• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't get why some people keep saying October 11th is the one year anniversary of the Grinch Leak when it actually started making waves around October 24th last year.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't get why some people keep saying October 11th is the one year anniversary of the Grinch Leak when it actually started making waves around October 24th last year.
Isn’t Oct 11 when Chad Ganondorf was posted?

Said post REEKS of the way that MarioTehPlumber from YouTube talks, even though no one believes me when I say that guy probably had a huge part in the making of the leak

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Said post REEKS of the way that MarioTehPlumber from YouTube talks, even though no one believes me when I say that guy probably had a huge part in the making of the leak
Nope, that was Septmber 29th.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I thought it was the last week of the month that it happened, but good to know, I guess.

At least it teached us never to trust anything that's not from a kind leaker (THAT ISN'T ON /v/) again...

Although attempts at luring people into giving fakes attention since then went back to being pathetic.

He probably contacted some actually talented people for a commission, then proceeded to take all the credit for their work.

It's a wonder the guy didn't proceed to mock everyone by posting a vid of him melting new :ultrosalina:amiibo afterwards.

Although a reply here proposes the possibility that the whole thing was really a publicity stunt to trick people into watching the latest Grinch remake: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9yjadk/did_the_grinch_hoaxer_ever_come_out/

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
...The guy is just retweeting a post he did, in which he told the fake leakers "you guys want to make something convincing like Smashified? Do something easy like the latest artwork", which he later regretted.

Also, here are more details on why Little Town Hero got started: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_director_on_stepping_out_of_pokemons_shadow
Oh. Did you see the video I linked? Wait...did I share it? I don't see the video I shared.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Indeed, the day Smashboards took note of it was Oct 24. I guess it's possible it was talked about beforehand, but I can't seem to find the original original place it was sighted.

But since we're close enough, here was my initial take on it.

Props if it's fake for actually moving characters around unlike other banner "leaks"--Shadow was placed in the Mii Fighter slots and moved over. Of course, my bias makes me want to be really careful to doubt it and "small, blurry" etc. Haven't found anything off-the-wall... yet.
Of course I was laser-focused on Banjo & Kazooie.

Also of course I'm examining Banjo & Kazooie to death--can't find any renders where Kazooie's wings are flapping like that, though Banjo's pose was reminiscent of their Smashified design.
I have to take shots at Box Theory--such a silly fan theory, this was actual EVIDENCE.

Also, while lacking Incineroar does hurt it a bit, I find it funny as so many people are willing to say the SE rep is DLC to fit the box theory, but Incineroar can't. I think it's likely, but as far as we "know" Ken, Incineroar and an SE rep are most likely in, in some form. Though, I think all three are likely to be in the base, as I see no reason to believe otherwise.
Cracks are already appearing. As well as rationalizations.

I think it's highly unlikely, which is why I'm starting to doubt it more, the more we find characters, I feel like 5 is the most. Though, there are "two" rumored Directs, so....

...still probably too many.
I was trying my best, tho.

Same, I'm trying to be extra skeptical of this namely because I want it to be true so badly. The best way to limit our biases (we can never get rid of them completely) is being extra skeptical of the stuff we want to be true.

...it's really hard, though. :lol:
Sums up my feelings on that day.

Too good to be true, too clean to be fake, seems like a legit leak, seems like one of those fakes everyone believes and then gets cold hard reality, I don't know any more.

My thought process, in a nutshell.
And while that ended up being fake, what matters is as I was scrolling through that memory lane I kept seeing this.

SB Avatar.png

And all was right with the world.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The sad part is, despite most of us being cautious after all is said and done, there are still people buying into fake leaks, no matter how unconvincing. Heck, one faker resorted to pulling a CG render for a mobile phone game to fool people into thinking a Sakura Wars character was leaked.

When people want a single character so badly, they're easy to play like a fiddle..

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Indeed, the day Smashboards took note of it was Oct 24. I guess it's possible it was talked about beforehand, but I can't seem to find the original original place it was sighted.

But since we're close enough, here was my initial take on it.

Of course I was laser-focused on Banjo & Kazooie.

I have to take shots at Box Theory--such a silly fan theory, this was actual EVIDENCE.

Cracks are already appearing. As well as rationalizations.

I was trying my best, tho.

Sums up my feelings on that day.

And while that ended up being fake, what matters is as I was scrolling through that memory lane I kept seeing this.

View attachment 241886

And all was right with the world.
Nice analyzing you did there.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Anyone here know of A+Start? He made a new Low Poly Video. :) On a certain duo we love.
He found some...unique...low and I mean low poly models from Tooie. Enjoy the nightmares lol.

I really appreciate the likes, but can I get an actual reply or get quoted for once?

Last edited by a moderator:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Is the creator of this compilation of Banjo-Kazooie hate still hanging around here? I don't know who it was. I saved this picture back when it was posted but only just now tried to read it lol. I guess the compression on this site is weird because I can hardly make out any of the comment text. I was hoping to get my hands on the original if possible so I could finally read it. Does anybody have a way to help?

eec.png

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Nope, that was Septmber 29th.

"there is no new playable pokemon boo hoo be happy with the NINE you have now"

God MarioTehPlumber really is too based for this world. This may have been a fake leak but I'd honestly prefer it if leakers just did this and then leave instead of stringing people along with cryptic bull**** because all they care about is attention.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Is the creator of this compilation of Banjo-Kazooie hate still hanging around here? I don't know who it was. I saved this picture back when it was posted but only just now tried to read it lol. I guess the compression on this site is weird because I can hardly make out any of the comment text. I was hoping to get my hands on the original if possible so I could finally read it. Does anybody have a way to help?

View attachment 242102
Try looking on KnowYourMeme, that's where I first found it.
Edit: Found it. https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1513303-super-smash-brothers-ultimate

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
His alts aren't great but he still got so much love that it's fine. Besides Smash hasn't always been the greatest when it comes to providing alternate costumes so it just makes him feel more Nintendo.

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings

View attachment 242102
That is glorious, first time i've seen it. You'd be able to easily make a Smashboards/Gamefaqs edition if that was your thing. Ton of delusional pearlers around when it came to Banjo and Kazooie's chances at the time. Maybe try opening it in Photoshop, saving as a possible higher quality file and/or adjusting the resolution may help.

Deetchy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7783 1634 4990
Aw. Did you watch the video?
Dude could you like, not? I don't post much but I lurk pretty often and it seems like every time I come to this thread you're starving for attention and awkwardly trying to get people to praise you for Youtube videos you didn't even make. Then you tell people to get on topic when like, one page ago you were freaking out about Mario Kart and Pokemon.

Just talk about the game, man.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Just beat Impossible Lair. It's really great! Not quite Tropical Freeze or DKC2, but I would still put it somewhere amongst the greatest 2D platformers. It's a shame people are skipping out on this because they think it's DLC for the first game. No, it's not Banjo Kazooie or the Kongs, but this game doesn't need to be. Upon first glance, you may think it's a DKC clone, but the game has so many cool and fun ideas that it really feels like its own thing. This game does prove that the folks at Playtonic don't need guidance from Nintendo to make a great game, and the flaws from the first game are more to do with time constraints and lack of resources then it does incompetence. With the talented 30 or so people they have at the studio now, I expect a much better 3D outing than the last one if Impossible Lair is any indication.

Kronch

Smash Cadet
I made another Banjo-Kazooie combo video, but this one has actual B&K gameplay and not just me getting clapped by a Mii Brawler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRWkmmhXr4

I'm not trying to become some kind of "big Smash YouTuber" or anything like that, I just love this character and Rare's/Retro's entire Donkey Kong Universe. These characters make me feel like a giddy child again, it's amazing!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsFqgMpL1b8

Did they really just tease a new banjo in this trailer ?
Nope, just Rare making fun of the fans in a failed attempt to be meta, as they usually do. That was the problem with Nuts & Bolts--rather than being self-deprecating, they came across as dismissing their old audience. Interesting to see they haven't learned a lesson from that.

I can see it going either way, really. It all depends on if another company asks Microsoft to do it, and Rare may help a little. Rare's not going to do it, though.

EDIT: I should also note, humor is subjective. And for fans of SoT, or people who don't really care about B&K, probably a funny jab to them. But for those of us who do care, every time they do this, I ask, "Why don't you just sell them already if you're going to do nothing with them?"

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Dude could you like, not? I don't post much but I lurk pretty often and it seems like every time I come to this thread you're starving for attention and awkwardly trying to get people to praise you for Youtube videos you didn't even make. Then you tell people to get on topic when like, one page ago you were freaking out about Mario Kart and Pokemon.

Just talk about the game, man.
:( I just thought others would like them... you hurt my feelings. Now I am about to cry...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
:( I just thought others would like them... you hurt my feelings. Now I am about to cry...
There's no need for that. He put it a bit harshly but basically mate don't worry about people replying. Likes mean that they enjoyed the video so really that's it's own reward. You've got to let discussion happen naturally mate. That's just how forums work and in time you'll have enough quotes that your sick of them.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
There's no need for that. He put it a bit harshly but basically mate don't worry about people replying. Likes mean that they enjoyed the video so really that's it's own reward. You've got to let discussion happen naturally mate. That's just how forums work and in time you'll have enough quotes that your sick of them.
Thank you for being much nicer than that other user.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I’m surprised more people haven’t noticed this but Banjo’s ‘super saiyan’ alt is based on the hero from Project Dream. His green backpack and red shorts are a nod to the protag’s clothing, and Kazooie’s coloring could reference his boots/wrist guards/sword hilt. Even the skin tone is similar.
5F681B88-E6C3-4106-8E54-FE07EEE89431.png

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I’m surprised more people haven’t noticed this but Banjo’s ‘super saiyan’ alt is based on the hero from Project Dream. His green backpack and red shorts are a nod to the protag’s clothing, and Kazooie’s coloring could reference his boots/wrist guards/sword hilt. Even the skin tone is similar.
View attachment 242477
Huh. Now that you show a comparison, it does look similar! Nice noticing that!

Top Bottom