• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It’s already the 6-month anniversary of Banjo & Kazooie’s reveal. I’m still ecstatic beyond words on them and their universe joining Smash!
Technically it's 5 months, But still a celebration nonetheless.

Whenever I boot up Ultimate, Sometimes I take an extra second to take a step back and look at some of the small things that still can't make me believe Banjo-Kazooie are in Super Smash Bros.

- Microsoft's Copyright in the Title Screen

- Microsoft/Rare Copyright in the soundtracks, Even though Rare is also credited in some of the Donkey Kong Country tracks as well.

- Whenever the loading screens show fun facts of the duo such as their origin of debuting in Diddy Kong Racing (1997).

- Taking a look at the roster selection screen featuring some of the most iconic characters in video game history and thinking to myself "Hell Yeah !!!, Banjo-Kazooie are in Elite Company !!!"

- Seeing the Jiggy logo/icon representing the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

- Selecting Banjo-Kazooie and pressing the B button multiple times just to keep hearing the announcer say "Banjo & Kazooie !!!" (Feels so right and satisfying)

I don't think I will ever stop doing any of these things.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I attempted to get to level 9.9 on Banjo & Kazooie's Classic Route...and failed, mainly at the Hands.

However, I did manage to end on 9.4, so that's pretty good.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so this came up:

Will you lads be watching? I honestly don't know, XO18 felt like such a waste of time to me, even when not expecting BK Smash revealing.

Also, buncha hooligans in the audience cheering at every little thing.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, so this came up:

Will you lads be watching? I honestly don't know, XO18 felt like such a waste of time to me, even when not expecting BK Smash revealing.

I'll check after the show if they actually did show anything about AoEIV.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so this came up:

XO18 felt like such a waste of time to me, even when not expecting BK Smash revealing.
Honestly, even if Banjo & Kazooie weren't in Smash Ultimate at this point, I still wouldn't go in expecting a Smash reveal considering Smash isn't Microsoft's game.

In other unrelated news, I got a message today saying that Version 6.1.0 is coming soon. What kind of changes do you guys think are coming?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In other unrelated news, I got a message today saying that Version 6.1.0 is coming soon. What kind of changes do you guys think are coming?
There's a glitch with Terry where, if he hits the Ice Climber that isn't controlled by the player with a Buster Wolf, he freezes mid-animation along with the NPC Ice Climber. At the very least, I assume that it's going to fix that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
There's a glitch with Terry where, if he hits the Ice Climber that isn't controlled by the player with a Buster Wolf, he freezes mid-animation along with the NPC Ice Climber. At the very least, I assume that it's going to fix that.
Huh. Wasn't even aware that was a thing. Though I'm typically not privy to any glitches in the game.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Okay, so this came up:

I kind of want to, But at the same time it seems like the last couple of Xbox conferences the last few of years have been boring, disappointing or just have 3rd Party games that don't interest me and that tends to be like 90% of the conference show.

Other than minor/mild interest in Halo and to a somewhat lesser extent Gears, Rare Ltd is really the only reason I have any interest at all with Microsoft's Xbox brand.

Hoping for a Banjo-Kazooie Remastered, Threeie or Reboot announcement for not just Xbox, But Switch as well, But not expecting it to happen.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hoping for a Banjo-Kazooie Remastered, Threeie or Reboot announcement for not just Xbox, But Switch as well, But not expecting it to happen.
Yeah, I'm not really expecting it. To be honest, I don't think we need one right away, otherwise we'd lose our "recent games releases aren't necessary for a character to get in Smash" cred.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not really expecting it. To be honest, I don't think we need one right away, otherwise we'd lose our "recent games releases aren't necessary for a character to get in Smash" cred.
I'm perfectly fine with losing that cred if it meant something new Banjo-Kazooie coming sooner rather than later. Cred is meaningless, a game I can play. :chuckle:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm perfectly fine with losing that cred if it meant something new Banjo-Kazooie coming sooner rather than later. Cred is meaningless, a game I can play. :chuckle:
Same here I would love a Banjo-Kazooie Remaster, Threeie, Reboot or a Rare Replay port, Hell I will even take XBLA versions of Kazooie and Tooie on the eShop, It's better than nothing.

Whether Banjo-Kazooie was an advertisement for a new game or not, One thing we can all agree is that their Super Smash Bros debut was deserving and long overdue.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
We're going to see a new IP from Rare tomorrow.

I'm interested in seeing what it is, even if it's not Banjo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I work at that time tomorrow, but even if I didn't, I figure that it will be a lot like Microsoft's E3 presentations - two, maybe three games that I'm interested in, and a lot of stuff that I honestly don't care about. I'll just find out what Rare's new IP is tomorrow.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, since a good deal of time has passed since his release (and there currently isn't anything interesting happening right now), I feel like now's a good time to give my thoughts on Terry, and honestly, while he's probably my least-favorite DLC Fighter released so far, I still really love him; his overall playstyle feels like a simpler version of Ryu and Ken's (minus the whole weak-strong button press mechanic, which I'm thankful for since I couldn't quite get the hang of it in Ultimate), he feels like he has quite a bit more personality than them, and once I got the hang of the inputs, his Super Specials are pretty fun and satisfying to use, especially with the input cancel mechanic.

I also really liked the King of Fighters Stadium; the gimmick is pretty unique and fun, there aren't any extra hazards to get in the way, and with its simple layout, free-for-alls of at least four fighters can get pretty chaotic while still feeling fun.

Finally, while I haven't listened to all the remixes in the soundtrack yet, I will say that at least with the Fatal Fury/King of Fighters remixes, I really love what they've done. My current favorite might be Terry's theme from Fatal Fury 2 (which I can't remember the name of right now); it's a pretty good head-bopper!

Overall, I'd say Terry's an incredibly solid addition to the roster as a more accessible version of Ryu and Ken, with a fun stage and some awesome remixes to boot! And honestly, at this point, even if the final fighter in this round of DLC ends up being crap, overall, I'd still feel pretty damn satisfied with the Fighter's Pass and would say that it was worth the 30 bucks I wound up using to buy it ahead of time.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd personally like to weigh in on the Fighters Pass in general, because, honestly? It's been pretty stellar in my opinion. All four characters introduced so far have been perfect additions to the Smash roster in my opinion, bringing something unique or iconic to the franchise.

Joker, while probably the one I was least excited for due to not really liking his series or style, has grown on me as a playable character, with an awesome mix of speed, strength, and style.

Hero has been just super freaking fun to play as with some really satisfying hitting moves and a mind-blowing array of specials to play with, you never know how his matchups will go down.

Banjo & Kazooie, what can I say that hasn't already been said? They should've been in the game a long time ago and its still so surreal that my all-time favorite video game characters FINALLY made it in and got such representation of their world. My only nitpicks with them are the lack of some defining fighter ability that would make them stand out among the other Fighter Pass characters, other than maybe their Wonderwing which I don't really consider one. I sincerely hope they'll be veterans in the future and can be given more diversity in their moveset, especially something like more eggs from Banjo-Tooie to give them more powerful projectile options and a true Feathery Flap that lets them recover more horizontally.

Terry is a freaking BEAST in this game. I've been having so much fun playing with him like a Street Fighter-style character and been coming up with so many combos. I've had so many matchups where I've 0-to-KO'd someone at the very start just from combo options.

I'm really interested to see who the final fighter in the Fighter Pass will be. While I'm personally hoping it'll be someone more cartoony like Crash or Rayman, as long as the character is someone iconic and brings something fun and unique gameplay wise to the table, I'll be satisfied. And just the fact that there are STILL more fighters in development boggles my mind.

All their stages have been amazing as well and I really hope Sakurai considers making more new stages in general because even though there's a ton of returning stages in game, I really wish they would've gone all the way and brought back every stage to ever be in Smash. I'm still holding out hope for swappable stage skins for versions of Battlefield and Final Destination from previous installments. And while I get not bringing back some stages such as Planet Zebes, Sector Z, Mushroom Kingdom (Melee), Flat Zone (Melee), Flat Zone 2 (Brawl), Pictochat, and Miiverse, not having Mute City (Melee), Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, Orbital Gate Assault, and Woolly World is a crime and a half. Also, official Bowser's Castle stage with new remixes of previous Bowser boss fight themes please and thank you!

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Can't say I'm sure if I feel like wading through two hours of overhyped nonsense just to find 5 minutes of actually interesting details. Especially since it starts when Let's Make A Deal is on the telly.
Yeah, it's why I'll wait until it's over to hear if any news I'm interested in comes out. When it comes to Xbox, the only thing that interests me is Banjo-Kazooie--not even a big fan of modern Rare games. So, I expect nothing, but will keep up to date. Also, I expect if anything happens Banjo-Kazooie wise, ya'll who do watch will keep us up-to-date in this forum. :grin:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, so this came up:

Man wouldn't be "Marvelous!" If we saw the Smash reveal logo pop up only to be cut in half by Conker with a chainsaw?! I would **** my pants. But chances of that happening are like 2% lol!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
New Rare IP? Well now they have my attention, But will still wait to find out what it is since I will be working and Microsoft will likely have a teaser trailer or something on their Xbox Youtube channel later today so I will just wait for that.

I'm new too crazy about modern Rare's take on gaming today, If Sea of Thieves is anything to go by and hope to take more of an old school approach.

I want something cartoony, fun and charming on the level of Banjo-Kazooie or Donkey Kong Country, But judging from modern Rare's studio philosophy, I'm not expecting that and expecting something more catered towards Xbox's audience.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man wouldn't be "Marvelous!" If we saw the Smash reveal logo pop up only to be cut in half by Conker with a chainsaw?! I would **** my pants. But chances of that happening are like 2% lol!
It's a Microsoft event, as past history has shown us, it's pointless to expect Smash news at all when Nintendo has no involvement over there. So it's more like 0%. :p

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We're going to see a new IP from Rare tomorrow.

I'm interested in seeing what it is, even if it's not Banjo.
I wonder what Rare is up too...

My only hope for the show is a release date for Reach in MCC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Walmart Canada knows what's up regarding this Xbox presentation:

D

Deleted member

This seems to be the new Rare project:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
This is not Smash related or Banjo related, and I don't care. We Pokemon fans are extremely angry right now. #GameFreakLied

And it's reaching Japanese Pokemon fans too. I am very angry they lied, and broke my trust. They destroyed my trust for them. They are reusing models from Sun & Moon. And they don't care ONE BUT about us fans. Spread the # and let those greedy developers know: we're onto their lies.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It looks OK at best mainly because of the wildlife, But the human players look boring. Mostly disappointing Overall, Than again I didn't have high hopes on their upcoming reveal.

Call me "Old School", But I kind of hate how "Open-World" is now widely considered the pinnacle of gaming, It seems like anytime anyone mentions in the comment section online "Oh if this franchise had an open world game It would be the best game ever, Now give me all your likes !!!".

That's were the future of gaming seems to be going Open World and strictly giant online multiplayer only games.

Not a fan of Rare's artstyle in recent years and miss Rareware's old style of googly eyes and wacky fun animal characters with humor and innuendo, But I guess modern Rare thinks thats an outdated approach and wants to be more ambitious and adventurous.

At least we still have Playtonic Games and hopefully they get a chance to work on Banjo-Kazooie in the future.

Rareware > Rare.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
This is not Smash related or Banjo related, and I don't care. We Pokemon fans are extremely angry right now. #GameFreakLied

And it's reaching Japanese Pokemon fans too. I am very angry they lied, and broke my trust. They destroyed my trust for them. They are reusing models from Sun & Moon. And they don't care ONE BUT about us fans. Spread the # and let those greedy developers know: we're onto their lies.
No I won't because I'm really tired of this nonsense. Besides, I'm not even a competitive player; I'm more in it for the story, journey, and trying out the new Pokemon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point Rare went the same path as Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Insomniac; desperately wanting to be adult and willing to let go of their childhood in the process.

They should have done as C.S. Lewis once said: "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
At this point Rare went the same path as Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch and Insomniac; desperately wanting to be adult and willing to let go of their childhood in the process.

They should have done as C.S. Lewis once said: "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
Difference being: ND, SP and Insomniac actually made some good stuff even after abandoning their earlier IPs. Rare barely has that with Sea of Thieves.

At this point, I'd really rather they sold the rights to someone else. Preferably either Playtonic or Retro.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
No I won't because I'm really tired of this nonsense. Besides, I'm not even a competitive player; I'm more in it for the story, journey, and trying out the new Pokemon.
Gotten so bad someone is making a petition to stop the games sales, and guess who he asking? Trump.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Gotten so bad someone is making a petition to stop the games sales, and guess who he asking? Trump.
Basically just another example of how this whole "National Dex" fiasco has REALLY gotten out of hand, and like I said before, I want no part of it; I just want to enjoy Pokemon Sword when I've saved up enough to buy it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

It does suck that this is all happening and while I do believe that Game Freak should be held accountable for their crappy PR

...But if I had to be honest, I'm still excited about the game and plan on buying it tomorrow.

Why you ask? Because I really do genuinely have always had fun and enjoyed playing Pokemon from Gen 1-7, Some generations are better than others, But I always had fun playing all of them and after more than 20 years I'm sure as hell not stopping now.

For me Pokemon is about the world and journey of exploring through a new region/world and catching new Pokemon and finding new team of favorites this time around, Don't get me wrong "Dexit" sucks and if it was up to me all Pokemon would be back, But it's not like Dexit makes this game unplayable, At it's core it's still plays like classic Pokemon. I don't want to heavily fall back on old favorites from generations past, They had their time in the sun, It's time for a new generation to shine.

Pokemon is my all time favorite series and is really the only JRPG series I have interest in, No other game or franchise can substitute for something that I have loved since I was 4-5 years old and while this game isn't everything what everyone is hoping for I'm still bound to have a really fun time with it.

Day 1 Buy.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It does suck that this is all happening and while I do believe that Game Freak should be held accountable for their crappy PR

...But if I had to be honest, I'm still excited about the game and plan on buying it tomorrow.

Why you ask? Because I really do genuinely have always had fun and enjoyed playing Pokemon from Gen 1-7, Some generations are better than others, But I always had fun playing all of them and after more than 20 years I'm sure as hell not stopping now.

For me Pokemon is about the world and journey of exploring through a new region/world and catching new Pokemon and finding new team of favorites this time around, Don't get me wrong "Dexit" sucks and if it was up to me all Pokemon would be back, But it's not like Dexit makes this game unplayable, At it's core it's still plays like classic Pokemon. I don't want to heavily fall back on old favorites from generations past, They had their time in the sun, It's time for a new generation to shine.

Pokemon is my all time favorite series and is really the only JRPG series I have interest in, No other game or franchise can substitute for something that I have loved since I was 4-5 years old and while this game isn't everything what everyone is hoping for I'm still bound to have a really fun time with it.

Day 1 Buy.
That's fine. I wasn't trying to get you to not buy it. I just thought you'd wanna hear.

Basically just another example of how this whole "National Dex" fiasco has REALLY gotten out of hand, and like I said before, I want no part of it; I just want to enjoy Pokemon Sword when I've saved up enough to buy it.
And you go ahead and enjoy. I lost my trust for Game Freak though.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That's fine. I wasn't trying to get you to not buy it. I just thought you'd wanna hear.

And you go ahead and enjoy. I lost my trust for Game Freak though.
Though I'm still getting Pokemon Sword today and will very likely enjoy it, I still believe there are some good honest workers at Game Freak, But are being mismanaged and held back by the "Executives" who call all the shots and those are the ones who should be held accountable for handling this whole sitiuation very poorly, But I really hope this whole controversy really catches Nintendo's attention and helps light a fire under their ass for trying to damage the Pokemon brand or even better and it's somewhat of a longshot Nintendo buys out the remaining shares of the Pokemon IP from Game Freak and Creatures inc or just buyout Game Freak for a studio restructure so Nintendo can have full control of the Pokemon franchise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom