• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
It’s amazing they included a jiggy with their amiibo. It LOOKS. SO. BEAUTIFUL.

While I’m not a fan of amiibos myself, I promised before Ultimate’s release that if Banjo & Kazooie ever got in, Banjo & Kazooie would be my first amiibo. And I’m keeping that promise. Waiting for pre-orders to go up!
Yeah same here. I wasn't expecting to see their amiibo yet but I glad we saw it this early. Definitely picking B-K and Terry up next year before the scalpers get their dirty hands on them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah same here. I wasn't expecting to see their amiibo yet but I glad we saw it this early. Definitely picking B-K and Terry up next year before the scalpers get their dirty hands on them.
I predicted after Min Min’s presentation having Joker and Hero FP7’s presentation would have Banjo & Kazooie. Though it happening before Minecon did make me question if amiibo would be mentioned.

What I didn’t expect was all of the FP1 character amiibos being announced. Makes me wonder how they’ll stagger amiibo releases for presentations, but maybe that explains why Banjo & Kazooie’s amiibo won’t be out until 2021.

I also don’t know when their pre-orders will go up. Joker and Hero came right after Min Min’s presentation, but here we don’t get a date. I wanna be able to get it when it immediately comes out—not that I worry about them selling out, as Joker/Hero are still available—but because I want to order it as soon as I can.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Woke up and saw the photos of the new Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo.

I'll be honest, As big as a Nintendo fan I am, I never really had interest in collecting Amiibos as I felt it would get expensive and would need room for them.

But.. I'm willing to do an exception for Banjo-Kazooie just because of how very special this occasion is.

An Ex-Nintendo character who is legally now a Microsoft Xbox character and is getting an official product from Nintendo after more than 20 years.

This one is gonna be scalped and you can bet your ass I'm gonna grab one because I wanna show my support for Banjo-Kazooie to both Nintendo and Microsoft.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I want that Banjo-Kazooie amiibo, and I want it now. But, for now, I have their Totaku figure.

But wow, no female Byleth, which means no Hero alt amiibos. So no Erdrick amiibo. That has to be confusing the hell out of people.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Sniff So beautiful that Banjo-Kazooie amiibo is! I got the Totaku figure earlier this year to hold out for the amiibo and you can be damn sure I'll be hopefully getting my beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies ;3; Hopefully they'll be enough for everyone to get their hands on one <3

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Woke up and saw the photos of the new Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo.

I'll be honest, As big as a Nintendo fan I am, I never really had interest in collecting Amiibos as I felt it would get expensive and would need room for them.

But.. I'm willing to do an exception for Banjo-Kazooie just because of how very special this occasion is.

An Ex-Nintendo character who is legally now a Microsoft Xbox character and is getting an official product from Nintendo after more than 20 years.

This one is gonna be scalped and you can bet your ass I'm gonna grab one because I wanna show my support for Banjo-Kazooie to both Nintendo and Microsoft.
I might just grab two just so I can have one opened on my desk.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Kazooie looks great but something bout Banjo is off, can't quite put my finger on it but I'm most definitely gonna be buying the amiibo.
While their design took a day or so for me to get used to, I think it’s nearly perfect—except Banjo’s expression on their render and the mural. They were going for goofy for their render, but it comes across more like he doesn’t know where he is. Kazooie is perfect, in all of her interpretations.

So any issue I have with their amiibo I think comes from that. That being said, I actually think their amiibo looks better than their official render—it just pops out more being in 3D. So looking forward to when we can preorder.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not sure what are buffs and what are nerfs so I’ll have to watch a pro player update when it comes out. If it is a buff, from what I have heard people say, it’s lol buff like their last one.

EDIT: Watched them now. Less of a lol buff, and more of a decent fix.

As for Steve, it’s what I worried—unintuitive, clunky, and really annoying. But those are just my first impressions—glad for those who like him.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Banjo & Kazooie got two buffs in update 9.0.0! Their Flurry Attack cannot be neutralized when being used and when it goes for a KO. Yeah...little confused what it means.
It means their rapid jab works better. Nintendo just uses weird terms.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hey Banjo Bros! I was about to rewatch Jules cover of the Banjo-Kazooie Final Battle theme when instead it was actually Jules anecdote on how he came to work with Grant Kirkhope in arranging said cover. Some very interesting details within said anecdote relating to Banjo & Kazooie's eventual Super Smash Bros. Ultimate inclusion. :denzel:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think you know where this is going and the answer is pretty obvious and hopefully it's a sign for things to come this upcoming console generation for Microsoft.

Microsoft lacks platformers (Especially 3D) and Banjo-Kazooie has the most potential and star power from their stable of IP's to help shore up that weakness.

While Banjo-Kazooie alone won't fix the problem, The franchise can certainly be a critical and vital part of the solution to help balance out their mature heavy lineup.

Nintendo has Mario and Sony has Ratchet & Clank representing their respective console brands and if Microsoft really wanted to then they could definitely push and market Banjo-Kazooie to be their signature 3D platforming franchise for their Xbox brand.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Ngl, I would be happy with Rare just porting the XBOX 360 ports of Kazooie and Tooie (with minor fixes like the intro music playing prematurely for both games and a map for Tooie) I’m scared that a remake might have the Bowser Inside Story DX problem of being medicore and could have benefited if more time was taken. But hey, as long as they have a good budget and take their time then it’ll be all good.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
if any rare game gets ported to switch it needs to be diddy kong racing as there has never been a rerelease of the original game B4 & with banjo & conker both in the game we need them permission to rerelease it would love it if they add online multiplayer to it (but T.T. & drumstick would need major nurfs in the online mode)

maybe if they do that & it sells well they will think about rereleasing other older rare games on switch?

Top Bottom