• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is totally random but I just remembered there were Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini spirits datamined years ago.
Did anything ever happen with those? Did any new information about them come out? It seems so weird. Banjo had such a small spirit board and I wonder if they initially intended to do a bunch of Rare spirits like Terry got with all his SNK ones.
Nope. It's more likely that devs planned for them not knowing they didn't own the rights to them everywhere and scrapped them, while bringing them up in negotiation with Microsoft would've meant also paying for the rights to them or awkwardly revealing they were going to put in Rare stuff they didn't own. So it was probably never brought up after being scrapped.
If the JFG twins had any significant demand, they'd certainly be likelier to come with spirits (or an equivalent thereof). It would be a long shot though, since Rash and Conker (and possibly Joanna) do take priority.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It has probably been mentioned once before and in rumors too, But with the very recent release of "Psychonauts 2" anyone else see "Double Fine" as a potential studio for a Banjo-Kazooie reboot?

I've never played the "Psychonauts" series, But I hear the 1st one is good and the 2nd one has been receiving above average reviews, I know it's a somewhat different style compared to BK, But it does show they are very capable of making a quality 3D platformer and that was mostly a crowdfunding project before they were acquired from Microsoft, But it does makes me wonder what they could pull off with a collaboration with "Rare" and the financial backing from Microsoft.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
the render for banjo used on smashboard's background is from a fanmade rip of the smash artwork. you can see the leftover white in kazooie's hair. it should be fixed
I noticed that the first week the background changed, but feel like it’s not going to be changed. There are still people using that Tier Maker with the Banjo & Kazooie mural render with Kazooie’s wings cut off, prior to ElevenZM fixing it. 😂

This might be the last few days or week before we know everyone in Smash. Haven’t been on because of personal reasons, but looking forward to the reveal. See ya’ll on the other side.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hey fellow BK mains! Hope you all have been doing well and staying safe in these crazy times we be living in! Been eagerly awaiting the final fighter of Smash Ultimate as I'm sure you are have been as well. Whoever gets in, I'm just so grateful our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies made it home on the roster where they truly belong. It was a long winding road to get them here but I think it was worth it in the end. I've been slowly working on mastering the entire roster this past year, doing various matchups with every character in an effort to learn the ins and outs of each individual and getting better competitively overall! But my mains will forever be Banjo & Kazooie as you can imagine! You all take care of yourselves as we eagerly reach the finish line with the final fighter. Sakurai and his crew have worked so hard to cater to the fans and I hope whoever gets chosen is someone everyone can enjoy.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey y'all, looking forward to the Direct tomorrow. Not sure if a Smash character will appear in the Direct, since Sakurai said we might have to wait longer than expected, and I could see them announcing the announcement tomorrow and reveal the character in a dedicated direct, as with Byleth. Hoping for something Smash tomorrow.

As for other rumors, I'll spoiler tag it just in case.

With the rumors of Nintendo 64 coming to NSO, I am super excited. I haven't renewed my subscription in over a year because of how little they've been doing with NSO. And unlike Nate, who was the first insider to talk about Nintendo 64 on NSO, I don't think Banjo-Kazooie being on there is all that out there--Microsoft has been close with Nintendo, releasing Ori and Minecraft, Banjo & Kazooie and Steve in Smash Bros, I see no reason not to include Rare games, particularly since Rare is so important for the N64 lineup.

Also, during his predictions, RogersBase mentioned his reason for thinking Banjo-Kazooie would be on there is because there's been rumblings of a small Banjo-Kazooie announcement this week. Has anyone heard anything about that? I keep up on a lot of rumors, and haven't seen those, and searched but didn't come up with anything. Regardless, I feel like it's a no brainer--Nintendo gets more games, Microsoft gets good PR, it's a win-win.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Just popped in to say: BANJO-KAZOOIE FOR THE N64 IS GONNA BE ON THE SWITCH!!! WOOO!!! Seriously, it's gonna be great to know I can take it anywhere go now and I play some good ole BK. Still seems kinda surreal after all this time but the last fighter being revealed Oct. 5; I've really enjoyed most all the characters added and of course the dream itself coming true, or should I say coming home. Glad Nintendo/Microsoft finally made it happen.

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
YO THEY REALLY REVEALED BANJO-KAZOOIE AT THE LAST SECOND LIKE IT WAS NO BIG DEAL?! WAT
I'm gonna be oddly specific here, but it felt like when Ackbar died with little to no fanfare in the Last Jedi... save for the outcome being positive in our situation.

Wait, I forgot to mention that I'm PUMPED AS HELL... being born mere weeks after the buyout, I never thought I'd live to see Banjo's return to Nintendo systems!

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
This is a big deal for me y'all. I never properly played the first one. I was a Banjo Tooie kid believe it or not (hopefully it's coming to NSO too). I was actually trying to justify buying an X-box just so I could play this game, and now I don't have to! Holy crap I hope it's not too long before we get it!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Really cool to finally see N64 games coming to the Nintendo Switch as it was not only my first ever video game console during my childhood, But also happens to be my all time favorite video game console as well.

But if I had to be honest, I probably don't think I'm gonna use it as much seeing I already own an N64 with a sizeable collection of games that I only care about, I also don't really bother at all with NES/SNES online because I already own both "Classic Edition Systems"

But it's really nice to see "Banjo-Kazooie (1998)" make the list for future releases as it futher establishes it as one of the major games and franchises of the N64 era and gives a chance for an entire audience (New and Old) to play it on modern Nintendo hardware for those who don't have an Xbox, Hopefully other Rare classics like Banjo-Tooie and Diddy Kong Racing are coming too as they shouldn't be much of a problem either.

Though I subscribe to NSO by default to play online, I'm definitely gonna give the "Expansion Pack" a try for at least a month once BK comes out to see how it looks and plays, I'm expecting the N64 version and not the XBLA version as it's an N64 emulator, But with minor improvements like higher resolution and framerate.

Also cool to see them bring back the N64 controller, But wonder if they improved and modernized the control stick, Especially if it's gonna be 50 bucks.

If it was up to me I would still rather have an "N64 Classic Edition" because I'm a sucker for mini game consoles with an HDMI port, But still a solid consolation prize with N64 Online, It's just nice to see Banjo-Kazooie not just in Smash, But also games from the franchise officialy on Nintendo hardware again.

This is another major victory we can chalk up alongside Banjo-Kazooie"s guest appearance in Smash, Thanks again to Nintendo, Microsoft/Rare and Phil Spencer.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's hard to think Tomorrow marks the 7th Anniversary of Smash 4's American/European's release. I remember Mega Man being such a big deal.
Especially since 2011 was rough for him and his fans. Castlevania fans also were similarly reeling in 2015 thanks to that pachinko title so the Belmonts making into Smash was also similarly relieving to them, but that is something you clearly already know.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, ladies and gentlemen. This is it. The final fighter reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is just an hour or so away. It's been a long and winding road to get to this moment and a lot of ups and downs with this roster. Honestly, probably one of the hypest newcomer rosters we've gotten in Smash history in my book. The likes of long-time and nostalgic wants like Ridley, Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, and the Dragon Quest Heroes, shocking additions like Joker from Persona, Steve from Minecraft, and freaking Sephiroth, newer characters like Inkling and Min Min, and, of course, the return of my most beloved and treasured video game characters of all time that I never I thought I'd see again, Banjo & Kazooie. Whoever gets revealed today, I hope it'll be a welcomed addition and Sakurai and his crew can finally take the rest and vacation they've more than earned after all their hard work these past few years, even back when they were working on the Wii U & 3DS versions. I'm content knowing at least our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies are finally home where they belong <3

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm so glad that Sora got in, he was one of my most wanted characters despite not playing the games (though soon I will be able to!), but knowing what it would mean for Smash. Though I'm a bit disappointed that Disney wouldn't allow non-KH third party characters in what was essentially a dual character reveal/celebration of characters trailer, one thing I noticed is that celebration of characters only happened twice, both for characters that got in that were of my most wanted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom