• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yeah it is a bit unfortunate, though. The great thing about Fighter’s Pass 1 is with Joker being first, it incentivized a lot of people to buy the pass from the get go. That’s not the case with Arms, and was hoping an E3 type dual reveal to happen this June with a big character to get me hyped for the pass.

While I did say I’d try to get every character, I’m still uncertain if I’m going to get the pass or characters individually. I just don’t want to fall into the trap of automatically getting it without enough incentive to.

And I am so excited for Pokémon Snap. Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, Battle for Bikini Bottom is being rebooted in a day or so, and now Pokémon Snap is getting a sequel. It’s been great for 90s/early 00s nostalgia.
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is looking pretty solid, Grew playing the original on the Gamecube with my Cousin when I was 10 and will likely pick it up and get him to do the same sometime down the road, Maybe when it goes on sale or during the Holiday season.

But yeah this is gonna be a good week.

- New Smash fighter, Even though I personally don't care about "Arms", Maybe, Just maybe we might get a teaser for the next fighter, Even though Nintendo already said to not expect another fighter announcement, But then again you never know.

- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time the long awaited sequel to "Warped" (1998) and first mainline Crash Bandicoot game in 12 years.

- Pokemon after already having a presentation last week in which they unveiled a sequel to Pokemon Snap (1999), They are having another presentation this Wednesday in which they are teasing another big project, Many are speculating either "Let's Go Johto" or to a lesser extent "Diamond/Pearl" remakes, Though I believe the latter will be released next year and the former will "Possibly" be this years holiday title, Either way I'll be excited for both of them.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
- New Smash fighter, Even though I personally don't care about "Arms", Maybe, Just maybe we might get a teaser for the next fighter, Even though Nintendo already said to not expect another fighter announcement, But then again you never know.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t expect it, but hopefully something happens. Typically if they want to subvert expectations and give us more, it’s subtle like when Sakurai said we would learn about the next new fighter at E3—didn’t say anything about another one!

But here they explicitly said there wouldn’t be another fighter, so I would assume there isn’t. However—that doesn’t mean all hope for FP7 is gone. They never said what will happen after the presentation, after all. So while I don’t expect anything about FP7 for a while—I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah it is a bit unfortunate, though. The great thing about Fighter’s Pass 1 is with Joker being first, it incentivized a lot of people to buy the pass from the get go. That’s not the case with Arms, and was hoping an E3 type dual reveal to happen this June with a big character to get me hyped for the pass.

While I did say I’d try to get every character, I’m still uncertain if I’m going to get the pass or characters individually. I just don’t want to fall into the trap of automatically getting it without enough incentive to.

And I am so excited for Pokémon Snap. Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, Battle for Bikini Bottom is being rebooted in a day or so, and now Pokémon Snap is getting a sequel. It’s been great for 90s/early 00s nostalgia.
Well, you know what Sakurai said: don't buy it unless you're truly confident.

By the way, a rather awesome fan remake of Rayman 1 came out, as well! :estatic:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is looking pretty solid, Grew playing the original on the Gamecube with my Cousin when I was 10 and will likely pick it up and get him to do the same sometime down the road, Maybe when it goes on sale or during the Holiday season.

But yeah this is gonna be a good week.

- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time the long awaited sequel to "Warped" (1998) and first mainline Crash Bandicoot game in 12 years.

- Pokemon after already having a presentation last week in which they unveiled a sequel to Pokemon Snap (1999), They are having another presentation this Wednesday in which they are teasing another big project, Many are speculating either "Let's Go Johto" or to a lesser extent "Diamond/Pearl" remakes, Though I believe the latter will be released next year and the former will "Possibly" be this years holiday title, Either way I'll be excited for both of them.
I would freaking LOVE a Let's Go Johto game. I adored Let's Go Pikachu and played it WAY more than I have put in time for Pokemon Shield.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
ARMS Fighter is Min Min. We got a Spirit playable! Spirits don't deconfirm! Geno, Rayman and Shantae still have a chance! And also, gonna wait for the Banjo-Kazooie amiibo.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So that was a neat different video from Sakurai's home. Hopefully he felt pretty relaxed doing it there. While I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get a multiple in one fighter, Min Min does look super fun to play as and I'm sure it would've been difficult to get everyone's distinct styles and personalities to work as a one-in-all character. That said, I am now a bit worried about the amiibo situation since he said we're not sure if we're producing all the fighters and if Byleth gets an amiibo but not Banjo-Kazooie, I'mma be ****ed honestly. Fingers crossed Microsoft and Nintendo don't screw us over with it.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Min Min is in ! Spirites are not a deconfermation !

also valt boy mii costume Hmmmmm doom guy rumurs may be true ???

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Only things that interested me in the direct was a) Really, Vault Boy? Did not expect that, and b) CONFIRMATION OF DLC AMIIBO. They are doing 2 per presentation which is what I speculated, so we’ll likely have Banjo & Kazooie’s amiibo when FP7’s presentation happens. Expected it, but great to finally have that lingering question put to rest.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Welp, I was wrong about it being Spring Man with alternate costumes. Oh well. Min Min still looks pretty cool and fun to play as, and her reveal trailer looked really damn good and fun, so I'm not complaining. The stage looks pretty solid, and while I'm a bit disappointed that there're only two remixes here, I am happy that most of the stage themes from ARMS are here; those were some of my favorite songs from the game!

Also, THANK YOU for the Rematch feature in Spirits! Seriously, completing all the Spirit battles has been a pain in the ass because I've had to rely on RNG to get ones that I'm not sure I've completed! Why was this not a feature available in the game sooner?!

I don't really care much for the Mii Fighter costumes this time around, especially the Fallout guy.

The only other slight disappointments were A. Having to wait a week for the update, and B. No real indication of when Challenger Pack 7's going to be revealed, though I do appreciate the confirmation that all five remaining fighters will have proper reveal trailers.

All in all, I'd say this was a very solid reveal, and I look forward to playing around with Min Min!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Welp, I was wrong about it being Spring Man with alternate costumes. Oh well. Min Min still looks pretty cool and fun to play as, and her reveal trailer looked really damn good and fun, so I'm not complaining. The stage looks pretty solid, and while I'm a bit disappointed that there're only two remixes here, I am happy that most of the stage themes from ARMS are here; those were some of my favorite songs from the game!

Also, THANK YOU for the Rematch feature in Spirits! Seriously, completing all the Spirit battles has been a pain in the ass because I've had to rely on RNG to get ones that I'm not sure I've completed! Why was this not a feature available in the game sooner?!

I don't really care much for the Mii Fighter costumes this time around, especially the Fallout guy.

The only other slight disappointments were A. Having to wait a week for the update, and B. No real indication of when Challenger Pack 7's going to be revealed, though I do appreciate the confirmation that all five remaining fighters will have proper reveal trailers.

All in all, I'd say this was a very solid reveal, and I look forward to playing around with Min Min!
Though...Shantae and Rayman have their chances revived thanks to Min Min.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
So that was a neat different video from Sakurai's home. Hopefully he felt pretty relaxed doing it there. While I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get a multiple in one fighter, Min Min does look super fun to play as and I'm sure it would've been difficult to get everyone's distinct styles and personalities to work as a one-in-all character. That said, I am now a bit worried about the amiibo situation since he said we're not sure if we're producing all the fighters and if Byleth gets an amiibo but not Banjo-Kazooie, I'mma be ****ed honestly. Fingers crossed Microsoft and Nintendo don't screw us over with it.
Uh...he meant the base roster not getting new figures. Like Zelda or Link, as they already have figures. He never said anything about the DLC getting ignored for amiibo. I just rewatched and he said he doesn't know how many of them will be produced as in, he doesn't know how much of them will be in stock, not that none of the other DLC fighters won't get an amiibo. Read things more thourghroly next time will you?

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Uh...he meant the base roster not getting new figures. Like Zelda or Link, as they already have figures. He never said anything about the DLC getting ignored for amiibo. I just rewatched and he said he doesn't know how many of them will be produced as in, he doesn't know how much of them will be in stock, not that none of the other DLC fighters won't get an amiibo. Read things more thourghroly next time will you?
Oh okay, I misunderstood what he meant originally then. Never mind! Can't wait to see how they look ^^ But that's kind of a laugh coming from you, the king of overreacting to things lmfao

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would freaking LOVE a Let's Go Johto game. I adored Let's Go Pikachu and played it WAY more than I have put in time for Pokemon Shield.
I kind of agree, While I enjoyed Sword (I even bought the expansion DLC), I really enjoyed the charm and adorableness of Let's Go Pikachu.

I play Smash pretty intensely and competitively, So Let's Go was my laid back and relaxing game to unwind and take a break from the exhaustion of Smash and just play at my own pace, Part of it was the nostalgia too.

But here's hoping it's "Let's Go Johto" or even Diamond/Pearl remakes, Haven't played Gen 2 or 4 in quite sometime and would love to revisit it on a HD TV.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well, while Sakurai made a passing mention to veteran amiibos not getting updated designs, he mentioned "we don't know how many of them will actually be produced" after talking about DLC amiibo, so I'm sure he was referring to the DLC amiibo. That being said, that could mean anything. Could mean a publisher was giving them a hassle in negotiations and may not get one, or to let people down easily that Hero may only get the one amiibo, or could mean they're on track to producing all the amiibo, but with budget or production delays may mean they're unable to finish it.

Either way, I don't think we have to worry much about Banjo & Kazooie when it comes to amiibo. Microsoft would likely not give them a hard time, and they should be next unless Hero gets 3 more amiibo, and has likely already been produced and waiting to be released early next year. The biggest question was would DLC get amiibos, and thankfully that is the case! Awesome!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, while Sakurai made a passing mention to veteran amiibos not getting updated designs, he mentioned "we don't know how many of them will actually be produced" after talking about DLC amiibo, so I'm sure he was referring to the DLC amiibo. That being said, that could mean anything. Could mean a publisher was giving them a hassle in negotiations and may not get one, or to let people down easily that Hero may only get the one amiibo, or could mean they're on track to producing all the amiibo, but with budget or production delays may mean they're unable to finish it.

Either way, I don't think we have to worry much about Banjo & Kazooie when it comes to amiibo. Microsoft would likely not give them a hard time, and they should be next unless Hero gets 3 more amiibo, and has likely already been produced and waiting to be released early next year. The biggest question was would DLC get amiibos, and thankfully that is the case! Awesome!
It sucks the veterans that already have Amiibos won't be getting updated Amiibo releases. I really wanted a OOT Ganondorf Amiibo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It sucks the veterans that already have Amiibos won't be getting updated Amiibo releases. I really wanted a OOT Ganondorf Amiibo.
Once the Banjo & Kazooie and Crash amiibo are released, I’m fine with them going back to veterans if they have enough budget left. ;)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Isn't crash not in the roster?....Yet?
I wielded Banjo & Kazooie into existence, I’m hoping the same for Crash. Helps that during both their speculation periods they’ve been number 1 in the polls. Sometimes Smash fans have good tastes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like Crash and Geno are 99% most likely are going to be in FP2. The other 3 is a mystery, but I'm confident those two are in.
I’m hedging my predictive bets in case it’s mostly third or mostly first parties.

7. Crash
8. Sol Badguy
9. Rex
10. Lloyd
11. Geno

or

7. Crash
8. Gen 8 Pokémon
9. Rex
10. Sora
11. Paper Mario

If it’s mostly third party, I expect a new Japanese company like Koei Tecmo or Arc System to be the Terry of the pass. If mostly first party, then they would spend a lot on a couple third party big names leaving the rest to be Nintendo characters.

And characters that I want but don’t expect include: Bomberman upgrade, Rayman, Dixie Kong (Isabelle style clone), Shadow and Impa (echoes), Dante and Agumon.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unless Nintendo goes left field again, like they love to do.
No matter which direction FP2 gos, I'm 100% certain it will have at the very least one Banjo & Kazooie. One extremely popular fan requested character is all but guarantee for FP2 in my eyes. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten our bear and bird in FP1.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
No matter which direction FP2 gos, I'm 100% certain it will have at the very least one Banjo & Kazooie. One extremely popular fan requested character is all but guarantee for FP2 in my eyes. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten our bear and bird in FP1.
My worry though is Imran’s speculation. If their approach is “lol it’s the last pass and we already got their money so it’s gonna be nothing but self promotion” that can be worrisome. Nothing guarantees them putting in big name characters, it’s just what we’ve come to expect, but we’ve also come to expect Nintendo doing weird things, some to amazing outcomes, others to disappointing outcomes. Which is why I’m holding out getting the pass until I see who the next character is.

On that note, I’m curious if anyone who is picking up Min Min tonight, would you be able to tell us what happens to the Random Stage Select Screen? Right now it’s filled up, with Custom Stages being in the last slot. Whatever they do there will let us know what they might do to the regular Stage Select Screen, once it goes beyond the current limit. I’d really hate a next page button, so I hope at the very least they restructure it to allow for 5 more stages. In addition to that, I would love tabs in addition to Custom Stages where you can select stages from specific games, allowing for bigger icons, so that both camps get their wish.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My worry though is Imran’s speculation. If their approach is “lol it’s the last pass and we already got their money so it’s gonna be nothing but self promotion” that can be worrisome. Nothing guarantees them putting in big name characters, it’s just what we’ve come to expect, but we’ve also come to expect Nintendo doing weird things, some to amazing outcomes, others to disappointing outcomes. Which is why I’m holding out getting the pass until I see who the next character is.

On that note, I’m curious if anyone who is picking up Min Min tonight, would you be able to tell us what happens to the Random Stage Select Screen? Right now it’s filled up, with Custom Stages being in the last slot. Whatever they do there will let us know what they might do to the regular Stage Select Screen, once it goes beyond the current limit. I’d really hate a next page button, so I hope at the very least they restructure it to allow for 5 more stages. In addition to that, I would love tabs in addition to Custom Stages where you can select stages from specific games, allowing for bigger icons, so that both camps get their wish.
Right now they just filled up the empty space with Spring Stadium, but I'm hoping if they do add new stages for future fighters, they're gonna have a new page and hopefully in the future create new stages in general and bring back returning stages that haven't been brought back yet! Also Banjo & Kazooie finally got an update from the 8.0.0 patch! Nothing big, but a little boost to their edge attacks at least! At this point, I'll take any boosts to their gameplay I can get!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Right now they just filled up the empty space with Spring Stadium, but I'm hoping if they do add new stages for future fighters, they're gonna have a new page and hopefully in the future create new stages in general and bring back returning stages that haven't been brought back yet! Also Banjo & Kazooie finally got an update from the 8.0.0 patch! Nothing big, but a little boost to their edge attacks at least! At this point, I'll take any boosts to their gameplay I can get!
Meant the Random Stage Select, as that one is filled up. Looks like they went through the effort to reorganize it by adding another row. I'm so happy, I did not want a new page as I don't want to cycle through pages to get to a stage that I want. However, I hope if they can, they add tabs for each game (Full List, 64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U/3DS, Ultimate, Custom Stages), so that those who don't want them all on one page can have pages, and both camps are happy.

Stage Select Screen Pre-Min.jpg

Stage Select Screen Post-Min.jpg

EDIT: Also, yes, I broke down and got the second Fighter's Pass. Who was I trying to kid? Of course I'd get it inevitably. Nintendo's got me hooked, line and sinker.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Meant the Random Stage Select, as that one is filled up. Looks like they went through the effort to reorganize it by adding another row. I'm so happy, I did not want a new page as I don't want to cycle through pages to get to a stage that I want. However, I hope if they can, they add tabs for each game (Full List, 64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U/3DS, Ultimate, Custom Stages), so that those who don't want them all on one page can have pages, and both camps are happy.

EDIT: Also, yes, I broke down and got the second Fighter's Pass. Who was I trying to kid? Of course I'd get it inevitably. Nintendo's got me hooked, line and sinker.
Whoops! My mistake! So that's a lot of empty extra space there, considering with five characters left to the Fighter's Pass bringing five stages with them each... hopefully we get either some new stages period or maybe even just some returning stages not yet brought back like Mute City (Melee), Rainbow Road, or even.... Pac-Maze?! And it's probably for the best you got it, man. After Banjo & Kazooie got in, I figured, what the heck? Might as well just pony up now and get the second Fighter's Pass so I'd have no worries about having the entire roster available! Also really love how the DLC fighters have their own little section now in the character select screen. Still blows my mind the roster we've gotten for this game. So surreal seeing Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, an ARMS fighter, and Banjo & Kazooie finally in after YEARS of people speculating and wishing and hoping.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Min Min was the most popular Arms character and she won the Party Bash so I think Nintendo is listening to the fans. I believe other Nintendo characters like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Waluigi, a Xenoblade rep like Rex or Elma, and Skull Kid would make a ton of people happy. Min Min broke the Spirit barrier, so a lot of these characters are back on the table again.

I don't think this means we are getting FP3 and 5 more fighters with stages to boot. Honestly, I could see missing veteran stages returning or new stages entirely as separate DLC from the Fighter's Pass a la Hyrule Castle/Peach's Caste/Mario Maker in between the Pass or after. Those empty stage slots could still be filled up without new fighters to come along with them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Min Min was the most popular Arms character and she won the Party Bash so I think Nintendo is listening to the fans. I believe other Nintendo characters like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Waluigi, a Xenoblade rep like Rex or Elma, and Skull Kid would make a ton of people happy. Min Min broke the Spirit barrier, so a lot of these characters are back on the table again.

I don't think this means we are getting FP3 and 5 more fighters with stages to boot. Honestly, I could see missing veteran stages returning or new stages entirely as separate DLC from the Fighter's Pass a la Hyrule Castle/Peach's Caste/Mario Maker in between the Pass or after. Those empty stage slots could still be filled up without new fighters to come along with them.
I don’t think those empty stage slots will be filled up. I think they planned the Stage Selection Screen for the Base + FP1, which is why the Random Stage Select Screen was a perfect rectangle. That being said, of course I’d love a FP3, though I’d prefer an echo pass of 4 characters, so we could get characters like Impa and Shadow, as well as making both stacked and unstacked character select perfect.

Here’s my mock up of what it would look like after FP2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don’t think those empty stage slots will be filled up. I think they planned the Stage Selection Screen for the Base + FP1, which is why the Random Stage Select Screen was a perfect rectangle. That being said, of course I’d love a FP3, though I’d prefer an echo pass of 4 characters, so we could get characters like Impa and Shadow, as well as making both stacked and unstacked character select perfect.

Here’s my mock up of what it would look like after FP2.
I know the last 3 stages you made up are from Kirby, Xenoblade, and SMRPG to go along with Bandana Dee, a Xenoblade rep, and Geno. But where are the first two stages from? Also, I would love a Echo pass with Medusa, Metal Sonic, and Funky Kong in it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looks like Rare themselves got into the Six Fan Arts bandwagon:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Looks like Rare themselves got into the Six Fan Arts bandwagon:

I like Banjo & Kazooie's look.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I know the last 3 stages you made up are from Kirby, Xenoblade, and SMRPG to go along with Bandana Dee, a Xenoblade rep, and Geno. But where are the first two stages from? Also, I would love a Echo pass with Medusa, Metal Sonic, and Funky Kong in it.
The stages I used in that were from Ninja Gaiden, Kingdom Hearts, Crash, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Super Mario RPG. Though I go back and forth on a couple of those and only used them as an idea of what the stage layout will look like when FP2 is done. You and Megadoomer Megadoomer got them all!

Last edited:
Top Bottom