• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So since there's only two weeks left until the Game Awards and I have a strong feeling in my gut that Fighter #5 is going to be revealed there, who do you guys think it's going to be?

Because between the various deconfirms between Vergeben and Sabi as well as the recent Resident Evil Spirit event, I feel like right now, it's a toss-up between Sora from Kingdom Hearts and that Lloyd guy from Tales of Symphonia.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
One thing that dosent add up to me about banjo that there were some datamined rare games spirits when ultimate relesed. like jet force but they weren’t added in the game after banjo got released. so im hoping for battle toads as a retro character that can come with those extra game spirits

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Banjo’s moveset could’ve been a lot better. They missed out the eggs, banjo using his backpack as a weapon, transformations, Golden goliath.

3734CDE5-9839-4AB6-A816-F7D00E288BF8.png

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Banjo’s moveset could’ve been a lot better. They missed out the eggs, banjo using his backpack as a weapon, transformations, Golden goliath.

View attachment 249398
I mean you could say the same about a lot of the smash roster. Link only uses the same three items even though there is 3 of them. Mario doesn't use his hammer. Ganondorf is literally captain falcon but slow and with a sword. And so on.

I'm plenty happy with having banjo in smash at all. Its also the best he's ever looked. Although I wish he did have a multi egg type attack rather than only grenade eggs I think he turned out pretty darn good.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

View attachment 249398
There's only so much space for moves. Also, Banjo only uses his backpack as a weapon when Kazooie's not in it (I can't imagine she'd be a fan of being spun around like that), transformations need outside help (and in-game transformations have been downplayed in general, with only the Pokemon Trainer having them), and the Golden Goliath wouldn't really work as a Final Smash since it's not even something that Banjo and Kazooie use.

Banjo and Kazooie have more than enough moves from the first game alone without needing to draw on stuff that Mumbo can do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe this is because I haven’t played any Banjo game, but I am completely cool with his moveset.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So since there's only two weeks left until the Game Awards and I have a strong feeling in my gut that Fighter #5 is going to be revealed there, who do you guys think it's going to be?

Because between the various deconfirms between Vergeben and Sabi as well as the recent Resident Evil Spirit event, I feel like right now, it's a toss-up between Sora from Kingdom Hearts and that Lloyd guy from Tales of Symphonia.
So after seeing GameXplain's recent video about FP5 possibly being a Nintendo character, all the big 3rd party deconfirms from Sabi and Verge, and hearing Fatmanonice Fatmanonice say pretty much almost all the characters E3 and beyond will probably be nothing but 3rd party characters from new companies net yet represented in the game? Than yeah, my final conclusion it's a Nintendo character. Who exactly? I don't know. It could be Elma, it could be Porky, it could be Bandana Dee.

View attachment 249398
I really wanted the egg type switching to be in their moveset. It would work similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts in where you can choose to pick which egg type you want by moving the control stick in that direction.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

View attachment 249398
My only real complaint with their moveset is the lack of an Egg Select option for their Egg Firing/Breegull Blaster/Rear Egg moves, adding fire, ice, battery, and clockwork Kazooie eggs to their arsenal and giving them more projectile options. It would give them something unique like Joker, Hero, and Terry, and it could probably just be a button press like in the original games, maybe while shielding or something. Blue eggs being fast medium-range stunners with three eggs per button press, fire eggs firing once each slow but having good range and causing good knockback/burn damage, ice eggs firing once each slow but have good range and at higher percentages cause freezing damage, battery eggs firing pretty fast one each at close range and causing shocking stun damage, clockwork Kazooie eggs firing once very slow and short range but popping out a clockwork Kazooie bomb like Bowser Jr.'s Mechakoopas that walk around the stage and explode after a short time or make contact with someone, and of course grenade eggs which are the absolute slowest and only fire once on screen, but obviously cause explosive knockback damage and travel very far. Maybe if they hopefully become veterans someday they could add them to their arsenal. And some other nitpicks are just animation tweeks, such as giving Feathery Flap a longer duration to allow them better horizontal movement and recovery, and having their backward Flap Flip jump animation have Kazooie out with Banjo helping him jump lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My only real complaint with their moveset is the lack of an Egg Select option for their Egg Firing/Breegull Blaster/Rear Egg moves, adding fire, ice, battery, and clockwork Kazooie eggs to their arsenal and giving them more projectile options. It would give them something unique like Joker, Hero, and Terry. Blue eggs being fast stunners with three eggs per button press, fire eggs firing once each slow but cause good knockback/burn damage, ice eggs firing once each slow but at higher percentages cause freezing damage, battery eggs firing pretty fast one each and causing shocking stun damage, clockwork Kazooie eggs firing once very slow and short range but popping out a clockwork Kazooie bomb like Bowser Jr.'s Mechakoopas that walk around the stage and explode after a short time or make contact with someone, and of course grenade eggs which are the absolute slowest and only fire once on screen, but obviously cause explosive knockback damage. Maybe if they hopefully become veterans someday they could add them to their arsenal. And some other nitpicks are just animation tweeks, such as giving Feathery Flap a longer duration to allow them better horizontal movement and recovery, and having their backward Flap Flip jump animation have Kazooie out with Banjo helping him jump lol.
Oh!

Changing eggs would have been really cool the way you describe it!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So after seeing GameXplain's recent video about FP5 possibly being a Nintendo character, all the big 3rd party deconfirms from Sabi and Verge, and hearing Fatmanonice Fatmanonice say pretty much almost all the characters E3 and beyond will probably be nothing but 3rd party characters from new companies net yet represented in the game? Than yeah, my final conclusion it's a Nintendo character. Who exactly? I don't know. It could be Elma, it could be Porky, it could be Bandana Dee.
I honestly don't think it'll be a Nintendo character; I mean, why have four third-party characters in a row and then suddenly end on a Nintendo character. Plus, unless there's a Nintendo franchise I'm not thinking of, I can't see any Spirits coming with a character from an already-represented franchise, particularly with how the DLC Spirit Board is handled.

The multiple deconfirmations for FP5 have only raised my hopes that Sora'll be Fighter #5!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

View attachment 249398
I feel like my issue with the moveset is that what's typical for Smash is a character gets a certain moveset, and it largely sticks with them for the rest of the time they're in the series, which is why it's important to get it all right from the start--and I believe that was their intention, as they've noted in the past. It would be great if this was a first iteration, and come next game, they added egg types and a flight pad*. To me those are the only two big missing things. Outside of the character, a Gruntilda boss, and Mumbo Jumbo assist trophy would work perfectly.

That being said, it's amazing they have so much of their original moves in the game already, and Sakurai made note of that. As I mentioned as my reasons for Banjo & Kazooie to come to Smash, their moves fit nearly perfectly within the game as is, and I feel like they got it 90% right. Not the 99% I'm used to for certain characters (they went all out for Hero), but better than most (RIP Sonic).

* The Flight Pad is difficult to incorporate into Smash, since allowing them to fly would make them broken, which is why it was likely not included. Feels weird to have the Shock Spring Pad in without the Flight Pad, though, which is why I think it could be reconfigured to be their forward air. Banjo & Kazooie do their flight animation, but immediately go into a beak bomb attack. Not sure how that works move/meta wise, but it makes sense based on the games. But that's just one example of many ways a Flight Pad could be reconfigured to work in Smash.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They pretty much nailed 90% of Banjo-Kazooie's moveset, Just like how everyone has been saying forever that they were pretty much built for Smash.

But if I can make 3 changes these would be the ones:

Down Smash: Should have been Pack Whack, I don't mind their current Down Smash as it's quick, But I felt like Pack Whack was the most obvious choice for Down Smash just like how Breegull Bash was their most obvious choice for Forward Smash and I wanted to see at least one move where Banjo attacks with his backpack.

Egg Arsenal: Probably their most glaring omission, Don't mind their current arsenal, But it would have been nice to see them cycle through Fire, Ice and Grenade (Outside of Down b).

Forward Air: I love Banjo's Powerful Bear Claw as it's very similar in style and strength to Dr. Mario's, But it would have been awesome and hilarious to see Banjo use Kazooie more as melee weapon in some attacks kind of like how Sword users have a lot of range with their F-air's, I would have loved to see Banjo doing the same thing with Kazooie a la Bregull Bash.

Other than that they are pretty much perfect and I am happy and thankful to finally have them in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Who do you like better, Banjo or Kazooie and why? I like kazooie better because of her more funny and memorable personality, like when she insults a lot of the characters.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I honestly don't think it'll be a Nintendo character; I mean, why have four third-party characters in a row and then suddenly end on a Nintendo character. Plus, unless there's a Nintendo franchise I'm not thinking of, I can't see any Spirits coming with a character from an already-represented franchise, particularly with how the DLC Spirit Board is handled.

The multiple deconfirmations for FP5 have only raised my hopes that Sora'll be Fighter #5!
What about Shantae?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I'm unsure on her. Either she's FP5, either she isn't, but is the first post-pass character who immediately gets revealed at the VGAs, or isn't announced until later. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that anything could happen except for big-name third parties.
Plus, she can quiet others who think Spirits deconfirm. -_- Why do they assume that anyway?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Plus, she can quiet others who think Spirits deconfirm. -_- Why do they assume that anyway?
It's simple really; even only one character who's a spirit in the base game would be enough to shut down that stupid fan rule that needlessly stifles speculation into "X super-famous third party being likelier than anything else that surely has zero chance".

The sooner that's put to rest, the better. I couldn't tell you how annoying it already was to be talked down just to think there would be any other DLC after the pass got fully released.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The image in this Tweet is amazing.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice

Look at inklings left eye.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Who do you like better, Banjo or Kazooie and why? I like kazooie better because of her more funny and memorable personality, like when she insults a lot of the characters.
I absolutely love both, But Kazooie is the one that most would agree steals the show.

Banjo the muscle and tank of the duo is a lovable dopey, goofy hillbilly/country bumpkin bear who is your prototypical hero who has a good heart and always wants to the right thing, He's is pretty vanilla at times, But still provides comical and slapstick humor moments, Plus his voice samples are funny and great. "Guh-Huh !!!"

Kazooie is the swiss army knife and speed of the duo who is an absolute *****, But in the most hilarious ways, She's quick to insult or judge anyone whether it's a friend or foe, Some boss fights probably could have been avoided if she would just keep her beak shut, But unfortunately and hilariously she drags Banjo into it as well who at times tries to avoid confrontations, But she also doesn't take crap from anyone and doesn't turn back from a fight. "Breee !!!"

Banjo-Kazooie's character dynamic is what really makes them such likeable and memorable protagonist's (Design and Personality) and one of the major reasons why they were so heavily demanded for Smash.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It's simple really; even only one character who's a spirit in the base game would be enough to shut down that stupid fan rule that needlessly stifles speculation into "X super-famous third party being likelier than anything else that surely has zero chance".

The sooner that's put to rest, the better. I couldn't tell you how annoying it already was to be talked down just to think there would be any other DLC after the pass got fully released.
Honestly, I think that DLC Spirits/Costumes are indeed disconfirms - the planning is working in a different way than base game, really. Someone that is non-playable in DLC likely wouldn't be playable anyway, because of the way the choices are being handled compared to base.

Base game Spirits/Costumes, though? I'd say there is a chance, however small. There are several instances of Sakurai wanting to put a character in, but couldn't due to time constraints (Spring Man and Rex come to mind) so he gave them another role in base Ultimate. There's nothing saying that these characters can't get a second chance. But if all DLC is indeed third party, or at least most of it... yeah, the probability is kinda small.

I guess we just need to wait and see how post Pass will work.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I think that DLC Spirits/Costumes are indeed disconfirms - the planning is working in a different way than base game, really. Someone that is non-playable in DLC likely wouldn't be playable anyway, because of the way the choices are being handled compared to base.

Base game Spirits/Costumes, though? I'd say there is a chance, however small. There are several instances of Sakurai wanting to put a character in, but couldn't due to time constraints (Spring Man and Rex come to mind) so he gave them another role in base Ultimate. There's nothing saying that these characters can't get a second chance. But if all DLC is indeed third party, or at least most of it... yeah, the probability is kinda small.

I guess we just need to wait and see how post Pass will work.
Yeah, I'm also certain that DLC stuff are definite deconfirms, due to clearer intent and boldly advertised events related to them (sorry, Resident Evil fans).

The one thing that I'm really uncertain about is whether anything would be done with ATs, as they might want to focus resources elsewhere (or simply just do the same thing as last time out of habit). Who knows, tho.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The one thing that I'm really uncertain about is whether anything would be done with ATs, as they might want to focus resources elsewhere (or simply just do the same thing as last time out of habit). Who knows, tho.
I actually think this might be one of the reasons why post-pass DLC is a thing: Because while they were able to acknowledge complaints about Mewtwo and Roy still being gone and Lucas being cut in 4, Ultimate's Fighters Pass's plans were finalized before any sort of deconfirmation backlash.

On the other hand, Sakurai also acknowledged backlash against Ridley being a boss...by saying he's too big and not giving up on that statement until he saw there was still enough demand for him to be playable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I actually think this might be one of the reasons why post-pass DLC is a thing: Because while they were able to acknowledge complaints about Mewtwo and Roy still being gone and Lucas being cut in 4, Ultimate's Fighters Pass's plans were finalized before any sort of deconfirmation backlash.

On the other hand, Sakurai also acknowledged backlash against Ridley being a boss...by saying he's too big and not giving up on that statement until he saw there was still enough demand for him to be playable.
Given the Twitter incidents, I wonder if this'll force Nintendo to swallow their pride and allow the Camelot-created Waluigi to show up in something other than sports, party and dance spin-offs. When even :ultdaisy: managed to get in, it'll become much harder for even the casual fans to ignore Waluigi's continued absence from fighter status.

Although, in fairness to those 3 being mentioned, they were all veterans, which is somewhat easier to implement than newcomers...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Although, in fairness to those 3 being mentioned, they were all veterans, which is somewhat easier to implement than newcomers...
Another thing to consider is that Ridley probably would've been more likely to be DLC if that didn't potentially mean messing with how a stage works. The Duck Hunt dog could coexist as a fighter and a part of the Duck Hunt stage because one was 8-bit and the other was HD, while the boss and fighter Ridley would both be HD.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Ah. Makes me smile seeing Banjo & Kazooie there. :)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wow, Smash is already one year old. :grin:

And I'm one year older. :crazy:

It's great, and a great image to celebrate those returning and those who are new to Smash. It's great seeing Banjo & Kazooie there. Now if only I had a reason to do anything with Spirit mode. :rotfl:

andree123

Smash Ace
Three of SNES Classic Edition's games is released into Nintendo Switch online.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Three of SNES Classic Edition's games is released into Nintendo Switch online.
Kind of BS they gotta leave my boy DK hanging without any of the Donkey Kong Country games added to the service.

It's the least that Nintendo could have done to celebrate Donkey Kong Country's 25th Anniversary in November, But for whatever they didn't bother to acknowledge it.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, we're officially just one week away from the Game Awards...and hopefully the revelation of who Fighter #5 is. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Sora!

Also

Kind of BS they gotta leave my boy DK hanging without any of the Donkey Kong Country games added to the service.

It's the least that Nintendo could have done to celebrate Donkey Kong Country's 25th Anniversary in November, But for whatever they didn't bother to acknowledge it.
Full agreement; frankly, I feel that, at the very least, the first Donkey Kong Country game (if not the entire trilogy) should've been among the FIRST games they put out for the service.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DKC has been done dirty overall lately. The unaffiliated wind instrument concert for SNES games from last year or so (done by the OVMF organisation) had Jungle Hijinx as the very last track...as a lead-in to the title screen for Final Fantasy VI.

At least they'll get to those DKC games later on the Switch service, but the concert in Montreal was a wasted opportunity for the Donkster, somehow.

I'm more surprised that they went with Breath Of Fire II of all games as the first Capcom one, seeing how dreadfully the series got treated in recent years. The selection is a bit bizarre, not even Zelda is in the initial batch, almost as if they picked names out of a hat. Although I'm not really that fussy.

Anyway, thread mood:

Last edited:

Jiggy Hunter

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3931-4137-6803
So glad to have my favorite video game characters in my favorite video game! Waited about 20 years and so grateful!

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I think they were going for more of a Banjo-Kazooie moveset and not a Banjo-Tooie moveset, I mean sure there is 3 moves from Tooie (Grenade, Breegull bash, Bill Drill) but I'm honestly fine with how their moveset turned out and I've attuned with them fairly well!

And yeah Personally I think it would of been cool to cycle through the various types of eggs Banjo and Kazooie get so you can mix your gameplay up.
Normal Eggs - 2%, fast firing speed
Fire Eggs - 8.5%, moderate firing speed
Grenade - 15%, Slow firing speed
Ice - 7%, has chance to freeze at High percents
Clockwerk - 1% initial hit, 12% if struck by Clockwerk Kazooie, once hatches, walks around like Jr's Mecha-Koopa.

But all in all, I'm just glad their in the game in general, I'm never asking Sakurai for anything ever again.

Top Bottom