• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another thing I would like to see if Banjo & Kazooie returns in the next Smash is another Banjo-Kazooie rep or Rare rep. If we ever get unique secondary 3rd party characters in the roster, I would love to see Gruntilda make it in.

Hopefully Gruntilda can team up with K. Rool against DK and Banjo & Kazooie in Smash someday.

Edit: Damn! I was tpying this on mobile and I was trying to reply to the @TheZoologist but instead I accidentally replyed to CosmicQuark CosmicQuark . My phone is acting up.
In my case, I'd like to see Rash or Conker, they seem to have decent chances. Also, because SMASH HITS kinda writes itself.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
If you guys haven't yet, you should check out Raito's streams. He has been labbing Banjo for like 4 days straight now and just skimming through the videos you see so many cool things Banjo amd Kazooie can do. Similar to how Raito plays Duck Hunt, they are all pretty difficult and character/percent/positioning specific and take practice, but hopefully in the right hands they can go far. And Raito is the kind of person who can take a difficult item generating setup character far like he did with Duck Hunt. If he picked up Banjo as a primary or secondary like it looks like he wants too I'd be happy, because it means they'd get some really good competitive representation

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah if we can have 2 samus & 2 mario's on the roster then why can't we have 2 banjo & kazooies ?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking personally, as much as I would have loved to see a Sofia alt for Hero, I wouldn't go as far as hoping for an Echo. Besides, that would just get in the way of Slime and Jessica, but what do I know.

Alt stuff can be updated/added for a later game anyways.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Cap'n Jack Cap'n Jack I disagree !
1000px-Banjo_&_Kazooie_Palette_(SSBU).png

1: Regular
2:pink Banjo GOOD Kazooie just a brighter color MEH
3:Black Banjo COOL Kazooie Blue AWESOME
4:Reverse clothing Banjo OK Purple Kazooie AWESOME
5:Black & Wight COOL
6:Yellow Banjo GREAT ! Kazooie AWFUL!!! (In banjo tooie Multiplayer yellow banjo had purple kazooie) its wrong
7:Blue Banjo GREAT! Kazooie another red AWFUL!!! (In banjo tooie multiplayer blue banjo had green kazooie)
8:Grunty Banjo Kazooie GOD TIER ALT COLORS !

BUT! No Green Tooie Multiplayer Banjo With Blue Kazooie, sunglasses alt, Tuxedo alt, robot banjo kazooie alt, dragon kazooie or Diddy kong racing banjo. (Note the tuxedo & robo banjo kazooie didn't need to use the nuts & bots look)
4hd8mf36e4e31.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
954407-banjo12.jpg
bknab_robotbanjo003.jpg
Dragon_Kazooie3.png
maxresdefault.jpg

His smash alts are ok BUT are really lacking with what it could of been & the messing up multiplayer banjo & kazooie colors REALLY BUGS me not to mention green banjo isn't there. Orange Bownish Banjo from diddy kong racing would of been better then Alt # 4 IMO & the other Alts would of just been Nice to have.

if they didn't get multiplayer banjo SO wrong I might not have such a big issue with it. with all of sakurai's details he puts into everything I am shocked he messed up so badly & with joker getting his school outfit & hero being 4 characters with lots of detail it SUCKS to see banjo done this way.

womder if terry will get alt costumes or even his female alt in smash ?

Attachments

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It could be worse, just look at :ultpacman: and :ultsonic:'s alts. Rare probably wanted BK to be kept simple, but at least they get actual color variety.

As we say where I come from, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
JonSmash JonSmash

WOW ! No wonder I felt off using Blue Banjo he should have green kazooie (he was my favorite in banjo tooie multiplayer)

I agree with getting the multiplayer colors wrong Its really bugging me now :/

the other alts would of been REALLY cool too.

Maybe in the next smash then ? rare said they would be open to even let more rare characters in smash so banjo could be in the next smash just let them know we would like those alts B/C they are really cool !

BUT Banjo & Dragon Kazooie would make an amazing echo fighter ! so if banjo comes back next smash they should be his echo ! just let rare know, I mean we did get Ken & Rickter this smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is Gruntilda's spirit the first time that we've seen a new spirit effect added post-launch? I remember her effect being that the user's stats are boosted when they're poisoned - I can't recall any other spirits having that effect, and I can't recall any other cases where a spirit attached to the DLC characters or one of those spirit events had a brand new effect like that. (at least, none that stand out as being obviously new)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Is Gruntilda's spirit the first time that we've seen a new spirit effect added post-launch? I remember her effect being that the user's stats are boosted when they're poisoned - I can't recall any other spirits having that effect, and I can't recall any other cases where a spirit attached to the DLC characters or one of those spirit events had a brand new effect like that. (at least, none that stand out as being obviously new)
The Phantom Thieves of Hearts had Item Autograb while the Hero’s Comrades had Team Power-Up, both effects never before seen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Phantom Thieves of Hearts had Item Autograb while the Hero’s Comrades had Team Power-Up, both effects never before seen.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. If that's the case, then I guess we can expect to see a new effect for whoever the Fatal Fury/King of Fighters Legendary Spirit is as well. (Geese? Rugal? Probably some kind of cheap boss character, anyway)

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
According to twitter trends of characters talked about on offical nintendo & smash related twitter accounts these are the most mentioned characters maybe some Ideas of who's to come.

ED-rF7oX4AAsjNA.jpeg

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah I wanted to Main Green Banjo & Blue Kazooie but there not in so I just switch between yellow & blue alts

DAMN ! Sora is #1 TWICE ! & #2 in japan ! Geno & doomslayer is doing well too ! crash is also in high demand + Waluigi is still hanging on like bandana dee

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
According to twitter trends of characters talked about on offical nintendo & smash related twitter accounts these are the most mentioned characters maybe some Ideas of who's to come.

View attachment 237547
Sora in Smash would DESTROY the internet. In my eyes I see Sora as the most
impossible character rn due to Square never playin ball w Nintendo nicely, Square already got a DLC rep, and of course the Disney connection (as in would Sakurai put Disney IP in Smash?).

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Disney owns Sora & a disney rep has said that disney would be ok with sora in smash as long as the original creator gives it the ok to do it so square not really a factor.

Disney loves money so I could see them doing it & if they are ok with EA's star wars battlefront 2 giving them REALLY bad PR & killing the star wars brand to the point were is made it into the guinness book of world records & all Disney had to say about it is "we don't make games so EA can keep making star wars games" after ALL that happened

then they will be fine making money off sora in smash bros

Banjo Kazooie VS Sora would be wild !

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, you start with them on New game plus, right?
Not really. After finishing WoL 100% percent, I didn't really care about playing through it again. Honestly, I wish WoL was more like Subspace Emissary and had a bunch of cutscenes. It was a miss opportunity to not have another story mode like Subpace Emissary as there are so many villains in the roster in Ultimate compared to Brawl. The dozen villains and the rest of this huge *** roster would have made Subspace Emissary 2 something truly, truly special compared to Subspace Emissary and WoL.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Not really. After finishing WoL 100% percent, I didn't really care about playing through it again. Honestly, I wish WoL was more like Subspace Emissary and had a bunch of cutscenes. It was a miss opportunity to not have another story mode like Subpace Emissary as there are so many villains in the roster in Ultimate compared to Brawl. The dozen villains and the rest of this huge *** roster would have made Subspace Emissary 2 something truly, truly special compared to Subspace Emissary and WoL.
It having so many characters is part of the reason why it'd be a ***** to develop, though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It having so many characters is part of the reason why it'd be a ***** to develop, though.
That's so true. But it doesn't mean I have to like WoL. Maybe it would have been better if there was a Adventure Mode in Ultimate like Melee's where you go through different parts of the gaming universe through your journey.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As for alts, I'm not a fan of alt colors that much--it just looks too bizarre to me, so any alt color wouldn't satisfy me. I like ones that change up the character--Mario Maker Mario, Shirtless Shulk, School Outfit Joker. I don't think many of the ideas for alt costumes for Banjo & Kazooie would work for me, outside of Dragon Kazooie, and even that I didn't expect because Sakurai mentioned not wanting alt outfits that have powers the characters in Smash don't have (like Tanooki Mario). So, I had low expectations. However, I really like the Blue/Red combo, as well as the Grunty coloring, so that's better than I expected!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
The Grunty colored alt is my favorite alternate color for the duo. I'm glad Gruntilda is getting more recognition as she should be.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Polar Banjo and Grunty Banjo are two of the best alt-colors in the game, and our character got them Banjo-Roos! My biggest fear would have been the PAC-Man treatment.

Oh and I am not a fan of the Banjo-Tooie multiplayer alt coloring. It makes it seem like Banjo on an acid trip.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Hoping banjo has some undiscovered tech, that will help him climb the tier list, while still remaining an honest, wholesome character.

Im glad the internet isn't whining about "bAnJo oP pLeAsE nErF!!!".

Folt

Smash Ace
Alt Color References as I see them:

1. Default Colors
  2. Mumbo Jumbo's Colors for Banjo, Nuts-And-Bolts Colors for Kazooie
  3. Bottles's Colors for Banjo, Squawkmatch Colors for Kazooie
  4. Tooty's Colors for Banjo, Squawkmatch Colors for Kazooie
  5. Boggy's Colors for Banjo, Kazooie references penguins to go with Boggy being a Polar Bear but it's otherwise not a reference to anything particular in the Banjo-Kazooie series
  6. The all-yellow Coloration leads me to believe that it's a reference to the Buzzbombs (Banjo's Colors also resemble one of his Squawkmatch Colors)
  7. Split-Up Pad Colors (Banjo's Colors also resemble one of his Squawkmatch Colors)
  8. Grunty's Colors

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

View attachment 237547
Best not to take it at face value.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's so true. But it doesn't mean I have to like WoL. Maybe it would have been better if there was a Adventure Mode in Ultimate like Melee's where you go through different parts of the gaming universe through your journey.
There wasn't any time for that anyway.

For as much as people go "we'll never get a game as great with this kind of roster as this again", I doubt that forthcoming sequels wouldn't be able to bring in satisfactory side modes, since that's the one aspect that rarely even gets praise for this game. I just wanted to beat up regular enemies, man.

Well, it's not like everyone on the entire planet voted on it. Only thing that affects what's coming is the ballot from years ago.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looking at the polls online nowadays and it's surreal to not see Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie on them anymore as I'm so use to seeing them dominant polls everywhere. I can't believe after 17 to 18 years of waiting since Melee, Ultimate gave me 3 of my 4 most wanted K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie. I somewhat have Goemon as he is a Mii costume, but if he got in I would be satisfied with the roster forever.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
If you guys haven't yet, you should check out Raito's streams. He has been labbing Banjo for like 4 days straight now and just skimming through the videos you see so many cool things Banjo amd Kazooie can do. Similar to how Raito plays Duck Hunt, they are all pretty difficult and character/percent/positioning specific and take practice, but hopefully in the right hands they can go far. And Raito is the kind of person who can take a difficult item generating setup character far like he did with Duck Hunt. If he picked up Banjo as a primary or secondary like it looks like he wants too I'd be happy, because it means they'd get some really good competitive representation
Can you give a link to his vods? I can't find them.

WiiRool

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiRool
Switch FC
SW-2514-2416-3131
Alt Color References as I see them:
The all-yellow Coloration leads me to believe that it's a reference to the Buzzbombs (Banjo's Colors also resemble one of his Squawkmatch Colors)
What do you think of yellow Banjo being a possible reference to the extra life statue?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
A Gundam? Wait...I thought that franchise started as a manga?

Top Bottom