• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
BANJO QUICKPLAY TAUNTS:

- The Proud Walk: Walk at a decent speed so Banjo really looks like he thinks hes the ****. Use this after a nasty combo or great exchange between you and the opponent

- The Wipe Out: You can only do this when you have NO GOLD FEATHERS. Press Side B to trip and fall to mock your opponent (kinda like Lucas' taunt). BEST USED right after final KO when everything is slow mo

- THE COUP DE GRAS: The Tip Toe. Walk incredibly slow across the stage. BEST USED after your opponent makes a mistake and SD's or you cuck them with an egg (basically an extraordinary KO)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
BANJO QUICKPLAY TAUNTS:

- The Proud Walk: Walk at a decent speed so Banjo really looks like he thinks hes the ****. Use this after a nasty combo or great exchange between you and the opponent

- The Wipe Out: You can only do this when you have NO GOLD FEATHERS. Press Side B to trip and fall to mock your opponent (kinda like Lucas' taunt). BEST USED right after final KO when everything is slow mo

- THE COUP DE GRAS: The Tip Toe. Walk incredibly slow across the stage. BEST USED after your opponent makes a mistake and SD's or you cuck them with an egg (basically an extraordinary KO)
Why would you taunt that way with Banjo? A couple of them sound rude.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With the way Sakurai talked about it, it sounded like Banjo and Kazooie was the easiest 3rd party addition they ever negotiated for. If Nintendo and Microsoft stay as friendly to each other as they've been lately then Banjo should be pretty safe. Same with Sonic, Mega Man, and Ryu.
Which is good, especially because it'll take a while before we can even manage to get Sonic's friends in here, seeing as the current focus is "Sonic & Sega All-Stars". (without racing).

Well, that and support for other Rare/Microsoft characters.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
With the way Sakurai talked about it, it sounded like Banjo and Kazooie was the easiest 3rd party addition they ever negotiated for. If Nintendo and Microsoft stay as friendly to each other as they've been lately then Banjo should be pretty safe. Same with Sonic, Mega Man, and Ryu.
For me, I can't see a Smash game without the third party mascot characters--Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo & Kazooie. I feel like they *need* to stay. However, given most Smash games' base rosters have 2-4 third party characters, Ultimate being an exception, and only getting 1 (and 2 echoes) new third party characters, I feel like third parties will be difficult.

While the philosophical hurdle of working with a competitor may be easy, we don't know the legal process and how much it cost to get Banjo & Kazooie and their associated elements cleared--and it being an easy deal could also be more of a PR move than an accurate reflection of what went on (we have no reason to suspect otherwise, but need to keep it in mind as a possibility).

Ultimately, though, while I think Banjo & Kazooie could be easy to get in the next Smash game if Sakurai wanted, it's that part that I'm unsure about--if deciding between getting Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Banjo & Kazooie, or getting some of those plus new third party characters, I'm thinking the latter is likelier to happen. Which is why I'm skeptical of it, hope they become a mainstay fixture as they belong in Smash, and am satisfied with their Ultimate appearance where if they don't appear in the next title I can keep playing Ultimate for the rest of my life.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Sakurai should just give us Smash Ultimate deluxe ! all the DLC & a BUNCH of new echo fighters for the next smash game as well as more game modes & past stages. then after that he should do a reboot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The concept of a reboot for Smash is completely absurd to me. I'm pretty sure we'll have a starting roster that's roughly the size of 4's next time, if assets for some of the Melee/Brawl characters are cut, for some reason, alongside some of the more demanding third parties.

I mean, does this have an ongoing plot like Mortal Kombat? Soul Calibur? No? Then there's even less reason to reboot Smash.

We'll simply have a game with a roster that's reasonably smaller, but not to the point that they'll punt us back to 12 characters at most. If anything, one should simply hope that they improve on the single-player modes, like making a proper Target Test again, and an Adventure mode that's not just a substitute for Events mode. It'll be fine as long as some of the bigger favorites like BK make the transition. There's more to Smash than just roster size, the quality of gameplay life is also important.

But if Sakurai surprises us again anyway, hey, no need to worry in that case then.

Anyway, the next Sakurai column should be coming in a few days, so PushDustin will cover that.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Grunty and Dr. Eggman are by far my biggest Never Evers. I would flip my ****.
That would be Goemon and Tron Bonne for me as I think their chances are slim to none to ever make it into the roster. I was very surprised that Goemon got a Mii costume and that kind of gives me hope for the future, but slight hope if anything.

If Banjo becomes a Smash regular I'd love to see more levels from Banjo Kazooie in future games. Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood would both make great Smash stages!
I would love to see Witchy World or Hailfire Peaks as a stage if Banjo & Kazooie returns in the next Smash.

Oh yeah. Banjo's F-air is great but having that spike would make it better. Has anyone actually spiked opponents with the Beak Buster yet?
I have. In fact, I can spike the Beak Buster in midair, but it's somewhat harder than pulling of Bowser's downward spike.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
BANJO QUICKPLAY TAUNTS:

As a K. Rool main, I must say, he has the best walk taunt in the game:

I use this over any of his taunts after taking a stock.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sakurai should just give us Smash Ultimate deluxe ! all the DLC & a BUNCH of new echo fighters for the next smash game as well as more game modes & past stages. then after that he should do a reboot.
While I would absolutely love that--even though nobody knows the exact contractual agreements, as far as I know, creating a deluxe version would still require reacquiring the rights for all of the characters again. I guess it would be less difficult, if there are no changes to the various elements of the characters, but even reacquiring the rights to use them in another version of the game could be a hassle. I consider it a miracle that Ultimate even happened in the first place--to do it again, even in a ported version, would be even more miraculous. I'd love that, though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I would absolutely love that--even though nobody knows the exact contractual agreements, as far as I know, creating a deluxe version would still require reacquiring the rights for all of the characters again. I guess it would be less difficult, if there are no changes to the various elements of the characters, but even reacquiring the rights to use them in another version of the game could be a hassle. I consider it a miracle that Ultimate even happened in the first place--to do it again, even in a ported version, would be even more miraculous. I'd love that, though.
And besides, I don't really strike Sakurai as the "Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix" kind of guy. One game per generation, less is more.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
A smash game coming out after Ultimate kind of intrigues me and at the same time seems somewhat unthinkable. Will people just stick to Ultimate since it has every single character and stage in the game? I feel that a smash 4 kind of approach to a new game wouldn't work since it would just be seen as inferior to Ultimate. Sure people will still buy because it's Smash Bros but I feel a lot of people will just stick to Ultimate. The only way I'd see it working out is if the new game had a new theme/identity to it. Like maybe if it only included Nintendo characters for characters that missed out like Bandanna Dee, Waluigi, Elma, Isaac, etc.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So if anyone cares, Sea of Thieves is adding an entire Banjo-Kazooie themed boat in their new update.

Yay?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Generic bear and bird symbols and some BK iconography on a ship, and no Banjo-Kazooie on Switch or remaster/sequel confirmation.

Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, tho...

I'll take whatever I can get. :awesome:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A smash game coming out after Ultimate kind of intrigues me and at the same time seems somewhat unthinkable. Will people just stick to Ultimate since it has every single character and stage in the game? I feel that a smash 4 kind of approach to a new game wouldn't work since it would just be seen as inferior to Ultimate. Sure people will still buy because it's Smash Bros but I feel a lot of people will just stick to Ultimate. The only way I'd see it working out is if the new game had a new theme/identity to it. Like maybe if it only included Nintendo characters for characters that missed out like Bandanna Dee, Waluigi, Elma, Isaac, etc.
Sakurai's stance on this is the following: he's not thinking about Smash's future right now, he's got work to do. Gotta follow his example and not focus so much on what may not happen, just on the "now" of things.

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171803208764686336
https://twitter.com/nokoloc/status/1171815442614247424

So if anyone cares, Sea of Thieves is adding an entire Banjo-Kazooie themed boat in their new update.
Call me back when Rare does a game that's not about pirates, thanks.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
would you rather have a new super smash bros game with 50% old/new characters or this one to be ported again with 13 new characters including dlc

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
would you rather have a new super smash bros game with 50% old/new characters or this one to be ported again with 13 new characters including dlc
Personally, I'd prefer an updated port, but then again, the biggest appeal to Smash Bros. for me comes from its roster. Assuming that I'm interpreting your first point correctly, a roster that's half the size of Ultimate (with less than half of the veterans returning - I'm assuming that you're talking about a total roster size of 42 or so) would put it at less than what Smash 4 had, and only slightly more than what Brawl had, in terms of characters.

Regardless of what you meant, I'm not a fan of having a large amount of cuts. It might be inevitable going forward, particularly with some third party companies due to licensing agreements, but I'm sure there's a way to make it easier to bring back characters going from one game to another. Sure, Kirby might be difficult due to the increasingly large number of neutral B moves that he has, but by comparison, it seems like someone like Mario or Pikachu (who don't seem to drastically change from one game to another) would be easier.

Then again, I know very little about programming in general, so I could be way off.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Obviously, I prefer this one with new characters and DLC--that sounds crazy and amazing. Which is why it's not going to happen--all that money and paperwork, it's more feasible to make a new game with less characters. It's why Ultimate itself was miraculous.

Here would be my ideal roster for a new game, with some cut characters, and some new. Didn't include echoes, but they'd be ones like Daisy, Shadow, etc. Sheik/Zelda and Samus/Zero Suit would be transformational characters. And some cuts could go either way (e.g., I'm fine with Villager or Isabelle, just not both).

Ideal Roster.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The former. I like veterans as much as the next guy, but newcomers are generally more interesting or exciting to me. Especially if some get upgraded from having been collectibles or NPCs of some sort.

This series doesn't really strike me as the type to be MK8DX/Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, but more of King of Fighters, if that makes any sense.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I use my taunts not for the sake of taunting but rather as character flourishes. This is why I don’t randomly taunt, but rather I use appropriate taunts that play to what they actually do.

For example:

Let’s look at one of my mains Little Mac

Up taunt has him left his fist

I use this as a victory fist pump

His side taunt adjusts his gloves

I use this as a signal for, “let’s go” or “get ready”

Down taunt is a flurry of punches.

I use this as a celebration of domination

For Banjo I mainly use his down taunt when I perform a KO or something impressive

ze9

Smash Ace
They're already my 6th most played character, and about to top Isabelle and become 5th.
So surreal to see K. Rool (4th), Diddy (3rd) and Banjo's faces in Smash's statistics page. Look at all that Rare stuff!
(Lucas is 2nd and Ridley is 1st, it will take really long to reach the big guy)

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, I prefer this one with new characters and DLC--that sounds crazy and amazing. Which is why it's not going to happen--all that money and paperwork, it's more feasible to make a new game with less characters. It's why Ultimate itself was miraculous.

Here would be my ideal roster for a new game, with some cut characters, and some new. Didn't include echoes, but they'd be ones like Daisy, Shadow, etc. Sheik/Zelda and Samus/Zero Suit would be transformational characters. And some cuts could go either way (e.g., I'm fine with Villager or Isabelle, just not both).

View attachment 237842
This is a pretty damn good roster, HOWEVER, I would replace Tetra with Tingle, remove Jigglypuff and replace with a relevant pokemon and either give Roy Ikes moveset or replace him with Ike.

with only a few new additions I would probably do something with FE by adding a character with a different weapon class. This would be the first roster with a spear user so may as well add the first axe user as well.

The 3rd party line up is really good here not many people would be upset with this.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Actually a port is WAY easer to do then a new game as ALL of the development already whent into the game B4 hand

any money would be put to re-negotiations of 3rd part characters, new character witch could be nintendo ones or even echos with are cheaper & new game modes as well as bringing back more stages that didn't make it into ultimate or a few new ones.

this would be way more cost effective to do & they would sell the game at 60$ anyway, heck this is the reason people were conviced that ultimate was goig to be a smash 4 port ! B/C its so much easyer to do

Ultimate truly IS the ultimate smash game & going behoned that with a deluxe port would be SOOOO amazing ! normally I wouldn't want a port BUT with ALL this characters, a port is the only way it could ever happen again & I would GLADLY take that than something else

anyone who says otherwise is litterally asking for LESS characters & content? makes NO sense to me, even the people who wanted smash to reboot after smash 4 was more then happy with how ultimate turned out.

the way i see it is if your hyped for more DLC charaters for ultimate AKA more content then why would you not be hyped for a ultimate port ? its just like expanding the game with more DLC but on a newer better system ? & you KNOW sakurai would make it worth it & cram it with TONES of extra content ! no WAY a new smash game could EVER beat a Ultimate deluxe port

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros: Beyond Ultimate Deluxe Edition !

Yes a smash ultimate port is what I would want ! everything in pysical form !

Heck I still want a Smash 4 Difinitive edition on switch ! It would have all the DLC & features from smash 3DS & WiiU & all custome moves alrady unlocked & all the DLC characters would also have custome moves, I would buy it & play it & switch back & forth between ultimate

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I just now realized that the specific shape of the jiggy logo, if slightly tilted, resembles a bear's face

super effing clever if that was rare's original intent

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Ultimate is already a Smash 4 Deluxe port. You can't just keep saying "just port it, just port it". It only makes the inevitable (and it IS inevitable) culling more painful. You can't expect them to negotiate with every third party forever eternally, especially when some third parties are harder to negotiate with than others.

Be happy you even got Ultimate and 2 season passes. Don't get entitled or you'll get very disappointed in future. Personally I'd be willing to give a reboot a chance if they take the opportunity to really refine the mechanics.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
They're already my 6th most played character, and about to top Isabelle and become 5th.
So surreal to see K. Rool (4th), Diddy (3rd) and Banjo's faces in Smash's statistics page. Look at all that Rare stuff!
(Lucas is 2nd and Ridley is 1st, it will take really long to reach the big guy)
The duo has surpassed P. Trainer as my number one most played as of now. We'll see where that lands as I continue to get a feel for them, but I'm loving the experience so far!

Top Bottom