• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned from online

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
So I just got banned from online after playing a set with a player. I was nice he was rude. Namecalling and all that. I beat him very hard though. After the set he switched his tag to reported! And yeah I got banned immediately after. Now I understand its annoying to play versus mega man but thats not my fault! Do you mega players get banned from time to time from fake reports from salty players? Granted my pellet game is so good right now it must be really annoying for my opponents. But I feel this next level of pellet tech has got me numerous reports from angry players. Im always nice online and play a professional way so this ban almost feels like a illegal move from Nintendos part.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I haven't been banned before, but I really hate running into sore losers. It's even more hilarious when they unplug their Internet connection.
Mega Man's annoying to fight against, but at least he's fair to fight against. He isn't broken or cheap in any way.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
I plan on doing it soon, might need video to show otherwise it might be hard to understand. its important because when you learn how to pellet and if you have good smash fundamentals Mega Man turns into a super viable char. Its not hard to learn after you understand the inputs. A few hours and your golden. I think why not many people know and use these techs are because its not really how you input button presses in a smash game its more like 'Just Frame' inputs like in Soul Calibur.

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
I plan on doing it soon, might need video to show otherwise it might be hard to understand. its important because when you learn how to pellet and if you have good smash fundamentals Mega Man turns into a super viable char. Its not hard to learn after you understand the inputs. A few hours and your golden. I think why not many people know and use these techs are because its not really how you input button presses in a smash game its more like 'Just Frame' inputs like in Soul Calibur.

is it just the whole
jab->shorthop
thing?

where ur hopping around and lemoning?

and you can nair too?

and then if you land one, you fire all 3?

i have trouble here

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Wreck33 Wreck33 did you got banned as in "you can't play for the next 10 minutes" or are you getting into rooms where no one appears?

Cause the first never happened to me, but i have been sent to the so called FG HELL.
You get reported a lot of times, say, cause people dislike Megaman "spamming projectiles", you get thrown into this server where only other people who were also reported a lot can see and fight you.

Anyways, just the evils of FG mode. Try to find someone online in a Facebook/discord group or something till your ban is over.
Sucks but not much we can do, no matchmaking does that for online play.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
The funniest people are those who refuse to approach even if we're in the lead as Mega Man. And once you win, the onslaught of names just rains down on you. Zoning them out with metal blade and pellets always gets a laugh out of me. And the counterpick to Mario is when you know you got into their head and made them angry. That said, i have not been banned ever in my history of playing For Glory. I have had many names thrown at me though if that counts for anything

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
I got put in for Glory hell. Funny place in a way. Players are either big big trolls there or really really good. The good ones obviously demoted to the hell server for making people salty and reporting them. How on earth can Nintendo have a report system that bans people without evidence. If you get enough reports on your account you get banned no matter if you did anything or not. Played both the best Lucas and ZSS player there I ever experienced in online play.

Last edited:

glenn

Smash Cadet
Yep, same exact thing happened to me. He was a Corrin player, and I bodied him. Immediately changed his tag to 'REPORTED' and then did one more match where he SD'd immediately, just to make sure I saw it. Afterwards he bailed.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I got put in for Glory hell. Funny place in a way. Players are either big big trolls there or really really good. The good ones obviously demoted to the hell server for making people salty and reporting them. How on earth can Nintendo have a report system that bans people without evidence. If you get enough reports on your account you get banned no matter if you did anything or not. Played both the best Lucas and ZSS player there I ever experienced in online play.
Yeah, same thing for me. I mostly got trollsand mayne 1 good person. Dont keep playing tho, The trolls will report you and extend your ban time. Play online with friends, stay out of for fun/glory till you are freed.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha this is by far the most broken report system in a game ever.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, its pretty sad. Don't be afraid to call nintendo and complain, be polite and explain you paid for the game and aren't using any exploits. It won't fix your issue, but a lot of people have already complained to it'd be nice to get them to listen, as you said its a terrible way to do things.

That said, For Glory isn't a great way to train anyways. The players aren't often any good, the connections are random (stop matching me with people from Mexico damnit! nothing against their scene, its just too far), and worst of all you only get FD. At a real tournament, there is a pretty good chance you will only have one round at FD, or even no rounds.. so playing only FD gets you into bad habits. Which is a problem, because Megaman takes great advantage of platform stages. On a battlefield layout, uair becomes much better, forcing them to re-land or go all the way around the plats is pure zoning glory.

Anyways, I got distracted.

If you don't read the post, just take this part to your heart. Smashladder is a better way to train, it gives you more stages + tournament rules, and the players rank from low level FG style all the way to the best players. Notable players present include The Wall, Wrath, and many I'm definitely forgetting.

Smashladder.com

Run by Anther, old smash name if you knew it. Great Pikachu.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Your story pisses me off. Entitled loser players that think they're masters and refuse to accept that they're not great at the one thing they're probably best at.

Cuz I've been banned 4 times and 3 of those times were cuz of Ness. This one player was namecalling me, calling me a spammer and Ness cheap. I told him to pick Ness and that I gauranteed he would lose to my Game and Watch. Of course, the coward didn't do it.

But that's the type of people who report. Spoiled brats who, rather than blame themselves, they find someone else to blame.

In the words of Rocky Balboa
"Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!"

Simply put, reporters, spam complainers, character complainers, and just plain complainers in general, they're cowards and in my opinion, the biggest losers.

Megamang

Smash Lord
With how lemons and Uair works, I think its only a matter of time till you get reported for playing Megaman well.

Smashladder.com yo, best way to train bar none. Great players on there such as Dabuz, The_Wall, etc etc.

And even more players around the silver/bronze level, so don't be intimitadated by big names.

Megamang

Smash Lord
If only we shot limes, we'd be the perfect accompaniment to a tequila shot.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Banned again! This time after a JV3 for glory game vs a Falcon player. I didn't taunt after nor switch to any offensive or make fun of tag. We played just the one game. Immediately after I was sent to for glory hell. Beyond frustrating and again it feels almost illegal from Nintendos part. I payed for this game! I will upload the game here. How does one use the youtube upload feature in game?

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Banned again! This time after a JV3 for glory game vs a Falcon player. I didn't taunt after nor switch to any offensive or make fun of tag. We played just the one game. Immediately after I was sent to for glory hell. Beyond frustrating and again it feels almost illegal from Nintendos part. I payed for this game! I will upload the game here. How does one use the youtube upload feature in game?
Once you save the replay, you can go to your replay page in Vault. Once you click on the replay you want to see, you can upload it to Miiverse and YouTube.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman

Ok so here is the game.. immediately after the game I was banned.
How on earth can you get banned from salty scrubs without looking at the evidence??!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I eat sore losers for lunch. They don't know a damn thing about having fun, which is sad.
It sucks that you got banned for nothing, Good thing I don't play Smash very often (other than casual play).

Ok so here is the game.. immediately after the game I was banned.
How on earth can you get banned from salty scrubs without looking at the evidence??!
That's REAL style right there. If that ain't style, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I haven't played any good Mega Man players, but I've recently seen ScAtt use those damn lemon pellets, and they look so annoying. Still, it's stupid to get banned, just because someone is saltier than the Dead Sea. I wonder if you could report back.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Lemons are super annoying so I understand high level of salt. But that is possible to report people and that it has an effect is just mind blowing.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
This is me at this moment.

Is it even worth it? Coming across players that either have awful internet, play really lame, and/or act extremely immature that end up blocking/reporting you.

Offline>With Friends Online>>>>4 Glory>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tourney Mode.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's the main reason why I don't waste my time playing For Glory everyday. Playing with friends and family is way more enjoyable.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
This is so true, I just cycle through til I find someone good enough to play and then get some matches in.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
I usually stick to anther's ladder more now. Even though it has two bans on stages when counterpicks become available. Can't get DL64 or BF most of the time unfortunately so i stick with FD or T&C when i counterpick unless it's a specific character that benefits on both of them. I more or less force tri platforms by banning both SV and T&C and then it's either FD or BF/DL64 since not many people pick Lylat/ Duck Hunt

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
Your story pisses me off. Entitled loser players that think they're masters and refuse to accept that they're not great at the one thing they're probably best at.

Cuz I've been banned 4 times and 3 of those times were cuz of Ness. This one player was namecalling me, calling me a spammer and Ness cheap. I told him to pick Ness and that I gauranteed he would lose to my Game and Watch. Of course, the coward didn't do it.

But that's the type of people who report. Spoiled brats who, rather than blame themselves, they find someone else to blame.

In the words of Rocky Balboa
"Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!"

Simply put, reporters, spam complainers, character complainers, and just plain complainers in general, they're cowards and in my opinion, the biggest losers.
This comment deserves 5/5 stars for being so true

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Ayyyy time to bump this thread.

Dude, I main olimar and I feel you, I get those butthurt losers who don't understand the character and get Salty (and try to Counter-pick me with Samus or Duck hunt which is hilarious btw), either learn from it or get off For Glory, simple as that.

Btw, I really love the Olimar Megaman MU, its so fun to see both players giving it their all to see who can Out Pressure the other.

Top Bottom