• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
HE'S SO MUCH FUN.

I just love how straightforward he feels. No gimmicks at all. He would have felt right at home back in Smash 64.

I LOVE HIM!!!!
I know, right? I’ve said it before, but someone should adapt this Banjo into a Smash 64 mod with the others.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, let me see how many fan rules died today.
>characters that are already active in current recent fighting games can't get in Smash
>there won't be any DLC past the Fighter Pass and plant
>each character in the pass comes with related costumes
>Sans can't get in Smash in any form, since it would spoil his big twist
>each character must promote something that's on the Switch
Have I missed anything?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Love that all the spirits are new renders. Really went above and beyond!
Honestly its a bit weird that its all new renders, and that they are super high quality when they don't really do anything. Makes me wonder if they'll use them for something else hmmmmmm....

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've only played a bit of Banjo and Kazooie (enough to get the new spirits and beat their classic mode), but they went above and beyond with the music! Seven remixes and three direct ports - I figured it would be the other way around! Between this and Megalovania, this was a great update for the music alone.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If you drift backwards in midair after dropping a grenade egg you can pick it up pretty much instantly. Seems much easier than trying to dash attack grab it on the ground. His - uh, THEIR - back air also seems amazing for gimping; off the ledge there's not a lot they can do to contest it.

Banjo and Kazooie are definitely unconventional but they're super fun.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm downloading Banjo later in the week (too busy to sit down and enjoy a long Smash play), but what I saw on Gamexplain and the Direct......its perfect. Everything to the tiny detail. What a great addition.

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Damn, the AMAZING Treasure Trove Cove remix was done by no other than the legendary Yoko Shimomura! This is such a good moment to be a Banjo-Kazooie fan!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So uh, I got a bit of shock.

I was playing on Spiral Mountain as Banjo, very happy. When Mumbo appeared and started JUGGLING HIS EYEBALLS THIS IS NOT OK!!!

Did he do this at all in the original games? I don't remember ever seeing this

famous_box

Smash Rookie
Down throw works like Rob, fsmash outreaches getup attack xD muy contento

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So I won’t be able to download Banjo til tomorrow night but important question - how are the music tracks? What are the best ones? I’m super excited for Vs Lord Woo Fak Fak

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
So uh, I got a bit of shock.

I was playing on Spiral Mountain as Banjo, very happy. When Mumbo appeared and started JUGGLING HIS EYEBALLS THIS IS NOT OK!!!

Did he do this at all in the original games? I don't remember ever seeing this
It's an idle animation from Nuts and Bolts. An incredibly cursed one, mind you.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
So how are people liking banjo then?
I wish I could go back in time 20 years ago and tell my child self how amazing this would be. The graphics, the animations, the level, the music, the details. My god.

If youre a jabroni tier ***** you might be upset.

If you've been asking for this character since n64, you'll love it

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Man they're...PERFECT! Been playing online to shake the rust off and won the majority of my matches (haven't played seriously since before joker)
Fair is still a little jarring but I'm over it since its so strong
D-Smash can 2 frame and is quick, in fact all their smash attacks are FAST with very little cooldown.
F-titlt and D-tilt are great spacing and get off me tools
I swear their jab is BUSTED I can ALWAYS connect it and it easily sucks in opponents
Wonderwing is hilariously disgustingly good and the 5 feather limit has never bee n a problem so far.

I haven't felt this alive playing smash in ages. Can't wait to play/stream more tomorrow.

Oh, and the music remixes are glorious, they really outdid themselves.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Jontron... but you were wrong...

Mountains CAN be friends

nintendo-rare-banjo-kazooie-in-smash-ultimate-what-weve-all-been-58174727.png

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, after playing as Banjo for the past hour I am in love with him, he's a simple character that feels like he was plucked straight out of the Melee era of Smash, no gimmicks like all the recent newcomers seem to have, just a straight to the point fighter. I like it.

Folt

Smash Ace
I think Banjo's music remixes are the only ones where I'm pretty much in love with all of them.

So much that every music is at max on Spiral Mountain My Music.

ze9

Smash Ace
It's probably already been said, but Gobi's Valley incorporates the entire melody of Gruntilda's Lair! That remix is FIRE.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Couple of more things:

Sakurai promoting an Xbox game on a Nintendo-themed direct was hilarious.

Undertale creator Toby Fox haung out with Sakurai and played Smash with him. Damn, I'm losing in life.

What a time to be alive.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Banjo is so fun! But I also want to say: We now know why Nintendo took down that Megalovania remix before. Toby made his own for the game!

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
How so? I have yet to play him. Won't until Monday, because my fiancé has to mail me back my Switch.
Kazooie has no hurtbox on her so it has a massive disjoint, its super fast and non commital you can do one and a half in one short hop, it has a lot of horizontal and vertical range almost the size of 3 banjos in a line horizontally, it doesn't kill at all but its one heck of a combo tool its just a weaker cloud up air but you can cover more.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Im not entirely sold on neutral b tho. I feel like the eggs should have more range considering how little hit stun the they do, and how vulnerable you are in bregull blaster mode.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I saw some sort of yink fire arrow biz done with bregull blaster
I've noticed something like that too, but it might be percent based. In training I noticed I had to be at point blank range I order to do some nasty hit stun to an opponent. I tried to double hit the dummy character (a random Sonic) twice, once on the ground, then with a jump, for some double nastiness combo's, but I could never get this to connect, but I will try that with some bigger characters.

Top Bottom