• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I made this video thumbnail for the bear-birb duo.

Banjo & Kazooie (Ultimate).png

For some reason the renders straight from the official Smash Bros. website won't work with Paint.NET anymore (for me at least; won't work with Windows 10's default image viewer, either), despite being pngs, so I'm guessing they messed with the file structure somehow and idk what to do; they used to work, now they don't. Had to grab the render from the Smash wiki; wish I could grab their alt. colors :S

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
On the topic of alts, I'm fine without alt costumes--it's not generally something Banjo-Kazooie is well known for, and I feel like the references to Nuts & Bolts are a good reflection of the proportion of fans who like the game compared with the number of fans of the originals. The only exception is Dragon Kazooie, I think that fits really well, but I figured they wouldn't given Sakurai mentioned that alt costumes that are consistent with their moveset is important, which is why we don't have a Tanooki Mario alt, for instance.

And unlike most characters, I actually like some of the alt colors for Banjo & Kazooie. Normal, Grunty, Blue/Red, and Mumbo. Conceptually, I like Boggi's alt, but I'm not a fan of how it looks, same with the all yellow alt. They mostly lack the hue variety I'd want in alt colors. But normal's the best--given I'm such a fan of their design, you can't be the original. :chuckle:

I want to rant something and vent my anger. But, I know I will get in trouble if I do.
I have the same issues. It's why I try to find the appropriate outlet to vent those frustrations so they're not bottled up. This forum might not be the best place, but I'm sure there are other platforms to look into :)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Wait a minute...

Craig Duncan: People think they want a new Banjo & Kazooie game but I'm not sure that's really what they want.

My goodness... was he referring to Banjo & Kazooie in smash this whole time?

cad7d5684798c1b99b58b14e3ba5326ea6ab92f16699971ad8ad5ab94242a786.jpg

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
On the topic of alts, I'm fine without alt costumes--it's not generally something Banjo-Kazooie is well known for, and I feel like the references to Nuts & Bolts are a good reflection of the proportion of fans who like the game compared with the number of fans of the originals. The only exception is Dragon Kazooie, I think that fits really well, but I figured they wouldn't given Sakurai mentioned that alt costumes that are consistent with their moveset is important, which is why we don't have a Tanooki Mario alt, for instance.

And unlike most characters, I actually like some of the alt colors for Banjo & Kazooie. Normal, Grunty, Blue/Red, and Mumbo. Conceptually, I like Boggi's alt, but I'm not a fan of how it looks, same with the all yellow alt. They mostly lack the hue variety I'd want in alt colors. But normal's the best--given I'm such a fan of their design, you can't be the original. :chuckle:

I have the same issues. It's why I try to find the appropriate outlet to vent those frustrations so they're not bottled up. This forum might not be the best place, but I'm sure there are other platforms to look into :)
I already did. Feeling better.

Deetchy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7783 1634 4990
Wait a minute...

Craig Duncan: People think they want a new Banjo & Kazooie game but I'm not sure that's really what they want.

My goodness... was he referring to Banjo & Kazooie in smash this whole time?

View attachment 242534
I really don't think that's the case. Craig Duncan strikes me as the kind of guy who's heart is in the right place since he genuinely wants Rare to create new and exciting IPs, but this results in him basically dismissing any and all fan-demand. Rare overall is a company that's almost always prioritized it's own ideas over what their fans and customers want. This strategy has had a ton of mixed results for them. It's a big reason they're SO insanely invested in Sea of Thieves right now, since they've been wanting to make a pirate game since the early 90's.

So unfortunately I think Craig sincerely believes that people don't really want a brand new Banjo game. Banjo in Smash likely didn't mean anything to him. It's a fighting game from Nintendo, all he had to do likely was just approve it. I doubt he was involved in Banjo's inclusion more than that.

I really dislike Duncan as the leader of Rare, to be honest. I can't help but think he's been really bad for the company.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly, the fact that Grabbed by the Ghoulies was always planned to be the Banjo team's next venture after Tooie and not a proper Banjo-Threeie kinda shows what Rare's priorities have always been.

Hell, the fact that they turned down working on DKC3 when they developed the first two games so they could work on Dream/Banjo also says it all.

Last edited:

Deetchy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7783 1634 4990
I’m surprised more people haven’t noticed this but Banjo’s ‘super saiyan’ alt is based on the hero from Project Dream. His green backpack and red shorts are a nod to the protag’s clothing, and Kazooie’s coloring could reference his boots/wrist guards/sword hilt. Even the skin tone is similar.
View attachment 242477
Yeeeeaaah this is a mighty big old stretch, chief. The yellow alt is most likely a reference to Banjo-Tooie's yellow Banjo from the FPS mode, though it could also be referencing Canary Mary or Humba Wumba.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m surprised more people haven’t noticed this but Banjo’s ‘super saiyan’ alt is based on the hero from Project Dream. His green backpack and red shorts are a nod to the protag’s clothing, and Kazooie’s coloring could reference his boots/wrist guards/sword hilt. Even the skin tone is similar.
View attachment 242477
I can see it. The fact that he is Yellow I don't get, though.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
When I was Oz, I thought that with enough preparation, I would always win. But I was wrong. I was trapped in an unwinnable war, refusing to see the obvious answers right in front of me. The answers that are so clear to me now, with victory right around the corner.

To win you need to adapt, and to adapt, you need to be able to laugh away all the restraints. Everything holding you back. You see… an Oz who laughs… is an Oz who ALWAYS wins.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Idk how many of you pay attention to sports and all, but Banjos inclusion and all of the events leading up to it kind of remind me of the Cubs World Series win in 2016

As in, even when both events became increasingly obvious it was going to happen (Leaks with Banjo and Cubs having best record in league that year), the long suffering fan bases still couldn’t believe it. Until they both finally happened, and it was the most magical feeling in the world.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Idk how many of you pay attention to sports and all, but Banjos inclusion and all of the events leading up to it kind of remind me of the Cubs World Series win in 2016

As in, even when both events became increasingly obvious it was going to happen (Leaks with Banjo and Cubs having best record in league that year), the long suffering fan bases still couldn’t believe it. Until they both finally happened, and it was the most magical feeling in the world.
Ugh, Don't remind me, No offense if you are a Cubs fan, But I'm actually a big baseball fan and live in the Chicago area, But I am Chicago White Sox fan, So naturally I hate the Cubs and dreaded that 2016 World Series run even though we won it back in 2005, Honestly it was more of the Cleveland Indians choking that series away than the Cubs winning it since they were at one point up 3-1 in the series and needed just one more win, But they completely ran out of gas, Though I will admit they had a good team, But the Cubs have been underwhelming the last couple of seasons and the tables are starting to turn as of lately as the White Sox are an up and coming team prime for contention starting as early as 2020-2021.

Sorry everyone if I got off topic as something as unrelated as baseball, But I just felt like I had to say it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I came across a rather neat art crossover.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, for anyone wondering about the status of the suit stunt: https://twitter.com/WinkySteve/status/1186250663518527489

Honestly, the fact that Grabbed by the Ghoulies was always planned to be the Banjo team's next venture after Tooie and not a proper Banjo-Threeie kinda shows what Rare's priorities have always been.

Hell, the fact that they turned down working on DKC3 when they developed the first two games so they could work on Dream/Banjo also says it all.
They lost everything of integrity so they could finally get to make an original pirate game. All that glitters is not gold, indeed. At least Krazy likes GbtG.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I came across a rather neat art crossover.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I really appreciate this since Banjo-Kazooie and Castlevania were the two third party games I really wanted represented in Smash for the longest time so it's really cool seeing a crossover like this ^^ Especially like Banjo & Kazooie being Simon & Richter and of course Gruntilda as Dracula.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
My younger brother uses Banjo & Kazooie a lot since the day they dropped in Smash. Because of that I've learned to respect Wonder Wing which is a powerful burst option that beats almost every attack but can be easily punished if one expects it. Still, that move has costed me stocks once in a while.

Then I threaten my brother telling him that I will send a letter to Sakurai asking him to reduce the feather count from five to one per stock if he doesn't stop killing me with it.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
Sharing some recent, neat Click Clock Wood remixes/covers:

It's a shame how we didn't get CCW in Smash. The happy go lucky tone would've fit well and been flexible enough to be sped up to fit the manic nature of Smash. Oh well!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Sharing some recent, neat Click Clock Wood remixes/covers:

It's a shame how we didn't get CCW in Smash. The happy go lucky tone would've fit well and been flexible enough to be sped up to fit the manic nature of Smash. Oh well!
My biggest hopes with Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a.) they'll finally get either a port or a remaster of Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie on the Nintendo Switch and b.) they'll be veterans in future Super Smash Bros. installments given Microsoft's friendly relationship with Nintendo and the apparent ease with which their inclusion was allowed in, mainly so that they can possibly have more added to the game from their series. Their music selections were top-notch, with the main theme from Banjo-Kazooie, Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, Gobi's Valley, and Mad Monster Mansion all getting AMAZING remixes and the addition of Mr. Patch's theme which was always my favorite boss theme in Banjo-Tooie, but if they added remixes to Gruntilda's Lair and Click Clock Wood, I would have no complaints, plus some fixes and additions to their moves and animations, such as the Feathery Flap allowing them a slow descent on the third jump and Kazooie being more prevalent in animations such as covering Banjo in their forward roll dash attack and their Flap Flip back jump animation, and, best case scenario, the addition of other eggs to their special moves.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So...it's been one year.

Let's take solace in the fact that we were the only ones (besides Ken who was already leaked) that made it off the Grinch banner.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So...it's been one year.

Let's take solace in the fact that we were the only ones (besides Ken who was already leaked) that made it off the Grinch banner.
Ken: "Now, it's over. So many people lent something to Galeem. Many people, for the last few months. They lent him everything."

Kazooie: "And many of those things will never be returned."

Ken: "Yeah. The Spirits we can't get back are too numerous and too great. What we've lost is as vast as the video game industry itself. But it's all because of them... it's because of them that we still live."

Banjo: "Isaac. Shadow. Mach Rider. Chorus Kids. Geno... It's over."

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Hard to take solace when Banjo made it but my other top choice Isaac was among the casualties. Still garbage he wasn't on the base roster. Still solid knowing he has another chance to make it with this new batch of DLC but just ugh. Can you imagine the absolute madness that would have been Ultimate if we got K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Banjo, and Geno in the same game? A shame we aren't in that timeline.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I found a great Banjo-Kazooie level mod. It's both Banjo & Smash related!

I wish I could play this... But at least it's cool! Even has a Zelda easter egg!

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
73. Banjo-Kazooie are a fantastic addition to the roster.

They only thing I would change is their character number: it should have been much lower.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hard to take solace when Banjo made it but my other top choice Isaac was among the casualties. Still garbage he wasn't on the base roster. Still solid knowing he has another chance to make it with this new batch of DLC but just ugh. Can you imagine the absolute madness that would have been Ultimate if we got K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Banjo, and Geno in the same game? A shame we aren't in that timeline.
You don't know, we could be living in that timeline. It's not over until Sakurai sings and if more than one Assist Trophy get's promoted besides Waluigi, Isaac is a given to happen. But of course, we all know Waluigi is going first if that happens.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's if assist trophies get promoted. If base Persona 5's lack of a port for Switch has taught me anything, it's that some companies or devs can be stubborn in regards to some of their traditional habits. Besides, they'd probably want to focus resources on characters that haven't gotten any moving 3D models yet.

The Grinch leak set a lot of people up for disappointment, don't let AT theories repeat history in that regard. Last thing we need is people going through an extremely slow Five Stages of Grief over that.

So...it's been one year.

I certainly do. I can't emphasize how much I no longer have to feel like I'm misled by community expectations every time a Microsoft-related event happens.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That's if assist trophies get promoted. If base Persona 5's lack of a port for Switch has taught me anything, it's that some companies or devs can be stubborn in regards to some of their traditional habits. Besides, they'd probably want to focus resources on characters that haven't gotten any moving 3D models yet.

The Grinch leak set a lot of people up for disappointment, don't let AT theories repeat history in that regard. Last thing we need is people going through an extremely slow Five Stages of Grief over that.
BOI

Don't even get me started on that one. Scramble is supposed to be a direct sequel to vanilla P5 (not The Royal), yet there's no vanilla P5 on Switch. Because, you know, that's exactly how you're supposed to expand into another platform. Without building a foundation to draw people in.

I'm not holding out hope for AT/Costume/Spirit promotions. Even if it happens, it's probably gonna be just one. DLC is looking to be mostly third party as it stands now... and considering our only options would be Three Houses, Gen 8 Pokémon and Astral Chain, maybe that's for the best.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, they'd run out of Japanese third-parties real fast if they continue to pass over unique second series characters, and I doubt they'll feel ready to jump into a metric ton of Westerners just yet. They're gonna have to include some characters from first-parties that are in the game sooner or later, regardless whether it's older or newer characters. Going just with third-parties would get expensive fast if there's just going to be diminishing returns over time, so they need a buffer period to work out negotiations for third-parties that'd be prohibitively expensive.

I wouldn't go into doom-saying. No one knows what's going to happen next. No one. Not leakers, not fakers, no one. All we can do is wait.

Also, nothing guarantees that recent games won't get deconfirmed via promo DLC spirits, as Daemon X Machina has shown us.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, they'd run out of Japanese third-parties real fast, and I doubt they'll feel ready to jump into a metric ton of Westerners just yet. They're gonna have to include some characters from first-parties that are in the game sooner or later, regardless whether it's older or newer characters. Going just with third-parties would get expensive fast if there's just going to be diminishing returns over time, so they need a buffer period to work out negotiations for third-parties that'd be prohibitively expensive.

I wouldn't go into doom-saying. No one knows what's going to happen next. No one. Not leakers, not fakers, no one. All we can do is wait.

Also, nothing guarantees that recent games won't get deconfirmed via promo DLC spirits, as Daemon X Machina has shown us.
I suppose. We also don't even know if this season will be the last or how many characters it will have in total. Heck, DLC from now on may be individual instead of a Pass - that's a legitimate possibility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the meantime, people have gotten increasingly anxious over wanting a female character added as DLC for diversity reasons, regardless of whether the choice would make sense gameplay-wise. Kazooie pretty much gets treated like chopped liver in regards to that, since she's one half of a moveset.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
In the meantime, people have gotten increasingly anxious over wanting a female character added as DLC for diversity reasons, regardless of whether the choice would make sense gameplay-wise. Kazooie pretty much gets treated like chopped liver in regards to that, since she's one half of a moveset.
She gets treated like chopped liver by the people who never played Banjo-Kazooie. Enough said.

I think most choises usually brought up make sense gameplay-wise, but in terms of actual chances? Hoo boy. Most of the characters I see come up are either first party, third party from a company already in the Pass or aren't the protagonist, but people seem to be ignoring any of these details.

At this point, I'd say only Jill Valentine and KOS-MOS are actually on the table. Even the Arle Nadja rumors didn't sway me and I'm a supporter.

I think people might be setting themselves up for disappointment. Again.

Even so, I feel like I don't have the right to be mad, because for once, people are actually speculating instead of discussing random things and flinging mud at each other. Some new faces that don't usually get the spotlight, too.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You don't know, we could be living in that timeline. It's not over until Sakurai sings and if more than one Assist Trophy get's promoted besides Waluigi, Isaac is a given to happen. But of course, we all know Waluigi is going first if that happens.
I dunno about that. While I wouldn't be surprised if Waluigi was the first AT promotion I also wouldn't be surprised if another character was promoted first. Whether be Isaac due to his comparable popularity and strength during the ballot or one of the third parties that we AT to having other characters needing to be there like Bomberman or Alucard. Either way though I'm not too concerned about Isaac making it I'm sure first party DLC will happen and so will promotions so long as we keep asking for it. But even when Isaac and Geno do get announced for DLC it won't match the fever pitch that would have happened if all of them together were on base.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Kazooie gets treated like chopped liver--she's 90% of the moveset.

Kazooie, both figuratively and literally, carries Banjo the entire time. :chuckle:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
She gets treated like chopped liver by the people who never played Banjo-Kazooie. Enough said.

I think most choises usually brought up make sense gameplay-wise, but in terms of actual chances? Hoo boy. Most of the characters I see come up are either first party, third party from a company already in the Pass or aren't the protagonist, but people seem to be ignoring any of these details.

At this point, I'd say only Jill Valentine and KOS-MOS are actually on the table. Even the Arle Nadja rumors didn't sway me and I'm a supporter.

I think people might be setting themselves up for disappointment. Again.

Even so, I feel like I don't have the right to be mad, because for once, people are actually speculating instead of discussing random things and flinging mud at each other. Some new faces that don't usually get the spotlight, too.
Well, being boxed into predictable expectations is still a step up from "only Steve, and/or Katalina/Hayabusa/Doom Slayer are coming, anyone that says otherwise is a heretic". It's a start, at least.

In any case, I'm still optimistic for what may be coming next, since we don't concretely know who got picked for sure.

kCxWGSH.gif

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I dunno about that. While I wouldn't be surprised if Waluigi was the first AT promotion I also wouldn't be surprised if another character was promoted first. Whether be Isaac due to his comparable popularity and strength during the ballot or one of the third parties that we AT to having other characters needing to be there like Bomberman or Alucard. Either way though I'm not too concerned about Isaac making it I'm sure first party DLC will happen and so will promotions so long as we keep asking for it. But even when Isaac and Geno do get announced for DLC it won't match the fever pitch that would have happened if all of them together were on base.
Krystal deserves to be promoted! We need a new Star Fox character, plus, she can finally join her old family on the roster. Remember, Rare were the ones who created Krystal, and she was a parting gift for Nintendo, since she became part of Star Fox.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I would rather a slippy & peppy B4 Krystal IMO could use the custome moves from smash 4 & even declone them from fox & falco

Folt

Smash Ace
IMO wanting someone in as a playable character purely because they would fill a quota is one of the stupidest reasons for championing someone for a roster, no matter the game.

However, if you want someone to be playable because they, to you, has the potential to be interesting in a hypothetical playable state, then champion away.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I never said krystal would play like fox or falco i was talking about slippy & peppy

fox & falco have been in nearly every smash game now & it would be nice if the rest of the star fox crew could join the battle as well

Dukefire

Smash Master
While Krystal is an Assist Trophy, she can bring something to the table with her fighting of the magic staff with elemental properties (other then just ice for AT), ability of her psychic powers and her experience with the star fox team

Top Bottom