• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only thing I’m looking forward to is the Smash announcement. Though, would be nice to see anything Banjo-Kazooie related for Switch. If we’re getting anything, a year since their reveal would be a great time to do so.

Yeah, it could very well be the 27th, if the 28th is the Japanese date. Also makes sense if it’s a general direct, since those tend to be on Wed and Thu in the US.

I would be looking forward to the Mario remasters too, if it wasn’t that people expect them to be slightly improved ports. N64 and GameCube games should have came to NSO within 2 years of its release, and since Galaxy was already given a HD handheld release in other countries years ago, that should have came then as well. It’s too late to be excited for Mario ports at $20 each.
Don't forget though: the real deal is the rumored about Deluxe re-release of Super Mario 3D World. That'll obviously come with new content (the rest of the Mario stuff pretty much being HD stuff), and that title has been expected for the longest time, especially with the demand for more 3D Mario and anything that isn't nailed down from Wii U gets ported to the Switch.

Ah, someone who also spams the triumph emoji! Good to see a fellow person of culture 😤
I actually only use it occasionally, I use this more often. 👍

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
T. T.: GO FOR IT!!!
Very well. My fan game shall have Banjo & Kazooie's iconic moves get powered up! Well...not all of them but many. I call them: Enhanced Moves. Using a special energy developed by Klungo, the bear and bird get enhanced versions of their moves, adding extra effects to them. Examples include: Enhanced Beak Bomb, Enhanced Wonderwing, Enhanced Egg Shot and Egg Lay, Enhanced Turbo Trainers, Enhanced Breegull Blaster and Enhanced Beak Barge.

Enhanced Egg Shot increases the power of each egg type Kazooie shoots, but now can hold the eggs in her beak for a few minutes for better aiming and auto shoots multiples! (If not using Grenade Eggs or Clockwork Kazooie Eggs.)

What do you all think? Like if you like it, reply if you have ideas on effects for some of these Enhanced Moves.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Very well. My fan game shall have Banjo & Kazooie's iconic moves get powered up! Well...not all of them but many. I call them: Enhanced Moves. Using a special energy developed by Klungo, the bear and bird get enhanced versions of their moves, adding extra effects to them. Examples include: Enhanced Beak Bomb, Enhanced Wonderwing, Enhanced Egg Shot and Egg Lay, Enhanced Turbo Trainers, Enhanced Breegull Blaster and Enhanced Beak Barge.

Enhanced Egg Shot increases the power of each egg type Kazooie shoots, but now can hold the eggs in her beak for a few minutes for better aiming and auto shoots multiples! (If not using Grenade Eggs or Clockwork Kazooie Eggs.)

What do you all think? Like if you like it, reply if you have ideas on effects for some of these Enhanced Moves.
This sounds nice, reminds me of the weapon's enhancing powers from Cave Story.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
This sounds nice, reminds me of the weapon's enhancing powers from Cave Story.
Thank you. I'm still working on the Enhanced Moves. I have the Enhanced Beak Bomb be a charge attack, making it easier to aim and increases it's attack power as well as speed, at the increased cost of 4 Red Feathers.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
1 year and most of it was clouded by the virus. Hopefully year 2 is a bit better for the best duo in gaming, maybe even a light buff or two for em.

Speaking of DLC characters, I wonder what Nintendo/bamco is gonna do about the pass, it's supposed to be over by December 2021, but with the virus no way we're gonna have 5 characters in the span of 16 months.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I require help! I wanna make some good worlds for my Banjo-Kazooie fan game and require assistance! I have a few ideas for the asthetics of the worlds. One involves gears and robots, one involves a beach and the third involves a Eruopeon theme.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
1 year and most of it was clouded by the virus. Hopefully year 2 is a bit better for the best duo in gaming, maybe even a light buff or two for em.

Speaking of DLC characters, I wonder what Nintendo/bamco is gonna do about the pass, it's supposed to be over by December 2021, but with the virus no way we're gonna have 5 characters in the span of 16 months.
I trust in Sakurai to be able to pull it off. Remember how characters got released quicker as we got to the end of the first pass. Plus Nintendo assists when needed (Sakurai Presents for Min Min had them send recording equipment directly to Sak's house). Given how much of a hard worker Sak is, I doubt he'll want to drag this when the staff is already working at a distance.

All we need is at least one more character to be announced and released this year, and the pace should pick up.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Idk why I don't post in here that often considering these two are my mains and were some of my former most wanteds, but happy late anniversary to the day Banjo & Kazooie came home to Nintendo! It almost feels just like yesterday everyone was freaking out over the jiggy bouncing on the floor. I still get chills just thinking about the fact that they are actually here and even to this day, I still look up reactions just seeing all the joy people had upon seeing their reveal. Here's hoping we get a new Banjo game, or at the very least, a Banjo-Redooie collection! [Even though it probably won't]...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's hoping that whenever character 7 is revealed that they have an amiibo update and show off Banjo-Kazooie's amiibo.

Which I will be getting.

Immediately.

Legally.

....OK, 78% legally, but a jury will fully understand.
I'll have an easier time getting one since I'm financially stable enough not to resort to that.

As far as I see, we'll most likely hear of the presentation next week, since I can't really see them show it so absurdly close to the next amiibo batch's launch.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Looks like we’re getting to the point where Banjo-Kazooie kids have grown up to now be developers influenced by the games (and I still say Odyssey has some unintentional influences). Now, Microsoft, find them, buy their studio, and make the remasters/Threeie happen.

On Immortals Fenyx Rising:
One of the very important influences for us was the action-adventure games from the early 2000s. So games like Jak and Daxter or Banjo-Kazooie, that were action-adventure games within a small open world.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As interesting as that is, I still think these guys are the closest thing we've got to new Rare platformer devs.

Sadly, it looks like we won't see KrazyBones do any fancy art, BK or otherwise, for a bit since he has depression issues to work on.

https://twitter.com/SuperKrazyBones/status/1304147715820007424

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As interesting as that is, I still think these guys are the closest thing we've got to new Rare platformer devs.
Indeed, I should clarify that by “them” I was talking about young developers influenced by Banjo-Kazooie as a kid. Haven’t seen enough of Immortals to know if I’d like it (the name already gives a bad first impression, Gods and Monsters was better).

And the marketing material seems contrary to the game the dev talked about in the interview—is it epic like the trailers or comedic like the interview suggests? If anything, if they wanted to go with epic + 4th wall comedy, they should be inspired by Disney’s Hercules, which is also pretty thematically relevant. But it was nice seeing developers talk about their BK influences, and hope people like them are used on a Banjo-Kazooie project, not necessarily those specific developers.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Sadly, it looks like we won't see KrazyBones do any fancy art, BK or otherwise, for a bit since he has depression issues to work on.

https://twitter.com/SuperKrazyBones/status/1304147715820007424
I think Gears For Breakfast would be a modern Rare contender as well. Hat In Time was amazing.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Has anyone here seen this weird random Eekum Bokum meme that has just recently been blowing up in the past couple of weeks?

Here is a video explaining about the origin of this meme:

Even Grant Kirihope find out about this meme and Twitted the Japanese streamer who this meme was based off of.
this meme happen because of kurone, sometimes i just can't ignore her videos for some reason.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Has anyone here seen this weird random Eekum Bokum meme that has just recently been blowing up in the past couple of weeks?

Here is a video explaining about the origin of this meme:

Even Grant Kirihope find out about this meme and Twitted the Japanese streamer who this meme was based off of.
The Japanese streamer Kurone has a play through of Banjo-Kazooie and it is so damn wholesome. Grant Kirkhope and Rare have retweeted her videos and she has become pretty popular in the last couple of weeks. She definitely gets into it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did anyone wonder why Perfect Dark was in Mario 3D All Stars data?
Probably left over files from the Wii U Virtual Console according to LuigiBlood I believe. If you don't know who LuigiBlood is, he documents N64DD roms and is one of the few people who knows how the N64DD actually works. He has reverse engineer the N64DD rom and has able to make a English patch for all 9 N64DD games. Plus I believe the Ocarina of Time rom hack the Missing Link was running on a N64DD rom according to Hard4Games thanks to LuigiBlood. Kaze Emanuar and a couple of other well known rom hackers made the Missing Link, but LuigiBlood help them got it working on a N64DD rom I believe.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, Grant Kirkhope is a composer for the upcoming Hatch Tales (which I still think should have been called Chicken Wiggle Workshop, I don't see how the devs thought a brand change was a good idea).

I always that the heroes of that game and its 3DS iteration were a BK-like duo, but I never thought the connection would be made a tad more obvious.

Oh no, you're all falling for the vtuber trap. Don't do it.
Not me, I didn't notice that one of the users randomly decided to point it out. I don't really pay attention to Eekum Bokum.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Probably left over files from the Wii U Virtual Console according to LuigiBlood I believe. If you don't know who LuigiBlood is, he documents N64DD roms and is one of the few people who knows how the N64DD actually works. He has reverse engineer the N64DD rom and has able to make a English patch for all 9 N64DD games. Plus I believe the Ocarina of Time rom hack the Missing Link was running on a N64DD rom according to Hard4Games thanks to LuigiBlood. Kaze Emanuar and a couple of other well known rom hackers made the Missing Link, but LuigiBlood help them got it working on a N64DD rom I believe.
Yes, true but I meant that why is Perfect Dark there? It wasn't on the Virtual Console...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes, true but I meant that why is Perfect Dark there? It wasn't on the Virtual Console...
Maybe Perfect Dark was in the N64 source code and when they were programming the Wii U Virtual Console to put N64 games on it they couldn't remove the file due to deleting it possibly causing corruption in the data. But that's just my uneducated guess.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Another Korone based Banjo-Kazooie animation. It won't take long until we get more memes based off this lol. It's fascinating that the game is receiving a lot of attention recently. She is going to have a blast at Rusty Bucket Bay and that engine room.
This is so funny to watch. Korone is so kawaii.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Another Korone based Banjo-Kazooie animation. It won't take long until we get more memes based off this lol. It's fascinating that the game is receiving a lot of attention recently. She is going to have a blast at Rusty Bucket Bay and that engine room.
H'oh boy, this continues.

Top Bottom