• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ze9

Smash Ace
So, what are the odds that :ultincineroar:'s setup will be reused? :ultbanjokazooie: already had :ultkrool:'s as a budget-saving method of sorts.
Very low. It happened with Banjo because it was appropriate there (reunion of Rare characters), and it's the kind of thing that you can really only do once.
Also, the trailers are supposed to sell on the character even people who didn't already know them; it starts to become a problem if they just straight-up reuse someone else's introduction. Especially for a relatively niche character like Terry. Ryu and Ken will probably be involved, though.
Banjo of course didn't need introductions, and that's also part of why that set-up worked so well for him.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey guys, I'm back from the Geno thread. I'm really hoping that Banjo & Kazooie are shadow dropped tomorrow even though it's going to be unlikely.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord

Can't wait to hear this track in full-length.
There's hope that Kirkhope is responsible for all the Banjo remixes (there will be probably 1, maybe even 2 more, judging from the other DLCs).

Also I want Treasure Trove Cove and Rusty Bucket Bay. The latter beingreadful level, but the music is so great.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I bet Banjo's page on the website will go live after tomorrow's Direct

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hoping Banjo & Kazooie's page will be live after tomorrow's Direct and whatever character they decide to reveal. Hoping too that Banjo & Kazooie get a nice little review of their gameplay before they go live in Smash like Hero and Joker got.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As much as I really would love to see :ultbanjokazooie: showcased and shadow-dropped tomorrow, I'm not so sure it's happening. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Sordensheald are confirmed to be showcased, and from experience every time they mention games like this, they usually get a good solid 5 minutes of the direct's time, so that'd be 10 minutes dedicated to those games alone. Each DLC fighter breakdown thus far has clocked in around 15 minutes apiece. Add those together and that would mean that over half of the direct would be dedicated to Banjo & Kazooie, Pokey Mans, and Loogi's Beloogi Triloogy, which just sounds a little too self-indulgent to me.
I think that we're more likely to see is an announcement for the Banjo Showcase/new update, which would happen a few days later, with Banjo dropping a day or two from that.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As much as I really would love to see :ultbanjokazooie: showcased and shadow-dropped tomorrow, I'm not so sure it's happening. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Sordensheald are confirmed to be showcased, and from experience every time they mention games like this, they usually get a good solid 5 minutes of the direct's time, so that'd be 10 minutes dedicated to those games alone. Each DLC fighter breakdown thus far has clocked in around 15 minutes apiece. Add those together and that would mean that over half of the direct would be dedicated to Banjo & Kazooie, Pokey Mans, and Loogi's Beloogi Triloogy, which just sounds a little too self-indulgent to me.
I think that we're more likely to see is an announcement for the Banjo Showcase/new update, which would happen a few days later, with Banjo dropping a day or two from that.
To be fair, Joker took loger because we didn't have a proper trailer for him and Hero's time was invested in Sakurai playing as him and explaining his Command Selection, which was really complex. I don't think Banjo and Kazooie will take as much time, they seem to be simpler mechanically and we already have their trailer. I think 10 minutes could cut it, so it's about a quarter of the Direct. Plus, character trailers take less than 3 minutes, so even with #4's possible reveal, we'd still have around 27 minutes left for the Direct.

It's not exactly likely, but it's possible. Plus, worst case scenario, we might still get their page on the site.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I just woke up less then a hour a ago and when I see Youtube I hear news of a Direct coming tomorrow. THE BEAR AND BIRD ARE ALMOST HOME!!!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Most likely, I think we'll get a release date for Banjo, coming out this or next week. Whatever day he's set to reveal, they'll also stay "look forward to Sakurai's 15-minute presentation before his release!" and that video will drop the day before Banjo does. In addition, Fighter 4's trailer is practically a given.

And I can't believe Terry's getting in, too. Weird that they picked him over Gruntilda, and it's crazy that 2/5 of the Fighters Pass is Banjo characters, so hopefully he's not just a Ridley clone. /s

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For those hoping for a shadow drop tomorrow--I'm not sure why (it's fine if you do though). From my perspective, that would mean a) a short Banjo & Kazooie presentation, and b) annoying everyone else that they're taking a deep dive into something that's already been announced (remember all the salt at Smash at E3 2018). I don't want people to be upset at B&K, I want those who want him to get the best presentation possible, and that would be outside of a Nintendo Direct. 40 mins, though, does worry me that they might.

Best possibility is an announcement of a Smash Direct Thurs. Best of both worlds. However, I think it's more likely they'll be released a few days before the 15th, and I can easily wait a week for them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For those hoping for a shadow drop tomorrow--I'm not sure why (it's fine if you do though). From my perspective, that would mean a) a short Banjo & Kazooie presentation, and b) annoying everyone else that they're taking a deep dive into something that's already been announced (remember all the salt at Smash at E3 2018). I don't want people to be upset at B&K, I want those who want him to get the best presentation possible, and that would be outside of a Nintendo Direct. 40 mins, though, does worry me that they might.

Best possibility is an announcement of a Smash Direct Thurs. Best of both worlds. However, I think it's more likely they'll be released a few days before the 15th, and I can easily wait a week for them.
Wouldn't people be annoyed about Luigi's Mansion 3 getting covered yet again though? I don't mind it at all.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wouldn't people be annoyed about Luigi's Mansion 3 getting covered yet again though? I don't mind it at all.
Certainly there will be--which is why I don't want B&K to suffer the same fate. A nice short reminder that they're coming would be great for a General Direct. But I watch a lot of reactions, and I have a feeling a deep dive would produce many "Are we seriously wasting 5 minutes going over their moves?" I don't wanna do the bird and bear dirty like that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Certainly there will be--which is why I don't want B&K to suffer the same fate. A nice short reminder that they're coming would be great for a General Direct. But I watch a lot of reactions, and I have a feeling a deep dive would produce many "Are we seriously wasting 5 minutes going over their moves?" I don't wanna do the bird and bear dirty like that.
While I don't see them being covered during the Direct (due to how Joker and Hero were handled), even if that did happen, I'd say nuts to anyone who complained about this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I don't see them being covered during the Direct (due to how Joker and Hero were handled), even if that did happen, I'd say nuts to anyone who complained about this.
Nah, they have a right to complain, just as they had a right to complain about Smash at E3 2018. I want the best for Banjo & Kazooie, and that means not wasting people's time during a General Direct where they want to hear about new games.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Completely agree. Besides, I want Banjo & Kazooie to have a special presentation like Joker and Hero before they release. As long as their section on the Smash Bros. page is finally FINALLY unlocked and we can see more screenshots and their alternate costumes, I'll be satisfied with waiting til they release.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
This will be our very first time to watch a Nin Direct not having to think "wIlL bAnJo bE iN sMaSh?" and it feels so good!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People will always complain about something in regards to Directs. It doesn't matter what game takes up more time than the rest, they'll be annoyed all the same unless they're the specific aimed fanbase. I severely doubt everyone was satisfied with DQ and FE taking up two thirds of the February Direct.

It's impossible to please everyone, especially when your company plans aren't prepared enough to unveil yet.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
People will always complain about something in regards to Directs. It doesn't matter what game takes up more time than the rest, they'll be annoyed all the same unless they're the specific aimed fanbase. I severely doubt everyone was satisfied with DQ and FE taking up two thirds of the February Direct.

It's impossible to please everyone, especially when your company plans aren't prepared enough to unveil yet.
Basically this. Hence why I said nuts to those people earlier.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
The time is getting closer folks. The excitement is ready to burst tenfold. Time to shift our hype into maximum guh-huhverdrive! Get your guh-huhs and brees ready! Our time is coming!

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm not going to get hyped for Banjo until next week. I couldn't handle it.
Actually, I may not watch Banjo's presentation and just buy the character later, so I'll discover everything by myself. Of course I'll watch it anyways, but only after a couple days. Let's see how it goes...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This is going to be an awesome direct, Not only will we likely get a date for Banjo-Kazooie within the next week or 2 ,But Pokemon Sword & Shield and Luigi's Mansion 3 (My 2 most anticipated games of the year) will be headlining and the main focus of the direct.

But hopefully their will be a few more surprises in store catered to my taste even though some are much more likelier than others.

- Rare Replay for Nintendo Switch or at the very least ports of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on the Nintendo eShop.

- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 Announcement.

- Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster.

- Super Mario Sunshine Remaster (Hopefully that post from Nintendo was a teaser)

- Super Mario Party DLC

- Mario Baseball/Sluggers Sequel

Last edited:

Greator

Smash Rookie
I don't think they'll give B&K any precise release date. If I recall, Piranha Plant, Joker or Hero didn't get one either, they were just released with a patch, without any exact date.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
With the direct today and the Smash ads being posted in Japan, I could actually see a date given for Banjo & Kazooie in today's direct or even them being released today if we're lucky. They're definitely not as complex as Hero so there won't be as much to go over in terms of their moveset where in comparison Hero has all of those spells and Sakurai played a match against a CPU to showcase some of them. Plus they're not gonna save a gimmick we don't know about for later as, from what I recall, they always have teased character gimmicks in the first reveal of said character even if it's very brief. This is at least true for Ultimate.

Basically I think either could happen. At least one because they don't seem like a character that'd take a long time to go over and the direct is roughly 40 minutes.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Aight yall:

I need EVERYONE to put out positive energy today that's going to get Rare Replay or Banjo-Kazooie games onto the Switch.

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Hopes:

Rare Replay on Switch

Metroid Prime Trilogy

SNES on Nintendo Online

Super Mario Party DLC

WarioWare Switch

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

No! They announce his release in this Direct or I'm gonna cry. :'( See? Already crying!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
No! They announce his release in this Direct or I'm gonna cry. :'( See? Already crying!
Today's Direct is going to say: stay tuned for a sakurai video and banjo'ss release next week. They wont drop him today, unfortunately.

ONE. MORE. WEEK.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
When you're expecting more smash news, but you already got all the characters you wanted so you can finally sit back and relax without having to worry.
source.gif

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We already know it should be before the 15th--that's amazing! That's way earlier than I expected, in October, and that was an optimistic guess. If we go by Hero, it would likely be on the 11th. So at most, we're waiting a week. A week compared to a whole month is certainly much more preferred, and having waited 20 years for them to come to Smash... I'm set. :awesome:

We'll find out if it's in this Direct soon enough, y'all.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
When you're expecting more smash news, but you already got all the characters you wanted so you can finally sit back and relax without having to worry.
View attachment 236795
So damn true, Of course there is still a couple of characters I would like to see like Crash Bandicoot or even a Pokemon 8th Gen Rep, But for the most part I don't really care that much anymore about the remaining DLC spots since Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool were the big ones that I always wanted and now that their in it's all smooth sailing from here in out.

A lot of people are arguing about the SNK rep in the Newcomer thread and I just sit back and enjoy the show, I don't really have any history with SNK as it was a little bit before my time and the only other fighting game series that I really got into outside of Super Smash Bros was Killer Instinct, But I am somewhat aware of who they are and what they did for fighting games and I'm sure Sakurai wants to represent as much of Japanese gaming as he can with different companies so I can sort of respect that, Not too crazy about the pick, But like I said I already got what I wanted so I don't really mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom