• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, be honest with me. Did anybody here got a Game Over in Banjo-Kazooie on purpose?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Guys...scared...the micro transactions controversy Mario Kart Tour has...I am scared Nintendo's greedy side may go into their future Switch games...and it would ruin them if it does...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys...scared...the micro transactions controversy Mario Kart Tour has...I am scared Nintendo's greedy side may go into their future Switch games...and it would ruin them if it does...
Fire Emblem Heroes seems to be built on microtransactions (it's a staple of gacha games, by my understanding), and yet that didn't impact Fire Emblem Three Houses in any way. Console games and mobile games are very different beasts, especially as far as Nintendo is concerned. Mobile games basically need microtransactions to be profitable, whereas full-fledged console games don't.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Fire Emblem Heroes seems to be built on microtransactions (it's a staple of gacha games, by my understanding), and yet that didn't impact Fire Emblem Three Houses in any way. Console games and mobile games are very different beasts, especially as far as Nintendo is concerned. Mobile games basically need microtransactions to be profitable, whereas full-fledged console games don't.
Are...are you certain? Nintendo won't go full...name we shouldn't mention...at all?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are...are you certain? Nintendo won't go full...name we shouldn't mention...at all?
There's no way to be certain, but I'm pretty confident that it won't happen. Nintendo seems to be pretty wary about this sort of thing - they could have easily made microtransactions, or even DLC, for games like Mario Odyssey (best-case scenario: new worlds! Worst-case scenario: buy stars or costumes for a small real-world fee) or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but they didn't, and in the case of Mario Odyssey, they added new costumes through free updates.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
There's no way to be certain, but I'm pretty confident that it won't happen. Nintendo seems to be pretty wary about this sort of thing - they could have easily made microtransactions, or even DLC, for games like Mario Odyssey (best-case scenario: new worlds! Worst-case scenario: buy stars or costumes for a small real-world fee) or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but they didn't, and in the case of Mario Odyssey, they added new costumes through free updates.
Yeah... that's true. Game Freak though...I do not trust. Look at their current decisions on cutting features in Gen 8.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Are you talking about cut pokemon ? B/C there reason for cutting pokemon is a LIE !

In an interview during sun & moon comming out they said they have HD modles of ALL 800+ pokemon WITH WALKING/RUNNING ANIMATIONS ! to future proof the seires for when they one day go to HD so they are full of ****

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are you talking about cut pokemon ? B/C there reason for cutting pokemon is a LIE !

In an interview during sun & moon comming out they said they have HD modles of ALL 800+ pokemon WITH WALKING/RUNNING ANIMATIONS ! to future proof the seires for when they one day go to HD so they are full of ****
Just models aren’t enough to make them all.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yeah... that's true. Game Freak though...I do not trust. Look at their current decisions on cutting features in Gen 8.
Well Unlike Mario or Donkey Kong, Nintendo doesn't have full control of the Pokemon IP as that is a 3-way ownership between them Game Freak and Creatures Inc, Though I would imagine Nintendo probably has the most leverage seeing how they own the Pokemon trademark.

Obviously everyone (Including myself) would love to have every Pokemon return in Sword & Shield and I'm not going completely defend Game Freak, But I will cut them "Some" slack when it comes to game development due to the time constraints they are given and the omission of the National Dex isn't a deal breaker for me personally as the main focus for me is the newer Pokemon each generation while some of my old favorites sit on the backburner, But still there if I need them.

It's been said countless times before, But I will say it again, Pokemon isn't your normal video game series that can be delayed just like that, Pokemon is a huge brand/franchise that has a lot at stake other than it's mainline video game series, There is the anime, Trading Card game, movies, merchandise, etc that are kept in circulation in a regular basis every several years for each generation to push the brand.

I can understand some peoples frustartion and of course I would love for them to be more ambitious with the franchise, But then again me personally I always thought the games are still very solid, well made and have enjoyed each game in the series and despite some of the controversy I am still very much looking forward to the release of Sword & Shield.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
TheCJBrine TheCJBrine "Just models aren’t enough to make them all." um they already did make them all they were scaled down for the 3DS but they already have everything in HD models & animations they have said so themself

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
TheCJBrine TheCJBrine "Just models aren’t enough to make them all." um they already did make them all they were scaled down for the 3DS but they already have everything in HD models & animations they have said so themself
Oh.

I just figured they’d have to do balancing with new ‘mons and stuff, and check things over, but idk how long that’d take them.

I admit Game Freak is seeming fishy and stuff, how some of their decisions are questionable (why not patch ‘em in later? why not take more of a budget and hire more people?), but I think the new gen is looking good so far. They’re certainly not being like EA or Activision.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
TheCJBrine TheCJBrine they JUST got a taste of mobile gamming $$$ so who knows

I mean a few years ago they said in an interview that the thought of cutting pokemon would be taboo & wouldn't be fair as ever pokemon has a fan & cutting pokemon wouldn't be the direction for pokemon....but that was back B4 we got the new director who has been doing nothing but making controvertal desisions & the thing that ticks me off is the down right LIES !

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Well Unlike Mario or Donkey Kong, Nintendo doesn't have full control of the Pokemon IP as that is a 3-way ownership between them Game Freak and Creatures Inc, Though I would imagine Nintendo probably has the most leverage seeing how they own the Pokemon trademark.

Obviously everyone (Including myself) would love to have every Pokemon return in Sword & Shield and I'm not going completely defend Game Freak, But I will cut them "Some" slack when it comes to game development due to the time constraints they are given and the omission of the National Dex isn't a deal breaker for me personally as the main focus for me is the newer Pokemon each generation while some of my old favorites sit on the backburner, But still there if I need them.

It's been said countless times before, But I will say it again, Pokemon isn't your normal video game series that can be delayed just like that, Pokemon is a huge brand/franchise that has a lot at stake other than it's mainline video game series, There is the anime, Trading Card game, movies, merchandise, etc that are kept in circulation in a regular basis every several years for each generation to push the brand.

I can understand some peoples frustartion and of course I would love for them to be more ambitious with the franchise, But then again me personally I always thought the games are still very solid, well made and have enjoyed each game in the series and despite some of the controversy I am still very much looking forward to the release of Sword & Shield.
It is for me! I have a Shiny Pheromosa I was looking forward to adventuring with in Shield! But thanks to Game Freak's "decision", she is going to stay stuck in Gen 7! Watch, they'll cut Shiny Pokemon next just watch!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It is for me! I have a Shiny Pheromosa I was looking forward to adventuring with in Shield! But thanks to Game Freak's "decision", she is going to stay stuck in Gen 7! Watch, they'll cut Shiny Pokemon next just watch!
...I think you're overreacting, dude.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
he is not wrong tho, "oh 800+ pokemon we already have the modles & animations for is too much for sword & shield" (despite 3DS doing it just fine)

Next pokemon game we are cutting shinys having to modle every pokemon twice is a lot of hard work so we have to cut them. don't worry they may return in a fututer game & any shinys you have cen be sent to pokemon home to wait for a fututer game for a fee so don't forget to pay your pokemon home fee ever year OR WE WILL DELETE THEM !

Pokemon home we hold your pokemon hostage for a fee what are you going to do? transfer them all to your game? LOL you can't silly there all not in this game, this an't pokemon bank ! YOU WILL PAY UP EVERY YEAR !

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, some of the new scenes and animations do seem much better quality than past games...but then you still have attacks like Double Kick...

If they were willing to take a higher budget, they probably could’ve fit them all in, honestly. But meh.

I don’t see how shinies are comparable to Megas and Z-moves, though; I think they want some features to feel unique to certain regions or Gens, which is why you still had Megas in Gen 7 but could only get like one or two Mega stones without transferring Pokémon. Shinies have been in every Gen since Gen 2, and how they work is much simpler than other stuff; just swap the color palette or switch the model on a rare occasion, no extra balancing or anything required...

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
No I am not! They removed Megas and Z Moves, Shinies are probably next!
Except Megas and Z-Moves were more recent additions that were made to try and make Gens 6 and 7 some unique features in battle, whereas Shiny forms have been around since Gen 2; there's no reason to believe that Shinies are on their way out.

You're just coming off as paranoid...again.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Except Megas and Z-Moves were more recent additions that were made to try and make Gens 6 and 7 some unique features in battle, whereas Shiny forms have been around since Gen 2; there's no reason to believe that Shinies are on their way out.

Exactly, Shiny's at the end of the day are also just color palette swap's, Purely cosmetic and have no effect in battle/battle system.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
pokemon is the most profitalbe IP there is ! they can EASLY afford to put 10X the amount of pokemon in the game if they wanted ! they are just to lazy

like I said they already have ALL sun/moon pokemon IN HD in sun & moon itself ! there HD files are in the 3DS games even completley unused animations for ALL pokem ! all they had to do was port them over SIMPLE

GUH-HUH !

if banjo kazooie characters were pokemon what type would they be ?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They just don't have enough time for this **** anymore, with The Pokémon Company constantly keeping the multimedia franchise hype train rolling with merch and the anime, so some elements had to be chucked or trimmed along the way (up to and including hiring more competent PR translators) for the sake of keeping up with company demands and scheduling.

At this rate, I won't be surprised if we end up seeing a new generation every two or three years.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Finally got it done. Here it is, my Banjo montage:

I'd say I put in the work, but you guys are free to be judge of that. Sure came a long way from my very first basic plays...

Moonium

Banned via Warnings
NNID
CaveStory11

I'd say I put in the work, but you guys are free to be judge of that. Sure came a long way from my very first basic plays...
Man this is some good stuff! Nice work! It's always awesome to see some flashy B&K combos.

Just passing by to drop this here:

[montage]

You sir, are an absolute madman.

Seriously, well done.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Dude. That was sick as hell. You're one helluva player. I really enjoyed seeing your B-K montage plus you play a mean Zelda too. And I approve of your music choice as well. Keep it up!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
-snip-

This is really good! I'm still learning all the techniques with Banjo myself, but it'd seem that you've got them down.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Sorry. I just hated their choices.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If we're going to stay on the topic of Pokémon...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...characters_revealed_including_a_new_professor

I think you can tell that the anime staff is just doing whatever they feel like at this point, seeing as Galar isn't remotely the main focus even though there's enough legroom to adapt it. If so, I can't blame them, I wouldn't feel like working on that type of show forever.
So that means the "keeping up with the anime release date" argument is dead? So now I see no reason why they couldn't delay the games.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Dude. That was sick as hell. You're one helluva player. I really enjoyed seeing your B-K montage plus you play a mean Zelda too. And I approve of your music choice as well. Keep it up!
my guy

Thanks.

I actually like when people mention the bit about the kind of music I use. I feel other people tend to use more video game OSTs. The song absolutely had to go there, the moment I saw it play with the intro. It was a really hard choice between that, and this:

Maybe the next one.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
So that means the "keeping up with the anime release date" argument is dead? So now I see no reason why they couldn't delay the games.
Let's get back on topic. I found an awesome Banjo-Kazooie mod that many of you might like! it's a ROM hack. It's world's mixes and mashes Kazooie and Tooie world's together!

Ever wanted to see Mayahem Temple mashed up with Treasure Trove Cove?

Top Bottom