• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie spirits?

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Persona received 13 spirits. 5 primary, 6 supports and 2 fighters. With that in mind, who do you think will appear in Banjo-Kazooie DLC spirits?

I have two takes:

VERSION 1 - BANJO-KAZOOIE UNIVERSE

Fighter Spirits
1 - Banjo the Bear
2 - Kazooie the Breegull

Primary Spirits
1 - Mumbo Jumbo and Humba Wumba (Female and male Robin)
2 - Gruntilda (Bayonetta)
3 - Bottles (Diddy Kong)
4 - Jamjars (Snake)
5 - Klungo (Donkey Kong)

Support Spirits
1 - Gobi (Duck Hunt?)
2 - Canary Mary (Zero Suit Samus)
3 - Chilli Billi and Chilly Willy (Charizard and Ridley)
4 - Honey B. (Daisy)
5 - Captain Blubber (Captain Falcon)
6 - Brentilda (Peach)

VERSION 2 - RARE SPIRITS

Fighter Spirits
1 - Banjo & Kazooie (N64 design)
2 - Banjo & Kazooie (Nuts n Bolts design)

Primary Spirits
1 - Conker (Pikachu)
2 - Gruntilda (Bayonetta)
3 - Joanna Dark (Zero Suit Samus)
4 - Battletoads (Greninja)
5 - Jago (Ryu)

Support Spirits
1 - Mumbo Jumbo (Robin)
2 - Berri (Isabelle)
3 - Orchid (Wii Fit Trainer)
4 - Wizpig (Wario)
5 - Elvis (Dark Samus)
6 - Cooper (Shulk)

Who do you want/expect to see?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I know very little about spirits, but perhaps when Banjo & Kazooie are released, I'll dive into them. I think the big characters from the Banjo-Kazooie franchise would be Mumbo Jumbo, Gruntilda and Bottles (especially since all three appear in their trailer) as well as Klungo. They've all appeared in both games. After them I could see , Brentilda, Jam Jars, and Humba Wumba. I could see some Nuts & Bolts characters, especially L.O.G.

When it comes to Rare franchises, those most closely associated I could see coming, such as Conker, Taj, Wizpig (Diddy Kong Racing). After that, Joanna Dark and Battletoads. Rare may want to advertise Sea of Thieves--not sure if they would ask for that, or if Sakurai would accept that. Banjo & Kazooie being confirmed definitely lends credence towards Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps having spirits, so they are rhe ones I'm the most certain of. And perhaps we get general Microsoft content--if the Minecraft rumor is true, Steve and/or Creeper. Maybe Master Chief?

Knowing very little about how spirits work, and simply thinking of the best closely related characters, those are who I have in mind.

andree123

Smash Ace
Here is my own take on Banjo's spirit board
1. Banjo & Kazooie (fighter)
2. Kazooie (banjo-kazooie) - :ultfalco:
3. Kazooie (Hatch) (banjo-kazooie) - :ultkirby: and :ultfalco:
4. Mumbo Jumbo (banjo-kazooie) - :ultswordfighter:
5. Gruntilda (banjo-kazooie) - :ultwario: (upgrades into skeleton Gruntilda)
6. Jinjo (banjo-kazooie) - :ultyoshi:
7. Juno (jet force gemini) - :ultgunner:
8. Vela (jet force gemini) - :ultgunner:
9. Lupus (jet force gemini) - :ultduckhunt:
10. J-bomb (blast crops) - :ultfalcon:
11. Backlash (blast crops) - Summon
12. Ramdozer (blast crops) - Summon
13. Banjo, Mumbo jumbo, and Kazooie (banjo-kazooie) - :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultswordfighter:, and :ultfalco: (upgrades into Mumbo and Kazooie in Banjo's backpack)
EDIT:
67134.png

It fits well with my prediction.

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Do Jet Force Gemini and Blast Crops realistically deserve 3 spirits each tho?

One aspect we HAVE to consider regarding B-K spirits: The characters MUST have their own renders/official artwork. Actually only a few of the N64 games' characters had them; Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo, Gruntilda, Brentilda, Jinjo and Tiptup. (Surprisingly, Bottles didn't have one!) Others have nuts and bolts artwork: Klungo, Humba Wumba, Jolly Roger, among others, hell even Mr. Fit. I wonder how they'll do it, with the Mother series they used in-game sprits but it'll be hard to do the same with the N64 models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom