• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey! Someone tested the Wonderwing against all Final Smashes!
And you will be happy to know...;) No no, not spoiling.
I'll never understand why people include echo fighters in these sorts of videos. They all do the same thing as their base counterparts. Dark Pit, Chrom and Ken being the exception in this video since they have different final smashes.

So KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 pointed out to sombody in the Conker thread that there is Banjo & Kazooie Conker color palette. He said you guys know which color palette it is. It somehow went under the radar for me so which one is it?
It's the 4th colour palette. The one where the colour of Banjo's bagpack and shorts switch colours.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Actually One Piece is the most popular there. The One Piece manga is the 3rd best selling comic series in history right behind Superman and Batman.
One Piece is behind the Dark Knight and Man of Steel?! A manga?! About pirates is 3rd behind two of comics greatest?! And not Dragon Ball?! That is a crime! (Not really, just surprised.)

I'll never understand why people include echo fighters in these sorts of videos. They all do the same thing as their base counterparts. Dark Pit, Chrom and Ken being the exception in this video since they have different final smashes.

It's the 4th colour palette. The one where the colour of Banjo's bagpack and shorts switch colours.
Yeah. This does show the Wonderwing is still as powerful as it always was.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One Piece is behind the Dark Knight and Man of Steel?! A manga?! About pirates is 3rd behind two of comics greatest?! And not Dragon Ball?! That is a crime! (Not really, just surprised.)

Yeah. This does show the Wonderwing is still as powerful as it always was.
One Piece has over double the amount of volumes that Dragon Ball has (42 DB volumes, 93 One Piece volumes and counting), which definitely helps, and it's regularly the best-selling manga over in Japan (in 2017, it nearly doubled the second place series - 11 million compared to Attack on Titan's 6 million).

Plus it's extremely well-written and has stayed at a consistently high quality for over twenty years.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
One Piece has over double the amount of volumes that Dragon Ball has (42 DB volumes, 93 One Piece volumes and counting), which definitely helps, and it's regularly the best-selling manga over in Japan (in 2017, it nearly doubled the second place series - 11 million compared to Attack on Titan's 6 million).

Plus it's extremely well-written and has stayed at a consistently high quality for over twenty years.
OK, still want back on topic a bit too. The Wonderwing beating most Final Smashes!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If Banjo SOMEHOW got into the next Smash, Grunty should 100p be added into the base roster.

Mario/DK/Banjo/Kirby vs Bowser/K Rool/ Grunty / and Dedede would be a battle for the ages.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Banjo SOMEHOW got into the next Smash, Grunty should 100p be added into the base roster.

Mario/DK/Banjo/Kirby vs Bowser/K Rool/ Grunty / and Dedede would be a battle for the ages.
That's only if we ever get any secondary unique 3rd party characters in the roster. I would kill for Gruntilda, but I'm pretty damn sure either Tails or Chun-Li will be the first ones to have the honor of breaking that fan rule as they both are so iconic. Chun-Li would be exciting to me as she is my favorite Street Fighter character.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I'd just like to reiterate tho how special it is that Banjo got so many remixed tracks. It's obvious that Sakurai is treating him like a real Nintendo All Star

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd just like to reiterate tho how special it is that Banjo got so many remixed tracks. It's obvious that Sakurai is treating him like a real Nintendo All Star
They could have added a couple of more Tooie tracks like Hailfire Peaks or Jolly Roger's Lagoon, but it's fine I'm happy with what we got.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's only if we ever get any secondary unique 3rd party characters in the roster. I would kill for Gruntilda, but I'm pretty damn sure either Tails or Chun-Li will be the first ones to have the honor of breaking that fan rule as they both are so iconic. Chun-Li would be exciting to me as she is my favorite Street Fighter character.
At this stage, it's a toss-up as to who it could be. BK got in as the first Western third party, way before bigger names like Crash and Steve could get in.

Being iconic doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get first dibs. Besides, Tails' costume showed up with Joker, so he's out of this race for the time being. The more DLC this game gets, the closer we'll get to a unique second third-party series character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At this stage, it's a toss-up as to who it could be. BK got in as the first Western third party, way before bigger names like Crash and Steve could get in.

Being iconic doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get first dibs. Besides, Tails' costume showed up with Joker, so he's out of this race for the time being. The more DLC this game gets, the closer we'll get to a unique second third-party series character.
I hope that barrier breaks someday as I would love to see Zero, Tron Bonne, Sephiroth, Chun Li, M. Bison, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Tails, Gruntilda, and Mumbo Jumbo all in Smash.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If you could buff Banjo in ONE way, what would it be?

For me, make his down throw stronger. OR make his FAir spike

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Funny how in Melee 1 remix was the norm, maybe 2 if the franchise was lucky enough. Now we get 7 for Banjo and some feel its not a lot. it goes to show how Brawl onward we are spoiled, and how great Banjo's soundtrack is that 10 tracks doesn't cover all the best ones.

Also in Melee if I recall nobody had "alternate costumes" just recolors. Wario I think was the first to have this, and since Brawl again we've been spoiled. I know Banjo has many opportunities for outfits but I am happy with the recolors

It's fine to nitpick little things they didn't get compared to other members of the cast, but honestly we got more here than we ever would have pre Smash 4 era. Castlevania got 34 songs and 13 remixes sure, but no alt costumes besides an Echo. Same for Street Fighter which has 38 songs and only 4 remixes. Dragon Quest got 4 costumes but 0 new songs. Every Smash character has checks and balances, I don't think any one of them got more than the others. Banjo got more than some, and less than some others, it feels pretty generous to me

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I would want the eggs in his Neutral Special to stun harder similar to how Falco's Neutral Special stuns.

Funny how in Melee 1 remix was the norm, maybe 2 if the franchise was lucky enough. Now we get 7 for Banjo and some feel its not a lot. it goes to show how Brawl onward we are spoiled, and how great Banjo's soundtrack is that 10 tracks doesn't cover all the best ones.

Also in Melee if I recall nobody had "alternate costumes" just recolors. Wario I think was the first to have this, and since Brawl again we've been spoiled. I know Banjo has many opportunities for outfits but I am happy with the recolors

It's fine to nitpick little things they didn't get compared to other members of the cast, but honestly we got more here than we ever would have pre Smash 4 era. Castlevania got 34 songs and 13 remixes sure, but no alt costumes besides an Echo. Same for Street Fighter which has 38 songs and only 4 remixes. Dragon Quest got 4 costumes but 0 new songs. Every Smash character has checks and balances, I don't think any one of them got more than the others. Banjo got more than some, and less than some others, it feels pretty generous to me
The closest we had to alternate costumes in Melee was the Pokemon party costumes that Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu all had.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice

In my opinion Banjo's Forward air spiking would be a nerf, not a buff. It's his only killing aerial and can be used on stage off grenade contact, making it spike means it would only be useful offstage. And while down throw isn't the best, it creates a situation where the opponent has only 2 options. If they mash you can go for up tilt and potentially kill them or catch them trying to air dodge or DI away with aerials, or they don't mash trying to avoid your up tilt/aerials so you can ftilt them while they are buried putting them into a tech chase. You can't just bury them then do a kill move, so its not a braindead down throw, there is a lot it can do but you have to predict the opponent.

If I had to pick a move to buff (with only 5 days of judgement) it would be gun mode eggs, because its the least useable move in his arsenal. Almost no damage or range, you cant fastfall in gunmode. All it seems useful for it free for all, and sometimes popping people up into a battlefield platform where you can then tech chase up tilt, but honestly its so hard to hit an egg at close range then switch away to do normals that its hardly practical in 99% of matches. Raito was labbing Gun eggs yesterday, and I've yet to see him use it in a real match, I can hardly pull anything off against computers with that move its so slow

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
In my opinion Banjo's Forward air spiking would be a nerf, not a buff. It's his only killing aerial and can be used on stage off grenade contact, making it spike means it would only be useful offstage.
Not true. DK's FAir can spike as well as send mofos FLYIN off the stage. Gimme that for the bear

StormC

Smash Hero

Grunty and Dr. Eggman are by far my biggest Never Evers. I would flip my ****.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Howdy Banjoroos, it's been a while since i was on here, i hope you are all enjoying banjo & kazooie in smash, i am right now trying to play Banjo Tooie to finish what i had left off and right now i'm at Witchy World! so i can't wait to see Mr. Patch.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If Banjo becomes a Smash regular I'd love to see more levels from Banjo Kazooie in future games. Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood would both make great Smash stages!

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If this new friendship with Microsoft lasts (which I hope it does), I'd love to see Banjo & Kazooie along with other Rare and Microsoft IP's collaborate more often with Nintendo and vice versa. Banjo in Mario Kart 9, a Metroid/Halo crossover, Diddy Kong Racing 2, or even a huge Microsoft/Nintendo crossover game playable on both Xbox One AND Nintendo Switch with crossplay.

As for Smash, I've seen people say they'd want Grunty in the game if Banjo is brought back in the next one. Personally I'm rooting for Conker or the Chief as the next Microsoft/Rare rep but I'd be down for Grunty too

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
While the Bregull Blaster (Gun mode kazooie) is fairly useless, I'll whip it out if I'm up a stock and got the guy/girl at around 50%. It honestly pisses them off so much that they'll come in for stupid attacks after so its easy to KO

more of a mind game than an actual attack lol

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know what I do with Banjo-Kazooie in Ultimate?

I kick ***. Just wanted to let you all know.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Like I said before, Nintendo hardly does anything with the Rare characters that they actually own. Diddy Kong went on an 11 years hiatus in the Mario Kart series, and his grand return is through that of...a mobile game.

So yeah, I think Banjo in Mario Kart is a bit much to ask for, lol.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Oh yeah. Banjo's F-air is great but having that spike would make it better. Has anyone actually spiked opponents with the Beak Buster yet?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
When the next game comes out, which may be a long time from now, I'd take Sakurai at his word that not as many characters will be coming back. I expect a full reboot with around 30 characters. Which, I can't imagine them doing while still giving veteran series their due. And it also means 3rd party characters will be hit the hardest. I can't imagine playing Smash now without Banjo & Kazooie, so so long as they appear in the game, I'm great (I'd even prefer Final Battle over a Gruntilda character as that seems like a real missed opportunity--probably due to its length, but somehow it should get in). If not, I'll stick with Ultimate.

ze9

Smash Ace
I've managed to use Breegull Blaster somewhat usefully a couple of times. It's kinda like Megaman's pellets but you can also jump with it. If you use it up close, it deals a decent hitstun, longer than the one cause by regular egg shoots. It also flows into Wonderwing kinda quickly.
Not the most useful move, but it's not too bad if you're in advantage. Maybe. I think you should only use it if you have a grenade out, though.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey fellas. I swapped the Kazooies around for palette 4 and 7 so that the latter resembles the 4th player in Squawkmatch. Tried to do some hue/ saturation for the other costumes but I'm not too good with Photoshop but I think these two turned out fine. What do you all think?

Banjo_&_Kazooie_Palette_(SSBU) fixes.png

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
When the next game comes out, which may be a long time from now, I'd take Sakurai at his word that not as many characters will be coming back. I expect a full reboot with around 30 characters. Which, I can't imagine them doing while still giving veteran series their due. And it also means 3rd party characters will be hit the hardest. I can't imagine playing Smash now without Banjo & Kazooie, so so long as they appear in the game, I'm great (I'd even prefer Final Battle over a Gruntilda character as that seems like a real missed opportunity--probably due to its length, but somehow it should get in). If not, I'll stick with Ultimate.
With the way Sakurai talked about it, it sounded like Banjo and Kazooie was the easiest 3rd party addition they ever negotiated for. If Nintendo and Microsoft stay as friendly to each other as they've been lately then Banjo should be pretty safe. Same with Sonic, Mega Man, and Ryu.

Top Bottom