, every time the game froze was during the last few seconds of the match when the person was about to lose, or during laggy team battles when someone's disconnected. Regardless, my internet has definitely not gone out 41 times. This seems to mean that all players in a match get counted for "dropping out" if one person does. Would this possibly partly explain why a lot of people seem to be getting onto banned servers?

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Hi guys guess I'm part of the special bans club. And yes I can testify ever since the ban, every player i've encountered on for glory (though it takes awhile) is very good. Glad to see nintendo's report system rewarding insecure scrubs who get their ass whooped.

Erick Mii

Smash Rookie
Can someone help I think I'm banned for know reason can someone tell me how much time does it take to not get bannef

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Please don't necropost. Normally you get a timer, and once that timer runs out you can play again. I don't know of anybody that has been perma-banned, excluding the patched glitch-bans from shooting spawnabble items such as Turnips, Bombs, or Banana Peels. In short words, wait, it shouldn't last for long.

And if it happens that you indeed got perma-banned, please MP me with EVERYTHING you did. I will test all of it part by part until I get banned, so we can narrow down what exactly caused the perm-ban. By nature, I want to know as a glitch is likely to be involved, plus I completely deserve to be perma-banned from online Smash 3ds, so I'm the perfect tester for this.

Last edited:

Denisemielke1460

Smash Rookie
I am very upset. I got banned for no reason. I am a fair player, i dont do cheap shots or talk **** or taunt anyone and now im banned. I called up the nintendo support and they even said tough ****. Wtf is going on?

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I am very upset. I got banned for no reason. I am a fair player, i dont do cheap shots or talk **** or taunt anyone and now im banned. I called up the nintendo support and they even said tough ****. Wtf is going on?
Honestly you don't have to deal with FG's horrible system, you can get a lot better matches on discord and matchmaking servers

Top Bottom