• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I found out recently that Banjo is the character who's birthday is closest to my own, thanks to his early debut in Diddy Kong Racing.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
To anyone who still plays Brawl, I remembered a fun visual glitch I did once. It requires: Captain Falcon, the Smash Ball, any characters of your choice (Must be on at least 3 players) and the Pokemon Gulpin.

What you do is when Gulpin gobbles a player when Captain Falcon has his Final Smash active, quickly attack the character that Gulpin is not gobbling on and you will see the affects right as it hits, the Gulpin disappears and the character that was inside is standing in their T-Pose! You can pause to see it better right after the cinematic part of Captain Falcon's Final Smash.

chikin

Coin Collector
Who would win in a fight: Conker the Squirrel or Banjo and Kazooie and why?
I'm going for Conker because he has the Context Sensitive ability.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
Banjo and Kazooie have access to canonical cheat codes.
You don't think Conker has cheats?

Edit: Banjo would beat Conker in a fist fight without a doubt, without any weapons or Kazooie. But in a situation where Conker has his weapons and Banjo has Kazooie, Conker would probably win. Then again Conker punched and kicked the guards in the Heist chapter, Banjo is slow so he shouldn't have trouble landing them:joyful:

I just remembered Banjo-Kazooie has Wonderwing.... Poor Conker..... but he runs faster then Banjo so it doesn't really matter

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It's a tough call honestly.

Banjo and Kazooie have access to canonical cheat codes.
So does Conker. He also has the programmers on his side when they **** up lol!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's just too bad devs and publishers are reluctant to do anything about it even with the current resurgence of platformer mascots. Even Ty's having an HD remaster coming soon.

Do you all think a petition wouldn't hurt?

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
I want Banjo-Threeie to start out with Banjo-Kazooie walking out of a movie theater with a poster on the theater saying “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts”

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Good news, at least one of Super Lucky's Tale's devs has a job again!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ires_super_luckys_tale_and_crysis_3_designers
Won't be too surprised if Retro gets a couple more dev's from Playful Corp seeing how they and Retro Studios are both based in Austin, Texas.

I know it likely doesn't mean much because despite their prior experience with the Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios still did an amazing job with the modern Donkey Kong Country series, So seeing them hire dev's with cartoony platforming experience makes me hope they will make a 3rd Donkey Kong Country game or a 3D platforming Donkey Kong game someday after Metroid Prime 4 (Which I'm still excited about), That is unless that is was they have been working on the past 5 years or (Unlikely) along side Prime 4 with a 2nd team. I doubt it, But would love to be wrong.

Last edited:

leppy

Smash Cadet

I can choose between a squirrel with access to various submachine guns, a shotgun, an AKM, bombs, RPGs, a flamethrower, and on goes the list, or a bear that can fly for a few seconds.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Won't be too surprised if Retro gets a couple more dev's from Playful Corp seeing how they and Retro Studios are both based in Austin, Texas.

I know it likely doesn't mean much because despite their prior experience with the Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios still did an amazing job with the modern Donkey Kong Country series, So seeing them hire dev's with cartoony platforming experience makes me hope they will make a 3rd Donkey Kong Country game or a 3D platforming Donkey Kong game someday after Metroid Prime 4 (Which I'm still excited about), That is unless that is was they have been working on the past 5 years or (Unlikely) along side Prime 4 with a 2nd team. I doubt it, But would love to be wrong.
For what it's worth, Miyamoto claimed literal years ago that they can work on two games at the same time. We have yet to see that happen, so it better not be hot air.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I can choose between a squirrel with access to various submachine guns, a shotgun, an AKM, bombs, RPGs, a flamethrower, and on goes the list, or a bear that can fly for a few seconds.
You can pretty much say the same thing for almost any average "Mature" video game character as they usually have access to that type of weaponary.

It's funny that you mentioned flying because if it wasn't for those "Man Made" weapons he has to use to defeat enemies and bosses, All Conker can really do is fly with his helicopter tail, pee and attack with a frying pan (Another man made weapon.)

When it comes to pure raw, natural powers and abilities it's not even a contest, Banjo-Kazooie have Conker beat by a long shot.

- Claw Swipe - Bregull Bash
- Roll Attack - Bill Drill
- Beak Barge - Beak Bayonet
- Rat- at- Rap - Wing Whack
- Beak Buster - Talon Torpedo
- Beak Bomb
- Egg Ammunition (Fire/Ice/Grenade)
- Wonder Wing/Invincibility

Wonder Wing alone can negate all of Conker's firearms/weapons/explosives and can damage or kill on contact.

And if it were just hand-to-hand combat, Banjo can beat Conker even without Kazooie, He's ****ing bear, He's got teeth and claws not to mention bigger, stronger and weighs more too, Hell Kazooie alone can probably beat Conker too.

I'm a fan of Conker and pretty much almost anything Rareware, But he's pretty basic as it comes and isn't really capable of doing much without having the assistance of Weapons, Tanks, Power Loaders or a game programmer like many have mentioned before.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, this whole debate is the most attention Conker's even had in years...
I guess. He was in Dream and he got a nice Totaku figure last year along with Banjo & Kazooie. Plus he is getting a very nice statue this year:

Wait a minute:beezo::beezo::beezo: IT'S COMING OUT THIS MONTH ON THE 21ST HOLY ****!!!

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I know this isn't video game related but darn it, I want to say it! I am very worried for the people infected with the coronavirus. I hope they make vaccines quick enough to help them, but I heard that it takes two to eight years to make a vaccine for these kinds of diseases. Why though?

chikin

Coin Collector
You can pretty much say the same thing for almost any average "Mature" video game character as they usually have access to that type of weaponary.

It's funny that you mentioned flying because if it wasn't for those "Man Made" weapons he has to use to defeat enemies and bosses, All Conker can really do is fly with his helicopter tail, pee and attack with a frying pan (Another man made weapon.)

When it comes to pure raw, natural powers and abilities it's not even a contest, Banjo-Kazooie have Conker beat by a long shot.

- Beak Bomb

Wonder Wing alone can negate all of Conker's firearms/weapons/explosives and can damage or kill on contact.

And if it were just hand-to-hand combat, Banjo can beat Conker even without Kazooie, He's ****ing bear, He's got teeth and claws not to mention bigger, stronger and weighs more too, Hell Kazooie alone can probably beat Conker too.

I'm a fan of Conker and pretty much almost anything Rareware, But he's pretty basic as it comes and isn't really capable of doing much without having the assistance of Weapons, Tanks, Power Loaders or a game programmer like many have mentioned before.

- Beak Bomb

I don't think Banjo being a bear really matters

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, it looks like Fighter's Pass 2 is it. While it's a shame it won't be a perennial title like I would have preferred, it will also be nice to have it complete one day. However, it is raising questions as to what the future of Smash will be. Making Ultimate a perennial title avoids that issue, but if they make a new game with new mechanics, and only 20-30 characters return, it will inevitably feel like a step down. First party characters are much easier, it's third party characters that are difficult, while third party characters are more interesting as it strengthens the crossover appeal--even porting the game to a new system, licensing presents a very difficult issue.

To me, I can't see a future Smash game without iconic third party mascot characters such as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie. I consider Crash and Bomberman (for Konami) among them, if they get in next time. The other characters, while nice to have, feel like "Woah, they're in this game?" rather than "They fit perfectly into this game." And I feel like out of all these characters, Banjo & Kazooie have the biggest question mark. On the positive side, working with Microsoft seemed to be an easy deal, so if they try to get as many third party characters returning as possible, they should be one of the easier ones. On the negative side, with so many third party candidates potentially returning, it's questionable if Nintendo would consider Banjo & Kazooie a priority to return, and they may try to focus on the big, big names. I hope it's the case Banjo & Kazooie return, I can't see myself getting another Smash game without those 4 mascot characters returning, but even if not, I will always have them in Ultimate.

Even if you have one character for each series in Smash (as denoted by the series listed in Ultimate's unveiling, plus the new series added in Ultimate), that's still 36 characters, plus however many series are added in Vol 2. Which is just over what Sakurai said would have been Ultimate's roster, had not everyone returned.

Series.png

Current Roster Series.png

But could we imagine a new Smash game without important secondary characters like Zelda, Peach, Bowser, and now Ridley and King K Rool? Ideally Sakurai would try to get as many characters returning as possible. Characters I would personally cut are echoes, clones, and redundant characters--particularly characters that are derivatives of others. However, in their place would be either new characters that share moves (e.g., replace Young Link with Skull Kid), or they would have stages to represent their ideas (I would much rather have a Dr. Mario stage than have Dr. Mario as a character--same with Duck Hunt. Keep their stage, if not the character). That way they can represent more series, while culling the roster.

Post Ultimate (Ideal).png

However, that's around 74 characters, more than there was in Ultimate's base game. This will certainly not happen with a cut roster, in all likelihood, we'll be looking more like this.

Post Ultimate (Ideal Realistic).png

One possibility is to have around one character per series, and then add secondary heroines and villains through combo packs (what I have on the right). However, it would require too many characters (more than Ultimate's DLC) to barely even cover some of returning characters that ought to be in the game. I also had to make a lot of cuts I did not like, but it's hard in order to keep it in the range of 30-40 characters. I feel like this is even more returning characters than we would actually get. And this is still an ideal (for me) roster--in all likelihood, characters like Banjo & Kazooie may get cut, and characters like Dr. Mario get in because they're easier to make--and that is the unfortunate sacrifice we may get with a new Smash game. Luckily, that's still likely 5+ years away, likely after a new console is released. So until then, and perhaps even afterwards, we still have Ultimate.

chikin

Coin Collector
I just noticed Banjo has freckles...:crazy:
They’re not whiskers, bears don’t have whiskers.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, it looks like Fighter's Pass 2 is it. While it's a shame it won't be a perennial title like I would have preferred, it will also be nice to have it complete one day. However, it is raising questions as to what the future of Smash will be. Making Ultimate a perennial title avoids that issue, but if they make a new game with new mechanics, and only 20-30 characters return, it will inevitably feel like a step down. First party characters are much easier, it's third party characters that are difficult, while third party characters are more interesting as it strengthens the crossover appeal--even porting the game to a new system, licensing presents a very difficult issue.

To me, I can't see a future Smash game without iconic third party mascot characters such as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie. I consider Crash and Bomberman (for Konami) among them, if they get in next time. The other characters, while nice to have, feel like "Woah, they're in this game?" rather than "They fit perfectly into this game." And I feel like out of all these characters, Banjo & Kazooie have the biggest question mark. On the positive side, working with Microsoft seemed to be an easy deal, so if they try to get as many third party characters returning as possible, they should be one of the easier ones. On the negative side, with so many third party candidates potentially returning, it's questionable if Nintendo would consider Banjo & Kazooie a priority to return, and they may try to focus on the big, big names. I hope it's the case Banjo & Kazooie return, I can't see myself getting another Smash game without those 4 mascot characters returning, but even if not, I will always have them in Ultimate.

Even if you have one character for each series in Smash (as denoted by the series listed in Ultimate's unveiling, plus the new series added in Ultimate), that's still 36 characters, plus however many series are added in Vol 2. Which is just over what Sakurai said would have been Ultimate's roster, had not everyone returned.

But could we imagine a new Smash game without important secondary characters like Zelda, Peach, Bowser, and now Ridley and King K Rool? Ideally Sakurai would try to get as many characters returning as possible. Characters I would personally cut are echoes, clones, and redundant characters--particularly characters that are derivatives of others. However, in their place would be either new characters that share moves (e.g., replace Young Link with Skull Kid), or they would have stages to represent their ideas (I would much rather have a Dr. Mario stage than have Dr. Mario as a character--same with Duck Hunt. Keep their stage, if not the character). That way they can represent more series, while culling the roster.

However, that's around 74 characters, more than there was in Ultimate's base game. This will certainly not happen with a cut roster, in all likelihood, we'll be looking more like this.

One possibility is to have around one character per series, and then add secondary heroines and villains through combo packs (what I have on the right). However, it would require too many characters (more than Ultimate's DLC) to barely even cover some of returning characters that ought to be in the game. I also had to make a lot of cuts I did not like, but it's hard in order to keep it in the range of 30-40 characters. I feel like this is even more returning characters than we would actually get. And this is still an ideal (for me) roster--in all likelihood, characters like Banjo & Kazooie may get cut, and characters like Dr. Mario get in because they're easier to make--and that is the unfortunate sacrifice we may get with a new Smash game. Luckily, that's still likely 5+ years away, likely after a new console is released. So until then, and perhaps even afterwards, we still have Ultimate.
We ain't going to wait until next game to get Crash because he is already in Season Pass 2 without a doubt. He is pretty much a lock to be one of the last six slots.

chikin

Coin Collector
We ain't going to wait until next game to get Crash because he is already in Season Pass 2 without a doubt. He is pretty much a lock to be one of the last six slots.
I hope that's true, because he is one of my most wanted characters. :surprised:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Insiders have heard about Nintendo and Activision having a discussion with each other at E3 2019. They were discussing with Microsoft at E3 2018 and long and behold the year after that we get Banjo & Kazooie. Plus so many insiders have heard his name floating around. I'm pretty positive Crash is in and will be one of the E3 Smash reveals this June.

chikin

Coin Collector
Insiders have heard about Nintendo and Activision having a discussion with each other at E3 2019. They were discussing with Microsoft at E3 2018 and long and behold the year after that we get Banjo & Kazooie. Plus so many insiders have heard his name floating around. I'm pretty positive Crash is in and will be one of the E3 Smash reveals this June.
Fingers crossed! :)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
maxresdefault.jpg

Currently my most wanted 3rd Party newcomer character and probably overall ever since Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool made it in.

If you ask most people (Including myself) He really seems like one of the safest bets (Alongside Rayman) to make it in Season 2 DLC in terms of Western representation and overall gaming.

It's hard not to ignore Crash Bandicoot as he checks off a lot of boxes for specifically what a game like Super Smash Bros is usually all about.

- Former defacto Playstation mascot and gaming icon.

- One the biggest names left in gaming that has yet to make the roster.

- 2nd only to Sonic in terms of historic rivalry against Mario.

- Franchise has been successfully revived in recent years with N.Sane Trilogy and Nitro Fueled and Activision has future plans for the franchise.

- Fits in very well with the majority of the cast as most Platformer characters/mascots would in a "Platform Fighter".

- Moveset is pretty straightforward as it usually is for platform character/mascots that can be easily transitioned into Smash.

- Currently averages and ranks around as a "Top 5 or 10 pick in terms of fan demand.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 how you feel about Spyro? I want him even more than Crash. But I understand why they would put Crash in first being the former mascot of the Playstation and such.
I'm a fan of Spyro too and would be cool with him in Smash... But not before Crash Bandicoot and most fans of both would agree if we are trying to be "Realistic".

Let's be honest while both were the 1-2 punch platforming mascots on the Playstation during that era, Crash Bandicoot was and still is the bigger name of the 2, Hell Crash got spinoffs in the form of a Kart racer and Party game outside of the original trilogy which says a lot about the brand power of the franchise at the time something that Spyro never got despite the franchise's success also, (Spyro appearing as a guest character in Crash Bandicoot's world via Nitro Fueled further cements that too.)

Also just like many have mentioned before Crash Bandicoot has the advantage of being one of the first and few western IP's that actually was popular and caught on in Japan/East, Unfortunately the same can't be said for our purple dragon friend.

Let's not forget that Crash Bandicoot debuted on the Playstation first back in 1996 and the trilogy wrapped up with "Warped" in 1998 the same year Spyro was just barely about to make his debut.

Also because of their origins and ties with Sony and Universal at the time Spyro's demo can also be unlocked in "Warped's" Menu so in a way Crash Bandicoot helped introduce Spyro the Dragon to many young gamers for the first time too.

It would be great to get both into Super Smash Bros Ultimate, But chances are it's gonna be Crash first, The only way I can see Spyro making it in is if Nintendo and Activision struck an ultimatum deal that they have to include both or nothing, But I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It would be great to get both into Super Smash Bros Ultimate, But chances are it's gonna be Crash first, The only way I can see Spyro making it in is if Nintendo and Activision struck an ultimatum deal that they have to include both or nothing, But I don't see that happening.
I don't see that happening either, but my God I would be hyped as hell if it happened.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
It’s probably because there isn’t much competition. We only got the watermelon lady, humba wumba, or kazooie....?:rotfl:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not saying we'd have to wait for Crash in the next game--I hope he's in Vol 2, my hypotheticals cover both scenarios (he could and should be a returning fighter if he gets in, all the third party mascot characters should). Crash is my #1 after Banjo & Kazooie got in.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I go back and forth on Crash. I see him or Geno as the western fan pick character as both have some tie to Japan with popularity or origin respectively. While I could see both making it in, I think they are in loose competition with each other as that character Sakurai chooses to appease the western fans. Again, both could easily happen especially as there are six in this volume as opposed to five. That extra slot bodes well for them both getting in.

Top Bottom