• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You forgot about Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong my goodman.
If I had to list the characters that haven't brought up and that I'd say we need, we'd be here all afternoon.

I kind of get a kick out of Waluigi getting snubbed from Smash. Oh well, maybe next time.
He needs a game before any of that anyway. Waluigi's Taco Stand doesn't count.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Sakurai's attention to detail never fails to astound. At first, I was really bothered by the fact that Tooty has no shadow in the Spiral mountain stage. Not even a black circle under her feet. Well, I fired up a new file in BK last night and sure enough, watching the intro cutscene, she hasnt got a shadow.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not sure if this has already been posted, but it's a must watch for the opening alone:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, can I show you all something I wrote? It includes Banjo-Kazooie, and it is the cast of characters of Smash Bros. Ultimate written to be like the Cast of Characters ending segment of the old Donkey Kong Country trilogy games. Plus, it is on Deviant Art. Can I share it?

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I know this is old, but screw it!

Conker won't happen. Nintendo was annoyed at Rare for even making the game. It goes against their family-friendly nature.
Oh then I guess that it makes perfect sense that Nintendo was in charge of a separate booth at E3 2001 to promote Conker, since they hated the game so much.

I agree doubly.
Rayman and Ubisoft are ones that truly deserve it!!
Yes. I said deserve.
I mean, at the very least you could have said "IMO" cuz honestly, your statement is truly laughable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, it's been almost two decades by now, it would be silly to keep up a grudge for that long, when the Switch has games for every audience now. Including this. :ultbayonetta:

Anyway, it's best not to pour salt on old wounds, the thread's had enough flame wars from Steveposting. And the Rayman fans are going through a really bad time right now.

Hey guys, can I show you all something I wrote? It includes Banjo-Kazooie, and it is the cast of characters of Smash Bros. Ultimate written to be like the Cast of Characters ending segment of the old Donkey Kong Country trilogy games. Plus, it is on Deviant Art. Can I share it?
Sure thing, not much's happening.

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I mean, it's been almost two decades by now, it would be silly to keep up a grudge for that long, when the Switch has games for every audience now. Including this. :ultbayonetta:

Anyway, it's best not to pour salt on old wounds, the thread's had enough flame wars from Steveposting. And the Rayman fans are going through a really bad time right now.

Sure thing, not much's happening.
Fair point, I agree.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Hello, this is my attempt at making a combo video. I am looking for feedback, for I am not entirely sure of it (in regards to my plays). I haven't done too many fancy things like Tweek has been doing, but I am heavily aspiring and working towards that. I am looking to see if I can get 2-3 plays of some of my theorycraft (which might eventually be important to Banjo's metagame).

Stuff:

The music is still a toss up. Subject to change. And as for the rest of the video, I'll likely include more editing, and even some effects.

Krimnorr

Smash Cadet
Hello, this is my attempt at making a combo video. I am looking for feedback, for I am not entirely sure of it (in regards to my plays). I haven't done too many fancy things like Tweek has been doing, but I am heavily aspiring and working towards that. I am looking to see if I can get 2-3 plays of some of my theorycraft (which might eventually be important to Banjo's metagame).

Stuff:

The music is still a toss up. Subject to change. And as for the rest of the video, I'll likely include more editing, and even some effects.
Regardless, those were still some pretty spicy plays. I'd say your Banjo is definitely looking clean.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If I had to list the characters that haven't brought up and that I'd say we need, we'd be here all afternoon.
Actually, I would like to hear which characters you think is the biggest omissions from the roster. Maybe you can DM if you feel it would be too long of a list to post here. I will show you my list if you want to jump on the topic KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 .

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
This is the probably somewhat the closest similarity to what happened to Rare that I can think of in recent memory regarding buyouts, But to a lesser extent seeing how Insomniac Games has always been independent ,But strongly associated with Sony (Spyro the Dragon and Ratchet & Clank) as most of their input has been all Playstation exclusive.

It's common with 3rd Party developers, But You don't really see many 2nd Party developers that exclusively work with one competitor or another (Even if it's temporarily) and get bought out while taken their IP with them. That's why the Rareware buyout was so unorthodox and interesting because they were so strongly associated with Nintendo and you never really see business scenarios play out that certain way.

Imagine if it was the other way around and Microsoft bought out Insomniac Games and acquired the rights to Ratchet & Clank, I would imagine that Sony would still retain the rights, But you get the idea.
:) Good thing Sony is never getting their hands on our duo! They would flaunt it in Nintendo's face!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:) Good thing Sony is never getting their hands on our duo! They would flaunt it in Nintendo's face!
When looking back at it now, I'm surprised Sony didn't try to get their hands on Rare when they broke apart from Nintendo. Honestly, I'm glad they didn't as it might have been for the better that Microsoft gotten Rare instead of Sony or Activision.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
When looking back at it now, I'm surprised Sony didn't try to get their hands on Rare when they broke apart from Nintendo. Honestly, I'm glad they didn't as it might have been for the better that Microsoft gotten Rare instead of Sony or Activision.
We probably would have never gotten Banjo in Smash

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that they were too focused on having their sights set on Naughty Dog at the time, I know it has been discussed to death, But I'm surprised Nintendo didn't buyout Rare when they saw how Sony beat the N64 with the Playstation and Microsoft entering the console market next generation, Sony bought out Naughty Dog, Microsoft bought out Bungie and Nintendo for whatever reason decided to just stay put, Sure they bought out Retro Studios, But they were an unknown and small acquisition while Rareware was an established studio and one of the best game developers at the time.

It seem like everyone was stockpiling or forming alliances with developers for next generation at the time while Nintendo didn't counter their competition with a big studio acquisition of their own even though all signs pointed towards Rare as the most obvious choice and it really showed with Nintendo's output on the Gamecube of how it performed poorly as well.

Rareware wouldn't have singlehandedly saved the Gamecube, But would have probably offered more quality exclusives and could have made it a better console.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Actually, I would like to hear which characters you think is the biggest omissions from the roster. Maybe you can DM if you feel it would be too long of a list to post here. I will show you my list if you want to jump on the topic KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 .
I was just half-joking, since the conversation seemed jokey.

Anyway, the point is, I won't assume a character is out of the game until they're either an assist trophy, DLC costume or 100% proven to not be upgraded in the entire cycle. For me, this is more about "it'd be nice to have this character, but we'll see what happens" rather than "this character isn't here and it feels wrong".

We probably would have never gotten Banjo in Smash
Even worse, we would have never seen them again after the PS3 era. Or bought out like Insomniac:

tenorforever.gif

Mascots under Sony are lucky if they even get brought out again in a modern age, let alone for remasters. Given how paranoid they are, I'm surprised they didn't do the buyout sooner.

And just watch, Ape Escape still won't get anything, even on its 20th anniversary.

For all their faults, Activision did eventually act in regards to handing off Crash and Spyro to people who know what to do with the IPs. You can't really get such a guarantee with Sony.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I was just half-joking, since the conversation seemed jokey.

Anyway, the point is, I won't assume a character is out of the game until they're either an assist trophy, DLC costume or 100% proven to not be upgraded in the entire cycle. For me, this is more about "it'd be nice to have this character, but we'll see what happens" rather than "this character isn't here and it feels wrong".

Even worse, we would have never seen them again after the PS3 era. Or bought out like Insomniac:

Mascots under Sony are lucky if they even get brought out again in a modern age, let alone for remasters. Given how paranoid they are, I'm surprised they didn't do the buyout sooner.

And just watch, Ape Escape still won't get anything, even on its 20th anniversary.

For all their faults, Activision did eventually act in regards to handing off Crash and Spyro to people who know what to do with the IPs. You can't really get such a guarantee with Sony.
Like with Crash?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, though in regards to Crash, him being handed off to various developers willy-nilly under Universal was the exact opposite problem. One must achieve balance and consistency.

Speaking of Sony, there's a State of Play incoming.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not sure if this has already been posted, but it's a must watch for the opening alone:
This is great. Though, in that video, we got the sad ending, rather than the happy ending in real life where BOTH BANJO AND KAZOOIE AND SANS GOT INTO SMASH ON THE SAME DAY THAT'S AMAZING.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Oh...it was based on that? Why didn't you tell me so?

Yeah, though in regards to Crash, him being handed off to various developers willy-nilly under Universal was the exact opposite problem. One must achieve balance and consistency.

Speaking of Sony, there's a State of Play incoming.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sony, always stealing Nintendo's ideas. Bet you all they are going to copy the Switch and say: "Totally original, totally new idea!"

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Sony, always stealing Nintendo's ideas. Bet you all they are going to copy the Switch and say: "Totally original, totally new idea!"
Come on dude, I've seen you take shots at Sony before, Don't be a fanboy.

I am a Nintendo gamer 1st and foremost since that is what I grew up playing and mainly care about, But I also respect and will make an attempt to play some Playstation and Xbox if there are exclusives that are appealing enough and Sony has built a solid line up studios and IP's over the years and have done one hell of a job with exclusives this generation, It's also a big reason why they are the current market leader and why the PS4 have already surpassed 100 million units in sales too.

I even temporarily owned a PS4 just to play several of their exclusives and also to a lesser extent the Xbox One, But just own a Switch now because I got my fill of both consoles and because I don't have the time or money to juggle all 3, So since I prioritize Nintendo, I decided to just game on my Switch.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Not going for my video, but I got two random For Glory plays:
Been playing all afternoon ):

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Come on dude, I've seen you take shots at Sony before, Don't be a fanboy.

I am a Nintendo gamer 1st and foremost since that is what I grew up playing and mainly care about, But I also respect and will make an attempt to play some Playstation and Xbox if there are exclusives that are appealing enough and Sony has built a solid line up studios and IP's over the years and have done one hell of a job with exclusives this generation, It's also a big reason why they are the current market leader and why the PS4 have already surpassed 100 million units in sales too.

I even temporarily owned a PS4 just to play several of their exclusives and also to a lesser extent the Xbox One, But just own a Switch now because I got my fill of both consoles and because I don't have the time or money to juggle all 3, So since I prioritize Nintendo, I decided to just game on my Switch.
OK. I'm just going to wait.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry, I forgot to show you in that initial PM.

By the way, here is the thing I wrote featuring Smash Bros Ultimate characters and Banjo Kazooie that I wanted to show you all.

https://www.deviantart.com/superson...uper-Smash-Brothers-Ultimate-Part-1-813759410

https://www.deviantart.com/superson...uper-Smash-Brothers-Ultimate-Part-2-813759588

https://www.deviantart.com/superson...uper-Smash-Brothers-Ultimate-Part-3-813759743

What do you all think?

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
OMG! they did it ! Banjo & Kazooie Naruto stormed area 51 & found them some alien cheeks to clap
hqdefault.jpg

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
jajajaja it's 6:24 a.m, just finished Training Mode and my wrist is numb :D

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Does Kirby's BK hat remind anyone else of this?

I love me some Kirby Super Star/Fun Pak. One of my favourite Super Nintendo games from my childhood behind Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 1.

However the back pack reminds me more of Kirby going to school than dungeon exploring.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Anyone else gonna get this when it drops in November? Its be perfect for a Pro Controller, but the company said theyre also making it big enough to hold a Switch.

Top Bottom