• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Now that the presentation is over, I looked at the rumors—seems like they jumped the gun not knowing Xbox was only showing games for the next 12 months. Which is a ridiculous thing to gloat about—people complain about far off announcements, but when you have nothing this year, just a couple long-term announcements helps balance things out.

Those posting the rumors I feel are trusted sources, just wish it hadn’t been rumored so early. And I disagree with everyone hoping they jump immediately to Threeie. Crash already showed how to bring a 90s classic back. Focus all the energy in capturing the essence of the original in a remake, a remaster of Kazooie and Tooie would be great. Then use that engine to make a Threeie, so you don’t have to divide the time between both recapturing the essence of the original and coming up with new stuff all at once. Plus it’ll be nice to have all three games looking similar without a huge jump in graphical quality.

Could the rumors be wrong? Absolutely. But this is the most I’ve heard about the potential for something Banjo-Kazooie in a while and I’m hopeful, again. Probably a mistake.

How I’d do it: Have a Banjo-Redooie remaster of the first two games. Then make Banjo-Theeie. Both on both Xbox and Nintendo, since a giant share of the audience is still with Nintendo but could gradually migrate over if done right.

Then have a kart racer with Crash, Spyro, Banjo & Kazooie in the vein of Diddy Kong Racing mixed with Banjo-Pilot—even better if there’s a partnership with Nintendo to make it a full sequel to Diddy Kong Racing. Make Banjo & Kazooie Xbox’s Mario to have a family friendly icon that appeals to a wide audience. The road map is already there—Xbox just needs the confidence to do it.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Apparently Goldeneye was being rumored yesterday as well as Banjo. Banjo alone would've been cause for skepticism, but Goldeneye on top of that sealed the deal for any chance of believing it.

The games Microsoft showed today aren't bad looking though, just not for me mostly.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently Goldeneye was being rumored yesterday as well as Banjo. Banjo alone would've been cause for skepticism, but Goldeneye on top of that sealed the deal for any chance of believing it.

The games Microsoft showed today aren't bad looking though, just not for me mostly.
Achievements for Goldeneye on Xbox were spotted and being unlocked by various Rare staff so it has that going for it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Achievements for Goldeneye on Xbox were spotted and being unlocked by various Rare staff so it has that going for it.
They may have just not been allowed to release the game to the public since the Bond IP holders are some of the most protective gatekeepy people in the entire entertainment industry. The 360 remaster for Goldeneye looked fantastic, but weren't allowed to release it.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, while the Nintendo Direct last week wasn't anything to write home about for me, personally, seeing GoldenEye 007 make it to Nintendo Switch Online was probably the most surprising reveal in the whole lineup! Making me hopeful that, especially it being a Rare game, that Diddy Kong Racing and ESPECIALLY Banjo-Tooie will eventually make it on the service as well. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I hope it does, though the datamine for N64 NSO makes me think it wasn’t originally planned if it does come. I think there may be one more space for A-D, and I would think Donkey Kong 64 will eventually come if the original Banjo-Kazooie did. Also makes me concerned for Diddy Kong Racing’s chances. Now that the door is open with Microsoft, would love them to bring it back.

Also, speaking of Tooie, BrownMan’s recent play through is skippable. It’s one thing to get annoyed at backtracking and use a guide, it’s another thing to complain incessantly and ignore cut scenes just trying to get it over with. Dude plays video games for a living, people’s dream job, was payed to play that game, and acts like it’s a chore. Then don’t play it to begin with. Simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom